rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
So, I had a issue which caused me to have to reinstall many of my programs. Luckily I didn't have to reinstall this but I tried to start this up, I get a message telling me that "d3dx9_26.dll" is missing.

So..can anyone help me with that?

I'll have a look when at home later, but that is to do with "DirectX". Should be able to download a fix online for that.

Ok. Does this basically mean I need to download the latest DirectX for it?

Sorry, I forgot about this entirely!

That is what I would try, or it may just be about directing the link back to where that file is located. Maybe run a C Drive search for the filename and see if it appears? If it does, then no point reinstalling I would guess.

Nothing new from me rFactor wise, but I was able to accomplish something today. I was successfully able to make a video capture using Bandicam. It was too bad my practice run was pathetic when I did a test run around the Lienz Hill Climb course. However, the video I put together went very nicely. I then tried to edit the video in an editor just to see how much I could work on it. The results were very pleasing. So I seem to be quite happy trying to put together a video to maybe be able to start posting video content of my material. Maybe you'll start seeing some stuff from me online in videos in the future. It may not be 1080p quality, but I did make a decent enough 800x600 video. And if I do come up with some stuff, you know I'll share it with you lovely folks.

This will be something outside of playing rFactor I will keep trying to spice up and gain experience with to ultimately make material I think will be very cool to share online. I would ultimately want to come up with something very cool like all the different fantasy racing series you all on GTP post videos of.

I bid you ladies and gentlemen good day.

Bandicam works perfectly with my attempts. However recently, I learned of OBS (Open Broadcast Software). I became a good bit pleased using OBS especially once I started finding certain options that worked best. Only problem is that the syncing is a bit off, like about half a second ahead. And that was when I went from x264 to Quick Sync. My rFactor concentration right now is mostly on trying to make videos. I am surely making some great process as of late. All of you with the different fantasy racing series have inspired me to come up with all of this stuff. So thanks for your inspiration!

You may sometimes have mods and tracks lying around that you don't play with. Almost kind of like having certain clothes you don't wear or haven't worn in a while. I've been trying a few mods I have trying to test out screen capturing videos. One of those mods was ISI's Panoz car mod. This was the mod that featured a handful of Panoz Esperantes with the road-going Esperantes, the GT2-spec Esperante raced in the (then) American Le Mans Series, and the classic Esperante GTR-1 from the mid-late 1990s. Anyhow, the point of this was to find some suitable mods to play around with in trying to test out making videos. I just have to be careful trying to get these cars going on cold tires in practice runs.

Hey guys, I need a bit of help regarding RealFeel, would be great if you could clear things up for me:

1) How do you find out what each car's name is listed under in RealFeel Plugin.ini? Niel's NSX is listed as NSX, and ISI's BMW Sauber is listed as BMW which is pretty obvious. But I have the AE86 Club mod and I couldn't find out where it's listed.

2) Continuing from above, if a car doesn't have a RealFeel upgrade in rFactor, does that mean it's not RF compatible? The BMW Sauber doesn't have an upgrade, but it's listed in the .ini file, so is it compatiblle or not? I wonder if the AE86 is not compatible because it has its own FFB upgrades?

3) Assuming a car is compatible and it's listed in the .ini file, do I have to activate RF every time I go out on track by pressing Ctrl+2 (I'm supposed to hear a voice saying "RealFeel enabled")? Or is it automatic?

Thanks in advance for any help 👍

3) Assuming a car is compatible and it's listed in the .ini file, do I have to activate RF every time I go out on track by pressing Ctrl+2 (I'm supposed to hear a voice saying "RealFeel enabled")? Or is it automatic?

Thanks in advance for any help 👍

On the newer realfeel the voice was removed. And usually its automatic.

1. Not to sure, really.

2. Not all cars have Realfeel. There's tutorials out there to add realfeal to non-realfeel cars. :P

Ok, no worries. I don't think I'll bother with adding it myself though, I'm just using rFactor as a track learning tool. It would be nice to get the FFB sorted for every car, but if not I'll just use the cars that already have it. I'm gonna be moving to AC soon anyway :P

EDIT: I figured out that the cars are listed under their colour names in the .ini file. So the AE86 is listed under #00 because that's what the livery is named in game.

Also found the RealFeel adjustment hotkeys. It seems editing the .ini file manually doesn't save, so you have to adjust it from in game while driving. And yes, even the BMW Sauber is affected even if you don't put a RealFeel upgrade on. Once you have RF the default FFB is overriden completely.

Last edited:
On the newer realfeel the voice was removed. And usually its automatic.

Do you have a link to the new Realfeel per chance?

I have this weird FFB problem, whenever going around faster corners, particularity when loading up the suspension, I get this weird "jolting" feeling.. My FFB dies out for a quick second and then tugs back towards the centre position. Anybody ever experienced anything like this or know what the problem is? I have a Logitech G27. Thanks.

Do you have a link to the new Realfeel per chance?

I have this weird FFB problem, whenever going around faster corners, particularity when loading up the suspension, I get this weird "jolting" feeling.. My FFB dies out for a quick second and then tugs back towards the centre position. Anybody ever experienced anything like this or know what the problem is? I have a Logitech G27. Thanks.

I just downloaded Niels NSX mod and that comes with the newest RealFeel. The voice is removed, but you can enable it again in the .ini file (SpeechEnabled = True).

Not sure what's wrong with your wheel. Did you turn off all damping and centering spring effects in Logitech Profiler? Also use Low or Medium in-game FFB and check whether you need to invert the force (depends on car). It could also just be the mod that's not made properly. Does your wheel also does this in other sims?

The only other thing I can think is the stock rFactor FFB is linked to FPS. So if your PC has low frame rate the FFB can get laggy and choppy. Once you install RealFeel it shouldn't be a problem.

It still does it regardless if damping and centering is off or on.. It does it for every mod I use including Enduracers, etc. It almost seems like when the suspension loads up or I hit a bump, it does this weird jolting action. For example, Turn 3/4/5 at Sebring, when I exit Turn 5 the wheel still feels loaded up, then it realizes I'm straight and kicks back. This only happens in Rfactor for me, Rfactor 2, GSC, iRacing, etc are all completely fine.

I finally got everything together and can drive on Thunderhill (My Dream Track in the real world) now w/ rF1. I was wondering if anyone could help me to calm down the wandering BS that every car I drive does. I have induced under stear, reduced the total turning radius, pulled in the toe, slowed down the reactiveness of the wheel and it still won't go in a straight line, it's better but nothing like it should be. It's constant sawing in the wheel down the straights.

I finally got everything together and can drive on Thunderhill (My Dream Track in the real world) now w/ rF1. I was wondering if anyone could help me to calm down the wandering BS that every car I drive does. I have induced under stear, reduced the total turning radius, pulled in the toe, slowed down the reactiveness of the wheel and it still won't go in a straight line, it's better but nothing like it should be. It's constant sawing in the wheel down the straights.

Some cars need inverted (negative numbers) FFB strength. Try it to see if it helps. Also remember when changing to another car as they may need positive numbers. If it doesn't help try driving with a keyboard - if it's an FFB problem it should go straight, if it's a car setup problem it will still wander (can't help you there - probably a mod with bad physics).

Some cars need inverted (negative numbers) FFB strength. Try it to see if it helps. Also remember when changing to another car as they may need positive numbers. If it doesn't help try driving with a keyboard - if it's an FFB problem it should go straight, if it's a car setup problem it will still wander (can't help you there - probably a mod with bad physics).

I just set the numbers to a negative value and nothing changed. I'll go over to a factory supplied track and see if it still wanders aimlessly.

Nogripracing has tons of info about rfactor. That's where I go for answers. It sound like it's mod related. Try a default car first. Some mods add real feel, just go to vehical/upgrades/ffb and pick normal ffb. Make sure you buy car and upgrade.

I went to one of the supplied tracks that came w/ the game and it drives the same way. It's like the front end tie rods are all worn out and just vers in one direction, I counter and it just flops in the other direction and the dance starts over again. The wheel icon that shows input showing a red indicator that shows the variable motion for the break and gas but the stearing wheel shows that it is indicating input for the wheel when it is zeroed out. Just touch it and the input red bar changes direction. Something is outputing code when the wheel is at TDC, WTF?

Ffb strength all the way to the left? -100-^here--------------100+.I had trouble first starting, ffb all messed up! Changing ffb strength to negative, all the way to the left.

Last edited:
When I use "Stearing Help" the program calms down most of the "back and forth" but it's still there. Gerrrrrr

I wonder if my T-300 wheel is to precise for the game and the game was built to deal w/ older sloppy wheels. :crazy:

I went to one of the supplied tracks that came w/ the game and it drives the same way. It's like the front end tie rods are all worn out and just vers in one direction, I counter and it just flops in the other direction and the dance starts over again. The wheel icon that shows input showing a red indicator that shows the variable motion for the break and gas but the stearing wheel shows that it is indicating input for the wheel when it is zeroed out. Just touch it and the input red bar changes direction. Something is outputing code when the wheel is at TDC, WTF?

Does the wheel work in other games? Did you calibrate the wheel properly? Using Windows game controller, Thrustmaster profiler and then in game. Set all steering sensitivity to 50% (this is linear) and speed sensitive steering to zero. Also make sure FFB type is Wheel and force set to Low/Medium to remove canned effects. Have you tried strength 100%? If -100% doesn't work then maybe it should be the other way. Also try with non-mod cars as others have said.

If you can upload pics or vids showing the problem that would be helpful too.

Last edited:
I guess you don't just plug in the PC capable wheel and expect windows 7 to know what to do w/ it, duhhhhh..... I think I need the Profiler, GT has spoiled me :lol: (Changing a water pump in my Miata so I can Zoom Zoom once again)

Injected the Profiler into the computer and now everything works perfectly ....... What a difference.

The game seems like it responds as needed ..... I was hoping that it would come around.

Good Gamble

Last edited:
Back