Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
While it's nice to see free content for GTS, it's not like PCars2 released with bare bone content. I don't think GTS offers over 50 tracks/locations.
You can't exactly blame PCars2 for being more silent. SMS literally threw everything at us, even the kitchen sink. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Not only that, but SMS has been doing DLC to a very clear schedule so far - a pack every three months. The only thing that came outside of that cycle was the Ferrari Challenge car, which was as far as anyone knows a total one off. I don't see why anyone would expect that to change now :confused:

While it's nice to see free content for GTS, it's not like PCars2 released with bare bone content. I don't think GTS offers over 50 tracks/locations.
You can't exactly blame PCars2 for being more silent. SMS literally threw everything at us, even the kitchen sink. I have no complaints whatsoever.
Neither do i and after 41k miles with my gtr i still have a big O smile on my face whenever i drive it and can wait for the fxx-k come september. :)

Not only that, but SMS has been doing DLC to a very clear schedule so far - a pack every three months. The only thing that came outside of that cycle was the Ferrari Challenge car, which was as far as anyone knows a total one off. I don't see why anyone would expect that to change now :confused:
Agreed. If anything was to come, I'd expect it to be a Porsche Supercup car as the car in between. But I'm definitely not expecting anything.

Besides, PC has more F1 cars than any other current game excluding the official. I'd definitely like more with some rivals of current cars, of course. But it still does.

Last edited:
On the GTS side
https://www.gtplanet.net/lewis-hamiltons-mercedes-w08-f1-car-is-coming-to-gran-turismo-sport/

Meanwhile on the pcars 2 side
tenor.gif

If it is on schedule it won't be long to wait for the Ferrari pack. Obviously I would rather wait 2 months than 3 for each DLC pack, but there have been some excellent cars so far and hopefully the next pack will maintain the quality.

I'm really hoping for a second Season Pass!

If it is on schedule it won't be long to wait for the Ferrari pack. Obviously I would rather wait 2 months than 3 for each DLC pack, but there have been some excellent cars so far and hopefully the next pack will maintain the quality.

I'm really hoping for a second Season Pass!

Couldn't agree more with the last statement. I think a second, or even third Season Pass could be vital to keep this game alive until the launch of a possible PC3, assuming this is as early as the launch of the new generation of consoles. Future Season Passes could also provide SMS with some extra cash cows to finance their future plans.

The content currently available in the Season Pass isn't exactly my taste though, although I will get it eventually on a discount.

All those tracks and I exclusively drive on the Nürburgring. I spent my money well. 👍

However, the sole reason I bought PC2 was because of that delicious Camaro Z28 TransAm's V8. I haven't heard a better implementation of the classic muscle V8 engine in any other game. ...that's why I really want SMS to make a DLC with a De Tomaso Pantera. (I posted that a couple pages back) They can make V8s sound just right. GT Sport's Pantera sounds a bit too...plain. They got the tone right, but it lacks the growling rumble of the real thing - something SMS did right with the Camaro.

I don't mind the current DLC system personally.

But if it had to be different I would say have the big packs every 3 months and maybe in the 2 months in between just have a small pack containing maybe 3 or 4 (Project) Cars..

I get that it takes time to make every car Model so I appreciate what we got.

Ferrari pack is just a month and a bit away now.

Is there any information on what cars will be in that pack?

Here.
Content We Have Information About
Cars

2017 Ferrari F12tdf
2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
2015 Ferrari FXX K
1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
1987 Ferrari F40
1981 Ferrari 512BB LM
1961 Ferrari 250 GT Competizione
1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Potential Tracks
Interlagos
Mugello
Fiorano

458 speciale aperta? i applaude them for bringing this car. normally if anything you get the coupe version.
will it be open though, like the cinque roadster? probably.

Of those, I'm most excited about the bottom three and really hope they appear - they are the three I will use the most and already have online championship series provisionally planned.

Of the three tracks mentioned I think Fiorano is the most likely and I'm not very excited about that one as it is probably too narrow for good online racing.

I've just finished reading the superb book "Hobbo" the autobiography of David Hobbs. For those not familiar - he had a 31 year pro racing career during which he competed all over the world in a huge variety of single seaters, saloons and sports cars. I was amazed to find at the back of the book that as well as favourite co-drivers he also lists his top ten favourite racing cars and tracks - drawn from the many, many that he drove. If I was SMS I would use David Hobbs suggestions for a special DLC pack (a lot of his suggestions are already in the game) - the pack would look like this:

Track 1 Mosport (now called Canadian Tire Motorsport Park), Ontario, Canada. 2.459 mile road course 1961- current.
Track 2 Kyalami (Classic Kyalami 1961 - 1987) 2.55 miles, South Africa

Car 1 (his number 1) Ford GT40 MK1 (1965-69) - Vintage Prototype B
Car 2 McLaren M10B Formula 5000 (his number 3) - 1971
Car 3 Lola T330 Formula 5000 (his number 4)
Car 4 March BMW Sports Prototype 1986 IMSA GTP (his number 6)
Car 5 Lotus Elite (1957-63) - GTC (his number 7)
Car 6 Jaguar XJ13 (1966) - Vintage prototype B (his number 9)
Car 7 Lola T70 Spyder - Vintage prototype B - his number 10 (It would compete in game with the Lotus 40 - I would split these two cars off into an early Can Am class as they did not compete with the other cars in VPB).

It could be possible to do other DLC packs curated from the suggestions of Motorsport Legends - Stirling Moss, Dieter Quester, Brian Redman and Henri Pescarolo spring to mind!

Of the three tracks mentioned I think Fiorano is the most likely and I'm not very excited about that one as it is probably too narrow for good online racing.
I'd be happy to have a game where Tiff Needell isn't shouting at me about taking Fiorano wrong.

After buying another year of ps plus i now have $11.84 bucks left and its for the ferrari pack :D

To bad we can pre order it :(
The Duluxe edition is on sale/has been on sale a few times, you should've just got that. Would've saved a lot of pennies (cents in your case) that way :)

The Duluxe edition is on sale/has been on sale a few times, you should've just got that. Would've saved a lot of pennies (cents in your case) that way :)
Sadly i missed the last time it was on sell :(

Right now i'm on a tight budget :(

Another year of ps plus 59.99 :(
Making sure that at least 10 bucks were left for the ferrari dlc :)
and lastly i'm saving for a gaming pc with at least 16 gb and those are expensive :(

FS7
Isnt' that the deluxe edition that has been available since day 1? Pcars + season pass + pre-order cars?

Nah, talking about a discounted re-release, a-la GOTY edition for pcars 1.

Actually I'll probably hold out till black friday. Waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.

Actually I'll probably hold out till black friday. Waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.
Deluxe edition was discounted during Steam Summer sale, but I'll probably wait until all the DLC is confirmed/released, by then the price will probably drop considerably.

You might have to wait a long time - a GOTY Edition might not be released until long after the DLC programme has ended. There might not even be one! If there is, my guess is sometime in 2019.

So no more DLC is expected after the final pack appears in September? Makes sense as with PCARS 1 there was DLC for a year after release (May '15 until May '16).

But don't be surprised to see a "Game Of The Year" edition appear soon too in time for Xmas like last time, with all DLC included, to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the game.

Back