QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
BonTone, read that you made about 900 races on line I was a little scared...
In the first four months, I made about 250 then in late February I stopped
because there was too much confusion (:boggled:) and because I had a lot more fun 2/3 times a week with the geezer.
Now that Daduce has reproached me, as you know, for having ruined the races several times, :bowdown:I will probably have to go back to the daily races, trying to avoid the madmen who attend them.
I wonder if we meet sometime. :cheers:

BonTone, read that you made about 900 races on line I was a little scared...
In the first four months, I made about 250 then in late February I stopped
because there was too much confusion (:boggled:) and because I had a lot more fun 2/3 times a week with the geezer.
Now that Daduce has reproached me, as you know, for having ruined the races several times, :bowdown:I will probably have to go back to the daily races, trying to avoid the madmen who attend them.
I wonder if we meet sometime. :cheers:
I don't know what you did to upset him, as @Daduce1947 is usually such a gentleman! Anyway, the bad behaviour in some of the dailies makes me grateful for the better behaved Geezer races, but I do actually try to drive very carefully in both.

At least (usually) the Geezers do recognise when there is a much faster driver behind and let them pass, or you can spook them out of the way as I did in one race..... (think that might have been @Daduce1947 too!)

Last edited:
As I've been driving with the Geezers a bit lately, I think it's just the, win no matter what style of driving isn't exactly how they roll. It's more like a, cruise clean, but fast style. I'm certain they value fun over winning. I enjoy that approach very much and have a great time with the old farts.
You're spot on CC, and I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do.

I've come to know your driving style Cal, & you have shown a lot of courtesy to the rest of us. The incident with Duce may have been lag, where you see 1 thing & he sees something else. It's happened to me where I passed someone cleanly & got punted off next corner. I watched my replay & it showed him hitting me. I accused him of this, so he shared his replay & watching it I was amazed to see my car up in the clouds, so he could not have hit me.

Hope you & Duce settle your troubles & return to racing with us, even though I don't race much with the group.
There was a bit of lag in the room on Sunday, but it improved as time wore on.

I'm sure Duce and Cal will both have put it behind them, and calm will be restored :cheers:

Is this the birth of a new racing rivalry between Nonno Prost and Daduce Senna?:D

Seems a bit daft to let a racing incident come before friendship, especially when it's between two of the most courteous drivers I know. Blame lag and sweep it under the carpet.

What I mean is that I’m afraid it will be that good that I wont play my GTS addiction any more :)

They compliment each other nicely. Both have good points that you can take advantage of to get a good racing experience.👍

Frankly I didn't even understand way he got mad at me, the other day. I try to respect everyone during the races, but the error can come. I'm story He took it.
Hi there Cal, once I had my say it was over my friend,, hope you continue racing with us. Generally as others have said, I and many other Geezer's will move and allow you faster guys through - just like in the real world racing - however we do so when it's a clear run for the faster guy to move by. Anyway, that was then, this is now - there's absolutely no bad feelings in this old guys mind. C'mon over and join in! 👍👍 :cheers:

Hello everyone and thank you for your words.
The incident with Daduce was not a lag, just a distraction on the braking point, and I sponged.
Then my mistake and I have apologized, stopping my car.
I felt even more that had happened with Dadu, because it's one of those that I like best in Group geezer (I saw a picture of him ...).
I was disappointed because Daduce have written "once you ruined my race". I always try to be respectful with everyone during the race, though, even now that I have 72 years, I have left my youth "defect" in all sport that I did,
competitiveness. Young could be an asset, from old can become a problem !
My memory misfires, I hope I didn't spoil too many races and I apologize again.
See you on Saturday and prepares a double rear bumper.
:cheers:

Sorry my English

Hello everyone .....here some good news ....a new update for next week
FB_IMG_1527247823149.jpg

Let us guess the cars ?

I think one of them is the Miura...?

Good to see @kilesa4568 and @Rizla back on the timing screens on one of the dailies today :)

👍 Thanks Bonester. Needed a wee break, was suffering from apathy. The old adage of "Use it or lose it" is so true of GT, I'm slower than a weekend in the jail. :lol:

Did a few races the other night & actually won one of them. Discovered through a tutorial here on GTP how to post vids to Youtube, here is my win...

👍 Thanks Bonester. Needed a wee break, was suffering from apathy. The old adage of "Use it or lose it" is so true of GT, I'm slower than a weekend in the jail. :lol:

Did a few races the other night & actually won one of them. Discovered through a tutorial here on GTP how to post vids to Youtube, here is my win...

Nice win! You did better than I did at Brands - I moved on to Mount Panorama, where I managed 2 P3s, a P2, and then 2 wins :)

Saw your pics and though I never wanted to race any GT League event, the high payout was very convincing :D.
Got close to the Veyron with the untuned X-Bow already, 3 wins from 3 races as soon as it was dialed in 👍. A few tweaks and the car will be on rails ... and as fast as a Gr.3 :cheers:. Preparing for the next update :sly:

Saw your pics and though I never wanted to race any GT League event, the high payout was very convincing :D.
Got close to the Veyron with the untuned X-Bow already, 3 wins from 3 races as soon as it was dialed in 👍. A few tweaks and the car will be on rails ... and as fast as a Gr.3 :cheers:. Preparing for the next update :sly:
I can't remember what the X-Bow is stock but I have one tuned to N300 with RSS rear and RS front tyres that wins easily in the Premium Sports Lounge event at Blue Moon. It's more difficult with the LaFerrari in the field but I've gone even slacker this time round with no driving at all for 1,000,000 credits every 5 hours... I don't even have to be home 💡:lol:

Morning guys. I will open a room at 8.00 US ET today for Geezers, QM'S and friends. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK)
Race mediums, no boost. We will start with the GR4 NSX at Suzuka. This week we will have the 2 last finishers (DNF won't count) to choose track and car. Tyres and other stuff open for discussion once room open.

Maybe for the last race at Blue Moon we will use the F1500 open wheeler. I have made 11 liveries for us to use. Once the room is open we can pick one each to race with, any more racers than 11 we will double up on a couple. Up to you guys if we do it or not.

ps If anyone does not have the F1500 and has not enough credits to buy one (1,000,000) we will pick car as normal.

Don't know whether anybody else has run at Le Mans today, but it's a real penalty fest! I got a corner penalty on every single lap over 4 races.....

Ran my usual slow but steady pace to make up a few places each race, but matching was a bit off - one race had a guy on pole that was 10 seconds faster than anybody else (13 seconds faster than me!).

He guys. I really never liked grinding for money by leaving the controller with a tape. But as some of you may have read I lost 48 straight hours of driving because of a backup mistake putting me down 3 months and millions of credits and 100.000XP. Anyone got a tip what is good grind (not driving myself) or has a topic with some tips ?

Discovered through a tutorial here on GTP how to post vids to Youtube, here is my win...
Got a link to share ?

He guys. I really never liked grinding for money by leaving the controller with a tape. But as some of you may have read I lost 48 straight hours of driving because of a backup mistake putting me down 3 months and millions of credits and 100.000XP. Anyone got a tip what is good grind (not driving myself) or has a topic with some tips ?
Sorry to hear about your progress loss. I always back up my save to an usb stick once a week so I can't lose too much progress.

For grinding:

1. First set up the conroller with Motion Sensor Steering, Right Stick for accelerator and turn the vibration function off.

2. Garage > X-Bow R '12 > Traction Control 1 > All other aids off (ABS can stay) > Car Settings >115% power ratio and 91% weight (should be N300) > Front tyres Sports=Hard, Rear Tyres= Racing Super Soft

3. Arcade > Custom Race > Blue Moon Speedway (the first one) > whatever time it's on > Garage Cars and select your already set up X-Bow > Automatic

4. Race Type=Endurance > No. of Cars=2 > Boost=Off > Opponent Category=Gr.1 > Opponent Difficulty=Proffessional > All other settings are left alone.

At this stage you should have this screen below, but you can adjust the time to however long you want. You aren't going to win so we're looking at the second place values, 10min. pays 50,000, 4hrs pays 801,000, 5hrs pays 1,000,000 and so on.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180601052632.jpg

5. Then press start race > put your rubber band on > set your controller on an angle so your car rides the wall (it might come off the wall breifly but that's ok) as in the pictures below.
20180527_065030.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180601055455.jpg

It's probably a good idea to run a short race first, and even now I still check every now and then if I'm home. I've come back to my car either doing doughnuts or nosed up against the wall smoking the tyres :dopey: (this happened when I'd forgotten to put Traction Control on)

Happy Grinding :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back