QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
image.jpeg

:lol:

Good to see you last night but where did you go?
Good to see you too. I usually finish on GTS at 9.30 - tried to message you all to say goodbye, but it wouldn't post for some reason!

Think I was faster with the Huracan than with the Merc F1 - think I spun at the hairpin, or the chicane, every single lap.....

Sounds counterintuitive but go slower if you're spinning. You're not going to get any downforce help at those speeds. Took me a while to figure it out. Same at the chicane at the end. Same at T1 at Nürb GP.

Sounds counterintuitive but go slower if you're spinning. You're not going to get any downforce help at those speeds. Took me a while to figure it out. Same at the chicane at the end. Same at T1 at Nürb GP.
Yeah, it's weird - spins if you're off the throttle and the brake at the same time. Apply throttle or brake, and it goes around OK.

Have given up with the offline races with this car, only managed 5th at Nurburgring, couldn't manage one lap at St Croix, but bizarrely managed to win at Suzuka :confused:

Good to see you too. I usually finish on GTS at 9.30 - tried to message you all to say goodbye, but it wouldn't post for some reason!

I'm just getting warmed up by 9:30.:lol:

I was waiting to see what you were typing, nipped to the loo and then you were gone. I'm racing Sunday so we'll try again then.👍

A few more degrees of steering in the F1 wouldn't have gone amiss for me in the slow stuff. Casio Triangle was a nightmare with my dumb little spins.:banghead:

I was definitely seeing some tiny delays in down shifts though so maybe it needs a bit of rev matching instead of me shifting too quick? Either that or my paddle shifters need dusting...

Good fun to drive and catching high speed slides had me grinning so it was a good session.

I'm just getting warmed up by 9:30.:lol:

I was waiting to see what you were typing, nipped to the loo and then you were gone. I'm racing Sunday so we'll try again then.👍

A few more degrees of steering in the F1 wouldn't have gone amiss for me in the slow stuff. Casio Triangle was a nightmare with my dumb little spins.:banghead:

I was definitely seeing some tiny delays in down shifts though so maybe it needs a bit of rev matching instead of me shifting too quick? Either that or my paddle shifters need dusting...

Good fun to drive and catching high speed slides had me grinning so it was a good session.

I usually start at about 7.30, and 2 hours is enough for me - especially if I've been on in the afternoon too.

I'm getting the urge to do an endurance race... No idea which car or cars, where to run it, what tire or fuel settings to use or for how long.

It's just an urge. It needs padding out with detail.:lol:

You don't scare me (much...) any more.:lol:

How about a Gr3 (no meta's or OTT fuel savers) 90 minute race at Monza? Have the tires and fuel set around 15 lap stints so around 3 or 4 stops, depending on pace.

I'm good with it being Garden's or anywhere else with a bit of track width to play with. Maggiore and Seaside would be good options too but I'm open to suggestions.

Only two people discussing it makes it look like the idea's already fallen flat on its face though. Races need people in them.:lol:

I was probably biting off more than I can chew with 90 minutes.:lol: I'm good with a one hour race.👍

How about 15 minutes practise, 15 minutes for qualifying and one hour for the race?

On the track, I did the old car career races last night (in the Daytona) and one of the tracks was Sainte Croix version B. Very nice flow, fast, has a plenty of track width and 2 or 3 good drafting opportunities. Some really entertaining corners too. I think you'll all like it but I'm happy to go with a majority choice. I'm just in the mood for something different.

...and how about doing a one make race to remove tire and fuel wear strengths and weaknesses? As it should be two stops, I'm trying to think of a way to stop the field from spreading out too far but it's probably inevitable. Maybe have two tire compounds to choose from for more strategies?

When I know what car and track, I'll do some testing to work out what tire and fuel levels to use.:cheers:

Update coming in 2days
New track : Fugi .......everyone will kiss goodbye to their Driving rating in the fisrt corner
And my beloved NSX is back
Dn3UlJXXoAE7xEv.jpeg

Back