rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
After trying the Rally World mod I had a go at the Historic Rally Cars mod and it is amazing. Not as high a quality as the Rally World mod but has the Audi Quattro and Suzuki Escudo Hill Climb cars, and comes with Pikes Peak.

Downloaded this the other day, fantastic! Got in the Tacoma, no sound wtf. Do you got sound in the Tacoma?

Yes, I unfortunatly forgot that was made specifically for the Porsche. However, here's a download that includes one for the Audi. Haven't found one that includes the Toyota.
Problem. I can't load any track, the screen freezes and I get a couple of errors regarding the headlights I think.

EDIT never mind, I opened rfactor as administrator and it works perfectly :cheers:

Last edited:
Problem. I can't load any track, the screen freezes and I get a couple of errors regarding the headlights I think.

EDIT never mind, I opened rfactor as administrator and it works perfectly :cheers:

@RACECAR actually the administrator thing didn't really fix it, I can only select testing with Porsche but no races...

Also, do you know what's that texture file from WES that @karl53 mentioned so I can use that 2014-2015 lmp1 mod?

Too many questions :P

I tried out the 2014 GP3 Series mod for rFactor. Pretty fun cars to race! They are maybe a bit faster than the Formula 3 cars from my rFactor experience. The cars do pretty well getting up into the 160 mph range. At first, I was thinking I got a GP2 mod, but this is GP3. I'm sure if I get myself a GP2 mod, the cars will probably be much faster than when I had a Formula Nippon mod early in my rFactor playing days.

I tried out the 2014 GP3 Series mod for rFactor. Pretty fun cars to race! They are maybe a bit faster than the Formula 3 cars from my rFactor experience. The cars do pretty well getting up into the 160 mph range. At first, I was thinking I got a GP2 mod, but this is GP3. I'm sure if I get myself a GP2 mod, the cars will probably be much faster than when I had a Formula Nippon mod early in my rFactor playing days.

When you do, be careful. While the original is a actually not hard to drive, the GP2/11 is abit of a handful:

Goodness... I love that sound on those GP2 cars! I'll heed your advice. Thanks, as always.

As promised, I got to download the GP2 Series 2014 mod for rFactor. I tested it out around Monza (Brianza) and Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth). I mentioned doing about 160 mph in a GP3 car. Well, try borderline 185 mph in a GP2 car! The racing around Fort Worth was mostly for a speed test. Best time I pulled was in the 29.8 range. This mod was a bit more responsive than the GP3 cars I tested earlier tonight in rFactor. And I was right- the cars seemed about as fast as the Formula Nippon mod I had in my earlier times with rFactor. Around Monza, I was able to pull a 1:38 lap in the GP2 cars. The cars don't really take their sweet time getting up there in speed. There's good power delivery and fairly nimble handling.

One last note was that I tried to use Monza's oval to do speed tests... bad idea. It was pretty tough trying to keep the car stable on the old Monza oval. So that's why I used Fort Worth for speed tests.

Hi everyone
Take a look at my latest rFactor video. BTCC 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 #55 G. Tarquini @ Mugello
Please leave a thumbs up if you enjoyed it and subscribe for more virtual and real life racing video ;)

I downloaded the Super Formula 2013 mod for rFactor. The last mod for the series formerly known as Formula Nippon that I had was incredibly fast. This one is just as fast. The Super Formula cars have explosive acceleration. Maybe not hillclimb car acceleration, but these cars are not slouches. They are pretty nimble in the corners also. When I tested these cars around Catalunya, I pulled a time of about 1:36.911 watching the speeds climb to about 180 mph on the front strtech. These cars have only a slightly less top speed than when I tried out the GP2 2014 mod. These Super Formula cars sound great also. This is surely a bunch of cars to race in rFactor.

Now for something off-topic. After seeing some of the different GTPlanet fantasy videos of NR2003 and GTR2, and just on seeing a nicely-done iRacing video featuring video overlays, I am considering (or at least looking into) doing some of my own TV-quality videos featuring rFactor races. Maybe even try out my own mock championship like any of the aforementioned championships set up here on GTPlanet. I have a very light version of Sony Vegas 13 and VideoStudio Pro X6. I could play around with either program and try to make graphics packages by utilizing making graphics and doing substantial editing. My practice will begin trying to record a replay of a race and then do some post-editing work to make things fun. If I come up with something cool, you'll probably see my work on my YouTube channel.

Currently, my favourite combo of mods for this sim would have to be the solid RSM V8 Supercars mod, their 2015 liveries as well as an amazing version of the Goodwood Circuit. I'm not quite sure what it is about them but the cars are fun to throw around the track and they make one heck of a racket!:D The track itself seems slightly simplistic, it is just a big clockwise cirlce with some straights and a chicane, but it's actually pretty tricky with fast corners and some interesting braking zones.

Anyway, yeah, I highly recommend them:)

Recently, I downloaded Vehicle Viewer for rFactor. After having tried to paint cars for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and learning of CarView for that game, I am now looking at perhaps designing something for any rFactor mod. The problem with Vehicle Viewer is that there are a few cars I was unable to pull up models for within the program. Like I was unable to have the models for rFactor's Formula 3 (rF3) load up. So it's kind of hit-and-miss with what you load. Having said all of this, I did use the program to view some of the GTC-spec Porsches in the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod. Maybe I'll join the worldwide community of people who paint up cars. Of course, I will surely share my work with you either here on GTPlanet or in any of my blogs if I do come up with something good.

I don't have too many resources to make incredible content. So I'm just using what I have.

That's pretty much my only complaint with it. Its very finicky depending on what mod you select the model from.

Yeah, but except for not having anything like 3D Studio Max or anything, you don't have too many choices when trying to make art and then see how it would look when applied to mods. The most powerful stuff I have is Photoshop Elements 13 for art and Blender for modeling. I became a bit more inspired in designing cars after having seen the latest GTR2 racing deal earlier this morning. I guess if you have a mod that doesn't show up in Vehicle Viewer or anything, it's really trial and error trying to paint up a car that doesn't show up in the viewer. It would be like a stylist trying to dress up an A-List celebrity blind (or maybe blindfolded).

Anyone have any recommended graphics enhancing mods? That's the one area of the game I've not messed with so I'm not sure what is good.

Just downloaded 2015 Street Stocks. I hoping for a good one here..

I'm having a small issue with AI cars. For some mods cars have glitched textures and look really bad. The whole car body is changed and they don't look like cars at all. Sometimes it's a few AI cars, sometimes it's just one and sometimes it's every car. I don't think it's a mod issue as it happens with a few mods including Endurance Series SP3 (Especially the FIA grids).

I am deciding to try Big Block Modifieds today.

Streets Stocks went quite well and were now too hard to drive. Was quite pleased. :)

Decided to try the WSC 1970 mod for rFactor and it is a lot of fun. First race at Daytona was good fun with me qualifying in 3rd and finishing in 1st in the Gulf 917K, and then it all went wrong in race 2 at Sebring. On the formation lap the Mustang pace car went off track at one of the hairpins and when coming back onto the track it t-boned both me and one of the Ferrari's meaning we both had to do a pit stop before the race even started and ended up finishing that race in 34th. Hopefully my next race at Brands Hatch goes a little better.

Back