QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Hell, you topped my Q time by a tenth :odd:, back to practise :scared: ... and congrats đź‘Ť.
Thanks :cheers: I really wish I could see everyone on my friends lists times, not just from Oceania region. Yours are always fun to chase. đź‘Ť
Only did five races yesterday with PSN having connection issues all day long ( very annoying if it happens on weekends ). No win, one pole and one FL. Had one intense race with an Englishman for the podium, the most satisfying moment however was racing the top 1 driver as he couldn't leave me in the dust just like that. Proud of ...
Yeah I had connection issues as well. I entered 4 races, the first one I was on pole also but got disconnected and so did the second fastest qualifier. I was lucky that it happenned early so no damage was done to my DR/SR rank, and as a bonus , it put my friend on pole and he went on to win.
I think it would be appropriate for RJ and Digt to attend the Sunday lobbies.
Probably, after trying, you will want to join also other races during the week, even FPV MIC should be there but I do not know in what time zone is !!
Only on Saturdays is reserved for over 60.
We always keep with BOP, forbidden processing, RH or RS tires and the rooms have other variable characteristics that I have not understood yet ..:boggled:.. (see turbo or push), decided by the host ( I think).
The battles between us old people are, at times, bloody, but only because we are elderly and our reflexes are a bit 'loose. :rolleyes:
For rockets like you will be easy easy runs, against the aged gentlemens ......
I'm in Australia, so while I'd love to race with you guys, the time difference may make it difficult. I don't often see everyone online unless I do an early morning racing stint and I presume they're doing a late one.

I also second @ROCKET JOE comment. I've raced some guys with GEEZER tags in Quick Match so I also know how quick you "aged gentlemen" are :bowdown:.

Seems many of us are in, or soon to be in the new car club. Mine arrived late last year after several delays, and is still not fully modified for me to drive, but it's getting close. The next major batch of parts should be arriving any day now.:) This is it in the quote below (still under 500km)

I'm still alive. I had the flu, which knocked the 🤬 out of me for a couple of weeks. Now my boiler is broken so I only have heating in one room - not the one with my rig in. I hope to be able to join you at the weekend for the Geezer Saturday and maybe Sunday. And I'll start the Thursday night exiles room again soon.
Glad to hear from you mate. It’s been a while, and we knew you had the flu a few weeks back, so a few of us were starting to get concerned. Good luck with the boiler repair, and we’ll see you soon.

@FPV MIC

Jeez man, that car's stunning and I can imagine the engine burble already.đź‘Ť[/USER]

Getting back into the swing of things now so I'll be there.:cheers:
Cheers mate :cheers:. The car has three settings, touring, sport and race mode. I tend to use touring mode almost 100% of the time because the bi-model exhaust is pretty quiet in that setting, and I don't want to piss the neighbours off. Put it in either of the other two modes and it burbles, but still nowhere near as much as my FPV GT-P :).
With me getting a 3 cylinder, I'm going to have to make my own engine noises.:lol:
No need to make your own engine noises, just get one of these ;)

for those who do not have time to look at the first page of the geezer's, open race times are
- Tuesday 12 am
- Wednesday 7:30 am
- Sunday 8:30 am
New York time slot
:confused: (i hope..)
All times are U.S. ET
Tuesday 12 noon - host psn GZR_Geezer1791
Wednesday 7:30 pm - host psn acenbrone
Sunday 8:30 am - host psn nordschleife1951

You will need to have the host on your friends list to gain access to the Friends Only lobby. Cheers!

Got a nice surprise yesterday. My son bought GTS so he could start racing me!

I got him doing the offline bits and bobs to get a few cars together but he was struggling a bit with the new tracks. I set a lobby race up for 1 on 1, (sorry Nonno!:() followed close behind with the mic on and helped him with every corner approach, gears and seeing how he was taking them. Classic over driver, just like his dad.:lol:

Put Maggiore on and at the start, he was around 10 seconds off my pace as he was fighting control with trying to go too quickly. Told him to calm down, drop 10% off his pace and he closed the gap to 4 seconds. Ran a race (not very serious) and he got the gap down to 2 seconds on one lap.:eek: The races last night were pretty long (20-30) laps so he could build a bit of muscle memory for the corners and a few pit stops thrown in so he could learn fuel maps, how much fuel he needs etc. Everything from Blue Moon to Monza for tracks. He levelled up and got a good few credits from the free wins too so he was happy.

We're going to run races against each other most nights in the lobby (friends only room) so if anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome, but as a warning, my son is a bit lacking in race craft but wants to only drive clean. While he finds his feet, he needs a bit of extra room. If you can live with that, I'd love to see you show him what's what with your race craft.đź‘Ť

Nothing organised for tracks, length or cars as we're playing it by ear. While his garage is a bit thin, we were matching cars to it but he's got a car for most classes. He's finishing off the offline today for a few more though. Totally open to suggestions for what, where and how long to run. One caveat is sports soft's for road cars and RH for the more powerful cars as he's still learning.

If you see the room open and at a loss for something to do, feel free to pop in. Highly likely we're going to do a rerun tonight.

The best thing about the whole night? I don't think we've spoken for that long in a lot of years and had a whale of a time in the process. Priceless.:cheers:

Got a nice surprise yesterday. My son bought GTS so he could start racing me!

I got him doing the offline bits and bobs to get a few cars together but he was struggling a bit with the new tracks. I set a lobby race up for 1 on 1, (sorry Nonno!:() followed close behind with the mic on and helped him with every corner approach, gears and seeing how he was taking them. Classic over driver, just like his dad.:lol:

Put Maggiore on and at the start, he was around 10 seconds off my pace as he was fighting control with trying to go too quickly. Told him to calm down, drop 10% off his pace and he closed the gap to 4 seconds. Ran a race (not very serious) and he got the gap down to 2 seconds on one lap.:eek: The races last night were pretty long (20-30) laps so he could build a bit of muscle memory for the corners and a few pit stops thrown in so he could learn fuel maps, how much fuel he needs etc. Everything from Blue Moon to Monza for tracks. He levelled up and got a good few credits from the free wins too so he was happy.

We're going to run races against each other most nights in the lobby (friends only room) so if anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome, but as a warning, my son is a bit lacking in race craft but wants to only drive clean. While he finds his feet, he needs a bit of extra room. If you can live with that, I'd love to see you show him what's what with your race craft.đź‘Ť

Nothing organised for tracks, length or cars as we're playing it by ear. While his garage is a bit thin, we were matching cars to it but he's got a car for most classes. He's finishing off the offline today for a few more though. Totally open to suggestions for what, where and how long to run. One caveat is sports soft's for road cars and RH for the more powerful cars as he's still learning.

If you see the room open and at a loss for something to do, feel free to pop in. Highly likely we're going to do a rerun tonight.

The best thing about the whole night? I don't think we've spoken for that long in a lot of years and had a whale of a time in the process. Priceless.:cheers:
I saw you had a room in the lobby and was wondering why it was limited to two players, this ^ explains it đź‘Ť. Great to hear the next generation of Digtater's is having a crack and I'll try and join you guys if I'm up and racing early enough.

I don't mind throwing a win or a few places for the greater good. :)

Last edited:
Yesterday I looked at the replays of those called aliens, the top 10, on mount panorama.
Then I tried to replicate their laps but, if you brake or push the gas in the same points, fly in the lawn or make a spin out of the curve.
Who knows, maybe they have a very fast internet connection and the transmission / reception of data helps them to have a very stable machine.

Yesterday I looked at the replays of those called aliens, the top 10, on mount panorama.
Then I tried to replicate their laps but, if you brake or push the gas in the same points, fly in the lawn or make a spin out of the curve.
Who knows, maybe they have a very fast internet connection and the transmission / reception of data helps them to have a very stable machine.
I've often wondered the same thing - I've noticed sometimes that they're accelerating where I'm braking!

Did enjoy Mount Panorama though - made up 5 or 6 places in every race there, as per usual without overtaking a single car on track.

@kilesa4568
The father & son project is alive again đź‘Ť ... had a short look at what's going on around midnight, saw your lobby but would've fallen asleep before even the first race had been finished :crazy:, so ... no way to join in.

@Nonno Calvy , @bone_tone
They're aliens. That's why they are able to telepathically give us information that isn't true :lol:.
It's the way that they cut corners that gets me - occasionally they use the track, but not often! There's something in me that won't let me do that, no matter how much I try......:lol:

I saw you had a room in the lobby and was wondering why it was limited to two players, this ^ explains it đź‘Ť. Great to hear the next generation of Digtater's is having a crack and I'll try and join you guys if I'm up and racing early enough.

I don't mind throwing a win or a few places for the greater good. :)

The biggest of my grandchildren is 8 years old and I still can not adjust the playseat to get his feet to the pedals, but as soon as he arrives I'll try to make him a little pilot.

As smooth as you two are, you'll likely teach him a lot more that I ever could.đź‘Ť

I've got a 7 year old grandson and can't wait to get him into the game. I'll just need to make him put down Mario Kart first...:lol:

@kilesa4568
The father & son project is alive again đź‘Ť ... had a short look at what's going on around midnight, saw your lobby but would've fallen asleep before even the first race had been finished :crazy:, so ... no way to join in.

He's had me doing race after race for 3-4 hours a night. Anywhere between 300 to 400 miles a day.:crazy:

He's doing it the hard way with no assists (just ABS) but the lack of any muscle memory on the new tracks means there's a whole lot of car waggling going on. Consistency is nowhere to be seen yet but he's put a couple of half decent laps in with each race. They're giving him hope. He spectates me doing a couple of laps at the beginning to see the new tracks too. I'm just waiting for him to realise he's pushing too hard and trying to run before he walks. I thought about telling him to watch the top 10's laps but figure learning a rough mistake free line would be better than trying to copy their line. He can start watching them when he gets into hot lapping but I'm not sure it's a good idea just yet. Do the fine tuning when he's ready for it.

I told him about the gadget for his G25 to work on the PS4 so he's got options. I think it'll probably be quicker for consistency (especially with throttle) to go that route but I'm fine laying lines down for him or telling him as we go where he went right or wrong in the corners.

He's already pre-booked me for tonight's racing so I reckon he's got the GT bug.

It'll be open to all my friends list as usual but I'll remind you again that he's still got a lot to learn. He's forgotten to brake a couple of times on me.:lol:

It's the way that they cut corners that gets me - occasionally they use the track, but not often! There's something in me that won't let me do that, no matter how much I try......:lol:

You mean in a sense of running wide on RBR or on Fuji or even cutting the chicane there ? Do you refer to "T4" ?
If so, agreed, I'd shudder to think I do that, just like touching a wall on the Mountain is a major error to me.
I learned about racing rules ( being applied in GT ) when I started reading on GTRP and here on GTP. We have a reasonable set of rules here on the Planet, and sometimes I don't get why people keep on discussing instead of just sticking to them. In the end I guess, you and me ( and many more ) are just not "competitive" enough :lol:.

... It'll be open to all my friends list as usual but I'll remind you again that he's still got a lot to learn. He's forgotten to brake a couple of times on me.:lol:

Would you ever think I could get worried then ? ... For sure not :cheers:.
Btw where can I see the car regulation ?

Would you ever think I could get worried then ? ... For sure not :cheers:.
Btw where can I see the car regulation ?

I had to write the possible "too late to brake" disclaimer.:P

The race rules are totally open as we've been basing car choice on his garage. He's got a couple of million to buy a few cars now though so the range will get wider. If more people come in, I'll throw the BoP on to even things out and keep the car choice reasonably open for everyone.

Even if he lags behind, he'll still get plenty of track time and I'll remind him to save replays to study what people are doing.

As a bit of a test, I told him we'd try driving close together to see how he was with spatial awareness. He could barely tie two corners together while yelling at me to back off as I was stuck like glue to the back of his car. I didn't hit him once but I scared the hell out of him. Great fun.:lol:

Have a look when there's a daily at Maggiore. ...

Is it what I think it is ? T4 and exit, T5 and T8 probably and the third to last double right ? [ shakes head ]
If I was to design a competitive e-racing game, I'd type down the racing rules ( a 100 pages document if necessary ) and show them off within the game right beside some videos that teach you about what makes you look bad ! Test required for getting online, rinse and repeat when doing bad :D.

C/O @coryclifford :lol:

Dreading the day he starts GTS.:scared:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Evil bastid but funny with it.

Hey, nice to see you back. Recorded your songs ?

I've noticed this as well and had been wondering about it until I scored my one and only top ten. I watched the replay on my other PSN account and it looked like I was braking far later on that one than I actually was when watching the direct replay. I think it may have more to do with the information being transfered a little bit out of sync sometimes, but I also could be totally wrong in my assumption too.

If I was to design a competitive e-racing game, I'd type down the racing rules ( a 100 pages document if necessary ) and show them off within the game right beside some videos that teach you about what makes you look bad ! Test required for getting online, rinse and repeat when doing bad :D.
^^ This would be an excellent addition đź‘Ť.

Latest Posts

Back