QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Update coming in 2days
New track : Fugi .......everyone will kiss goodbye to their Driving rating in the fisrt corner
And my beloved NSX is back
View attachment 768188
Oh no, Fuji - another one of the tracks I didn't like!

Having said that, I hated the Tokyo tracks until a few wins there last week in the Gr3 race, and 3 yesterday with the Beetle :)

The Beetle has given me my first top 100 qualifying time, but I'm still 1.4 seconds behind you Reda! Great time :cheers:

I can only hope they've done something with the gearing. If I remember right, 1st gear was ridiculously long and a nightmare for grid starts. Always last to leave the grid but one of the first cars to reach the first corner.:lol:

I can't say I was a fan of it but I'll be buying it for the engine sound. 14000rpm.:eek:

Fuji was used a lot with the GT500's and it was a perfect track with those cars but with the commonly used track extensions, I barely ever won there.

Edit: Someone found the cars listed on the website.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-new-update-is-coming-2018-09-26.381927/page-6#post-12483420

Last edited:
Great ... they keep on bringing new tracks so there's something left to do for me for another month :lol:.

Memories come back with the RX-500 and Fuji.
My last races with the Mazda were me alone with @coryclifford in his gixxer on Tsukuba waiting for you guys to join in. Won't forget that :D.
Fuji can be great and very rewarding, especially nailing the last sector. I'm afraid though it'll be another track to stay away from with T1 crying for desaster and PD again missing to set up proper track limits. Whatever will be, the planet will know soon.

Last edited:
Just about given up hope on LAGUNA SECA being included in GTS .But it has been almost a year now since it's launch and PD is STILL updating the game with new cars and tracks. :D With the new updates cars we thought we would never see again that we may have a special fondness for are now appearing in the game. 👍 ( just don't bring back the GXR) :mad:

Last edited:
just don't bring back the GXR

If they do...

:mad:

Might be doing a lobby tonight if anyone's interested. Reacquainting myself with RBR's two tracks (driving inside curbs...:lol:) and then trying to get used to Sainte Croix and its variations. That track's got some brilliant corners but there's a lot of them to try and learn.

Earlybird ...

IMG_0490.JPG

Two wheels between the white :lol: !

I guess it's Broad Bean? Crazy how close every one is with 15/100ths between you all. Maybe 1 car length?:bowdown:

You know this is coming as I ask every time, trying to wear you down till you agree.:lol:

Come and join us in my lobbies! Microphones on for a laugh and totally relaxed racing. The polar opposite of Sport Mode.

Friends only from now on (public is too inconsistent) so you'll know what to expect. A huge coincidence but I'm doing an update lobby at 8pm tonight. Using the new update's cars.👍

You're sorely missed on the scene mate. A top class racer, devilishly handsome (probably) and a razor sharp wit. If there's any other compliments you can think of that I can say to you that'll soften your resolve, I'll say them!:lol:

Did I mention I was doing a friends only lobby at 8pm tonight?:mischievous:

@coryclifford They've changed the handlinging in the F1 car:

- The handling when steering and the regulation system for the hybrid system on the Mercedes-Benz F1 W08 EQ Power+ '17 (and its colour variations) have been improved;

I'll give it another go.👍

Last edited:
I jumped right into the F1 car at RBR. Said to myself, huh, seems easier...

Then read your post.

People complain so how do we shut them up? Make it easier but call it, improved.

You've put the laps in and could have adapted to it. Me coming at it with very little mileage, I felt something wasn't right in low speed corners but fine everywhere else. Whether it was the hybrid coming in too violently or me using too much steering, I've no idea. Not enough seat time.:embarrassed:

I think it goes hand in hand with the new tweak to the tyre model in the lower gears though. I could be talking out of my arse as I haven't even tried it yet.:lol:

...and setting up a lobby at 7.30 now. Can't wait to throw the porkers around Fuji.

Show them your msg annoncing their coming ..... and you ll be free to open a lobby ......but lonely for life

Ps . Had my first race with @bone_tone in a lobby since the start
Very rare, and a real pleasure, to meet one of the old gang in the Dailies, but yes, there he was on pole! I started second, but got mugged by a pair of non-UK drivers, and hence was granted multiple penalties......

I won the next race though, with pole, fastest lap, and win. Incidentally, I wonder whether all these Europen drivers, who spend the whole time behind you flashing their headlights, realise that in the UK flashing your headlights means that you are giving the other driver priority :lol:

The two fastest people on my friends list are Reda, and Aschumi85 (number one currently in our region, 2.3 seconds faster than me), and I spent the afternoon stuck in rooms with Aschumi85, and then came up against Reda this evening!

Entered Sport Mode yesterday night for the first time in weeks ... watching some of your Beetle replays :). Do not moan - that's more than nothing, isn't it :sly: ?

... The two fastest people on my friends list are Reda, and Aschumi85 (number one currently in our region, 2.3 seconds faster than me), ...

Could be 1.3 sec easily 👍. Scratching that wall cost you a second with such a slow car ... and did you at least test CSA ? Some of the top guys use it and it kicks in a couple of times, so it's probably worth some more tenths.

... You know this is coming as I ask every time, trying to wear you down till you agree.:lol:

Come and join us in my lobbies! ....................

I actually thought about it once or twice.
I really really appreciate you and everyone else here trying to help me come back 👍👍👍 !
Not yet there though ...

The F1 car now drives like a fast forwarded boring, uneventful, stuck to the road car until you find the limit. Much easier and now you can use all the gears with a heavy right foot. Mixed feelings about that. It shouldn't be that everyone can drive a F1 car so easily.

That is probably the most dumbed down car I've ever driven in a GT game. Ridiculously easy to drive now and if I had to guess, I'd say it was the hybrid power that's been turned down way too far as that's what I had trouble with the day before.

I actually thought about it once or twice.

A chink in your armour! There's hope!:lol:

If I'm honest, we don't do that many races and when we do, we usually wait if someone bins it to close the pack up again. Occasionally, Cory uses the Top Gear method and says "see ya at the finish line!" when someone breaks down though.:crazy::lol:

I call the lobby "Just Chillin'" and most of the time is spent chatting and seeing what each car can do. You leave the lobby more relaxed than when you went in. I do anyway.

Unless there's an imminent meteor strike, biblical flood or my arms and legs fall off, I'll be doing a lobby at 7.30pm using the new update's cars in one make races on a mixed bag (open to suggestions) of tracks. I turn off BoP in one makes so you get the true power and weight instead of seeing % cuts and gains as the cars seem to handle more naturally that way. Every lobby I do will be friends only from now on so the standard stays relatively high. I say 'relatively' because I'm there.:banghead:

I'll stop now. It sounds like I'm advertising.:lol:

Could be 1.3 sec easily 👍. Scratching that wall cost you a second with such a slow car ... and did you at least test CSA ? Some of the top guys use it and it kicks in a couple of times, so it's probably worth some more tenths.

Didn't know I had a replay there - I wonder how it decides when to save one, as I never do it myself?

I am using CSA, sounds like I don't need to though if you didn't see it kick in for me!

I'd say you've been Top 10 at some time, that's why the replay got saved.
Reda's p7, I'm P98 - never troubled the top 10 me....

Did have the pleasure of beating one of the top 10 guys in a race though - that's the beauty of an event like this one, even the best drivers can mess up, giving us non-aliens a chance! Usually just enjoy my racing, but it has been great getting a few rare wins in this week :)

Interesting to see that a lot of the top 10 don't have a replay, so I'm still not sure what drives it.

Reda's p7, I'm P98 - never troubled the top 10 me....

Did have the pleasure of beating one of the top 10 guys in a race though - that's the beauty of an event like this one, even the best drivers can mess up, giving us non-aliens a chance! Usually just enjoy my racing, but it has been great getting a few rare wins in this week :)

Interesting to see that a lot of the top 10 don't have a replay, so I'm still not sure what drives it.
That's the trouble with being in the most competitive region for you guys. With your times right now in the American region @Mwerte would be 1st and you would be 26th 👍

Last edited:
I'd say you've been Top 10 at some time, that's why the replay got saved.
Yes if you do a lap in early moment ..your lap may be in top10 and the replay got saved ....but i remember @bone_tone had a 1.42ich at first ....i dont think he was at same point in top10 ( sorry mate ).....

Back