Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
I don't think you will get new manufacturers added until there is a PC3 - DLC is normally from existing, in game, manufacturers.

Personally if SMS do add more manufacturers, I would go with Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lola as I think those would have the most potential to strengthen existing classes within the game.
And Dallara.

I don't think you will get new manufacturers added until there is a PC3 - DLC is normally from existing, in game, manufacturers.

Personally if SMS do add more manufacturers, I would go with Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lola as I think those would have the most potential to strengthen existing classes within the game.

2jerdb7.jpg

wix47b.jpg

eildnd.jpg

Just 3 pieces of suggestions....Please SMS, even if it is PC3.

Is anyone else not happy with the current DLC plan?

My perfect dlc plan would had been

3 to 4 car packs every month for $4.99

And every 3 months

3 to 4 cars with one or two tracks for $7.99

Would be a good way of getting cars faster.

But that's just me. :)

And every 3 months

SMS needs to step it up gts and Forza release car packs by the
Month

There should be at least a free car and track every 2 weeks

Maybe not THAT frequent but it is very hard to wait for 3 months for new content. They could switch back to the dlc plan from pc1

People still need to get paid - SMS don't have MS or Sony bankrolling them. They've said several times that with hindsight what they did with pC1 was too ambitious.

And no, it's not hard waiting for 3 months for DLC when we have nearly 50 tracks to play with. I haven't even scratched the surface of what we have to play with - just this week I'm taking part in a time trial at a circuit I haven't visited since the first game.

Last edited:
This is what makes me worry about the future of the project cars series the wec is making a deal with Forza and the fia is aligned with GT sport but maybe it could find its place with other pc sims like RFactor and Iracing

It's pretty much turning into one of those like RFactor and IRacing that just also happens to have a console version. Like Assetto Corsa but with slightly more console support.

And every 3 months

A good DLC plan for you would have been 4 versions of the P1 GTR every month and a track to try them all every 3 months :lol:

People still need to get paid - SMS don't have MS or Sony bankrolling them. They've said several times that with hindsight what they did with pC1 was too ambitious.

And no, it's not hard waiting for 3 months for DLC when we have nearly 50 tracks to play with. I haven't even scratched the surface of what we have to play with - just this week I'm taking part in a time trial at a circuit I haven't visited since the first game.
Well to be fair i driven the gtr around every track in the game:)

Only tracks missing are the ones from the fun and porsche packs which i don't have.

So other than the September DLC...that’s it for updates to the game?? Wowsers

After September, will sms continue to update and support the game? Will they continue bug fixes, and continue to add missing features (are we ever getting custom championships, custom grids??)

This game has so many of the right pieces, just lacks the fit and finish to put them all together properly. It’s such a shame too, because no other racing game out has a car list or track list that gets me excited like PC....but there’s no way I can justify buying PC3 at launch....fool me once and all that Jazz (fooled me twice actually).

I’m actually getting really sick of the constant, GT23, pCARS15, Forza 72. They’re turning racing games into an EA sports franchise, with a new one out every year. New game, nothing changes though :(

I get that some elements of game design require a programmer to start with a blank slate, some things just can’t be changed with updates. However, the other genre of games I play is MMOs - I played WoW for over 5 years, now been playing Elder Scrolls on PS4 for over 3 years.

Same game, 3.5 years....I didn’t have to go out and buy Elder Scrolls Online 2, and start the exact same game over from the beginning. I’ve had the same account, same character, same stats sheet, for over 3 years. They add new content every 3 months (and in the case of ESO, the base game is actually free to play, no subscription required), they balance and adjust online play (BoP anyone??), etc.

I would sign up in a heart beat for a console racing game that, once released, planned to stick around for 5-10 years. Make updates, add content...but don’t try to reinvent the damn physics engine every 2 years, so that I can redo the Renault Clio cup.

The September DLC is simply the end of the season pass, we don't know if more DLC will come afterwards

As for continued patches there is no indication to suggest that there won't be more patches

Also there has not been any confirmation of a new PCars game (excluding PCars GO) and there has certainly been any indication that they will create a new engine for Pcars 3, and part of the reason for the new engine for PCars 2 is because their old engine limited what they had wanted to achieve with the first game

For me, the simplified AI is reason enough for a new engine.. And even with the AI being simplified, you can just run about half the grid size of Le Mans or Spa 24h etc...

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't want to spread false information. I read it elsewhere and just didn't think twice about it.
Changed it to simplified. Can we agree on that?

Most accurately, it's that the AI has a relatively simple physics model compared to the player's car (but equivalent to what drives the player's car in some other sims, according to SMS). They are also "scripted" to monitor and react to what's happening around them, to do more than just follow a line, which may have been the point of misunderstanding.

The AI is not scripted, if was, there would be no changes of random places between the AI runners, or random accidents that the AI do, they always do random things in every single race, and this is more demonstrated in custom races. With the patchs Slightly Mad created the best AI in a race game and I give thanks to that because I don't need to find good players to obtain good and realistic races.
Scripted AI is in Forza, GT Sport or even in Assetto where they only follow a line (that many times is not even the correct race line...), they don't tried to block you or pass you and you never have fun blattles, in those games you are only racing with traffic and not with oponets like in PC2.

Returning to the subject, I would like a DLC about circuits, 4 or 5 famous circuits like Misano, Paul Ricard, Sebring, Hungaroring and another street circuit like Macao, I prefer this type of DLC instead of more cars.

Back