PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,931 comments
Thanks. I did verify Rear is "Type A", but this reminded me of another strange thing. @praiano63 's spec says Side: "Type B". I only have the option of "Standard" and "Type A" for Side, so I chose "Type A".

Anyway, I was able to blow away Sophy easily with this on Spa, reaching 340km/hr on the long straight.

I had an interesting experience with the 1,000,000cr endurance event at Spa. The front tires on this tune wear out like crazy, so even when I switched the tune to RM tires, I could only get a max 5 or 6 laps on one set of tires, and then with Wets or IMs when the track dries out, you get 1.5 laps if you're lucky after that. It made for an interesting pit strategy. I still managed to win going away, but I didn't retake 1st until lap 22.
Checked , my car is ok 800PP
Wide body
Rims 20"
Front B , Side B , Rear A , Wing Custom.
All the rest according to the setting sheet.

Fascinating work. But would you mind testing my 997 setting (based on your all-round) for Nordschleife? I removed the diffuser, used stock wheels and brakes to gain PP, and it seems to work well, since getting better tires and more power. My poor driving skills made a 6:32 lap, and I believe that your exquisite skills could make full use of its potential. It will be great if you could give me some advice on suspension&lsd tunings.View attachment 1306006View attachment 1306007View attachment 1306008View attachment 1306009
My car also don't have rear Diffuser , the option to stay with normal original body can be a good option .
Using normal brake (but very good originals brakes) is ok on Nordschleife. Just need earlier braking points , just a few in this case.
Sure the extra HP can help for top speed and retakes out corner but all in one it's almost the same perform +-.
The difference can be more expressive on Le Mans for example.
I can't test your car because i don't have it anymore after the SWAP option. I need to buy a new car.

EDIT: Ok i've bought a new car and test your setting. Using stock brakes and pads is faster on fast track only , the braking distance for grip track with no long straight is too long.
But the racing soft are too much and eat too much PP for the grip they give, I was able to be faster with Racing Hard and racing brakes and pads. The grip stay ok but the car have more HP for same 700PP as your RS tires no racing brakes.

Last edited:
Hah! I missed that one. Thanks.
1700871756665.png

Weekly Challenge - all @praiano63 tunes (except the Sunday cup):

European FR 550 Challenge - Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta '61 550pp
Race of Turbo Sports Cars - BMW VGT 700pp
Special Event - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (800pp tune downtuned to 700pp w/RH tires)
World Touring Car 700 - Jaguar XJ13 '66

I have to say the classic Ferrari and Jaguar were lots of fun. I especially loved throwing the Jag around Deep Forest. You all should definitely give it a whirl. It's a blast on that track

Checked , my car is ok 800PP
Wide body
Rims 20"
Front B , Side B , Rear A , Wing Custom.
All the rest according to the setting sheet.
It's really bizarre.

I looked deeper, and I have two GT-R NISMO '17's in my garage. One is certainly an earlier tune of yours at 700pp - It's the same livery. On THIS car, I can (and have) set Side: Type B.

The other one, I had sitting around stock from somewhere and I upgraded it for your new 800pp SWAP tune. On this car, when I go to GT Auto, there is no "Type B" option in Custom Parts for "Side". I'm wondering if you have to set that BEFORE you do the engine swap, and after thati it's not there anymore. No idea, just imagining things at this point. I'm completely clueless as to what's going on :)

Anyway, doesn't matter that much, I got it to work with what I had

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - SWAP - 1.41

SWAP Engine: 8.0-WR16-64V4T-Chiron
Wide car
Rims up to you - With Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

I've let the Rear extension and front compression very low for the car fall on his front grip , allowing weight transfer playing free . The car without this freedom stay a few lazzy. Just don't pass over the limit or the sanction will come. It's still very easy to lead this way.
Top car on Nordschleife or SPA....

View attachment 1305876View attachment 1305877View attachment 1305878View attachment 1305879

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Do you think it's even better than the 800PP r34 swap r92cp?

Dodge Super Bee '70 - 550PP - Sport Medium tires - All Around setting
I needed some extreme settings to tame and turn this car drivable at a fast pace. It work well , can compete with the best 550PP anywhere..

Wide Body

Rims 14" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front Standard - Wing Standard

View attachment 1144013View attachment 1144014

1- set auto speed at the minimum 150kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.135 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1144015View attachment 1144016View attachment 1144017

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Could it be time for this one to be updated? :-D

Do you think it's even better than the 800PP r34 swap r92cp?
Really don't know , need to check against the ghost. R34 is a lot lighter for same HP , but in this game Power x weight is not a good base to compare cars.
Could it be time for this one to be updated? :-D
Sure , i've checked already and it's even better than before. It can support Hard tires for fast track with a good amount of grip. The car stay very good. I'll publish it later.

My car also don't have rear Diffuser , the option to stay with normal original body can be a good option .
Using normal brake (but very good originals brakes) is ok on Nordschleife. Just need earlier braking points , just a few in this case.
Sure the extra HP can help for top speed and retakes out corner but all in one it's almost the same perform +-.
I can't test your car because i don't have it anymore after the SWAP option. I need to buy a new car.

EDIT: Ok i've bought a new car and test your setting. Using stock brakes and pads is faster on fast track only , the braking distance for grip track with no long straight is too long.
But the racing soft are too much and eat too much PP for the grip they give, I was able to be faster with Racing Hard and racing brakes and pads. The grip stay ok but the car have more HP for same 700PP as your RS tires no racing brakes.

Thanks a lot for that
AF0C3FB7CEECD6C50F10E1BDFF7D3408.jpg

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé '64 - Maxed 690PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.40

Rims diam up to you
Rim Width Wide
Offset Wide

Laping 4:00 on Le Mans FM 6 , can take any top 700PP road car anywhere. I've had to tight it over the 4 corners to not lose precision , LSD was enough for this and suspension was setted to add some more front grip . Works very well , a real pleasure to drive.

View attachment 1304860View attachment 1304861View attachment 1304862View attachment 1304863

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
What a wonderful tune. I was worried that racing soft tires was going to be too much grip. I was very wrong. This car rotates wonderfully predictably both on the gas and the breaks. Wonderful, wonderful drive. Now my favourite looking car in the the game is also my favourite drive in the game! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

Last edited:
Really don't know , need to check against the ghost. R34 is a lot lighter for same HP , but in this game Power x weight is not a good base to compare cars.

Sure , i've checked already and it's even better than before. It can support Hard tires for fast track with a good amount of grip. The car stay very good. I'll publish it later.
Three cheers for the maestro!

So I figured out the following info in regards to tuning for specific tracks.

1. Sardegna = Sardegna Road Track - World Touring Car 800 event. PP800 / 15 Lap(s) -
The easiest option to grind for credits, because you just need to have a pit strategy and Fuel map strategy for whichever car you pick. You get the Clean Race Bonus nearly 100% of the time even if you hit other cars. Your tire wear is highly predictable because the weather is perfect in this event. It can be completed quite easily with only 1 pit stop with the Bugatti VGT.
2. Le Mans = Circuit de la Sarthe - World Touring Car 800 event - PP700 / 30 Minute (s) -
Takes slightly longer than Sardegna to complete the race, but you will be awarded more credits. However, you have to be careful with the rain and your pit strategy can vary from race to race depending on how hard the rain kicks in towards the end of Lap 2 / beginning of Lap 3. Most of the time you can run Racing Hard tires through the light rain and be fine. But sometimes you will need to Pit and switch to Intermediate, and if it stops raining too quickly you will need to pit again soon after and switch back. This variation in weather and fuel strategy makes you more vulnerable to spinning out in the rain or running out of gas altogether which you can easily avoid in Sardegna. Much more fun track to race though.
3. Tokyo = Tokyo Expressway - World Touring Car 600 event. PP600 - 12 Lap(s) -
Also referred to as Tokyo rain because you start the race with wet streets like it had just rained but the streets are not quite dry yet. Definitely requires a more skilled driver than the other 2 events. The lap starts and ends with 2 back-breaking turns when it comes to lap times if you don't manage them properly. Automatic transmission will not suffice on this track like it will on the other two. The course requires a shifting strategy beyond the capabilities of the auto transmission assist setting. With more risk of failure, you can earn more credits per hour on this track. But if you fail it kills the math in your credits per hour vs. just grinding on Sardegna.

I have a question in relation to the recent Maxed Valkyrie tune at Nordschleife. Which event is the one you are focusing on at Nordschleife? And is there a single go-to event for the other courses you have listed in your tunes? Like Spa, Watkins Glen, Suzuka, etc.

I have also sent another small donation to your Paypal. Words can't express how valuable your work and time truly is. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dodge Super Bee '70 - 550PP - Sport Medium tires - All Track - 1.41
Perfect drive , you can use Sport medium or Hard to have much more top speed but both are excelent to drive.

Wide Body

Rims 14" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front Standard - Wing Standard

View attachment 1306282View attachment 1306283View attachment 1306284View attachment 1306285

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Perfection!
I tried messing with it a bit but i'm just beginning with learning tuning and i just couldnt get it to feel quite right...Thank you Maestro!

Porsche 356 A/1500GS GT Carrera Speedster '56 - 550PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Tracks - 1.37

Good to race on Nordschleife against Renault R5 turbo or Alpine A110
Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Wing custom (Ugly but necessary)

Same tune can be used on Alsace mission at 460PP and comfort soft tires.

View attachment 1287432View attachment 1287433View attachment 1287434View attachment 1287435

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I didn't have the option for a wing at all in gt auto

So I figured out the following info in regards to tuning for specific tracks.

1. Sardegna = Sardegna Road Track - World Touring Car 800 event. PP800 / 15 Lap(s) -
The easiest option to grind for credits, because you just need to have a pit strategy and Fuel map strategy for whichever car you pick. You get the Clean Race Bonus nearly 100% of the time even if you hit other cars. Your tire wear is highly predictable because the weather is perfect in this event. It can be completed quite easily with only 1 pit stop with the Bugatti VGT.
2. Le Mans = Circuit de la Sarthe - World Touring Car 800 event - PP700 / 30 Minute (s) -
Takes slightly longer than Sardegna to complete the race, but you will be awarded more credits. However, you have to be careful with the rain and your pit strategy can vary from race to race depending on how hard the rain kicks in towards the end of Lap 2 / beginning of Lap 3. Most of the time you can run Racing Hard tires through the light rain and be fine. But sometimes you will need to Pit and switch to Intermediate, and if it stops raining too quickly you will need to pit again soon after and switch back. This variation in weather and fuel strategy makes you more vulnerable to spinning out in the rain or running out of gas altogether which you can easily avoid in Sardegna. Much more fun track to race though.
3. Tokyo = Tokyo Expressway - World Touring Car 600 event. PP600 - 12 Lap(s) -
Also referred to as Tokyo rain because you start the race with wet streets like it had just rained but the streets are not quite dry yet. Definitely requires a more skilled driver than the other 2 events. The lap starts and ends with 2 back-breaking turns when it comes to lap times if you don't manage them properly. Automatic transmission will not suffice on this track like it will on the other two. The course requires a shifting strategy beyond the capabilities of the auto transmission assist setting. With more risk of failure, you can earn more credits per hour on this track. But if you fail it kills the math in your credits per hour vs. just grinding on Sardegna.

I have a question in relation to the recent Maxed Valkyrie tune at Nordschleife. Which event is the one you are focusing on at Nordschleife? And is there a single go-to event for the other courses you have listed in your tunes? Like Spa, Watkins Glen, Suzuka, etc.

I have also sent another small donation to your Paypal. Words can't express how valuable your work and time truly is. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sorry but the text is very long for me with my aphasia problem. Are you looking for cars for each event ? If yes , a lot of option but some cars here:

Sardegna very fast , pleasure to drive , easy .
Nissan R92CP '92 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - Sardegna - 1.36

Le Mans , a lot of options but 4WD easier for rain laps.
Nissan R34 GT-R V Nurb '02 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.36

Tokyo, I prefer precision cars with front grip for driving pleasure in the bends. Also some 4WD cars are ok.
Ferrari Testarossa '91 - 600 PP - Sport Medium tires - All Tracks - 1.35
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren '09 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo rain event - 1.39
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard - Tokyo -1.32
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.39
Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.32

The Valkyrie is for online racing or Time trial.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I didn't have the option for a wing at all in gt auto
You're using the wrong car. Only the speedster model have the wing option.
@praiano63 Here's one for you...Could you work your magic with the
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60?
Sorry i don't have the car yet.

@praiano63 his questions about the Maxed Valkyrie tune at Nordschleife:

1. Which event is the one you are focusing on at Nordschleife?

2. Is there a single go-to event for the other courses you have listed in your tunes? Like Spa, Watkins Glen, Suzuka, etc.?

Sardegna great with your R92 tune, but imo even better with Bugatti VGT Gr1. This car is 🤌

I must try Tokyo rain..

Edit: my apologies, I think you may have answered already but I missed it! 😳

Last edited:
Bugatti VGT (Gr1) - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.40

Perfect the Gr1 proto serie 950PP races.
Excellent , fast and easy , can handle most races using this setting , for example Road Atlanta need FM6 for 9 laps 2 stops...

View attachment 1301973View attachment 1301974View attachment 1301975View attachment 1301976

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

The brakes on this thing are unreal. And the way the engine sounds slamming down through the gears. What a great drive.

Back