QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I read the update thread and heard other people complaining about times disappearing again. I can understand the leader board times are different with each physics change but wiping them twice is really pushing peoples buttons.

I've got to take some time off from the game as my left hand's getting too bad. After 20 minutes, my hand's on fire for the rest of the day.

I can see the problem coming back even after a break so I'm not sure what to do. Hope PD changes the locked down controls (not likely) or look for a racing game that I can comfortably use (like GT6) the controller with. I'm not going back to the PS3 after paying out for a PS4 though.

Really sorry to read that. As far as I understood your left hand starts to hurt from braking with L2. It may be hard to start Campaign mode from scratch :), it's way harder though to get adapted to another controller handling :crazy:, I know, and you already changed once. But what about the third DS4 set ?

I did the Suzuka race once with the RSR, and 3 times with the RCZ - the RCZ was definitely quicker (although I was still way off your RSR time!)

Thanks BT. I admit it's laziness getting some gratis info about the other cars. I've started to build my Armada of D:IRT cars :lol: and I try to avoid making liveries for non-competitive cars. It's so time-consuming :grumpy: ...

Ah right. I gave the sticks a try this morning and it confused the hell out of me. A quick brake press to get back on line had me flying all over the track.:lol: I'm amazed anyone can drive that way. Motion control has a nice feel to it (even though there's no centring) but I'd still be bound to the triggers.

I was looking to see if there are other controllers for the PS4 that suit bigger hands. Lots of unofficial options that I wouldn't want to risk in case they're not permanently supported by the console's firmware but I did find the Razer Raiju. It's got some very nice features (including adjustable trigger travel) but I'd need to test it for size first as it's expensive. The dimensions are very similar to the DS4 but it looks a lot chunkier...if that makes sense.

These are the tech specs:

• Pro-Gaming Controller for PS4
  • Four additional full programmable buttons
  • Ergonomic shape and weight
  • Quick Control Panel for easy profile and audio customization
  • Optional trigger stop switches for rapid-fire
Tech Specs
  • 2 shoulder Hyperesponse Multi-Function Bumpers
  • 2 removable Hyperesponse Multi-Function Triggers
  • 4 Hyperesponse mechanical action buttons
  • 4 button Quick Control Panel
  • Optional trigger stop switches for rapid-fire
  • Optional hair trigger mode for ultra-fast responses
  • 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
  • Compatible with PC*
    *PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
  • In-mold rubber grips
  • 2 optional analog stick rubber grip caps
  • Carrying case
  • Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided cable with Micro-USB connector
  • Approximate size : 168 mm / 6.62” (Length) x 105 mm / 4.14” (Width) x 65 mm / 2.56” (Height)
  • Approximate weight (With cable): 350 g / 0.77 lb

Not ideal being wired and it's budget wheel priced at about £150.:eek:

There's one that's about the same size as the XBox controller (Nacon Revolution Pro) but it uses the same layout with a high left stick. I bought something similar for the PS3 and could never get used to it.

I've just had a mad idea that just might work... Be back later.:cheers:

Last edited:
alfred-e-neumann-mad.jpg

You can add cars, paints, credits or even hybrid your cars. Like chucking the red bull engine into a mini or swapping chassis between cars. If I remember right, you can access the debug menu too. There's also some red bulls that weren't in the game but PD left the code in for them. You'll need your GT5 save file (old or fresh) on a flash drive, plug it into the PC, run the app and point it at it. Very easy to do. If you want any help with it, give me a shout.

Do a google search for GT5 garage editor v1.3.1.

As for the controller, if my hands fit it better, it can look as ugly as sin.:D

It's that comfortable, I'm going to do the other side too. I've no idea why I didn't think of it earlier but I'm going to see if I can pick up some neoprene to do a proper job on it.

I think when it came out, people were using the hybrid cars in private lobbies but it's just for the novelty value now.

I just used it to get all the cars I wanted for a fresh game and loaded the credits up in case I forgot any. It gives the game a new lease of life so it's worth looking at though.

What are people thinking about this last update to the stability? I've just had a quick run and was shocked at the grip levels. Way more than I've ever experienced in any game and I had to get violent with the car to test it out as it was that stable. Grippy slides when I pushed the limit and almost foolproof. Not sure I like it.

What are people thinking about this last update to the stability? I've just had a quick run and was shocked at the grip levels. Way more than I've ever experienced in any game and I had to get violent with the car to test it out as it was that stable. Grippy slides when I pushed the limit and almost foolproof. Not sure I like it.

At least one quick and short answer :) ...

No, couldn't find a big difference to after 1.05 / 1.06. I've done the TE Streets of W. full lap which was still missing and about 10 Q laps with the 86 GT on Yamagiwa today ( no time set though ... still don't know what to go for today ;):D ).
I've had my shock after 1.05 so I'm ok with that :lol:. Not of big help, I know ... gotta do more miles I guess.

Can't say I could feel any difference - certainly the cars at Kyoto and Alsace were sliding well yesterday, prone to losing the back end if pushed too hard.

33eihz4.jpg

That's stretched my hand out nicely and my index finger barely has to bend.:lol:

Nice work! I have a couple PS2 controllers laying around that have duct tape wrapped around the handles in similar fashion. None of the controllers for any game system have ever been comfortable for me to use for any period of time with big hands. The Intellivision controllers were torture....

Regarding grip/handling-I agree the amounts of grip now are beyond what I'm used to in GT games. However, out near the limit, it's still a big challenge and overdriving will still make you slower. Somehow it's not arcade-ish, it's just stickier right up until the point where it isn't. You can chuck the cars and work them, but it's not always faster. It is fun though!

I will say that my wheels-off excursions at Brands Hatch didn't slow the car as much as I'd like, there should be more of a speed penalty for that.

At least one quick and short answer :) ...

No, couldn't find a big difference to after 1.05 / 1.06. I've done the TE Streets of W. full lap which was still missing and about 10 Q laps with the 86 GT on Yamagiwa today ( no time set though ... still don't know what to go for today ;):D ).

I've had my shock after 1.05 so I'm ok with that :lol:. Not of big help, I know ... gotta do more miles I guess.

Can't say I could feel any difference - certainly the cars at Kyoto and Alsace were sliding well yesterday, prone to losing the back end if pushed too hard.

I found the limit to be more defined compared to prepatch. Like I'd get to the limit and see a big reaction before the patch while it feels like I'm getting warned earlier after the patch. More linear on the limit maybe? Thinking about it, it's a good thing as I can push a bit harder but bad in that I'd just got used to letting the car slide like I used to. New buttons, new tracks, new physics and new goal post positions to learn every couple of weeks. How hard can it be?:lol:

Regarding grip/handling-I agree the amounts of grip now are beyond what I'm used to in GT games. However, out near the limit, it's still a big challenge and overdriving will still make you slower. Somehow it's not arcade-ish, it's just stickier right up until the point where it isn't. You can chuck the cars and work them, but it's not always faster. It is fun though!

I'll always have GT6 in my head and how easy it was to throw the cars around, and how most of my corners had an above average tire squeal coming from them... GTS is asking me to tidy my lines up and drive properly.:ill:

My padded controller idea didn't work. It fits like a glove and great for the brake but I used too much padding and made it a stretch to turn right. Overdid the padding I think.:lol:

I found the limit to be more defined compared to prepatch. Like I'd get to the limit and see a big reaction before the patch while it feels like I'm getting warned earlier after the patch. More linear on the limit maybe? Thinking about it, it's a good thing as I can push a bit harder but bad in that I'd just got used to letting the car slide like I used to. ...

Ok, I got a few more miles on my ODO since yesterday. I've ran the 86 GT a lot but exclusively so impressions might not be very representative for the whole game. Still ... I'd agree with what is mentioned above : A lot of grip everywhere ( probably too much ) with a predictable limit. It's not that you step over an invisible line and lose your car or something, it's more of a window that you can work with which was great imo.
Wasn't too hard to unsettle or overdrive the car as seen a couple of times in each and every race right in front of me :D ...
precise and fine-tuned inputs is everything and there's no return to GT6 habits if you want to be as quick as possible.
Might sound unbelievable but braking is the most astonishing part to me - so much to learn and so much to gain.

I gamed the game :eek:. Decided to work on the '15 consecutive clean races achievement' and with 6 already in the bag I calculated for about 2 hours to go ... no qualifying to start at the back of the field just to stay there patiently for 9 more races was the plan. Failed in race 3 when the only guy I couldn't avoid to overtake missed that 3 wide space I'd left for him on the inside of T1 :banghead:.

Managed to obtain the 15 clean races achievement - boy, that was hard work! 15 races in a row, without touching another car, having another car touch you, not going off track or hitting a barrier ...

This :crazy:.
The driver rating worked great though. I went from C to D and almost E and with my progress bar steadily decreasing the field mix went from C only to C / D, D only and D / E with an according pace.
Races 19 through 23 brought me back to DR C ( SR S ) with 5 poles, wins and FLs.

I'm exhausted now ... from writing all this :lol: !

Does anyone of you know what the font is used for our names below our avatars ? Can I ask a mod or so ?
Edit : Problem solved - checked every font on my computer, looks like it's Verdana Bold.

Last edited:
I gamed the game :eek:. Decided to work on the '15 consecutive clean races achievement' and with 6 already in the bag I calculated for about 2 hours to go ... no qualifying to start at the back of the field just to stay there patiently for 9 more races was the plan. Failed in race 3 when the only guy I couldn't avoid to overtake missed that 3 wide space I'd left for him on the inside of T1 :banghead:.

This :crazy:.
The driver rating worked great though. I went from C to D and almost E and with my progress bar steadily decreasing the field mix went from C only to C / D, D only and D / E with an according pace.
Races 19 through 23 brought me back to DR C ( SR S ) with 5 poles, wins and FLs.

Bad luck RJ - you'll have to try again!

I'm trying, without success, to get my DR back down to C so that I can have some competitive races again - 3 times over the weekend I got into races where the pole guy was one of the Top Ten Stars.....

Don't seem to drop back as quickly from B to C since the last update, presumably they've evened it up a bit. It sometimes only used to take a couple of races before.

For everyone trying to get the 15 clean races in a row, the way I did it was purposely lose many races in a row, putting my DR/SR at C/D. After that I ran only the race I was best at, and had 2 straight clean races once I started + 13 straight no competition wins = 15 straight clean races. By that time I was back to A/A and within a few races, was back to A/S.
Doing this strategy of tanking until the wins are easy not only helps for the clean races achievement, but poles, wins, and fastest laps as well.

For everyone trying to get the 15 clean races in a row, the way I did it was purposely lose many races in a row, putting my DR/SR at C/D. After that I ran only the race I was best at, and had 2 straight clean races once I started + 13 straight no competition wins = 15 straight clean races. By that time I was back to A/A and within a few races, was back to A/S.
Doing this strategy of tanking until the wins are easy not only helps for the clean races achievement, but poles, wins, and fastest laps as well.

I've only managed the 6 in a row, and it was because I happened to be playing later at night and nobody within 1 second of my race pace joined the Alsace GR.3 daily (4 laps).
6 consecutive wins by decent margins, thankfully nobody rammed me on the first couple corners and I drove accident free for 24 laps.

Hey guys, I've got my 15 ( even 20 ) in a row - I maybe should have said a word or two instead of just quoting @bone_tone to make clear ... sorry everybody.

:lol:
Did 15 races at the back of the field which wasn't all that cool in the end and stupidly boring :crazy:.
Set a Q time then, started from P1 for 5 in a row and won every race by about 15 sec. ( which is easy of course in D and C ). I actually think about continuing this for some time ... can't imagine there's too many poles or wins for me in B or A.

Did 15 races at the back of the field which wasn't all that cool in the end and stupidly boring :crazy:.
Set a Q time then, started from P1 for 5 in a row and won every race by about 15 sec. ( which is easy of course in D and C ). I actually think about continuing this for some time ... can't imagine there's too many poles or wins for me in B or A.
I think you'll do just fine.👍:)

Hey guys, I've got my 15 ( even 20 ) in a row - I maybe should have said a word or two instead of just quoting @bone_tone to make clear ... sorry everybody.

:lol:
Well done RJ! I expect you feel like I did when I completed it - thank goodness you don't have to do it again :cheers:

Well done RJ! I expect you feel like I did when I completed it - thank goodness you don't have to do it again :cheers:

Triple yes. 'Thank Goodness', in German 'Gott sei Dank' !!!

I don't know if this is of interest, but there's been five or six drivers on Sunday afternoon that I met every second race. Just saying ... for we once talked about the chance of meeting each other like we did in QM times. Maybe ...
:)

Triple yes. 'Thank Goodness', in German 'Gott sei Dank' !!!

I don't know if this is of interest, but there's been five or six drivers on Sunday afternoon that I met every second race. Just saying ... for we once talked about the chance of meeting each other like we did in QM times. Maybe ...
:)
Yes, I've been seeing more of the same drivers recently - that certainly wasn't the case when I first started in Sport mode, maybe something to do with the changes they made to DR?

Don't forget though, we'd all need to have same DR and SR to end up in the same race together!

I've only done 11 races... I don't think it helped me diving into them when they gave away a week of online play to people without plus. Some of the ugliest racing I've ever seen.

All going well, I'll be able to get stuck into them soon.

I've only done 11 races... I don't think it helped me diving into them when they gave away a week of online play to people without plus. Some of the ugliest racing I've ever seen.

All going well, I'll be able to get stuck into them soon.
Could something like these help you?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/kon...ip-and-comfort-to-your-offical-ds4-controller
2688337-b.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KVKDNY4/?tag=gtplanetuk-20
img4-34742.jpg

You may be able to pad them underneath slightly if they're flexible enough.

I had a look at those first and ruled them out based on the thickness but looking at them again, they should be easy to slide card in to increase it.

I've ordered some neoprene and glue off fleabay that I'll try first but I'll have to keep the grips in mind.👍

Thought I'd post a little X-mas teaser.

View attachment 699263

There's more to come, so stay tuned.

;)

Already looking good.👍

How long does it take to make a livery anyway? From the options, I imagine the more creative among you could lose a lot of hours in there.

I've done one livery so far. It was black and it has my name on it.:lol:

I doubt I'll try creating anything more elaborate but there's a certain appeal seeing cars unfettered by liveries. I can see the lines of the car a lot better.

Back