rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
I guess you don't just plug in the PC capable wheel and expect windows 7 to know what to do w/ it, duhhhhh..... I think I need the Profiler, GT has spoiled me :lol: (Changing a water pump in my Miata so I can Zoom Zoom once again)

Injected the Profiler into the computer and now everything works perfectly ....... What a difference.

The game seems like it responds as needed ..... I was hoping that it would come around.

Good Gamble

Glad you solved it 👍 PC can be an absolute hell to set up correctly, but once you do, you'll never look back at consoles again.

Enjoy the drive :)

So I've been hunting around the internet looking for a JGTC mod. I understand that at least one that was expected to be really good stalled and died but have any come through, like even a crap one? I know GT Dreams exists and I don't really like the look of it but it seems to be the closest option.

Lately I've been having some issues, my PC is brand new and is able to run Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc. on High-Max settings with no problem, but for some reason on Rfactor it struggles a bit, especially on tracks with many track side objects (city courses, Virtua_LM Sebring). It's not really lag (my FPS is high according to both Fraps and Rfactor) but some of the environment seems a little too blurry and my eyes feel a bit funny looking at it.. Maybe it's just me?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Memory 16 GB
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Lately I've been having some issues, my PC is brand new and is able to run Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc. on High-Max settings with no problem, but for some reason on Rfactor it struggles a bit, especially on tracks with many track side objects (city courses, Virtua_LM Sebring). It's not really lag (my FPS is high according to both Fraps and Rfactor) but some of the environment seems a little too blurry and my eyes feel a bit funny looking at it.. Maybe it's just me?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Memory 16 GB
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Check resolution in rFactor Config? Did you enable AA in game? Did you install the older DirectX (9 I believe)? Did you put +fullproc +highprio in rFactor's shortcut? Try running it in compatibility mode as well.

My rF install is on my old Vista laptop, so I have no experience with rF on W10.

This controller file is a great alternative to real feel plugin. Expecially for those mods that can't work with it. Or when you just want to jump in and drive instead of tweaking real feel for each car.
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22840
With a DFGT it feels similar to Gran Turismo force feedback, maybe better. I use 900° degrees and 27 lock for most GT cars. It works well even with Formula cars.

Check resolution in rFactor Config? Did you enable AA in game? Did you install the older DirectX (9 I believe)? Did you put +fullproc +highprio in rFactor's shortcut? Try running it in compatibility mode as well.

My rF install is on my old Vista laptop, so I have no experience with rF on W10.

Tried all of that (thanks) but the problem still persists. It's worse on a course such as Long Beach (where there are a lot of trackside objects) but it's still noticeable on a track such as Limerock, which despite being on older version with much less detail still has noticeable effects. It's not lag by any means, it just seems like the environment and part of the horizon are "stuttering", almost like an overabundance of motion blur or something. I find it strange that it occurs in a title such as Rfactor, but not in newer titles like Assetto Corsa or iRacing. Maybe it's just how Rfactor has always ran and now with my new PC that can run newer titles much smoother, maybe now I'm just paying more attention to it? I should also point out I have quite a few mods, but only enable one series at a time, but I doubt this matters as I have HistorX installed seperate and the issue still occurs there too..

This controller file is a great alternative to real feel plugin. Expecially for those mods that can't work with it. Or when you just want to jump in and drive instead of tweaking real feel for each car.
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22840
With a DFGT it feels similar to Gran Turismo force feedback, maybe better. I use 900° degrees and 27 lock for most GT cars. It works well even with Formula cars.

The author also made similar files for GTR2, GTL and Race07, although his rFactor settings are the best IMO. Having said that, RealFeel is still much better (on mods that work at least).

Tried all of that (thanks) but the problem still persists. It's worse on a course such as Long Beach (where there are a lot of trackside objects) but it's still noticeable on a track such as Limerock, which despite being on older version with much less detail still has noticeable effects. It's not lag by any means, it just seems like the environment and part of the horizon are "stuttering", almost like an overabundance of motion blur or something. I find it strange that it occurs in a title such as Rfactor, but not in newer titles like Assetto Corsa or iRacing. Maybe it's just how Rfactor has always ran and now with my new PC that can run newer titles much smoother, maybe now I'm just paying more attention to it? I should also point out I have quite a few mods, but only enable one series at a time, but I doubt this matters as I have HistorX installed seperate and the issue still occurs there too..

Stuttering by which you mean flickering on and off? I think that's just a limitation of the old graphical engine (short draw distance and pop ups). If you could post pics/vids that would be helpful too.

The author also made similar files for GTR2, GTL and Race07, although his rFactor settings are the best IMO. Having said that, RealFeel is still much better (on mods that work at least).
Yeah real feel is better but as you know not all the mods works with it. This setting is more for the "test random mods without reading readme" users like me. :) I'm quite confident that this controller will work with everything.

Yeah real feel is better but as you know not all the mods works with it. This setting is more for the "test random mods without reading readme" users like me. :) I'm quite confident that this controller will work with everything.

I don't know about you, but if a mod doesn't work with RF then it tells me something is wrong with the physics. RF basically takes the forces directly from steering rack, so if the car is built properly it should work as is without much tinkering.

Then again, I'm more of a track collector than cars. My Location folder has 388 files (!) and counting. Whereas I only have 3 car mods installed (Niels NSX & Supra and AE86 Club) :lol:

I tried changing tyre wear rates for AI cars in the F1 '89 mod so that they'd be closer to mine, and now that mod crashes. :mad:

So I've just seen the possibly the wonkiest race I'll ever witness on rfactor. I downloaded the ITCC 2014 mod from tripp team to toy around with and possibly make a B Spec series for next year with. The mod comes with 52 cars so naturally I wanted to see all of them on track, and the only track I currently have that can fit that many is Lake Superior Raceway. So practice, qualifying, and warmup go great, no issues, come race time is where things blew up, quite literally. On the end of lap 1, one of the Saabs blew an engine, no biggie, things happen. By the end of lap three 25 cars have exited the race, only three of which did not have engine failures. The race actually safety car'd for the last half of the fourth lap, at which point at least 3 more cars looked like wet leaves in a campfire. At this point I exited the game to check the engine ini which had a lifetime value of 10800 and variance of 2250.

So my question out of all that is, did the sheer amount of sustained RPM from the track kill the engines or is there something deathly wrong with the engine life values?

I'd simply compare them from another mod to be sure. Others might be more experienced with playing around with settings, but if there is a benchmark there then use it.

So I've just seen the possibly the wonkiest race I'll ever witness on rfactor. I downloaded the ITCC 2014 mod from tripp team to toy around with and possibly make a B Spec series for next year with. The mod comes with 52 cars so naturally I wanted to see all of them on track, and the only track I currently have that can fit that many is Lake Superior Raceway. So practice, qualifying, and warmup go great, no issues, come race time is where things blew up, quite literally. On the end of lap 1, one of the Saabs blew an engine, no biggie, things happen. By the end of lap three 25 cars have exited the race, only three of which did not have engine failures. The race actually safety car'd for the last half of the fourth lap, at which point at least 3 more cars looked like wet leaves in a campfire. At this point I exited the game to check the engine ini which had a lifetime value of 10800 and variance of 2250.

So my question out of all that is, did the sheer amount of sustained RPM from the track kill the engines or is there something deathly wrong with the engine life values?
I always turn off mechanical failures and fuel usage.

I remember I was playing around with one of the 90s F1 mods once, and I had usages turned up to 7x because I was doing like a 10 minute race. The track was Avus 1967, and all of rest of the AI drivers blew engines by the end of the first lap.

Last edited:
Do you have mechanical failures set to Time Scaled as well? Short races tend to blow cars to smithereens real quick when that's turned on.

Does anyone know of any Brno tracks that don't require a CD check? Only Brno for rFactor I could find has an annoying GTR2 CD Check (Because it's a GTR2 conversion) but since I own the Steam version of GTR2, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to install the track.

Scroll up to the s_z tracks, under srw, high quality simraceway tracks! Best brno ever! Also check out another site, f1classic your talk, gold mine for high quality mods and tracks!

Last edited:
Scroll up to the s_z tracks, under srw, high quality simraceway tracks! Best brno ever! Also check out another site, f1classic your talk, gold mine for high quality mods and tracks!
Yeah, I found a great F1 '89 mod there for my career mode.

If anyone's wondering how my 1988 season with AGS went, Prost took the title with 3 races to go, followed by Alboreto (:eek:) and then Senna because of the McLarens' poor reliability. I finished 8th on 19pts, after 1 2nd place, 3 3rds and a 6th, while Streiff scored 11 to help AGS into 5th.

Damn, over 3000 tracks... Even with 25 duplicates per track would be 120 tracks.

Easy there any issues with the steam version of rFactor? Gonna try the demo tonight.

No, I have it and the only CTDs I've experienced have been down to my mods.

Damn, over 3000 tracks... Even with 25 duplicates per track would be 120 tracks.

Easy there any issues with the steam version of rFactor? Gonna try the demo tonight.

Trust me, you won't run out of tracks any time soon in rFactor. I have over 300 tracks in my folder - every single F1 track (past & present), every track from IRL/V8SC/WEC/BTCC/JGTC, historic tracks, hillclimbs (Transfagarasan, Stelvio Pass, Pikes Peak, Tail of the Dragon) and some of the longest tracks in the world (Pescara, Targa Florio, Isle of Man) and I'm still discovering new tracks every now and then. You can literally build your own database of tracks around the world 👍

I have non-Steam version so I can't comment. I imagine it would be fine unless you want multiple installs for different car mods.

Back