QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Level 50 here :D. There's an excellent chart of the points needed to level up in the post I've quoted below (check the first attachment) đź‘Ť.
Level 50 here :D. There's an excellent chart of the points needed to level up in the post I've quoted below (check the first attachment) đź‘Ť.
****... it s a lot of work ... i cant imagine the numbers of races you have to do .... in the 10laps races when you win you get max 1100 exp and thats with the 150%

****... it s a lot of work ... i cant imagine the numbers of races you have to do .... in the 10laps races when you win you get max 1100 exp and thats with the 150%
I was unable to race for a bit but was still able to do the reverse up the pit lane trick with my controller. I never would have hit level 50 this fast otherwise. :)

Remember when GT6 was young ? We couldn't earn enough credits to buy cars ... until the seasonals came up and we didn't know how to spend all that money.
May be something similar happens in GTS, maybe it's the GT League ... there should be hope :).

What happens when you reach level 50? Is it for the platinum trophy?

I did the glitch as well but quit early when I'd got all the cars that I wanted...which was most of them.:D I've got to say though, it was one of the most mind numbing things I've ever done with a game. I can't imagine what it must have been like to reach 50. I think I'm level 42 and needed another 100+ handbrake turns to reach 43 so it must be 1000+ to reach 50. Glad they patched it so I don't get tempted again.:crazy:

I did the glitch as well but quit early when I'd got all the cars that I wanted...which was most of them.:D I've got to say though, it was one of the most mind numbing things I've ever done with a game. I can't imagine what it must have been like to reach 50. I think I'm level 42 and needed another 100+ handbrake turns to reach 43 so it must be 1000+ to reach 50. Glad they patched it so I don't get tempted again.:crazy:

I've read it's just for the trophy and Platinum. Mic should know ...

I'm at lvl48 and splitted it into smaller portions of about 200 runs a day :lol: ... and I didn't even use the handbrake. Turned in, reverse gear and go :crazy: ... my best is 38.9 đź‘Ť.

I did the Nurb 24hr version of the glitch at around 13 seconds per run...for about 4 hours solid... I was getting duplicates of a lot of cars as rewards but as soon as I bought them, I started to get duplicates of the cars I'd just bought.:grumpy:

As an update for my Sport injury, the docs have done steroid injections in my wrist and index finger to try and reduce the pain and inflammation and advised me not to play the game for a while. Obviously, I've ignored him and can manage a couple of hours a day...if I pause every 10 minutes or so.:lol:

If only PD weren't so particular with the DS4's setup. GT6 was perfect as it was.:rolleyes:

I try to calculate what i need to get level 50 and boy... 200 races with 10laps each that give with a win and perfect race 1k exp ...so 2000 laps with average 2min per lap that give 4000min that is ....my head start to overheat like my T150 ...i m gonna stop here
Changing the subject .... i always wondered the meaning of our racing nick names ...some are obvious ....(rocket) ... and some are not
I start with me :
the MP-4 as well know it s the f1models of Mclaren ( next year you gonna heart it alot in f1 races with the renault power )
The 24 well that s a mistake .
.. i wanted to put mp4/4 Ayrton car but i was a bit hammer and i pushed 2with4 and end up with button 2011 car .....no big deal
Well for that Mwerte ...well i guess i ll let this video explain it

My forum nick is off my kids names. Ki(eran)Le(ah)Sa(muel). Sa counts for Samantha as well but I couldn't think of an anagram for all 8 letters. Come to think of it, I couldn't think of one for 6 letters either.:lol:

Digtater is because I'm a bossy and sanctimonious so and so. I switched the c for a g as I used to love gardening and growing my own veg. All I'm growing nowadays is old.:yuck:

Ok, I start with the numbers, that's quite easy : '1-61' is my month and year of birth and a simple way to have several similar accounts ( '2-61', ... ). Btw @Nonno Calvy 's driver number is my day of birth ;).
Now 'Rocket' of course is a hint at speed. However, I always wanted my name to also sound humorous in a way and when I thought of 'Rocket Joe' for the first time it actually made me laugh :).
Well, 'Joe' is the hard part. It's an abbreviation of my irl first name which is Joerg, a Nordic variation of George.
In German it's written Jörg, it sounds horrible and I always hated it.
I'll try to explain how to pronounce it :
The 'J' is like the English 'y' in yes. The 'ö' is like the English 'u' in hurt. The 'r' is the German one that hurts in your throat and the 'g' is the English 'g' in good :D.
Got it, guys ?

:lol:

Yes, it's mainly for the platinum trophy (but also for the cars and credits). Only about 300 more races, 81 wins and god knows how many pole positions to go.:crazy:

On another note, my forum name comes from a mixture of one of my cars and the shortened version of my nickname Mick (short for Michael). My car is an FPV GT-P (Ford Performance Vehicles) and the MIC is from the old days of arcade games that could only hold three letters for the record scores, so I had to drop the K.

THC_gtmic is from a team I joined (Team Hard Core) made up of drifters, racers and TT'ers to share tunes and push each other to be better, more rounded racers. We all met in GT 5 days and formed for GT 6. The gtmic is simply from my car (again:dopey:) and my mis-spent arcade days tag (again:dopey:) many, many years ago.

The car that's responsible for most of my name (and my avatar).
Sunday Cruise Sept 08 018.jpg

The 'J' is like the English 'y' in yes. The 'ö' is like the English 'u' in hurt. The 'r' is the German one that hurts in your throat and the 'g' is the English 'g' in good :D.

I can see why you shortened it to JOE if the R's hurt. Great description of pronunciation.:lol:

Reading it made me think of JĂĽrgen Klinsmann so is JĂĽrgen similar? I can imagine George is your anglicised name but I can't think what JĂĽrgen would be.

THC_gtmic is from a team I joined (Team Hard Core)

I thought THC meant something else entirely. Been there and done that but I didn't get anywhere near as high on leader boards.:D

As for your car, which I love the look of, there's a guy on my street with something very similar. It sounds unbelievable rumbling past my house. I'll see if I can get a pic of it.

I thought THC meant something else entirely. Been there and done that but I didn't get anywhere near as high on leader boards.:D
:lol: That reference was taken into account by the team founder THC_Skyhighguy (his avatar was a very odd looking mushroom ;)) when coming up with the name.
As for your car, which I love the look of, there's a guy on my street with something very similar. It sounds unbelievable rumbling past my house. I'll see if I can get a pic of it.
Would love to see it đź‘Ť and yes, it makes a beautiful noise. When I start it up in my back garage and leave it idling, it makes the windows at the front of my house vibrate after about 5 minutes due to the resonance from the exhaust. :)

Great stories, mates.
The German r especially hurts English speaking people :D and those from Southern Europe ( Italy, Spain, Croatia, etc. ) who use this tongue rolling r.
JĂĽrgen is the same origin, just one more ugly variant ... and even more old-school :crazy: !

Hey Mick, nice coincidence that your car model is a GT-P đź‘Ť.

Btw if you want to see my name in its all splendid beauty, I've got something for you :

IMG_0341.JPG

Cheers :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I have always been very tall, and very slim - when I first started work I was given the nickname of 'Tone the Bone' (my first name being Tony). When it came to using online names, I often used tonethebone, or tonebone, but when it come to setting up my PSN name, both of those names had already been taken, so I just reversed it to bone_tone!

I was racing against a French guy last week with a very similar user name, but can't remember what it was exactly.

Very nice.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Which event is it?

6 feet 7 inches and 17.5 stone when I was healthy. Down to 14.5 now. It's cruel how many ceilings we get to paint in our lifetime.:lol:

Still sticking with GT6 for now?

Track experience Streets of Willow 1. Had one more P1 yesterday night :) ... but probably they messed up the boards again.
If so I'll stop doing Campaign mode again.

What is 17.5 stone ?

Very nice.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Which event is it?

6 feet 7 inches and 17.5 stone when I was healthy. Down to 14.5 now. It's cruel how many ceilings we get to paint in our lifetime.:lol:

Still sticking with GT6 for now?
Wow, not quite that tall - 6ft 1in for me, which seemed very tall when I was younger, but I sometimes feel short when I'm out and about now! People are definitely getting taller.

Meanwhile, seems like grip levels have changed again with this morning's update, or is it just me?

I reached 6' when I was around 13-14 and then had a growth spurt till I was about 18 or 19. My parents couldn't wait till I started working as I was constantly a pain for shoes and clothes.

My wife is 5' 2".:lol:

The new update did a proper shake up on the physics and TC but I think the grip is about the same. As it is now, I'd say it's pretty close to perfect. Definitely no need for TC in Gr3 now but if you're heavy handed, the TC rolls on very nicely and with very little loss in time.

Dang 6'7" is up there. I always read your name as kielbasa. Fitting. :lol:

I'm 6' and 160 lbs. Haven't gained anything in the last 25 years. Maintaining the "race weight"...

And yeah, nothing to do with GTS yet. And have been driving GT5 for the last few days instead of 6. Thinking Platinum Trophy... Those endurance races though...:crazy:

And yeah, nothing to do with GTS yet. And have been driving GT5 for the last few days instead of 6. Thinking Platinum Trophy... Those endurance races though...:crazy:

GTS is getting there now but I can't fault you for waiting till there's more content.

I liked the first few endurance races and really enjoyed the 4 hour Nurb. Ran that one dozens of times but I only went as far as the 9 hour Tsukuba race. Did it once in one sitting and it's probably the reason I ended up despising that track. Hundreds of laps... No way was I going to do the 24 hour races. Even breaking it down into 4 hour chucks, a week to do one race? Nah.

Ever consider using the save editor for them?

... but probably they messed up the boards again.
If so I'll stop doing Campaign mode again.

I've stopped Campaign mode. Tried to get prepared for the worst on my way home, thought I'd just sigh and move on ... but I was really 🤬 yesterday night.
________________________________________________________________________________________

6ft dead, when I wake up in the morning :) ! I'm sure I get shorter over the course of day ... must be the job ( or a GTS update ).
________________________________________________________________________________________

... Meanwhile, seems like grip levels have changed again with this morning's update, or is it just me?
... The new update did a proper shake up on the physics and TC but I think the grip is about the same. As it is now, I'd say it's pretty close to perfect. Definitely no need for TC in Gr3 now but if you're heavy handed, the TC rolls on very nicely and with very little loss in time.

Definitely different. I was a bit disappointed after 1.06 'cos driving almost felt like GT6 for the biggest part with uber-grip, now car handling is trickier again but managable without assists.
Took my new black-red-gold liveried RSR :) out for the first 250 miles on three tracks and was quite pleased in the end, even untuned the Porsche is nice.
I'm thinking of a second Gr3 favorite ... any recommendations ?

Definitely different. I was a bit disappointed after 1.06 'cos driving almost felt like GT6 for the biggest part with uber-grip, now car handling is trickier again but managable without assists.
Took my new black-red-gold liveried RSR :) out for the first 250 miles on three tracks and was quite pleased in the end, even untuned the Porsche is nice.
I'm thinking of a second Gr3 favorite ... any recommendations ?
I much prefer the handling now, nice and grippy front end, and the cars can be allowed to slide without scrubbing off too much speed.

I love the Porsche, it has been my GR3 car of choice, but I have also used the Subaru WRX. Yesterday, however, the Peugeot RCZ seemed to become the favourite GR3 car - I must admit it was fun to drive.

I much prefer the handling now, nice and grippy front end, and the cars can be allowed to slide without scrubbing off too much speed.

I love the Porsche, it has been my GR3 car of choice, but I have also used the Subaru WRX. Yesterday, however, the Peugeot RCZ seemed to become the favourite GR3 car - I must admit it was fun to drive.

I saw, you did the Suzuka race or the quali at least. You did try both RSR and RCZ ? The RCZ seemed to be the goto car, so was it quicker ?

Last edited:
I saw, you did the Suzuka race or the quali at least. You did try both RSR and RCZ ? The RCZ seemed to be the goto car, so was it quicker ?
I did the Suzuka race once with the RSR, and 3 times with the RCZ - the RCZ was definitely quicker (although I was still way off your RSR time!)

I've stopped Campaign mode. Tried to get prepared for the worst on my way home, thought I'd just sigh and move on ... but I was really 🤬 yesterday night.

I read the update thread and heard other people complaining about times disappearing again. I can understand the leader board times are different with each physics change but wiping them twice is really pushing peoples buttons.

I've got to take some time off from the game as my left hand's getting too bad. After 20 minutes, my hand's on fire for the rest of the day.

I can see the problem coming back even after a break so I'm not sure what to do. Hope PD changes the locked down controls (not likely) or look for a racing game that I can comfortably use (like GT6) the controller with. I'm not going back to the PS3 after paying out for a PS4 though.

Back