RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
dlc-premium-8@2x_6aeb7858.jpg

Just had the time to try the H2R... it is a beast...well worth this DLC. As far as I could see, The H2 and H2R has their own Leaderboards.

A quick video just to test the beast with better tires and better exhaust.

I've picked this up on the cheap recently. I'm not very good at riding bikes it seems, but I'm having fun and I'm actually learning every time I play. My biggest hurdle has been to get my brain to understand cars and bikes don't transfer weight the same way, and as such won't take the same lines around the track. :lol:

dlc-premium-8@2x_6aeb7858.jpg

Just had the time to try the H2R... it is a beast...well worth this DLC. As far as I could see, The H2 and H2R has their own Leaderboards.

A quick video just to test the beast with better tires and better exhaust.

Well this bike sounds pretty good at least. I hope most bikes sound as good. The speed triple doesn't sound so great in Scaff's video.
Oups sorry i should have multi quoted instead of double post. I need to learn really how to post sorry.
Edit: from a few videos it seems many bikes sound better than in the past for sure. It looks alot better than ride 1 to me. There's so many nice bikes in this i can't not get it.
I had a suzuki gs1100es 1983,blue and white,bought brand new for 4000$ canadian back then hehe.. I loved that bike even if it wobbled alot at high speed.
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Well this bike sounds pretty good at least. I hope most bikes sound as good. The speed triple doesn't sound so great in Scaff's video.
Oups sorry i should have multi quoted instead of double post. I need to learn really how to post sorry.

Sounds in Ride 3, much improved, especially on the 2 strokes, more zinging, deeper on others. Have a look at the season pass on PSN, I only payed £12.00, was £32.00, that's quite a reduction. Packs are priced at £3.99, so you save a lot, get 30 more bikes more events.:D

Sounds in Ride 3, much improved, especially on the 2 strokes, more zinging, deeper on others. Have a look at the season pass on PSN, I only payed £12.00, was £32.00, that's quite a reduction. Packs are priced at £3.99, so you save a lot, get 30 more bikes more events.:D

And more trophies! ;):D

Hello John, thanks, for sure im getting the complete edition or season pass. There's too many nice bikes old and new, racing and street, to miss out, they look pretty good too especially in menu. But I'm in Canada, no discount i think for now. I'll have a listen to the 2strokes then too. I remember the suzuki rg500 gamma came out not too long after i got the gs1100es and matched acceleration with the big bikes back then. It looked wicked too.
They all look nice and interesting. I hope the sounds and feel are unique and match each bike a little closely at least.

I just read Teamvvv's review of ride 3. It doesn't favor it much. Giving negative opinion on just about all aspects. Is it so bad or does it show some improvements on it's predecessors?
To me from the small videos i saw it looks much better than ride 1 no? And many bikes sound better? Or is ride 2 better even?
Edit: i just read their review of ride 2 and it's mostly positive,praising most aspects have been improved,especially audio and handling. Then in ride 3 review they say the sounds are a boring drone and visuals haven't improved. Are the sounds and handling at least equal in ride 3 to ride 2?

Last edited:
I just read Teamvvv's review of ride 3. It doesn't favor it much. Giving negative opinion on just about all aspects. Is it so bad or does it show some improvements on it's predecessors?
To me from the small videos i saw it looks much better than ride 1 no? And many bikes sound better? Or is ride 2 better even?
Edit: i just read their review of ride 2 and it's mostly positive,praising most aspects have been improved,especially audio and handling. Then in ride 3 review they say the sounds are a boring drone and visuals haven't improved. Are the sounds and handling at least equal in ride 3 to ride 2?

Well...in my opinion Ride 3 is a much better game when comparing to the previous titles.

The fact you can play it at 60fps is a night and day change when compared with the previous titles.
Also, the sounds are much improved (maybe not in all bikes, but the ones that are being released in the dlc are really good. Just check some of my videos above...h2r is a good example. The 2 strokes are really nice too

It has some graphical glitches (due to unreal engine I believe) like when your leaning in a supermoto, the rider boot disappear in the floor or also the fact the wheels of the bikes sometimes seems floating.

The AI is not good or consistent...this is a fact.

The sense of speed, the control of the bike, the sound is really good.

I can definitely recommend this game.

Some bikes, not all can be full race models, but the livery editor that makes the game. People are really making some excellent livery's, you will be very surprised, how good they are.:D

Ride 3 is most definitely an improvement over the original Ride and Ride 2.

As far as reviews go TeamVVV can be more than a little bit hit and miss.

Well...in my opinion Ride 3 is a much better game when comparing to the previous titles.

The fact you can play it at 60fps is a night and day change when compared with the previous titles.
Also, the sounds are much improved (maybe not in all bikes, but the ones that are being released in the dlc are really good. Just check some of my videos above...h2r is a good example. The 2 strokes are really nice too

It has some graphical glitches (due to unreal engine I believe) like when your leaning in a supermoto, the rider boot disappear in the floor or also the fact the wheels of the bikes sometimes seems floating.

The AI is not good or consistent...this is a fact.

The sense of speed, the control of the bike, the sound is really good.

I can definitely recommend this game.
I see yeah. That's how it seemed to me from videos too. Thanks exup. Is the a.i. worse than in previous games? For me it was just ok i guess. You mean 60fps even in standard ps4? That be nice for sure. Yes the sounds on the h2 seems nice enough and for many other bikes too. Yeah some look like floating in replays especially when the bike has passed the tv cam and the bike shadow dissapears. And sometimes seems not reach the bottom of the tires.

Ride 3 is most definitely an improvement over the original Ride and Ride 2.

As far as reviews go TeamVVV can be more than a little bit hit and miss.
Yeah i think so. And it's a different reviewer for ride 2 and 3 too.
Well that settles it then. Ride 3 it is, as soon as its on good discount in Canada psn store. Tks alot guys, appreciate it.
Edit: what you guys think of Mxgp pro, is it pretty good? It's on sale here in N.A. until 11pm.
Edit 2: i been trying my ride 1, it's been a while. Now i remember why i felt to not go on much, most sounds are abysmal really. So much it kills any excitement. I really hope 3 is alot better lol. Also many tracks look not too great and badly optimized. The bikes in cockpit view dont have mirrors really,just a grey pattern in them. And the windscreen reflections are really poor. I was bored with some bikes lik the diavlo, then thankfully i tried the 750 sports like the gsx and rc30 i think. And once upgraded and in cockpit view they are kinda thrilling to handle with ok sound. Makes me hope at least for a good experience in 3.
Part of the difficulty is due to the joystick control. I wish they let use use a wheel like in driveclub. It works great even if some think it seems silly. Just need to set a low rotation limit. The only problem is no joystick to control the rider's forward backward position though. Well also the bikes seem to understeer a little much when over cooking the entry into a turn and tryin to break the front wheel keeps sliding and is hard to grip back it seems. But its ok i guess. Just need adjust to it.

Last edited:
I see yeah. That's how it seemed to me from videos too. Thanks exup. Is the a.i. worse than in previous games? For me it was just ok i guess. You mean 60fps even in standard ps4? That be nice for sure. Yes the sounds on the h2 seems nice enough and for many other bikes too. Yeah some look like floating in replays especially when the bike has passed the tv cam and the bike shadow dissapears. And sometimes seems not reach the bottom of the tires.

Yeah i think so. And it's a different reviewer for ride 2 and 3 too.
Well that settles it then. Ride 3 it is, as soon as its on good discount in Canada psn store. Tks alot guys, appreciate it.
Edit: what you guys think of Mxgp pro, is it pretty good? It's on sale here in N.A. until 11pm.

MxGP Pro is fun for a while, it's really a challenge when you are in extreme career.

Anyone know why when i try superbike world championship on x360, just when its about to give me control of the bike on track, the game goes back to the session menu? Im just using a regular Xbox controller.
Edit: well nevermind guys, i was able to play it when i set session to race. I dont know why it ddnt let me control the bike in qualification or practice but i can say it ddnt age well lol. Ouch, back to ps4.
Edit 2: I've been on ride1 for a couple days and i have to say the controls and physics are pretty damn good. With aids off and in cockpit view it's really fun with a good sport bike. The replay have good controls too for viewing like slow motion. You can see the physics and animations of your bike and a.i. bikes that contact you. I had great races with the a.i. in french riviera east, fun fast track.i know I'm late on this but just feel to share hehe. Makes me anxious to get ride3.

Edit: just tried the gsxr1000 k5, its lots of fun to try push and handle. If only the sounds were great. I need check if any videos of it in ride3 can show it has better sound. Cheers.
Can you save replays in ride 3 on ps4?

Last edited:
I did not realise they had all the upcoming DLC on their website. Looking forward to ALOT of things in there. :D
Yh i saw that yesterday too.
Been looking some youtube videos comparing ride 2 and 3. Many say ride 2 has better handling,control,physics, more realistic. I wonder which one is reallly. I like ride 1 feel at least. That's the only one i have for now. But for sounds well ride 3 seems to have more punch for many bikes.

VXR
I found the handling to be far too twitch on my DS4 with Ride 3. The original on Xbox One was far more naturally consistent.

I see, maybe I'll have to get both and see. Probably ride2 will be on good discount before ride3. I got ride1 for 8$cad, I'll just get 2 also when its low price.
More natural if there is some weight feel when leaning bikes yeah. And it's not too twitchy like too light. Plus the suspension and tire play need time to react too. Too bad the sounds seem more grunty in 3. When i looked the comparison videos i thought 2 looked nicer, actually thought its ride3. But the sounds count for alot. It be too bad if 3 feels more arcade.
Edit: just watched a YouTube BMW MOTORRAD UK video from 2017 i thnk, of a bmw hp4 ridden around isle of man course by Peter Hickman. Really good quality footage, and beautifull machinery. It be so good to have this course in ride4.

Last edited:
I see, maybe I'll have to get both and see. Probably ride2 will be on good discount before ride3. I got ride1 for 8$cad, I'll just get 2 also when its low price.
More natural if there is some weight feel when leaning bikes yeah. And it's not too twitchy like too light. Plus the suspension and tire play need time to react too. Too bad the sounds seem more grunty in 3. When i looked the comparison videos i thought 2 looked nicer, actually thought its ride3. But the sounds count for alot. It be too bad if 3 feels more arcade.
Edit: just watched a YouTube BMW MOTORRAD UK video from 2017 i thnk, of a bmw hp4 ridden around isle of man course by Peter Hickman. Really good quality footage, and beautifull machinery. It be so good to have this course in ride4.

you can see here a difference of Ride 2 and 3... (not my video)

If you play on the normal Xbox or PS4, then you will play at 30fps.. on both Ride 2 and Ride 3.

If you have the access to the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro, then I definitely recommend the Ride 3 in the mode 60fps.

You can see here my video on the Same track but at 60fps (change the resolution on the youtube to 1080p 60fps for example)...

the fluidity is night and day when compared with the previous video when comparing Ride 2 and Ride 3 (althought the video is also at 60fps, the game itself was at 30fps)

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I was playing now Ride2 and Ride 3 (In High Quality mode=30fps), same bike and same track...I still prefer Ride 3...

Last edited:
you can see here a difference of Ride 2 and 3... (not my video)

If you play on the normal Xbox or PS4, then you will play at 30fps.. on both Ride 2 and Ride 3.

If you have the access to the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro, then I definitely recommend the Ride 3 in the mode 60fps.

You can see here my video on the Same track but at 60fps (change the resolution on the youtube to 1080p 60fps for example)...

the fluidity is night and day when compared with the previous video when comparing Ride 2 and Ride 3 (althought the video is also at 60fps, the game itself was at 30fps)

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I was playing now Ride2 and Ride 3 (In High Quality mode=30fps), same bike and same track...I still prefer Ride 3...

I see, thanks Exup, well I'm on standard ps4. Yeah i saw that comparison video, well in that, ride 3 doesn't look more twitchy even in cockpit view, which is the view i use most times.
Is the a.i. same? In ride 1 it's ok.
Is ride3 easier more arcade with all aids off?
I always off all aids, upgrade the bikes, use cockpit view, shorten the gear ratio, and use the sport bikes and i like the handling and level of challenge in ride 1. I wouldn't want an easier more arcade handling.

Last edited:
I see, thanks Exup, well I'm on standard ps4. Yeah i saw that comparison video, well in that, ride 3 doesn't look more twitchy even in cockpit view, which is the view i use most times.
Is the a.i. same? In ride 1 it's ok.
Is ride3 easier more arcade with all aids off?
I always off all aids, upgrade the bikes, use cockpit view, shorten the gear ratio, and use the sport bikes and i like the handling and level of challenge in ride 1. I wouldn't want an easier more arcade handling.

Well...I never tried Ride1...but I can ride faster and more consistent in Ride 3 (when comparing to Ride2). None of them are simulatores...even with all aids off (which is the settings I used too). Some bikes are easy to ride...others not really.

To give you an idea...I got tired of Ride 2 in a week..and I'm still playing Ride 2 since launch date. I admit that's related to the 60fps (I play in Xbox One X) more than the gameplay itself.

Regarding the AI... in some races they are too slow...other races they are almost impossible to beat. It really depend the race and level itself.

Well...I never tried Ride1...but I can ride faster and more consistent in Ride 3 (when comparing to Ride2). None of them are simulatores...even with all aids off (which is the settings I used too). Some bikes are easy to ride...others not really.

To give you an idea...I got tired of Ride 2 in a week..and I'm still playing Ride 2 since launch date. I admit that's related to the 60fps (I play in Xbox One X) more than the gameplay itself.

Regarding the AI... in some races they are too slow...other races they are almost impossible to beat. It really depend the race and level itself.
Yeah even in ride 1 the a.i. can be pretty fast. Tks.
It still has a realistic feel i think, even if its not the deepest most hardcore sim ever. Certainly 100 times more than driveclub bikes. I don't see it as arcade at least.
Thanks for info. I'll see i guess.
By the way, is motogp more arcade style or more realistic compared to ride series?
Edit: did listen to your last vid here with gpz900. It does sound pretty good. Tks.
Thats from my era hehe, it was the newer smaller superbike that beat just the big 1100 sport bikes back in 1983, 1984.

Edit: tried the bimota tesi 1d es, nice bike from 90s with that alternative swingarm suspension. The 2cylinder engine sounds ok and not too synthetic too.

I wonder if ride 2 or 3 have custom races or championships? It'd be nice to choose your a.i. opponents. Especially that sometimes in quick races in ride1 with certain bikes the a.i. are pretty fast even on easy, for me at least when just learning the track and bike especially. Well if the bike is just rented and not upgraded too.
Edit: it seems there's a new free dlc today for ride3
  • Ducati Paul Smart 1000 (2006)
  • 1 Volume with 5 new events
@Scaff what about you Scaff, if i can ask. Do you feel there is a difference in realism, good sense of challenge between ride 1 2 and 3? Is 3 more arcade? I know you did say you think ride 3 is the better game though.:embarrassed: that's the shy emot right? Hehe
Edit 3: ride3 is on a flash sale here in Canada sony store, half price for both the base and complete versions. I'm really tempted at least for the base game. I just worry if the feel has changed to a less realistic weighty handling in 3. Cheers.
Edit4: just tried ride3, i was impressed by the presentation and menu, general quality, I'm easy to impress for milestone maybe, since my latest are ride1 and a little of rossi game hehehe. Did try that 1st race with the Ducati, feels good for now, haven't pushed it much.
Edit5: well i did a little more testing with the ducati v4, i was starting to feel like others said that the aids seem on still on pro with all off. then i noticed there is still a tcs you can adjust and turn off with the down button on the dpad and there is a controls calibration setting where you can off an electronic aid for gaz and brake controls on it too. It makes a difference and it's more direct. Also i noticed the bike stand up when braking in a corner, making it go straight, but it's because i let go of the tuck-in in curves to easily press the downshift but when u keep tucked-in it responds fine and you have to be carefull when you accelerate to not let the rear slide too much and wipe out, accelerating smoothly and shifting your weight back, ..you can still shift your weight back and forth when tuckedin even if the animation doesn't show it much. It's really good i find now, just maybe it doesn't much wheelie still often, in 2nd and 3rd gear even when the bike is straightened out, i find that hard to believe a little. I set the tuck-in on circle on ps4, then the upshift on triangle, the rear brake on x and the downshift on square. It works pretty well, i can keep the tuck in pressed and lightly use the rear brake still with the thumb, and i can upshift of course while keeping it tuck-in. Only the down shift i need to let go the tuckin briefly but its still ok since the movement to tuckin and out pretty smooth and not instant. Plus you need anyhow to sit back often when braking and downshifting, except ehen in the curve already. You do need to use manual tuckin otherwise the rider will sit-up when braking.Having fun with it. Cheers guys.
Oh by the way. I dont know if it was @Exup who mentioned this but yeah the controls are much smoother in ride3, you're not fighting the controller but just the bike. I wonder how motogp18 compares to this. Also i noticed the cockpit view is a little like in rossi game, with the cockpit itself doing most of the shifting from side to side and not your head, which i find a little unnatural, but without the difficulty of judging the pointing to apex, not sure yet why, maybe partly because the gp bikes are more of a handfull. Well i guess most of you know all this and I'm late on this but just sharing hehe. Ok cheers.
Edit 6 lol: i just noticed now that the helmet view is really different feom the cockpit view, it's perfect. I was still having a little difficulty aiming in curves but the helmet cam feels so good natural. To bad the sound is muffled a little. Now i have to check the helmet cam in rossi game, maybe its same thing. I checked videos of motogp18 and its same in cockpit and helmet as ride3, great. Hope 19 will have the same. It be nice to have the option of unmuffled sound in helmet view. Thanks to all previous posts here and @Scaff for nudging me toward the newer game, it's certainly a good step forward seems to me.
Now I'm tempted even more by motogp18, maybe I'll wait for impressions of 19, see if all is really better still, especially that it will have historic bikes too. Quiet around here hehe ok. Im having fun with the latest free dlc Ducati paul smart 1000.
I tried it in rossi and it's a little similar but not as good really in helmet view. Tried in ride1, helmet view not same as ride3 and motogp18, its almost same as the cockpit view except for an overlay of a helmet contour lol. All feels much better in ride3 to me, time to delete the old.
Edit7 hehe, may 15th: new update 1.13 for ride 3, note says heavily improved network replication in onl multiplayer races.
Edit8: not sure if this is allowed and best way to keep adding comments but here we go...
This game whew, i don't know if the reviewer on teamvvv had an agenda or if ride3 has been so hugely updated since launch but just the sounds are amazingly better than ride1. Each bike i tried up to now has been great even in helmet view. I just tried the yamaha yzf-r6 1999 and this thing howls like hell, revs to 18000rpm, I'm surprised by this if real wow. I did notice the hud says 18000 but the gauge says 16 or 17 redline. It makes me smile and giggle just riding it haha. All runs smooth and fast loadings. Each bike feels unique and good up to now. And the helmet view natural and fun. Even the triumph twin has a soothing relaxing sound to just cruise along. Just wish an endless list of tracks. Having fun just doing quick races with the starting bikes. And i have functioning mirrors wow hehe, im so used to ride1's useless mirrors that i still have the habit to look back instead haha. One thing i wished is a clutch or at least the blip sound when downshifting, maybe when you upgrade the gearbox it sounds more like a blip downshift, need to try, i know in ride 1 some bikes it did that. Also some bikes are missing it seems, at least i didn't notice the rc30,which i liked in ride1. But this is on another level to me. The season pass is on discount in N.A. by the way. Hope anyone can notice this even if it's not a new post, i dont know.
Just saw that the upgrades are saved with each set-up, i thought at 1st there was a bug that didn't keep my upgrades, but it's just because i was loading a set-up with old upgrades. You do have to install each upgrade after buying it. Also noted that the sounds change when you upgrade the exhaust.

Last edited:
Back