QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Hey, nice to see you back. Recorded your songs ?

Hi Joe, Good tae see yi. Haven't seen any of you guys of late. Got a PS4 Pro in November exactly when my Dad died so just didn't care and not played much.

Getting back into it. I'm B B at the mo & every time I race some git uses me as a moving brake bollard. Going down in ranking sucks and is a new worry I never experienced in GT6. Nuts. :lol:

Was I banging on about recording songs last time we talked? I haven't. Just not in the mood.

Where have you been? I keep seeing your (very fast) times on the Daily Races, but haven't met you in one yet :)

Hey Bonester. Last few weeks being seeing yer name on the dailys & pushing myself to beat them. Not easy, only a tenth here and there. Other day to my surprise you had a lap which was download-ble (Usually only the top 10) and I did the down-loading, watched, learned then got a few ('s) faster.

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Still using the DS4

Hi Joe, Good tae see yi. Haven't seen any of you guys of late. Got a PS4 Pro in November exactly when my Dad died so just didn't care and not played much.

Getting back into it. I'm B B at the mo & every time I race some git uses me as a moving brake bollard. Going down in ranking sucks and is a new worry I never experienced in GT6. Nuts. :lol:

Was I banging on about recording songs last time we talked? I haven't. Just not in the mood.

Holy moly, Glaswegian is back :odd::lol: ...
Teaming up with you against SRF was big fun, so yes, good to see you back. You disappeared suddenly and as you had helped your buddy building that recording studio, I thought you were busy recording your songs and be a rock star finally :cool:.
Sad to read about your Dad, don't know what it is in English ( or Glaswegian ), in German it is "mein Beileid, Lieber", I know there's a chance you understand.

Is it what I think it is ? T4 and exit, T5 and T8 probably and the third to last double right ? [ shakes head ]
If I was to design a competitive e-racing game, I'd type down the racing rules ( a 100 pages document if necessary ) and show them off within the game right beside some videos that teach you about what makes you look bad ! Test required for getting online, rinse and repeat when doing bad :D.
How about a mild electric shock if people put all four wheels off the track? :lol:

Holy moly, Glaswegian is back :odd::lol: ...
Teaming up with you against SRF was big fun, so yes, good to see you back. You disappeared suddenly and as you had helped your buddy building that recording studio, I thought you were busy recording your songs and be a rock star finally :cool:.
Sad to read about your Dad, don't know what it is in English ( or Glaswegian ), in German it is "mein Beileid, Lieber", I know there's a chance you understand.

My diabolical rusty German actually worked this time. "My condolences" Vielen dank, mate. Prost. :cheers:

I was considering whither to use my Noobs_Use_SRF account on the PS4 for a laugh but thought better of it. :lol:. Last time I used it I was totally roaring drunk on Whisky and parked my car at the run off road at turn one, Bathurst. Sat there flashing my lights and honking my horn at anyone I suspected of using SRF...Very silly.:lol:

Had some problems with the recording studio. Had to block off a skylight and insulate it but the bugger kept leaking when it rained. Only got it fixed a few weeks ago. Landlord didn't want to fork out to get the job done right. A pic from December...

starter_fer_ten.jpg

Getting there. 👍

My diabolical rusty German actually worked this time. "My condolences" Vielen dank, mate. Prost. :cheers:

I was considering whither to use my Noobs_Use_SRF account on the PS4 for a laugh but thought better of it. :lol:. Last time I used it I was totally roaring drunk on Whisky and parked my car at the run off road at turn one, Bathurst. Sat there flashing my lights and honking my horn at anyone I suspected of using SRF...Very silly.:lol:

Had some problems with the recording studio. Had to block off a skylight and insulate it but the bugger kept leaking when it rained. Only got it fixed a few weeks ago. Landlord didn't want to fork out to get the job done right. A pic from December...

starter_fer_ten.jpg

Getting there. 👍

Ah, nice little suite - good job, mate.
I discover the Marshalls of course, some RME parts in the rack and a some huge main monitors considering the distance is a bit more than a meter :eek: ... hammertime in Glasgow :cheers: ! I hope your buddy's got some absorbers in the rear as well.
Is that a tape remote to the right ?

Now ... back on topic :D.
I think I remember that 'last race' ... I've been in that room too. Made me laugh all the time 👍.

@kilesa4568
Hey mate, you got a lot of text work atm, right :D:lol: ? Coaching a hopeful young driver, right :D:lol: ? Hold on 👍 !

Ah, nice little suite - good job, mate.
I discover the Marshalls of course, some RME parts in the rack and a some huge main monitors considering the distance is a bit more than a meter :eek: ... hammertime in Glasgow :cheers: ! I hope your buddy's got some absorbers in the rear as well.
Is that a tape remote to the right ?

The Marshalls are unfortunately transistor solid state models and not the proper valve jobbies. Got them at a discount.

Tape remote? The odle on/off/FFW/Punch in/Punch out ? I'll ask Geo about that mate.

loontune1.jpg

I suck. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm more like the cat out of that cartoon. No filing cabinets big enough to get changed in though.:lol:

I used to love that cartoon as a kid.:D[/QUOTE]

:) The cat was the brains.:lol::lol::lol:

Hong-Kong-Phooey-Hanna-Barbera-e.jpg

Met @ROCKET JOE at Suzuka tonight! Well, I say I met him, we were at opposite ends of the grid - he started and finished first, I started almost last and finished last.....

Just can't get the hang of all these cars with sports soft tyres on :confused:, 4 seconds a lap slower than people at the sharp end of the grid (which is a lot for a small track like Suzuka East!).

Had more success at Alsace and Dragon Trail, making up at least 6 places in each race, still waiting for my next elusive win though - been stuck on 13 wins for 2 months now.....

Met @ROCKET JOE at Suzuka tonight! Well, I say I met him, we were at opposite ends of the grid - he started and finished first, I started almost last and finished last.....

Just can't get the hang of all these cars with sports soft tyres on :confused:, 4 seconds a lap slower than people at the sharp end of the grid (which is a lot for a small track like Suzuka East!). ...

I can't get the hang of cars on racing tires :irked: which are in the majority, so I'd say : Advantage @bone_tone :).
_________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats to all the Eagles fans ... there's a 'new kid in town'. Is it like beating Bayern München ?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Pole start on Suzuka was tricky. I can see the diabolical grin of PD's race designer when putting this event live. With P1 P2 P3 going side by side into the first turn, carnage was hard to avoid. Happened a couple of times and it took more than one race to find the best defensive line.

My best race actually started like this ( I'm in the silver car ):

image1.jpg

As soon as the problems with car No.2 had been solved :D, three guys had a thrilling tough fight for the win without any issues.

GTP members met :
@bone_tone, @JacksHerer, @Macboyilija, probably others ... it's getting "gemütlich " :).

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody else does the 10 lapper, but I can't understand how so many people manage to get pole, lead the whole race, get fastest lap, and win by 20 to 30 seconds over the second place driver - it happens very regularly. They must presumably be running at a DR well below their normal level?

I see my question from 3 weeks ago has finally been answered - it has been discovered today that there is a glitch that people have been exploiting, enabling them to 'renew' their tyres whilst racing, no need to pit. By doing it every couple of laps they always have fresh tyres!

Oh well, that's going to make the C dailies a waste of time until PD fix it.....

I see my question from 3 weeks ago has finally been answered - it has been discovered today that there is a glitch that people have been exploiting, enabling them to 'renew' their tyres whilst racing, no need to pit. By doing it every couple of laps they always have fresh tyres!

Oh well, that's going to make the C dailies a waste of time until PD fix it.....

If you look back ... do you think a lot of people used it ?

At last I've found a glitch that could benefit me in the 10 lap dailies - if I drive backwards during the race, my fuel level goes up instead of down, meaning I don't have to pit (provided I combine it with the tyre refresh glitch).

The only problem is the lap count goes backwards too, so by the time the winner crosses the line I still have 20 laps to do! ;)

At last I've found a glitch that could benefit me in the 10 lap dailies - if I drive backwards during the race, my fuel level goes up instead of down, meaning I don't have to pit (provided I combine it with the tyre refresh glitch).

The only problem is the lap count goes backwards too, so by the time the winner crosses the line I still have 20 laps to do! ;)

You should try at least - I've heard of another bug that resets the counter to + when it reaches -10 :cheers:.

Last edited:
Hello everybody its been a while since my last post
Manymany things happen to me ... i watch the grandtour s2 ..... i get bored to race alone without my mates ...i get my DR down to B hoping to meet someone @bone_tone or @Nonno Calvy who race daily and no luck
I try to be there for the geezers sunday cup but the timeline is 13h30 in my country and its lunch time. plus i have 2kids (4year and 18months) i must be there
But this sunday i ll be ready to race ..my wife is taking the kids to spend sometimes with their grandparents ...and i wish to say thunks to you all (grandparents)

Last edited:
Hello everybody its been a while since my last post
Manymany things happen to me ... i watch the grandtour s2 ..... i get bored to race alone without my mates ...i get my DR down to B hoping to meet someone @bone_tone or @Nonno Calvy who race daily and no luck
I try to be there for the geezers sunday cup but the timeline is 13h30 in my country and its lunch time. plus i have 2kids (4year and 18months) i must be there
But this sunday i ll be ready to race ..my wife is taking the kids to spend sometimes with their grandparents ...and i wish to say thunks to you all (grandparents)
Saw your rating had dropped - assumed you'd been doing the Daily at Monza :lol:

Hope to see you in a race soon then, but you might have to slow down a bit - your lap times are usually 2 - 3 seconds faster than mine! Your time at Brands yesterday was a good example. I'm sometimes faster than @Nonno Calvy, but not often... Have met him in a race a couple of times though.

Not sure whether I'll be able to join the Geezers/Exiles races tomorrow, as my son is here for the weekend - depends what time he decides to go home to London.

Talking of Brands, I had a great race there yesterday, going from 14th to 4th on the first lap as everyone in front went off, or crashed into one another!

Back