(POLL) Should PD make gr.VGT for all VGT cars?

• Thread starter ivann
  • 35 comments

as the title says

• Total voters
I believe that there should be a separate group for VGT's. Use BoP to level them out.

Why would you move them out of Group X? And as for BoP, you're not going to be able to BoP everything from the Copen Racing Jacket to the 2X into a group that represents performance.

they are so unpopular and get so little use.

Sounds to me like there's only a slim chance of them affecting your illusion of simulation then...

If the Beetle, for instance, at least used the proper tire and wheel sizes
Yeah, they seem a bit too big for a race car. Thought it was just my impression.
As it stands, it destroys the illusion of the simulation.
Precisely. I have no problem with "fictional" cars as long as they don't look out of place and have realistic performances.

Why would you move them out of Group X? And as for BoP, you're not going to be able to BoP everything from the Copen Racing Jacket to the 2X into a group that represents performance.

Did you bother to actually look at group X before making this comment? Group X is not the the VGT exclusive group. It encompasses cars that are in no way, shape, or form a VGT. I'll let you go fire up the game and do the work. I won't bother listing all the cars in grX that are not VGT's

Sounds to me like there's only a slim chance of them affecting your illusion of simulation then...

Really? Maybe you should actually think about what you say before you write. How many VGT lobbies do you see online? How many VGT series? How many people allow VGT's in their room at all?

As for the VGT's that are assigned to Gr 1, 3, and 4, Group 1 is infested with them to the point that the 919 is often the only car that is not a VGT on the grid. In Gr3 and 4, the Citroen is often in on grid as is the Toyota in Gr 3.

Last edited:
Did you bother to actually look at group X before making this comment? Group X is the the VGT exclusive group. It encompasses cars that are in no way, shape, or form a VGT. I'll let you go fire up the game and do the work. I won't bother listing all the cars in grX that are not VGT's

Did you read what I quoted before jumping on the snark train? Or do you simply not have an answer for my question? Just to reiterate...

I believe that there should be a separate group for VGT's

Why move them out of Group X? What's the benefit?

Use BoP to level them out.

You want to level them out using BoP... so you want the RJ Bop'd against the 2X, no?

also...

Group X is the the VGT exclusive group.

Wut? VGT's are not exclusive to Group X, neither does Group X exclude VGT's, and Group X is not exclusive to VGT's... so this statement makes no sense however I read it.

Really? Maybe you should actually think about what you say before you write. How many VGT lobbies do you see online? How many VGT series? How many people allow VGT's in their room at all?

Don't know, I don't really pay that much attention when online, I do my daily mileage everyday in a public lobby using a VGT, can't say it's caused me any any issues. But, I wasn't the one making any claim about their popularity, or lack thereof, you were... so maybe lose the attitude and do some guided meditation... or something.

As for the VGT's that are assigned to Gr 1, 3, and 4, Group 1 is infested with them to the point that the 919 is often the only car that is not a VGT on the grid. In Gr3 and 4, the Citroen is often in on grid as is the Toyota in Gr 3.

Sounds like there's a problem with BoP... but nevermind that... So what you're saying is that VGT's are popular? I thought you said they were unpopular?

Honestly, I get that you don't want VGT's, but you're not making any coherent case for how, or why, they should be handled differently. Maybe concentrate on making a relevant point, than trying to deliver a point that's venom tipped.

Did you read what I quoted before jumping on the snark train? Or do you simply not have an answer for my question? Just to reiterate...

Why move them out of Group X? What's the benefit?

How is a BMW pace car supposed to be BoP's against the Bugatti VGT? Or the Chapparal? Isn't it obvious enough why the VGT group should be separate?

You want to level them out using BoP... so you want the RJ Bop'd against the 2X, no?

also...

No, that's silly, and the RJ is one of the reason VGT is rather useless. Is that anyone's favourite car?

Wut? VGT's are not exclusive to Group X, neither does Group X exclude VGT's, and Group X is not exclusive to VGT's... so this statement makes no sense however I read it.

That was a typo. I meant to say that it was NOT exclusive to the VGT's and that's why it's a problem.

Don't know, I don't really pay that much attention when online, I do my daily mileage everyday in a public lobby using a VGT, can't say it's caused me any any issues. But, I wasn't the one making any claim about their popularity, or lack thereof, you were... so maybe lose the attitude and do some guided meditation... or something.

As for the rest...You like them. I don't. Let bygones be bygones.

Sorry for the venom

Last edited:
Definitely. They are ugly, they understeer, they are heavy, they don't require much skill to drive fast and they are more often than not, much faster than the proper LMP cars.

Back