RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
Yeah, can see there being legal trouble ahead if nothing comes soon. You can only hope they're working on a patch so comprehensive it'll include improvements akin the The Crew Wild Run.

I downloaded the demo for the PS4 last night. I've recently begun a transition away from the 4-wheeled camp and am growing more fond of life on 2 wheels. This game is exactly what I need right now. I went to the options and made everything as realistic as possible. No aids, no traction control. If this game is half as realistic as real life, then I think I'll be fine starting out on a 600cc supersport bike. I'm happy the KTM RC390 will be in the full game, but I'd like to see more 300cc class bikes like the Yamaha R3 and CBR300R...

I downloaded the demo for the PS4 last night. I've recently begun a transition away from the 4-wheeled camp and am growing more fond of life on 2 wheels. This game is exactly what I need right now. I went to the options and made everything as realistic as possible. No aids, no traction control. If this game is half as realistic as real life, then I think I'll be fine starting out on a 600cc supersport bike. I'm happy the KTM RC390 will be in the full game, but I'd like to see more 300cc class bikes like the Yamaha R3 and CBR300R...

Always great to see people taking interest in bikes. :D When riding for real you should feel more in control of the bike, that's what I've always found. I'd say you're better off on one of the 300cc bikes, though I guess you're already aware of that. Personally of that class I'd recommend a Kawasaki Ninja 300 because they've been around for awhile longer, so you can get them used for cheaper.

But yeah, the game is great fun. I personally get bored because there aren't enough interesting tracks, but I still fire up to ride a bike I like, just wish they had a 2005 Ninja 636. Though there is the 2003, but it's not quite the same.

I just hope it gets some DLC eventually. It's ridiculous how it's been abandoned.

Edited to add; I got that desperate I bought the Modern Yamaha pack. At this point I now have the complete game - the historic Yamaha pack was my preorder bonus.

Last edited:
Always great to see people taking interest in bikes. :D When riding for real you should feel more in control of the bike, that's what I've always found. I'd say you're better off on one of the 300cc bikes, though I guess you're already aware of that. Personally of that class I'd recommend a Kawasaki Ninja 300 because they've been around for awhile longer, so you can get them used for cheaper.

But yeah, the game is great fun. I personally get bored because there aren't enough interesting tracks, but I still fire up to ride a bike I like, just wish they had a 2005 Ninja 636. Though there is the 2003, but it's not quite the same.
My personal pick would be the Benelli "Naked 300", I think. :dopey:

Small engines (but larger than "learner") used to be so popular, then dwindled and practically lapsed for a while, but are now back on the rise, partially due to new European licensing laws and the massive "Asian" (for want of less laziness) market. I got into biking right in the middle of that lull, so I feel I missed out... Putting them in a game is a great way to dampen that feeling! :D

More bikes in the game would be great, including these "slower" ones. There are few, but enough, bikes I've personally ridden to make it interesting, in terms of physics appraisal (such as I am able, and the game allows) and bike-to-bike comparisons, and there are so many avenues not (yet) explored.

Keep 'em coming, game developer peoples! 👍

For my first bike in real life, I narrowed it down to these two:

Yamaha WR250R
Honda CBR500R (or the CB500F and CB500X)

I'll probably go with the F, because it's naked, comfortable, gets over 60 mpg, and has plenty of power to put me in front of traffic with ease. I'm 6'0" and over 200 lbs, so none of these bikes should be too difficult for me to handle.

Too bad I can't sample them in Ride...

Yamaha WR250R

I'll probably go with the F, because it's naked, comfortable, gets over 60 mpg, and has plenty of power to put me in front of traffic with ease. I'm 6'0" and over 200 lbs, so none of these bikes should be too difficult for me to handle.

If engine size isnt a worry (and you are buying new) and you just want a fun bike, Check out the Ducati Scrambler (no it doesnt have a ducati premium price). Its a great fun bike with a lot of customability options

If engine size isnt a worry (and you are buying new) and you just want a fun bike, Check out the Ducati Scrambler (no it doesnt have a ducati premium price). Its a great fun bike with a lot of customability options

That's a nice-looking retro style bike, but if I'm going to go with a big engine like that, I'd rather get the Yamaha FZ-07.

That's a nice-looking retro style bike, but if I'm going to go with a big engine like that, I'd rather get the Yamaha FZ-07.
The FZ-07 is a nice bike. The scrambler is pure fun, The bike itself isnt very big. I was going to get the Full Throttle version but i've decided on the cheapest model as im going to customise it after a few months, Theres some lovely customs of the scrambler currently. Cant wait to get it but im going to have to wait untill next year now as the summer aint gonna be here for much longer

PS. Dont let Ducati hear you call it a retro style bike lol

Yamaha WR250R

What sort of riding do you plan on doing? Because if you want a bike you can ride on the road, but take off road and have some fun, the WR would be great, I considered getting one. You could also consider a Suzuki DRZ250, or a DR250R. I have the latter and it's been great for learning off road.

What sort of riding do you plan on doing? Because if you want a bike you can ride on the road, but take off road and have some fun, the WR would be great, I considered getting one. You could also consider a Suzuki DRZ250, or a DR250R. I have the latter and it's been great for learning off road.

USA doesn't get the Suzuki DR 250's. We get the 200's but I doubt that it's quick enough for the traffic around here and definitely can't go on the highway.

I looked into the DR-Z400SM but it doesn't have fuel-injection or a 6th gear. If it did, it would be perfect.

It's also 27 lbs heavier than the WR250R, wet.

Honda CRF-250L is another contender...and probably the one I'd get because I'm cheap and plan to ride more on the street anyway.

Last edited:
If the CB650F were spec'd in real life how it is in this game (i.e. its weight), it'd be a great bike to settle into the habit on, I think. I actually want to test one given how much fun it is in the game!

VXR
I just hope it gets some DLC eventually. It's ridiculous how it's been abandoned

Edited to add; I got that desperate I bought the Modern Yamaha pack. At this point I now have the complete game - the historic Yamaha pack was my preorder bonus
Yeah, some dlc would be nice. And I know I've said it before but what the hell, I'll say it again...

I so, so wish I could cap this game at 30fps. It's a real fun ride (teehee, pun) but the choppy fps is horrible

If the CB650F were spec'd in real life how it is in this game (i.e. its weight), it'd be a great bike to settle into the habit on, I think. I actually want to test one given how much fun it is in the game!

I dunno, this comparison review makes the 650F look pretty bad compared with the FZ-07. The Yamaha has the horsepower advantage up to 8,000 rpm and has 45 ft-lbs of torque at a low 2,500 rpm while the Honda doesn't make that much until 7,000 rpm. Around town, I'd want the FZ. On the racetrack I'd prefer the Honda. The FZ-07 is $1,500 cheaper, 65 lbs lighter, and is more comfortable for tall riders. Somehow though, their 1/4 mile times are identical.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/r...i-sfv650-vs-yamaha-fz-07-mc-comparo-road-test

Plus, just listen to this!

Last edited:
I dunno, this comparison review makes the 650F look pretty bad compared with the FZ-07. The Yamaha has the horsepower advantage up to 8,000 rpm and has 45 ft-lbs of torque at a low 2,500 rpm while the Honda doesn't make that much until 7,000 rpm. Around town, I'd want the FZ. On the racetrack I'd prefer the Honda. The FZ-07 is $1,500 cheaper, 65 lbs lighter, and is more comfortable for tall riders. Somehow though, their 1/4 mile times are identical.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/r...i-sfv650-vs-yamaha-fz-07-mc-comparo-road-test

Plus, just listen to this!

Aye, I just meant that in the game the Honda (incorrectly) weighs almost the same as the Yam, and the zingy four-pot power delivery makes it in effect tail happy. It would make for an interesting reality. :)

Over a quarter mile, with the speeds bikes reach, air resistance is very important. So outright power (not just power to weight ratio) makes a larger difference than it might otherwise be expected to. That's also the CBR650F, not the CB650F - the fairing might be helping. I didn't realise youse don't get the nekkid version!

It's really hard to beat the sound of that 270 degree firing interval; it's the reason I ride a V-twin! The Honda sounds sweet for a flat-plane four, though, because of the unusual exhaust layout adding some much-needed character. I imagine I'd prefer the -07 overall as well (I even seriously considered one for myself, but wanted a smidgen more poke.)

1. Vast number of fixes on 3D Bikes: custom parts, textures, materials
  2. Physics tweaking on three bikes: Honda RC30, Honda RC45 and Yamaha FZR750 OW01
  3. Added the option to replay intro movies of bike categories
  4. Online starting grid menu no more remains during race
  5. Visual and physics tweaking for many DLC bikes
  6. Online stability improvements

X360 version also gets achievement fixes.

New DLC packs on their way as well: "Top bikes of 2015" in two parts.

Installing update now...
EDIT: 4.78 Gib on PS4 :eek:

Last edited:
Since the game hasn't been released in the USA, I wonder if this patch will be ready to go on September 30th.
I should think this new version will already be on the US disc, yes. The question is whether the update is solely due to the US release (and the game would otherwise have been abandoned), or the delayed US release is due to the need for a sizeable update!

Either way, I hope this is because Milestone decided to take the time to do it properly; not so cut-and-run any more? The freedom of self-publishing might persuade me to say yes...

Don't put any stock in that Sept. 30th placeholder--it's simply the final day of the 3rd financial quarter. Games don't release on Wednesdays here.

I'm surprised they actually provided a patch for the XB360/PS3 versions. Honestly, I had kinda written this off as a glitchy game to pick up from a bargain bin someday, but that list of fixes has me reconsidering it. I trust from reading this thread that the riding experience is solid.

I'd kind of forgot about this game until I saw it was updating, maybe I'll get back in to it now I know they haven't just forgot about the game.

I downloaded the demo for the PS4 last night. I've recently begun a transition away from the 4-wheeled camp and am growing more fond of life on 2 wheels. This game is exactly what I need right now. I went to the options and made everything as realistic as possible. No aids, no traction control.

Exactly this haha, bikes really got into me the past couple of months. Altough this game has its flaws I really enjoyed the demo on Xbox One. Getting this really soon. The information on the bikes before a race starts is a great way to take my knowledge up a notch on bikes other than Ducatis

It's been awhile since I last played:boggled: Pop up is still there, physics may have changed. I like that we can now replay the introduction screens.

Bikes may be a little sharper, but still not too sure on this:)

I think the physics have been changed a little, but that could also because I was using an XBox controller when I usually use a DS3. The game crashed while loading the first race I tried, and then this.

2015-09-07_00003.jpg

It's only been a one off so far, but it stayed like that all race. Fortunately it wasn't my bike that was affected. I should have checked to see if the Diavel's grips would disappear when changing them. And if I can still black out everything.

Back