PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,899 comments
When i'm hard on the Breaks it's like the car is "dancing". Braking only straight and no steering was the solution for me.

I'm bad at describing car behaviours, but yes I think you are experiencing similar to me. At first I thought maybe I set the brake balance wrong, but its -2 just like pra's tune. Looking forward to taking the Boss for a spin on Monday!

Maestro,
I tuned as per the sheet and took this car to Le Mans. I found braking while cornering to be a real challenge, causing me to totally lose it a couple of times. The car felt like it was towing a trailer with no brakes while braking during cornering!?!? Just for your info,
Cheers, Pete
This is true. I don't think it's a glitch or a bad behaviors. This behavior happen since the before 1.23 update , i don't remember what exactly what update , when they change the tire's model .
When you perform heavy braking entering a turn , mostly with a MR or RR car of course , the car tend to induce a strong oversteer. Brake balance to the front with - numbers don't help a lot.
In fact , the only way to avoid this oversteer is to modulate your driving input with the right wheel angle. You just need some finesse now , just in real life . If you perform the right wheel angle at the right time , it'll be fine.
It seems that the simulator turn more real than ever. I love this.

Last edited:
Nissan Silvia K'S Type S S14 '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - SWAP ENGINE - 1.41

Engine swap : LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
WIDE CAR
Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide.

Front A
Side A
Rear St
Wing Custom.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240117215009.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240117215017.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240117215025.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240117215035.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Hello Boss Praiano, just wanted to say thank you for all your tunes lately, it is such a big pleasure to drive your cars. Thank you boss from the heart.

So I found something crazy! I tried time attack on Nurburgring in the 700PP range and I found the Mustang Boss 429 is crazy fast! I added racing soft tires to reach 700PP and I got 6:20.7 lap. This is miles better than my time in your other tunes:
Honda NSX '92 - 6:33.5
Ferrari GTO - 6:35.0
Corvette C7 ’14 - 6:38.2

Why is there such a big difference of times between those tunes? Is it the tires? Other cars are running racing hards as in your builds.

Its a beast, perfect job.

Hello Boss Praiano, just wanted to say thank you for all your tunes lately, it is such a big pleasure to drive your cars. Thank you boss from the heart.

So I found something crazy! I tried time attack on Nurburgring in the 700PP range and I found the Mustang Boss 429 is crazy fast! I added racing soft tires to reach 700PP and I got 6:20.7 lap. This is miles better than my time in your other tunes:
Honda NSX '92 - 6:33.5
Ferrari GTO - 6:35.0
Corvette C7 ’14 - 6:38.2

Why is there such a big difference of times between those tunes? Is it the tires? Other cars are running racing hards as in your builds.

Its a beast, perfect job.
You're welcome. The "problem" is the Performance point system , allowing to much power for this car at 700PP. Just like the Suzuki Capuccinno with SWAP Engine. Perhaps they will correct it ... or not. It's in their hands. Till then , full throttle. ;) :cheers:

Hi Praiano, I've noticed that your recent tunes now usually have a very high ride in the rear and low in the front. Curious how this affects the performance of the car that you're now preferring it in your tunes?

Nissan Silvia K'S Type S S14 '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - SWAP ENGINE - 1.25

Engine swap : LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
WIDE CAR
Rims up to you
Width Wide
Offset Wide.

Front St
Side St
Rear St
Wing Custom.

I prefer to prioritize speed on this car than grip , adding rear diffuser. Diffuser turn the car grippy but still slower to top 10 fasters 700PP , so no interesting.
Adding power is the best option. Crazing top speed anywhere. 6:36 on Nordschleife safely , under 4:00 on Le Mans , but you'll have to short shifting a lot to make 3 laps.
The car is stable now , i had to play with ballast and harder springs , it's a very good pleasant car.

View attachment 1202872View attachment 1202873View attachment 1202874View attachment 1202875

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
very nice, gonna try this at 600.

Edit: Not that good for 600pp, need to reduce power too much, even with SH, so it's nothing special anymore. I tried using CM front and RH rear, but it doesn't do good in turns. Better car for 700pp, i guess. :)

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 - 700 PP - Racing Hard or + - All Track - 1.25
The car is maxed , don't reach 700PP with racing Hard but it's enough to be extremelly fast everywhere. You can increase to Racing Hard if you want.
Under 4:00 on Le Mans with FM6

Wide body ON
Front part B
Rear diffuser A ON
Wing Custom

View attachment 1202759View attachment 1202760

For the gears , you have to perform the tranny trick:
Final gear to max value full right
Top speed (Auto) minimum full left
Set each gear ratio
Set final gear the way you want to reach the desired top speed.
View attachment 1202761View attachment 1202762

Enjoy your drive.

Just perfect! A rocket on FM6. Will hit 201 mph at LeMans on FM1. You can get 2.5 laps on fuel at FM6. Also, RM’s will be a bit over 50% at the end of 2 laps. Brake balance at -2 Front works wonders.

I even bought another one.

Bravo!

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, I've noticed that your recent tunes now usually have a very high ride in the rear and low in the front. Curious how this affects the performance of the car that you're now preferring it in your tunes?
Ride height increase stability in this game.

Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 - 700 PP - Racing Hard or + - All Track - 1.25
The car is maxed , don't reach 700PP with racing Hard but it's enough to be extremelly fast everywhere. You can increase to Racing Hard if you want.
Under 4:00 on Le Mans with FM6

Wide body ON
Front part B
Rear diffuser A ON
Wing Custom

View attachment 1202759View attachment 1202760

For the gears , you have to perform the tranny trick:
Final gear to max value full right
Top speed (Auto) minimum full left
Set each gear ratio
Set final gear the way you want to reach the desired top speed.
View attachment 1202761View attachment 1202762

Enjoy your drive.

Wow. What a great handling, fast car. I did 3:59 at Le Mans playing on my PS5 controller and half asleep. It might be the most enjoyable car I’ve driven there.

Thank you!

Suzuki Cappuccini '91 - Maxed 548PP - Intermediary / Racing Hard tires - Tokyo Rain Event - SWAP
Engine SWAP 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)

Wide Body

Rims 13" Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

A real Bomb but i set it to be easy and friendly. Others radicals pilots can low the front and / or add some front downforce. Up to you. It's ok like this for me.
Start with 5 laps with intermediary and 7 laps with racing hard. You can lap under 2:00 minutes.

View attachment 1199122View attachment 1199123

1- Set the final gear to max 6.500
2-Set auto speed at the minimum 800kmh
3- Set final gear to minimum 3.500
4-Set each individual gear ratio . This is the difficult part.
The 1st gear is already ok. You need to play with the others gears since you meet the range you need.When you shut one gear , mess with the next and come back to the precedent gear , the ratio range will change. I know , it's a crazy method but this is the only way (Thanks PD) :lol: :cheers:
Done.

View attachment 1199124View attachment 1199125

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Thanks for the tune. A couple questions. Why slotted brakes instead of ceramic? Why bias the brakes towards the rear? Why set the ride height so high? Why no front downforce?

Any chance of doing the amuse engine swapped?
Slim to none-

That was not around during glitch for engine tickets,

So Master P would have to win thay engine first.

And we know its unlikely, because you get 30 duplicates before you get what "you wanted"

Alfa Romeo 4C GR4- 630 PP - Racing tires - All around
BOP rules 295 HP - 2315 lbs

It's difficult to decide setting orientation . PP ? BOP ???? . I did with some we have playing for the moment. PP is the thing.
If we have other kind of race next , i will another one. Anyway , this one will serve as a base setting for me.
It work for the HSR money maker. Tested also on Suzuki and Brand Hatch.

View attachment 1123670View attachment 1123671View attachment 1123672

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This tune also works for the normal 4C with the swapped Ferrari 458 engine which I upped to 700 PP for Le Mans. Nice job, thanks a lot!

It's more a question of wheel angle input in my opinion.
Maestro,
Last night I tried out the two Porsches, the 09 first and the '16 next, both on the St,Croix racetrack. The '09 exhibited the same tail heaviness under braking as the Ferrari F40. The '16 however was perfect, and I fell in love again. I certainly waxed all the asses out there with both, but the '16 was effortless, while the '09 needed full concentration while braking/cornering.
For your info, cheers, Pete

Thanks for the tune. A couple questions. Why slotted brakes instead of ceramic? Why bias the brakes towards the rear? Why set the ride height so high? Why no front downforce?
Front downforce increase PP , rack with a higher rear ride height do the job , increase front grip and don't increase PP , so can add more Power instead.
Maestro,
Last night I tried out the two Porsches, the 09 first and the '16 next, both on the St,Croix racetrack. The '09 exhibited the same tail heaviness under braking as the Ferrari F40. The '16 however was perfect, and I fell in love again. I certainly waxed all the asses out there with both, but the '16 was effortless, while the '09 needed full concentration while braking/cornering.
For your info, cheers, Pete
This is the way it is. It's possible to let the car more steady with more front ride height but the car don't turn so well. The best and faster option is to avoid late braking and perform carefully a right wheel angle input.

@praiano63 do you have a tune for the gr.4 veyron? i used it for tokyo 600pp and won but it's handling is subpar so i'd like to improve it. it's surprisingly fuel efficient and never had to pit for fuel but the front tires (sports hards) are holding on for dear life by the end of lap 12.

Thanks

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 SV '15 - 800 PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - 1.25

1:52 on Suzuka , 6:00 on Nordschleife. What else to say. On Sardenia need to use FM6 , Racing Medium for 2 stop 5 laps.
It's a wide car. No late braking entering a turn.

Wide Car.

Rims 20" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B
Side B
Rear B
Wing B

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

I use the stock Transmission
l3.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.