QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Yes if you do a lap in early moment ..your lap may be in top10 and the replay got saved ....but i remember @bone_tone had a 1.42ich at first ....i dont think he was at same point in top10 ( sorry mate ).....
Correct, I've never done one of these Dailies early enough (or fast enough!) to get a top 10 - think the highest I've been with the Beetle is somewhere in the 60s?

Yes if you do a lap in early moment ..your lap may be in top10 and the replay got saved ....but i remember @bone_tone had a 1.42ich at first ....i dont think he was at same point in top10 ( sorry mate ).....

Couldn't think of anything else but being Top 10, it's all I know from experience or hearsay.
Haven't read 'undocumented changes' though.
Btw it's been a nice thing to watch replays from you, Tony or Sid 👍 !

I put in a Q time with the 86 on Tsukuba this morning. While watching some leaderboard replays I wondered whether the 86 is one of these cars that upshift quicker if you use manual clutch and shifter. Can someone confirm this ?

There's a noticeable difference as your revs don't drop as low between gear changes. Cory uses the clutch with the paddle shifters for a similar effect but I don't know if it's as optimal as a shifter itself. Both methods are quicker than the pad though.

Btw it's been a nice thing to watch replays from you, Tony or Sid 👍 !
Glad you've been enjoying them! It's a strange mixture of car to drive, as you have to steer it on the throttle.

Races can be fun if someone gets out of shape in front of you - you have to decide whether to keep your foot in, hit them and get a penalty, or lift off and spin! When you do spin, it only does a 180, so you always end up facing the wrong way....

If it's a regular old manual gearbox, it is absolutely faster to use the clutch for the upshifts. There's a sweet spot. Find that and it's undeniable. You'll bang the rev limiter, doesn't matter. No need for doing it with downshifting.

It seemed obvious, now it's safe. Thanks mate 👍.

The advantage needs to be removed or add a clutch button bind to the pad to level things up for the competitive side of GTS. As it is, it's like PD are promoting wheel sales.

Try the new 996/7 Porsches and drop from second to first then back to second. The time loss makes 1st pretty much unusable.

Glad you've been enjoying them! ...

Yes. I've always been looking at you all or your replays with a feel of being a buddy race team. You learn if there's something to learn and you want to offer help if you think you can be helpful ... and that indeed is very enjoyable :cheers: !

If it's a regular old manual gearbox, it is absolutely faster to use the clutch for the upshifts. There's a sweet spot. Find that and it's undeniable. You'll bang the rev limiter, doesn't matter. No need for doing it with downshifting.

Thanks Cory for confirming 👍.
I've started to search for that old manual gearbox on my DS4, where exactly is it :confused: ?

Well, you'll need a clutch pedal too...

Please take my apologies, Cory - guess you took me serious while I wasn't :rolleyes: ...
I've started to search for that old manual gearbox on my DS4, where exactly is it :confused: ? = my 'razor sharp wit'.
Sorry again.

Did try the Beetle on Tokyo. Had a hard time but lots of fun as well. My PB is a low 41, the second half of the track is still killing me and it's almost impossible to be consistent. Will try to break into the 40s though.
Such a light blue Beetle actually was my first car irl. Bought it for 500 D-Mark, after about 37 kilometers the engine stood on fire :lol: !

Had a hard time but lots of fun as well. My PB is a low 41, the second half of the track is still killing me and it's almost impossible to be consistent

Glad you found some fun in it, that's been my feeling all week with it, irrespective of where I've finished in the races. :)

The impossibility of consistency is what gives you a chance in the races - it looks to be a lost cause when somebody pulls way ahead, but one brush of the wall, or an unwanted slide for them, and you're back on their tail.....

No worries mate.👍

I'm on again later to learn Sainte Croix's layouts (in Gr1-4) if anyone fancies it. Probably a few runs in N100-300 class cars afterwards.

Watched it yesterday. Entertaining races (for low rank drivers:lol:) but so much of what's said in the event doesn't get translated.:(

Doing a lobby tonight if anyone's interested. I wanted to do one last night but after the previous day's 6 and a half hour lobby, I could barely move. Aches on top of aches.:ill:

Finally bought the Red Bull Standard.👍

Last edited:
Did I spot @ROCKET JOE with a sneaky (and very fast) qualifying lap at Alsace? ;)

Ah, you noticed :) ... yes, I sneaked into the competition :lol: and I finally sneaked into the 19s. It's only been some Sunday night practise though. I start to feel comfortable on the Alsace I track and I still like driving road cars as they actually provide some unique driving experience. Discovering the secrets of a car ( and getting that lap together :crazy: ) ... I like that.
After watching the leaders' lines later I think I could have shaved two tenths instantly, but oh well ... :cheers: ... who cares.

For a short moment I was tempted to attack @Mwerte 's RBR time :D, got scared of the car then however :scared::lol: !

Ah, you noticed :) ... yes, I sneaked into the competition :lol: and I finally sneaked into the 19s. It's only been some Sunday night practise though. I start to feel comfortable on the Alsace I track and I still like driving road cars as they actually provide some unique driving experience. Discovering the secrets of a car ( and getting that lap together :crazy: ) ... I like that.
After watching the leaders' lines later I think I could have shaved two tenths instantly, but oh well ... :cheers: ... who cares.

For a short moment I was tempted to attack @Mwerte 's RBR time :D, got scared of the car then however :scared::lol: !
Bizarrely, I had a few wins there, despite the fact that I was 3 seconds off the pace! Another one of those events where the racing (and staying on track) was more important than the qualifying time.

Puts Alsace equal top as the track that's given me the most wins, alongside Mount Panorama (coincidentally one of this week's races :)).

Bizarrely, I had a few wins there, despite the fact that I was 3 seconds off the pace! Another one of those events where the racing (and staying on track) was more important than the qualifying time.

Puts Alsace equal top as the track that's given me the most wins, alongside Mount Panorama (coincidentally one of this week's races :)).

👍 Not bizarre at all - exactly what I thought while hotlapping. Easy to really mess it up and hard to recover with that car. Congrats for the wins !

Bored? Try GT League Professional Premium Sports Lounge Race 4, which is Dragon Trail - Seaside, in a stock N500 WRX Gr.B Road Car. Or Mitsubishi, or any of those types of cars. Sport Hard tire. Proper challenge, especially if going for clean race bonus. Good stuff.

Personally, I think the 4 wheel drive helps. Otherwise it gets a bit slippery.

I noticed too... because you knocked me off the top of my friends list. :bowdown:
It's been interesting doing Alsace in that car. I've always hated the track but I'm just starting to get it now. It's a really tricky combo though. If I could string my best sectors together I could find another second. Big "if" though.

I noticed too... because you knocked me off the top of my friends list. :bowdown:
It's been interesting doing Alsace in that car. I've always hated the track but I'm just starting to get it now. It's a really tricky combo though. If I could string my best sectors together I could find another second. Big "if" though.
Yes, he knocked you off the top of my friends list too......

Back