QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I'm so sorry Barrett, I'd really like to try but I'm at work now and there's no chance of beating him with a Logitech mouse on my PMAC :lol:.
Seriously, congrats, seems to be an excellent qualifier. ... Btw do you miss your RAM ?

Thank you, but it actually wasn't that hard ( though I was very nervous :nervous: ). It was running against DR E and DR D class drivers mostly.
I got reassured though that a good qualifying is essential. Having practiced a car / track combo and thus being consistent and quick enough for a somewhere near front start kept me save from the big trouble on track. I for sure will go on putting effort into qualifying - it's fun to me, a challenge against the top 10 and perfect practice.

After Saturday I didn't get to play much, as soon as I'm home PS and Sport are running but it's always a bit of this and that :embarrassed: ... and I play accordingly. Can't say a thing about driving after the patch, anyway, thanks everybody for all the helpful hints and comments.

As for the blank leaderboards I'm happy. As @StirlingMoose mentioned they'll fill again quickly, but these completely annoying 'full lap 8 sec pit entry bug' times are erased, so we'll hopefully find some serious top 10 times there soon.

I've tried to contribute as much as possible and started to fill the boards of the driving school again ( starting from 1 - 1 ) :), no assists used except standard ABS. I got stuck at 2 - 3, my rank 5 post from somewhere above 'cos I couldn't reach that .881, .890 twice but not faster. So this may be the hard part sometimes. With your records still registered, the game will only allow for new entries if you beat your old times :scared:.
On a side note : I didn't play possum ( to play possum = sich ( Akk. ) dumm stellen ) :lol:, I went for gold and good without trying over and over again, but I really struggled with the physics at that time. I hope to get more of a challenge in the future.
I was very astonished to read here on the forums that some guys put immense effort into the campaign leaderboards right from the beginning.
Yes I miss the Ram, but I still have hope that it will get added later because it is used as off track decoration.
Screenshot_2017-11-28-12-03-31.png

I've tried to contribute as much as possible and started to fill the boards of the driving school again ( starting from 1 - 1 ) :), no assists used except standard ABS. I got stuck at 2 - 3, my rank 5 post from somewhere above 'cos I couldn't reach that .881, .890 twice but not faster. So this may be the hard part sometimes. With your records still registered, the game will only allow for new entries if you beat your old times :scared:.
On a side note : I didn't play possum ( to play possum = sich ( Akk. ) dumm stellen ) :lol:, I went for gold and good without trying over and over again, but I really struggled with the physics at that time. I hope to get more of a challenge in the future.
I was very astonished to read here on the forums that some guys put immense effort into the campaign leaderboards right from the beginning.
Yeah I knew of the record time bug when I first posted, I probably should've mentioned that. PD could've just removed the blatant reverse-up-the-pit-lane times and preserved everything else. I was like you and only ran for gold times but when you're on a roll those times can be pretty competitive, I wasn't far off the top ten times on a couple of occasions (congrats on your top ten time BTW 👍). Knowing what I know now, I'll not bother with any of the times, not much point really when PD will just delete everything with every slight physics change. :indiff:

Edit: I probably should also mention I went through this whole deleting of times business in Project Cars. I had many world top ten times with the Nascar wiped because people were short-cutting (bad track limit implementation by SMS) , I wasn't one of them but my times were wiped regardless. This has no doubt added to my frustration with this situation.

Last edited:
You know when something you've been really looking forward to turns out to be a big disappointment? Well the Cobra isn't one of those things. Stock, no aids, on SH tyres around the Dragon Seaside... proper mad. I'm happy now. See my grin :D. ...

Are you already working on a Moosehead livery ? I'm sure the bottle label can be patched to the Cobra bonnet perfectly ;).

Yes I miss the Ram, but I still have hope that it will get added later because it is used as off track decoration. ...

The RAM off track ...
screenshot_2017-11-28-12-03-31-png.695334

and off shore.
captain.jpg

RAMs "always mystify" [cit.] !

... Knowing what I know now, I'll not bother with any of the times, not much point really when PD will just delete everything with every slight physics change. :indiff: ...

I don't think it was for the change of physics. Happened a couple of times before without a delete of rankings. The only time they reset everything was during a GT Academy event which was bugged and therefore could be exploited, at least to my knowledge. Imo they did a pretty clever move ( I hope so ) ... because right now every exploiter is excluded from the leaderboards forever :D.
Might be hard at times to beat one's old records but it's doable if they were clean and hey ... aren't we crazy enough to start from scratch ?

Ah, the quick match people. Hey!

I'm hoping PD eventually puts out some quick-match style daily races. Short races you can join basically any time with good car/track combo. Quick turnover and big payout. :D Could be a Christmas gift of fun easy credits, ranking/rating points, Mi points etc.

Aside from the way events are configured sometimes, so far I'm seeing Sport Mode is everything I could have hoped for 👍

I don't think it was for the change of physics. Happened a couple of times before without a delete of rankings. The only time they reset everything was during a GT Academy event which was bugged and therefore could be exploited, at least to my knowledge. Imo they did a pretty clever move ( I hope so ) ... because right now every exploiter is excluded from the leaderboards forever :D.
Might be hard at times to beat one's old records but it's doable if they were clean and hey ... aren't we crazy enough to start from scratch ?
Ahh but it was for the physics change.💡
Untitled222.png

Oh, aha, ... didn't read the fine print ... where are my glasses :banghead: ?

Still, no way they could publicly declare there was a bug that led to ... so they had to ... :lol:

Come on mate, we need top runtimes on the leaderboards ...
:lol::cheers:

Maybe just the full laps in Campaign Mode.:) It would be great if we could chase each others best lap ghosts, that would definitely get me involved.:nervous:

Hi guys, for a month GTSPORT worked fine, never a problem or a disconnection. For a couple of days, I'm having problems.
At the start of a DR I disconnect (4 times in 2 days) signaling an error message. Did it ever happen to any of you?
How do you uninstall the latest update and then download it again? Thanks for the courteous answer :D

I have two questions concerning replays.

1. We can upload and share our replays but is it possible to actually use another one's best lap replay as our ghost ( see @FPV MIC 's post ) ?

2. I saved some daily race replays but I couldn't manage to switch between different cams. Not available atm or what did I miss ?

I have two questions concerning replays.

1. We can upload and share our replays but is it possible to actually use another one's best lap replay as our ghost ( see @FPV MIC 's post ) ?

2. I saved some daily race replays but I couldn't manage to switch between different cams. Not available atm or what did I miss ?
Yes you can ..... when you select a replay of an other player ....instead of watching it you save it after you go practice and go in redif next to the GT button and select the lap and then you have his or her ghost in front of you
For me still waiting for my G29 .... my T150 overheat and turn off every hour ....so in one hour i race and qualy and for 3 hours making livery with the DS4 .....
I preorder a longtime ago the t3pa and forget all about ....after 4months and one T150 overheating and a new wheel coming up very soon hopefully...
this morning my wife called me and said my gaming tinny just arrive and she send me a picture of the box ... i was expecting my G29 but instead it was the T3PA
Life is funny .........

Last edited:
Yes you can ..... when you select a replay of an other player ....instead of watching it you save it after you go practice and go in redif next to the GT button and select the lap and then you have his or her ghost in front of you
For me still waiting for my G29 .... my T150 overheat and turn off every hour ....so in one hour i race and qualy and for 3 hours making livery with the DS4 .....
I preorder a longtime ago the t3pa and forget all about ....after 4months and one T150 overheating and a new wheel coming up very soon hopefully...
this morning my wife called me and said my gaming tinny just arrive and she send me a picture of the box ... i was expecting my G29 but instead it was the T3PA
Life is funny .........

Thanks for the quick answer - haven't thought of just saving such a replay.
Bonne chance with your G29 ... maybe it's already arrived though and your wife is hiding it in some corner as a Xmas present :lol: ...

Managed to obtain the 15 clean races achievement - boy, that was hard work! 15 races in a row, without touching another car, having another car touch you, not going off track or hitting a barrier....

I'd drop right back to the tail of the race, but still had problems with people dropping back to try and race with me, or crashing off and causing yellow flags (which meant I had to stop until they got going again).

My DR dropped from B to D too, so I've now got to work that back up again - still, should give me the chance for a few wins :)

Last edited:
@Mwerte
Na na, she for sure knows what is best for you :D.

@bone_tone
Good job, BT 👍.
In order to plan my 'tactical moves' : I got the achievement for six clean races and the third slider now shows '6'. So do I need 15 more clean races or 9 only. Should be 9 if this works like the rest.
Dropping in DR on purpose could also be a way to obtain platinum. Can't imagine to reach 91 wins in DR C or even DR B atm :crazy:.

@ROCKET JOE you may laugh if u think Our problems is the 91 wins to get the platinium but its the lvl50 ...just by curiousite how much experience you need to get to next level 49 ....me i m level 38 and i need 67000 to get to 39

Last edited:
@ROCKET JOE you make laugh if u think Our problems is the 91 wins to get the platinium but its the lvl50 ...just by curiousite how much experience you need to get to next level 49 ....me i m level 38 and i need 67000 to get to 39

You're right about raising lvl, it's ... phhhfffff.
48 - 49 - 50 is about 300.000 - 320.000 - 350.000.
That's why I exploited the reverse-into-the-pits-bug :D.
When you're at lvl 47, you've obtained about half of the exp points needed.

Last edited:
@Mwerte
Na na, she for sure knows what is best for you :D.

@bone_tone
Good job, BT 👍.
In order to plan my 'tactical moves' : I got the achievement for six clean races and the third slider now shows '6'. So do I need 15 more clean races or 9 only. Should be 9 if this works like the rest.
Dropping in DR on purpose could also be a way to obtain platinum. Can't imagine to reach 91 wins in DR C or even DR B atm :crazy:.
Sadly RJ, you have to do 15 clean races in a row - like you, I hit 6 but then decided to carry on to 15, as I couldn't face starting from scratch again!

Sadly RJ, you have to do 15 clean races in a row - like you, I hit 6 but then decided to carry on to 15, as I couldn't face starting from scratch again!

Thanks BT, I'm aware it's 15 in a row. I have 6 ( second achievement done ) in a row at the moment, so do I go on counting with 7 or start from 1 again ?

What is this thread for? An old league on GT6?

No league but GT6 Quick Match. We often raced each other there over the last two years and the corresponding GT6 thread has been a home ( if you want ). Shared stories, tips, tricks, success, pain and rant - almost everything ... and ported that into the GTS aera. It's without a specific topic, a bit more relaxed and a bit less anonyme. So if that fits for you ... welcome.

Thanks BT, I'm aware it's 15 in a row. I have 6 ( second achievement done ) in a row at the moment, so do I go on counting with 7 or start from 1 again ?

No league but GT6 Quick Match. We often raced each other there over the last two years and the corresponding GT6 thread has been a home ( if you want ). Shared stories, tips, tricks, success, pain and rant - almost everything ... and ported that into the GTS aera. It's without a specific topic, a bit more relaxed and a bit less anonyme. So if that fits for you ... welcome.

Ah. Similar to the bunch I race with, just no forum involved though.

I think I can manage 15 races without touching others, but staying on track is hard. No consistency!

Regarding the Ram-I drive a 6 cyl, 2wd, 8 foot bed version of that truck, with a 5 speed manual. It's slow, but it handles so well for a truck. It's a bizarre sensation being in this big brick of a vehicle and having it go exactly where you point it!

So you fought through 21 clean races in a row - that's true commitment :)👍.

That's always hard at the speed of light ;) !
Ah, still confusing! No, I'd done the 6, and then carried straight on to do another 9 to make 15.

If you've done the first 6, continue in Sports mode, and then have just one race which is not 'clean', you have to start from 1 again to do the 15. In other words, you have to do 1 - 6 for the second achievement, and then 7 -15 for the third (which could mean you do 21 races in total, if there is a 'non-clean' race after race 6), or you do 1 - 15, and obtain second and third achievements in one go.

Is that any clearer? :drool:

Ah, still confusing! No, I'd done the 6, and then carried straight on to do another 9 to make 15.

If you've done the first 6, continue in Sports mode, and then have just one race which is not 'clean', you have to start from 1 again to do the 15. In other words, you have to do 1 - 6 for the second achievement, and then 7 -15 for the third (which could mean you do 21 races in total, if there is a 'non-clean' race after race 6), or you do 1 - 15, and obtain second and third achievements in one go.

Is that any clearer? :drool:

That's totally clear ... and that's what I expected ( and hoped ) it to be, 'cos it's like all the other achievement chapters work.

@ROCKET JOE you may laugh if u think Our problems is the 91 wins to get the platinium but its the lvl50 ...just by curiousite how much experience you need to get to next level 49 ....me i m level 38 and i need 67000 to get to 39
Level 50 here :D. There's an excellent chart of the points needed to level up in the post I've quoted below (check the first attachment) 👍.

Green: Confirmed numbers
Yellow: Unconfirmed numbers
White: Approximation

View attachment 690005

XP per level
View attachment 690006

XP per level and total numbers in one chart:
View attachment 690004

Back