RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
What a shame. Going by their Facebook page, players are still reporting issues with the save file being corrupted.

The patch seems to have fixed...nothing.

:indiff:

And then to think, I even bought the Yamaha DLC yesterday AFTER the save game corrupted :lol: They must be doing something right..

What platform are you fryto?
I'm on PS4

So far so good for me regarding my savefile. Not corrupted after doing a championship.
But as they didn't fix the championship bug, there's still not much incentive for me to play the rest of them... :(

I read a review a few days back (PS4 version)....it got a 5,1/10. I mean come on...that guy testing the game simply had no clue about that game or biking overall. The usuall complaints: "bad" graphics, "bad" AI, no day and night cycle also no changeable weather, to few tracks....bla bla bla.

The tester wrote, the PS4 graphics could easy be displayed on the "old" PS3 and he is dissapointed to not ride in the rain. I mean really?! Complaining about not riding in the ******* RAIN?! Guess that is what every rider loves right? Take your bike out to go for a nice spin on a beautiful raining day, those wet roads are so much fun to ride on......

Reviews.....

I've just completed the middleweight naked class. Seems odd that I've also managed to get to rank 1
in the standings and so complete all the elite trophies too by this point?

I would've thought that getting to number 1 would have meant needing to complete quite a few more of
the higher class races to amass the points required

A miscalculation on Milestone's part, regarding game progression?

Since installing the update I have noticed that the game hasn't frozen mid-race like it used to, and also this morning the HP4 actually reappeared where it should have been on the bike selection screen, instead of the Desmosedici that has been showing where the HP4 should be for the last few weex.
Because I see that the championship is still bugged, I haven't tried doing one yet, but I am still busy working through various other races when I get time.
I amassed well over a million credits, despite owning nearly all the bikes in the game, and I've been at rank 1 for a long time now, even though I had to restart from the bottom four or five times before I read MxHylands tip on not corrupting your save game by not doing championships.
I would like to see the oil bug working correctly, the load times being halved, especially when customising your bike, more bikes to choose from, more trax including some I actually know, and some that have straights long enough to max out a bike on.

But I am fairly sure that on PS3, I will see no more updates to resolve any issues in this game.

On the plus side, I have had the kind of weather recently that's meant I've had my real CBR out of the garage, and the S2000 is due out on Friday, so my PS3 time will dwindle now until mgsv releases in September.
Unless I bite the bullet and get a ps4 and project cars......

Thanx fryto.

:irked:👍

I read a review a few days back (PS4 version)....it got a 5,1/10. I mean come on...that guy testing the game simply had no clue about that game or biking overall. The usuall complaints: "bad" graphics, "bad" AI, no day and night cycle also no changeable weather, to few tracks....bla bla bla.

The tester wrote, the PS4 graphics could easy be displayed on the "old" PS3 and he is dissapointed to not ride in the rain. I mean really?! Complaining about not riding in the ******* RAIN?! Guess that is what every rider loves right? Take your bike out to go for a nice spin on a beautiful raining day, those wet roads are so much fun to ride on......

Reviews.....

Did they not even say that if riding appeals to you, then you'll enjoy it? Because when reviewers don't know about bikes, they usually say that. If not, then I want to meet this nerd, and smack him in the glasses with a million page book about how to master Dungeons & Dragons (his favourite game). Yeah, I'm stereotyping, not ashamed. :P

Reviews.....

I've read a similar review and I can only conclude that the reviewer is not interested in bikes and didn't spend much time with the game. It also got the same complaint that the AI was way too slow, which is only true when you don't even bother going into the race options to turn up the difficulty... So if you read that, the review is utterly worthless.

Did they not even say that if riding appeals to you, then you'll enjoy it? Because when reviewers don't know about bikes, they usually say that. If not, then I want to meet this nerd, and smack him in the glasses with a million page book about how to master Dungeons & Dragons (his favourite game). Yeah, I'm stereotyping, not ashamed. :P

Nope, not mentioned that either....the thing the tester was pleased with: Bike engine sounds, modells and driver animations.
Another part from the review that simply is not true:
- AI strictly sticks to the driving line
- the Penalty system is inconsistent/not traceable

In my PS3 version the AI does give the player room (if you drive "fair") and how the penalty system works is obivous, you cut the track AND gain an advantage through that -> Penalty is your reward

To me it is clear: that tester guy was the wrong choice for the game. (i personally would rate RIDE a 7 or 8 out of 10 because i have fun with it)

Regarding the penalty system, I actually find it one of the best in a racing game as far as the corner cutting is concerned. Maybe they should have added something similar for knocking fellow riders of their bikes, but I find it pretty decent.

Edit: my rating for this game would be a 7 as well.
Reviewers have a fair point that the graphics simply aren't up to PS4 standards. This together with the countless bugs just can't justify a higher score than that in my opinion.
But nonetheless it's a very enjoyable game, with a fun open style career mode and with the best handling/physics I've ever experienced in a motorcycle game.

Furthering the discussion on the penalties, it's the only "realistic" penalty system I've encountered in a racing game recently, as everyone else seems too insistent that a race director has a magic switch that disables your vehicle remotely, instead of the real-world "add a time penalty after the race finishes" method.

As for rating, I'd go up to an 8.5, but mostly because there are some things that need looking at, but don't necessarily detract from the fun and playability of the game for someone interested in bikes, and has experienced real-life riding:

• Graphically, it passes, but could certainly benefit from an update similar to that which completely changed the overall looks of Driveclub. Even something like a dynamic lighting system might work wonders here, though may well be a tad more difficult to achieve.
  • The sounds are really good, but at the same time sometimes not, as they suffer from the PD syndrome of being "too clean", lacking overrun pops and bangs that would usually happen. But the sound of the plastics hitting solid objects is really good, something I can unfortunately confirm from experience (several times over, lol)
  • Handling is also really good, not perfect though, but certainly better than I have felt on the current or last generation of consoles. The major problem is that a bike's controls don't easily cross to a control pad in the way that a car's do, and there is no "sim rig" for bike games, as the genre as a whole is woefully under appreciated.

New consoles are here but there is not one racing game,4 or 2 wheels, giving the full pack(graphics,physics-feeling) to gamers,except maybe forza5(if someone likes the physics),and project cars is coming in a few weeks.
So i think giving RIDE such bad reviews(5.1/10) is a lil bit strange in my opinion.
The only game with the full pack is asseto corsa and that was realesed a few months ago and requires a really good PC .
RIDE has room for big improvement in a next version,i personally don't expect milestone to deliver anything more than some dlc's for this game,but for bike fans(people that have rode khm being wet and freezing cold IRL) is really ok to have the chance to play a decent bike game.

The only think i miss from gt6(my dfgt is doing a great job as hanger for my pants since ride came out) is the options to set a online race with 4 cyl. 750cc bikes only or 1000cc v twins for example.because the way RIDE rewards points is making everyone online to use pre modern superbikes and not the older bikes....c'mon GTP-PS3 people we need to organise some private online racing.

And also would like to see in a future version of RIDE the option to use both controller sticks(left one for the bike and right on for the rider) like it is on MXGP game,it's far more realistic this way.

and again sorry 4 my bad english.

I had this game delivered yesterday for PS3 and overall I was kind of disappointed. The features and physics are spot on, and very reminiscent of Tourist Trophy, but the graphics and AI are truly awful (for the PS3 version anyway). The in-race graphics are bearable because of how fun it is, but the replays are completely unwatchable due to the complete lack of correct texturing and literally PS1 grade environment and spectator graphics.

Within the first half hour of playing the (brand new) game froze, bugged and glitched multiple times, and the AI riders have no regard whatsoever for the racing line or you as the player. They plough straight into you on corners and have rediculous straight line performance, even in models that should be far slower than yours.

Overall though, I am still enjoying the game because the physics are spot on and all things considered the racing is very fun for the most part, with track days, races, salt flat drag heats etc. And very in depth motorcycle tuning (but a woefully lacking 'paint editor' which doesn't even let you change the colour of the bike unless it was a factory option to begin with).

I do however hope that they make new bikes available as DLC, particularly more electric superbikes like the Mission RS and overall hyperbikes like the MTT Y2K (fat chance but here's hoping).

Overall :

Physics - 10
Gameplay - 8
Graphics - 5
Bike lineup - 9
Customisation - 7
Verdict - Tons of potential, but feels rushed.

Can you guys change bike setup and gear ratio after the patch? If I change setup and leave setup screen it doesn't save, go in setup again and it's all default settings. On Xbox 360. Same in race, time-trial and multiplayer.

Can you guys change bike setup and gear ratio after the patch? If I change setup and leave setup screen it doesn't save, go in setup again and it's all default settings. On Xbox 360. Same in race, time-trial and multiplayer.

Not certain, but I think mine may do that too.

I had this game delivered yesterday for PS3 and overall I was kind of disappointed. The features and physics are spot on, and very reminiscent of Tourist Trophy, but the graphics and AI are truly awful (for the PS3 version anyway). The in-race graphics are bearable because of how fun it is, but the replays are completely unwatchable due to the complete lack of correct texturing and literally PS1 grade environment and spectator graphics.

Within the first half hour of playing the (brand new) game froze, bugged and glitched multiple times, and the AI riders have no regard whatsoever for the racing line or you as the player. They plough straight into you on corners and have rediculous straight line performance, even in models that should be far slower than yours.

Overall though, I am still enjoying the game because the physics are spot on and all things considered the racing is very fun for the most part, with track days, races, salt flat drag heats etc. And very in depth motorcycle tuning (but a woefully lacking 'paint editor' which doesn't even let you change the colour of the bike unless it was a factory option to begin with).

I do however hope that they make new bikes available as DLC, particularly more electric superbikes like the Mission RS and overall hyperbikes like the MTT Y2K (fat chance but here's hoping).

Overall :

Physics - 10
Gameplay - 8
Graphics - 5
Bike lineup - 9
Customisation - 7
Verdict - Tons of potential, but feels rushed.

physics -10?

haha, are ya kidding me?

this physics does not even come close to how it is to ride a real motorbike...
and the engine sounds sux big time..
and yeah, the helmet view is so unrealistic and over exaggerated, you usually do not ride wearing a dirtbike helmet at high speeds ffs :P

but still, there is nothing better out there so beggars can't be choosers..

physics -10?

haha, are ya kidding me?

this physics does not even come close to how it is to ride a real motorbike...
and the engine sounds sux big time..
and yeah, the helmet view is so unrealistic and over exaggerated, you usually do not ride wearing a dirtbike helmet at high speeds ffs :P

but still, there is nothing better out there so beggars can't be choosers..

I didn't say that the physics were realistic, I said that they are fun. Try actually reading someone's comment before wading in with a foolish reply.

ya did say: I am still enjoying the game because the physics are spot on and all things considered the racing is very fun for the most part. which I translate that ya indeed think the physics of this game emulate real life physics relatively nicely and that all in all the game is fun...... that is what I understood.. :P

I dont think it really matters if its a controller or if ya are holding the clippons... If ya know how a bike behaves IRL then ya surly can judge how the physics is in the game. The only thing that should be different is the object ya control the bike with. :D

ya did say: I am still enjoying the game because the physics are spot on and all things considered the racing is very fun for the most part. which I translate that ya indeed think the physics of this game emulate real life physics relatively nicely and that all in all the game is fun...... that is what I understood..

You could also choose to translate that "I like cheese" means "grass is blue" but that doesn't make it so. I did not mention realism in any way whatsoever, so your choosing to take it that way is your fault, not my writing.

OK, I'm feeling pretty stupid right now, but I can't seem to locate the demo. UK, PS3 / PS4.

Has it been removed from PSN, or something? The search function is absolutely useless on PSN, it doesn't include demos. In fact, the whole thing is pants; no link to demos from the full game, and vice versa? Idiots.

Shame, because I wanted to try this, and there's no way I'm buying it before I try it.

Back