Rare UCD Cars?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 757 comments
Once in an Eon more likely. I have been checking for one between every event I've run for more than two months now without once seeing it.

For the past weeks I have also looked, unsuccessfully, for the BMW M3 GTR Race Car

WOW. I see those all the time (both cars) so I picked up the ZZII thing and painted it GOLD to match the wheels. It's a neat car but I'd TRADE it in a heartbeat for a 0 mile NSX LM Race Car

Not sure if it's rare for others but it's the 1st time I saw it since I started playing. Last night I picked up a...

Mugen S2000

in the UCD.

I picked up a Nissan Fairlady Z Prototype LM Race Car yesterday.

Tried it out on various tracks and came to the conclusion it sucks. It only wants to go in a straight line and understeers like crazy. No amount of tweaking the LSD and suspension could solve it.

Then I found out it's also a prize car for B-Spec.

I'm sad... :(

I picked up a Nissan Fairlady Z Prototype LM Race Car yesterday.

Tried it out on various tracks and came to the conclusion it sucks. It only wants to go in a straight line and understeers like crazy. No amount of tweaking the LSD and suspension could solve it.

Then I found out it's also a prize car for B-Spec.

I'm sad... :(

Ehm.... the Nissan Prototype LM car is one of my favorites... neutral, excellent grip and downforce, and I use it to race against JGTC on the 'ring.. and I don't think I fiddled that much with the setup?!

Weird.

Ehm.... the Nissan Prototype LM car is one of my favorites... neutral, excellent grip and downforce, and I use it to race against JGTC on the 'ring.. and I don't think I fiddled that much with the setup?!

Weird.

Strange indeed. I bought it to try if it would be any good the for the Nurb 4H Endurance, but I couldn't get it to turn quickly enough to cope with all the twists and turns of the Nordschleife.

Grip and downforce are excellent indeed. I'll give the car another try and minimize the downforce a bit to see if it makes the steering a bit better.

You wanna see if your car is rare or a car you see for sale is rare? Check this out.
I just found this site
http://www.mygranturismo.net/
Press CARS, see the column at the right R*? Thats the rarity factor. 1 = EZ, 10 = Hard.

If you see a car in the UCD, look for it here. Use the filters at the top. The MAKE seems the best choice.

You can get an account there, then enter all your cars in, now sort by R* and see what cars you have that are rare. My only #10 is my Honda S2000 (US), bought it in the UCD.

You wanna see if your car is rare or a car you see for sale is rare? Check this out.
I just found this site
Press CARS, see the column at the right R*? Thats the rarity factor. 1 = EZ, 10 = Hard.

If you see a car in the UCD, look for it here. Use the filters at the top. The MAKE seems the best choice.

You can get an account there, then enter all your cars in, now sort by R* and see what cars you have that are rare. My only #10 is my Honda S2000 (US), bought it in the UCD.

wont work, because the factor is measured on how many people on that page own that car. so a really not rare car that just nobody wants to own could also be a 10 in the ranking.

greetings

Just got a beautiful shiny black Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 ... Wow! I knew the GT1 Turbo was good, but this one is almost as good and as quick.

Never seen it before in the UCD.. Glad I saw it and snatched it up. :)

the probability (rarity) of any car is about 1/800 (minus 200++ premiums), since the rotation is random.
so every car stand on the same rarity.
i guess what differs them is either people care enough to grab that on time they appear on UCD or not.

:):):):):)

I just found this site

wont work, because the factor is measured on how many people on that page own that car. so a really not rare car that just nobody wants to own could also be a 10 in the ranking.

greetings

yea it's not really a factor of rarity, more like a factor of the popular cars. If you look at all the skylines and mx-5's a lot of them are 7-10 in rarity on the site but they all show up often in the ucd.

If you really want to know how rare a car is check out this complied used car cycle that has been put together by a bunch of users on this site. there's thousands of ucd days documented

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnzTZ62-oeCqdEFrbFVRNExLZF9lN0NDS0ppVHg0REE&hl=en

the probability (rarity) of any car is about 1/800 (minus 200++ premiums), since the rotation is random.
so every car stand on the same rarity.
i guess what differs them is either people care enough to grab that on time they appear on UCD or not.

:):):):):)

the rotation is not random. there's a set master list that all the cars follow. Where you start in this master list is random and is unique to each ps3

Just got a beautiful shiny black Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 ... Wow! I knew the GT1 Turbo was good, but this one is almost as good and as quick.

Never seen it before in the UCD.. Glad I saw it and snatched it up. :)

I bought this car and have a lot of fun with it. I set up the suspension online on the ring. I changed out the transmission so I can get a better top speed, and I've managed to beat quite a few supposedly faster cars with it, including a couple of the newer GT1 Turbos.

yea it's not really a factor of rarity, more like a factor of the popular cars. If you look at all the skylines and mx-5's a lot of them are 7-10 in rarity on the site but they all show up often in the ucd.

If you really want to know how rare a car is check out this complied used car cycle that has been put together by a bunch of users on this site. there's thousands of ucd days documented

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnzTZ62-oeCqdEFrbFVRNExLZF9lN0NDS0ppVHg0REE&hl=en

So the ones with a lower frequency are more rare then I take it?

The UCD loves me today... Nissan GT-R Prototype LM Racecar. Bought it for ~950000 credits. Now I don't need to do the Suzuka 1000km to get it! Yay!

i dont know if you would believe this or not but one of the rarest cars in the UCD is the Nissan Skyline V-Spec (R33) '96 in Midnight Purple Shift, the car itself is rare, but what makes it even more rare is the color as it is nearly impossible to find, luckily i found it myself and bought it

Almost any non Japanese car is rare.

They should re-name this game to Gran Japonismo patch 4.2!

I could NOT agree MORE!!!! JEEZ!! You'd think that 99.9% of the world's cars are Japanese!! Dont get me wrong...some of my FAV'S are Japanese, but here's a FEW wordS for the people at POLYPHONY: MORE INTERNATIONAL VARIETY!!!

If ANYONE agrees with me, I'd LOVE to hear your opinions... We need to voice our concern for upcoming versions of GT-5 and eventually GT-6!!!

PLEASE contact me!!!

I picked up an rx-7 grey drift car! Is this 1 rare? Its an early 90's version, in description, it says it was shipped to japan from us and competed in drift races in japan! Has anybody seen this car?

I picked up an rx-7 grey drift car! Is this 1 rare? Its an early 90's version, in description, it says it was shipped to japan from us and competed in drift races in japan! Has anybody seen this car?

BP falken Rx7?

That was in the OCD for a good 2 weeks, so damn near everyone has it.

As for the UCD, it pops up rather infrequently

I DID it!! At LONG LAST...the Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 AND the Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 are MINE!

What I CANT believe is that they both came up in the UCD on the SAME day!!!

YES!!!!!

Suzuki Escudo... legendary car. Been waiting for it since day one but i have never ever seen it in the UCD or OCD.... so sad...

Back