RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Maybe it didn't save before you turned off your console? I don't know..

Nope, it showed the save icon and "online access" icon and I remember gawking at the bike at the dealership for a good few seconds.

I even tried redoing the events in School of Speed no.4 but the bike is back to being locked. Height of madness, I swear.

Say, your theory is correct - the game still saves on the HDD if it doesn't get a chance to save online, no?

Well, this is interesting - after ensuring that I got gold only in all the events - I tried at least 5 or 6 times to get Gold in the last time trial on Algrave. Seemed impossible but.. and you're not going to believe this:

The AI rider lost control halfway into the lap and went flying off the bike - it was the most hilarious thing I'd witnessed in a videogame in years! It actually gave me a 10-second lead and I won gold!!

And so a dramatic animation followed with me winning the 2017 Gixer, so I'm over the moon. :lol::lol::dopey:

I'm now eyeing the 2017 Ninja ZX-10R - it says two conditions need to be unlocked to enter this event. The heck does "two conditions" mean??:confused:

Well, this is interesting - after ensuring that I got gold only in all the events - I tried at least 5 or 6 times to get Gold in the last time trial on Algrave. Seemed impossible but.. and you're not going to believe this:

The AI rider lost control halfway into the lap and went flying off the bike - it was the most hilarious thing I'd witnessed in a videogame in years! It actually gave me a 10-second lead and I won gold!!

And so a dramatic animation followed with me winning the 2017 Gixer, so I'm over the moon. :lol::lol::dopey:

I'm now eyeing the 2017 Ninja ZX-10R - it says two conditions need to be unlocked to enter this event. The heck does "two conditions" mean??:confused:
You might have to unlock other events 1st. And maybe some bikes, can't remember just now.

Hello from South Africa! Finally got a bike game after enjoying MotoGP17 on game pass a while ag ...

Really enjoying R3 (Xbox).. Just struggling with consistency, but when you get it right and string the corners together, it feels awesome.

The front brakes are odd, I'm not able to stoppie or lock them on any bike, unless I'm turning.

I don't seem to be able to turn the TCS off completely in Time Attack. The low off flick works in races though.

Keeps crashing while trying to do liveries, a sign the game wants me to ride? Haha

I owned a 2004 Fireblade, and then a 2007 990 Superduke irl, so will try those out.

Pulling off with the Suzuki RG500, well flipping heck man hahaha!

I have continued to play the game as can no longer be bothered with GT Sport. I have finally switched to the 'helmet' view and really like it. I was using the other onboard view previously. I must admit stringing some corners together is a great feeling (not that it happens often). I actually might try some of the career now as really want some of the locked bikes. May even buy some DLC as desperate to get my paws on the RC30 had a poster of that bike on my bedroom wall when I was young :)

Hello from South Africa! Finally got a bike game after enjoying MotoGP17 on game pass a while ag ...

Really enjoying R3 (Xbox).. Just struggling with consistency, but when you get it right and string the corners together, it feels awesome.

The front brakes are odd, I'm not able to stoppie or lock them on any bike, unless I'm turning.

I don't seem to be able to turn the TCS off completely in Time Attack. The low off flick works in races though.

Keeps crashing while trying to do liveries, a sign the game wants me to ride? Haha

I owned a 2004 Fireblade, and then a 2007 990 Superduke irl, so will try those out.

Pulling off with the Suzuki RG500, well flipping heck man hahaha!

I know, it takes patience and consistency and then you end up enjoying it on a massive scale!

Agreed - I do not like the way the front brakes behave. They never lock up, there's no indication of loss of grip or locking up like audio cues or something and it's odd that they don't lock up with ABS off and the left trigger compressed all the way.

As for stoppies, you need to shift your weight forward and then weight for the rear wheel to pop up.

As for TCS, it is off by default in Time Attack if you have it "off" in options, that is. I don't see it lighting up in TA mode. In a race, you'll have to flip it on, then flip it off to fully switch it off.

I think you'll enjoy riding the Fireblade - I don't know about the handling but decent job on sound and visual modelling. Ride 3 does a much better job of bike sounds than Forza does with car sounds.

I have continued to play the game as can no longer be bothered with GT Sport. I have finally switched to the 'helmet' view and really like it. I was using the other onboard view previously. I must admit stringing some corners together is a great feeling (not that it happens often). I actually might try some of the career now as really want some of the locked bikes. May even buy some DLC as desperate to get my paws on the RC30 had a poster of that bike on my bedroom wall when I was young :)

I have almost stopped playing Forza since getting R3, because the depth of simulation and bike sounds, even thjough its bikes and not cars, is much, much better than what it is in Forza.

It's the best feeling when you nail a corner perfectly or pop the brakes and downshift at just the right time. I've given up on career for now because its such a grind. Doing time attacks mostly and trying out the bikes that are unlocked.

Yeah the sound is more immersive and thrilling too in helmet i find. And it feels more like a realistic sim. When you tuck in too in that view in curves it's really a cool feeling of leaning into the corners and you feel the speed more. It is harder, need not focus on the moving fairing, just on the road ahead when steering so it doesn't feel twitchy.
Edit: tuckin really helps turn into corners too, less understeer.

Last edited:
Yeah the sound is more immersive and thrilling too in helmet i find. And it feels more like a realistic sim. When you tuck in too in that view in curves it's really a cool feeling of leaning into the corners and you feel the speed more. It is harder, need not focus on the moving fairing, just on the road ahead when steering so it doesn't feel twitchy.
Edit: tuckin really helps turn into corners too, less underst

Yep, feels great, like playing another game. As you say harder, but more rewarding. I am just playing around with the different riding styles as I believe this also effects the camera view as you would expect.

I used to ride and my helmet visor NEVER looked like that unless it was raining and it fogged up a bit.

Exactly, I can imagine. It's like you go from the 1st onboard view and then suddenly everything is over exposed and washed out.... Just looks like my TV settings are way off! I think I will go back to the 1st onboard view but it's just not as immersive as not enough motion 👎 (that aside I still love the game)

However, Ride 'in the Hedge' 2 seems to be shaping up nicely, so may have to make a purchase after all the reviews are in :) (BTW jokey game titles aside I am not poking fun at the actual IRL TT riders, they put their lives on the line each year for the thrill and I have nothing but the utmost respect for everyone that takes part)!!!:bowdown: it's one thing doing it in a game but for real? I have no words to describe their bravery!

Ok it is official I now love this game again, changed the visor to 'transparant' and yay, gone is the 'I have had a fire in my helmet' look. I can now carry on enjoying the game in a more immersive way. With this setting although there is still a filtered look it is only minimal and very acceptable. Happy bunny once again. :lol:

Well that's something I never realised. Time to get rid of the gold chrome visor...

It is, in a way, some promising attention to detail from Milestone; they just need to spend more time on the next game then!

Well I have just re-checked and wondered if someone else could also test, as I swear I can see a difference, I changed to the gold mirrored visor and I am sure there is a yellowish tinge to the view but I am now thinking is it just a placebo affect and I am willing myself to see it aarrrgghh!!! Don't want to be miss informing people!

It definitely does have a yellow tint to it. So much in switching to the transparent visor it seems to have a blue tint to it, in the "helmet" view.

Of course, the gold visor should just be darker to look through, not actually yellow (if anything it would seem slightly blue from the "inside", because the visor reflects yellow light...)

It might be easy enough on PC to swap out the texture / material somehow to remove the "filter" effect altogether.

A good visor is pretty much invisible, until it starts to collect critters and the like.

Yes does a have a yellow tint..and blue tint for the blue visor..
Blue
Ride 3_20200314142517.jpg

Yellow
Ride 3_20200314142753.jpg

Finally caved and bought 2 DLC packs, 'Two Strokes' and 'Street Racing' pack. Only had time for a quick blast last night but some interesting bikes, need to put some time in with the RC30, initially doesn't seem to have as much poke as I expected. I will have a tinker later, but still all good and more toys to play with :)

I truly suck in the rain and some of the time attacks. I dropped it to 35% difficulty and rewinds on (the shame) to win some of the races in the rain.

The next race in the sun, I win by 35s with a crash.

I truly suck in the rain and some of the time attacks. I dropped it to 35% difficulty and rewinds on (the shame) to win some of the races in the rain.

The next race in the sun, I win by 35s with a crash.

No shame whatsoever, I haven't even started this grind yet and I will do 'anything' to unlock some of my fave bikes :lol:

Been playing a little again of this and motogp19. Really love the helmet view in both, leaning into corners.
Both feel great, ride 3 with sport bikes and motogp for race bikes of course.

In motogp19 i love the older bikes, like Rainey's yam 500 2 stroke. The sound is really good in helmet when you crank it up. And you feel the rear tire slipping trying to maximize your coming out of curves.
The Burno track is pretty nice on the Rainey challenge. Milestone don't make them easy lol, well it's good you have to get a pretty good line and lap to beat them.
Jerez is also fun with fast curves.

Oups forgot to type what i wanted to ask...
Anyone try the new under paddles attachment for the ds4 on these games yet? Wondering if the games let you use them for shifting.
EDit: have to say one thing that pisses me off a little really is the passing challenges grr. You have to pass really slow riders that are always on the race line in your way.

On a bike it's worse you can't just swerve as easy as in a car too. You lose lots of time to slow down to not get off the track because you need to go around the slow a.i. and then if you go off track you get time penalties hayy. Hehe i don't know, gets on your nerve sometime. Plus you need to have gold stars on all to unlock things oook.

Last edited:
Been playing a little again of this and motogp19. Really love the helmet view in both, leaning into corners.
Both feel great, ride 3 with sport bikes and motogp for race bikes of course.

In motogp19 i love the older bikes, like Rainey's yam 500 2 stroke. The sound is really good in helmet when you crank it up. And you feel the rear tire slipping trying to maximize your coming out of curves.
The Burno track is pretty nice on the Rainey challenge. Milestone don't make them easy lol, well it's good you have to get a pretty good line and lap to beat them.
Jerez is also fun with fast curves.

Oups forgot to type what i wanted to ask...
Anyone try the new under paddles attachment for the ds4 on these games yet? Wondering if the games let you use them for shifting.
EDit: have to say one thing that pisses me off a little really is the passing challenges grr. You have to pass really slow riders that are always on the race line in your way.

On a bike it's worse you can't just swerve as easy as in a car too. You lose lots of time to slow down to not get off the track because you need to go around the slow a.i. and then if you go off track you get time penalties hayy. Hehe i don't know, gets on your nerve sometime. Plus you need to have gold stars on all to unlock things oook.

on a bike, you just plan your line way, way ahead. hope that helps!

Back