RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
I like the idea of finding a used copy of TT once I get adjusted to playing motorcycle games.
I played TT back in the day, and I play Ride3 now. Ride3 has an excellent list of bikes and tracks. It's the best of the current generation. But TT is still the gold standard for game play and intuitive riding.

@Rinsky -- You mentioned you had not played motorcycle games before. It occurred to me to mention that you should not shy away from "Normal" mode instead of the "Pro" setting, or any assists you may find helpful. The way this game is set up, going all-in straight off the bat is a challenge even if you've played motorcycle games before.

Personally, I prefer playing on "Normal" after all anyway. It's just more sensible given the limitations of your input with a gaming controller, IMHO.

@Rinsky -- You mentioned you had not played motorcycle games before. It occurred to me to mention that you should not shy away from "Normal" mode instead of the "Pro" setting, or any assists you may find helpful. The way this game is set up, going all-in straight off the bat is a challenge even if you've played motorcycle games before.

Personally, I prefer playing on "Normal" after all anyway. It's just more sensible given the limitations of your input with a gaming controller, IMHO.

Normal mode sounds good to me. Believe it or not I have no intentions on playing this game online against others.
I already run an online series in GT Sport and that's where I do most of my competitive stuff.

I want to just kick back with Ride 3 in single player mode and have some fun without trying to be competitive. Call it more of my relaxation game if you will.
I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years but for some reason I've never bought a motorcycle game for any of the Playstation consoles over the years.

I don't know a lot about Ride 3 yet but hopefully it has a nice single player Mode to enjoy.

Yes, I'm off by like 1,5 seconds. Maybe it's because I don't use enough riding aids but I don't think I'll ever get the gold in that one.

Honestly I didn't find that one that hard... I can try to make a video and post it here in order to help you. Maybe you're using some different lines.

It is possible to lower 1 sec more...but it won't be a "clean" lap.

Last edited:
Honestly I didn't find that one that hard... I can try to make a video and post it here in order to help you. Maybe you're using some different lines.
No wonder I'm not quick enough, this damn game's physics are so stupid the good lines into Redgate (1st turn) and McLean's (3rd main right corner) make no sense when compared to real life. This realization is rather disappointing.

No wonder I'm not quick enough, this damn game's physics are so stupid the good lines into Redgate (1st turn) and McLean's (3rd main right corner) make no sense when compared to real life. This realization is rather disappointing.

Well...the bike itself doesn't help...it has a nice engine...but it's weird by itself :-D

The weekly Challenge that ends today... I only tried it today and loved it...the bike is fun with no TC :-D

Not easy to reach Gold...but the trick was not to drift so much and keep both wheels on the ground.

BMW S1000RR - Road America - Weekly Challenge

Well...the bike itself doesn't help...it has a nice engine...but it's weird by itself :-D
I've watched races held at Donington Park for over 20 years. MotoGp, WorldSBK and BSB just to name the 3 better-known ones. I'm the kind of guy that pays attention when watching a race so I know the lines by heart, it's one of those tracks where I'm instantly quick in almost any game possible. This freaking game ignores how racing lines are supposed to work, it tells you to not use the full width of 90% of tracks, VERY LAME.

I've watched races held at Donington Park for over 20 years. MotoGp, WorldSBK and BSB just to name the 3 better-known ones. I'm the kind of guy that pays attention when watching a race so I know the lines by heart, it's one of those tracks where I'm instantly quick in almost any game possible. This freaking game ignores how racing lines are supposed to work, it tells you to not use the full width of 90% of tracks, VERY LAME.

In Donington Park I can't help or give my opinion...because I've never been there, so I take your word on that. Regarding Portimão (Algarve Track in Portugal), the lines are very realistic. the circuit is perfect. I've race there many times and the game is flawless....except the fact of the version used on the game is not the one used on the motorbikes (one corner is too far ahead... it's not a big difference tough).

I think some of the target times simply expect you to push the bike to its in-game limits to an extent that sometimes involves getting away with things you wouldn't do in real life.

It's not the most realistic motorcycle sim in the world, just an enjoyably dynamic yet approachable one that also happens to be a pretty well-rounded game.

Hey guys,I'm having a little trouble unlocking the Grande finale... have I to complete all the races or is there certain ones that should be completed... Thanks.

I don't know about the time trials.....my brain is fried trying to finish the endurance races lol
Sometimes I tend to forget them too :-D.... but this one was really cool. Let's see about the next one.
Still didn't reach the endurance... every time I think I'm progressing in the Career, Milestone launches some new events and bikes... :-D

WHAT THE ****!?

They announced it, it was going to be one of Barry Sheene's Suzuki. It was part of that huge plan that they posted... and it's still there AFAIK.

She's out :-)….and it's fast :-D

y4mITFd2N9Y7OQLvRLERYb_j2CAf_jVKq9Dyi5P95BwazJh9VRjef-lZy-oaXnaVRRi2d93Zci73imc7MY-WKs_0OPTw4FeFRyd9pPVGd35vPbV1K6UUIP1elv0-F4b7jT-M7iUAXYFUllpjUcS67KZOXlYVr9awxQhq0sX7um0ahtj7za4hsIL-RbRI4FHlmA72cdSJamndZMtIAJOzdIRlg

Took some Laps to try it... it's not a fun bike to ride, but it does the job pretty well.

Last edited:
Hey guys,I'm having a little trouble unlocking the Grande finale... have I to complete all the races or is there certain ones that should be completed... Thanks.
Sussed it lads , thanks john wells for the help and likes.

Sussed it lads , thanks john wells for the help and likes.

No worries wigs, I managed to do the 250 time trial at Donington Park, put some slicks on got gold. Could see my time was going up in the splits, so happy.

Scaff that's a really good pack, going to get that one, just for 500.:D

It must be said that I never buy DLC for games because I think it is a bit of a rip off that the downloads were not part of the original game and am not a fan of supplying these companies/developers even more of my hard earned money than already spent on the original game.

That being said, I have got all of these for Ride 3 and regularly check their website for when the next one comes out. I think the game is outstanding, despite its foibles, and generally have to force myself off of it to go to bed at night.

I got the game for Christmas and still only have 1/3rd of the stars (do a lot of hot lapping around the ring!) and happy moving along at my own pace.

Not my experience of the track in the game, and having ridden there for reals, albeit only one day and somewhat slowly.

From the video there was plenty of time left on the table at Redgate because of the tight entry. From all the hotlapping I do there, I'd say there's no way it wouldn't be faster to come in on a wider line in the game. It is a tough corner though, takes skill to park it on the apex with trail braking. Easily my weakest corner at the track, real or in-game.

Not sure about your issue with McLeans, there can be multiple lines through there depending on how "brave" you are through Schwantz curve, but it looked textbook to me. Again, if it is sub-optimal, then there is even more time to be had than was achieved in the video.

Both corners have a deceptively late apex, and require patience. What you suggest about the racing lines would imply severe shortcomings with some of the basic physics book-keeping in the game, particularly in terms of tyre model (traction circle) and angular acceleration (corner radius - i.e. the line). That has not manifested itself in any other way in the game...

So get to it; 'bout time you put some effort in if you've had it so easy all these years ;)

(Or, maybe you just need the stickiest tyres and all the upgrades? If anything is LAME about this game, it's the way those are handled).

@Griffith500 - You are not supposed to take the realistic lines, that is exactly my problem. I am seasoned player and motorbike rider, been doing both for 20 years. This game does not obey real riding concepts much at all and it drives me mad. This game's problem is not being unrealistic (even arcade racing games sometimes follow how racing lines work), it is just wrong, you cannot use real-life concepts to be quick.

The two stroke pack is a nice diverse bunch of stuff, might get this one!

@Griffith500 - You are not supposed to take the realistic lines, that is exactly my problem. I am seasoned player and motorbike rider, been doing both for 20 years. This game does not obey real riding concepts much at all and it drives me mad. This game's problem is not being unrealistic (even arcade racing games sometimes follow how racing lines work), it is just wrong, you cannot use real-life concepts to be quick.
If you are saying the game rewards unrealistic lines in terms of absolute pace and lap times, then I disagree entirely.

You will always be faster in this game by following the classic racing line.

What's unrealistic is the level of grip on offer and the complete absence of a stability penalty for heavy handed inputs, which naturally can mask line errors.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here....but after doing the Macau endurance race I would gladly participate in a write in to replace it with something like Spa or Phillip Island.

That track is just not fun to ride on anything with more than 400-500PP.
I mastered Macau in ride 1 and ride 2. I can't master it in ride 3. Game physics... or maybe my old age lol

Back