QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I haven't got 595 money unfortunately. Up to £100 only.:(

When I was looking through reviews last night, I heard that the PS4 has its own set up for surround. ie you get raw 7.1 sound from it. If I'm remembering right, you have to pay £15 for the same output on the XBox. Similar or the same output as DTS/Atmos.

Just read the PS Gold headset handles virtual sound really well but the mic's garbage. Crap battery life too. The Platinum's better (true 7.1 too) but it's out of my price range unless I wait to save a bit more.

Cory is the expert I believe . My issues with my setup have to do with the amount of wires going all over the place. Are you going blue tooth or hard wire to the tv or controller ? The connection to the controller does breaks up a little bit .I have a Lucid Sound LS30 headset ,they work as intended for under $60.00. Good luck John

Judging by the amount of headphones he's got, I agree with you. I've got some Logitech G933's (old version) that have brilliant sound but they need the charging port re-soldering. Trouble is, the mic won't work with the PS4 so I'm not rushing out to repair them just yet.

I don't mind how it's connected really but I think to have the most stable 7.1 connection, I'd probably need to use USB straight to the console. Either that or wireless and a USB dongle. I think it'll drop to 2.0 sound over a 3.5mm jack anyway but I'm probably wrong about that.

I've got a shortlist of about 10-15 headsets so far. The more I look into them, the more headsets I add to it.:lol:

A bit rough and ready now :
Surround audio on headphones needs to be processed somewhere. So unless there's a PS4 app for it ( that I don't know ) or processing within the HP, it's only stereo ( the Corsair's manual says so as well ). If you use it with a PC, you can download a driver / tool that does the job.

Surround sound on standard HP is possible, however, that might work great for you, might as well be ******** though.
Directional listening is possible because you got an ear on each side of your head. The way sound flows around your head and into your ears is crucial for your very personal perception, it's called "hrtf" or head related transfer function. Any virtual HP surround audio is based on some average hrtf, so that's why ...

Test before buy 👍 !

There's a companion app on the PS store but I need to install it to check out what it. It might have something to do with older (or the new pro) PS4 with the optical out port though. I'll keep digging.

I
The-most-relatable-one-yet.jpg

Still can't get chance to join you guys as the kids are all over the PS4 until later, they weren't interested in anything on it until I got GTSport.
My daughter set up the PS3 in her room and said I could play GT6 on it :odd:

Im sure I can ground her for that :lol:👍

My daughter set up the PS3 in her room and said I could play GT6 on it :odd:

How kind of her.:lol:

I usually manage about 2 1/2 hours, sometimes more, so have a check to see if I'm still on. If there's still a few people in, I'll stay on longer.

Thanks to Al, Reda and Cal for dropping in and making a night of it. I appreciate it fellas.👍

No problem mate. I figured you were either still at work or taking one of your infamous power naps.:D

I tipped my pedal base up at the back to take some of the strain off my knee so I'm back to doing lobbies again anyway. I was shocked how rusty I'd got in a short couple of weeks so forewarned is forearmed the next time you race me.

We had some daft quick players feeding us humble pie tonight. A couple of A+ and SS's (one a Madrid finalist) a couple of seconds quicker per lap but they were gents with the racing. Showed plenty of patience with my slow assed driving blocking their way.

Likely doing another tomorrow (I don't like being rusty) so I'll give you a shout if you're on. Maybe start at 9PM (GMT) to make it a bit easier for you and Al to join and it should give 8l23ub a better chance to get in a race.

. . .
Likely doing another tomorrow (I don't like being rusty) so I'll give you a shout if you're on. Maybe start at 9PM (GMT) to make it a bit easier for you and Al to join and it should give 8l23ub a better chance to get in a race.

Nice one mate, I didn't see your pm until late last night,but 9pm
should be good 👍

I understand what you were pointing out about the brakes though, I been getting hitva lot in the daily"s, watched some replays at RBR and I have been braking at the 100m board for turn 1, whilst others have been going all the way to the 50m. Got a whole lot of work to do.

If you haven't seen them, theKie25 has got some very good track guides out that are worth a look: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekie25/videos

Tidgney started a series of driving school videos the other day which might interest you. The first instalment is braking and well worth a look as he explains it brilliantly. GT Sport based too:

I had to throw out everything I learned in GT6 (which wasn't much) and start again from scratch. Then I got a wheel and had to start from scratch all over again. I wish I had advice of my own for you but it would just be the blind leading the blind.:lol:

Big thanks to Reda,Cal and John .Fast and Furious lobby for sure .I pushed as hard as I could ,THOSE GUYS NEVER MADE ANY MISTAKES :banghead:.Appreciate the offer starting a liitle later John ,that way I don't have run people off the road getting home 👍.I have to put up the tree tonight ,but I can probably get a little time in

Fast and Furious lobby for sure

Remember me asking for a 5 minute break? Going down Conrod with Raul behind me, I was driving one handed and indicating for him to pass so I could get a couple of puffs off my inhaler. I sounded like a whistle kettle by the end of that race.:lol:

I'm 2 million credits short of the P1 (stupid price:irked:) but bought all of the others. Anyone up for some no BoP one make races on the new track tonight?

(Not Cory though. He'll probably be sleeping again.:D)

Ah I forgot it was Wednesday. Have a good 'un.👍

Gotta say I like the new track. The Merc F1 and Gr3 are really good to run on it but I can see it being dominated by FF Gr4's. Very fast and flowing.

I ended up doing 391 miles polishing off all the career stuff to buy the P1. My arms are dropping off.:crazy:

Hello all, some friends with whom I ran a few years ago, now passed to Prjcar, have asked me to replace a pilot of their in the next races interforum of gtsport. The first one will be Thursday. I told them it was a bad idea but I'll have to do. To train a little tonight I will open a room in Bhatch GR3 at 21 Italian time and if anyone wants to participate is very welcome. I'll have to use the Porsche, the others what they want. If someone can come I have to set up a 20 minute race, 3x gasoline, 6x tires, realistic damage etc. BOP and free setup.

Last edited:
Back