Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
I haven't seen a separate patch notes list so I'm thinking everything in the first post here minus the first section specific to PC. Hope that helps for now.

Points to SMS for making weight transfer bit better and adjusting tires to feel more like rubber ones. 👍
AI instead on quick test needs heavily adjusted again for personal usage, it was fine on 91/74 at Bathurst on V8SC, but now AI is blind on those settings, earlier clipping point for awareness of other cars was on 75 aggressiveness, now I need again search where they open their eyes :eek:.

They would probably stay on slicks until there's no driving line at all and the whole track is evenly wet. Because being AI they can stay on the "rail" of the driving line in those situations, right?

Points to SMS for making weight transfer bit better and adjusting tires to feel more like rubber ones. 👍
AI instead on quick test needs heavily adjusted again for personal usage, it was fine on 91/74 at Bathurst on V8SC, but now AI is blind on those settings, earlier clipping point for awareness of other cars was on 75 aggressiveness, now I need again search where they open their eyes :eek:.

The old 100% aggression setting is now ~50%.

i think they are still really slow vs gte. frustrating trying to have them go around you for blue flags
OK, so one race circuit doesn't make a summer but the Ligier Nissan is good for 1m34.7 laps at Daytona, whilst the Honda version is doing 1m35 laps, both of which are just under 2 seconds a lap quicker compared to Patch 3. By comparison, I'm doing 1m41 laps in some of the GTE cars, so that's a good difference in performance there.

They're definitely all pushing over 500HP now which is nice to see. The gap now between the lowest HP LMP2 to highest (Honda Ligier) is only 15HP but the Honda is a full 100 pounds heavier so they're closer in power-to-weight ratios now.

One thing I love is how taking close class racing to a track with longer straights makes it moot while take away their ability to stretch their legs and the whole game changes. Laguna Seca is great for this. I remember a GoPro commercial that was just 30 seconds onboard some open-wheeler at a track day and it went from out of the corkscrew to late brake overtaking some road cars in the last turn. Personally I always thought the move was a bit dangerous considering it's just a track day but that's neither here nor there. It gave me the inspiration to run Road C - GT3 - Track Day A - Formula C track day events.

OK, so one race circuit doesn't make a summer but the Ligier Nissan is good for 1m34.7 laps at Daytona, whilst the Honda version is doing 1m35 laps, both of which are just under 2 seconds a lap quicker compared to Patch 3. By comparison, I'm doing 1m41 laps in some of the GTE cars, so that's a good difference in performance there.

When the game first came out I just picked the Nissan for the Ligier and have stuck with it this whole time. I did test the Honda and to me it was a lot slower than the Nissan so I've never given it a second chance. The Judd I've never driven at all. I guess post patch I will have to retest and this time include all three to see what's changed.

Well uninstall and reinstall same BS. WTF SMS?
Did you also delete your saves and recopy from them from the cloud? Only other thing I can think of. It really sucks some of you get the worse of this technology crap.

Just did a quick 15 lap GT3/GT4 race and couldn't be more impressed with some of the AI fixes. Lapped cars make a genuine effort to get out of the way of the faster cars now.
What track and how many laps before GT4 became lap traffic?

What track and how many laps before GT4 became lap traffic?

It was Laguna Seca and, maybe around 8 or 9 laps? Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to the laps when the lapped traffic first appeared.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, the 250 lap glitch is *still* not fixed in PS4. "Improved..." Not even close. Improving it would be the glitch not happening. As in. At all.

Thank you Gt planet if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t know about half this racing/car/gaming stuff and oh thank you Jordan lord of the news.

Playstation has picked it up 11.092 GB downloading now. At time of writing it’s downloaded 100.1 mb :). Also lucky external hdd on its way to my 1tb internal is running out plus gravel pre ordered too. :)

Last edited:
A welcome surprise this update. Updated as soon as I got home this evening.
Seems like they were quite busy. Lots of stuff got done. Cheers.

Did the graphics in this game improve at all since the beginning? I bought this game when it was released and the graphics on the PS4 Pro was so bad, I had to take the game back. I wasn't expecting the graphics to look anything close to GT Sport but man, it was really grainy. I am wondering if the graphics improve after this update because I might buy the game again. :lol:

Back