RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
Really enjoying this game.....did not really expect this.

CYNI_hIWQAAvKEG.png
CYNILHTWkAEYzKH.png
CYM9Lz3WsAAE13r.png
CYM2ZtZWAAA8FDS.png

Yeah, it really got under my skin again this week, for the first time since launch.

It's a shame the DLC was so weak. The MV Dragster and RC213V are the only standouts from the two packs, IMO. Adding slight updates to existing bikes for paid content was a heinous, lazy decision, IMO.

Yup, Milestone :( Mailed support several times, tweets....no replies. DLC I did not buy (yet).
Tried to find some onboard R7 vids, but no luck. How is the reflection when using helmet view? Really hate how they added the stupid windshield reflection :(

Some intense, fun racing on my Ninja 6R this evening.

24173570321_aea331d630_z.jpg
23631097093_e72d548624_z.jpg
24256110805_05245914a3_z.jpg
23888264729_6757d33511_z.jpg

Typical, I spent time composing the second shot and I failed to notice the interface was on show.

@Puzom - I'll try and get you a video of the R7 this weekend, so you can see all aspects of it.

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, because I missed the fact that this game is a digital-only release for last-gen consoles on this side of the Atlantic. I've been waiting to spot a copy and maybe pick it up used! :lol:

I have some spending money from the holidays so I think I'll go for it. 👍

EDIT: First impressions -- rough graphics, poor sounds, unbalanced difficulty, and long-ish loading times wrapped around a very solid handling model on some nice tracks. And there are certainly a lot of options and customizations to explore.

I started off on Pro handling with no assists right away and got a feel for it pretty easily, but the AI (medium difficulty) is hopelessly faster on straightaways no matter how much I reel them in on corners...

Last edited:
@Wolfe, agree. But Milestone never delivers top-quality :) Handling I do like a lot. For me the best sounding bikes:

- All GSX-r's
- Duc 1098r
- Honda CBR900rr
- Kawa zx7rr
- Honda SP1/SP2
- MV Agusta Senna Edition

Oh and don't use the quickshifter mod....makes the sound bad on all bikes, down shifting get's annoying sound.

I was reasonably certain I had chosen something competitive for my second cup, but the AI still outclasses me down straightaways even on Very Easy, while I was better than them in the corners on Medium where I started. I've got all the cheaper power upgrades equipped, but I fear I would be throwing money away if I finish upgrading this bike.

I suppose I should lower the difficulty a notch, build up some income, and collect more bikes to choose from to enable myself to find a balanced race with the "right" bike. Are most of the categories like this?

@VXR, any luck with the R7 vid? A pic of the onboard view of R1 and R7 is OK too :) Wonder what the reflection looks like. No R7 shot anywhere.....

I've been suffering with flu and a chest infection and felt so pants I've not been on the Xbox since Friday night. I'll likely go on tomorrow, now.

I was reasonably certain I had chosen something competitive for my second cup, but the AI still outclasses me down straightaways even on Very Easy, while I was better than them in the corners on Medium where I started. I've got all the cheaper power upgrades equipped, but I fear I would be throwing money away if I finish upgrading this bike.

I suppose I should lower the difficulty a notch, build up some income, and collect more bikes to choose from to enable myself to find a balanced race with the "right" bike. Are most of the categories like this?

I've noticed this too as I've started playing the game again, but I don't recall it being like this the last time I played it (which was a few months ago). I actually ended up max upgrading my bike trying to match them, and they were still leaving me for dead (mostly on the straights). I tuned my gearing to shorten them perfectly to suit the track, but I was still being destroyed on straights. And I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I'm no slouch.

My experience went from dedicated; to annoyed; to giving up; to trying again; to having a hissy fit; and finally deciding I'm not going to give Milestone the gratification of playing their game and shutting it off (which was stage two of the hissy fit). :P

I loooooove the RS250. Just needs some more power.

For the record, I have had this bike since I started the game pretty much and I just wish I could enter it in more races.

I loooooove the RS250. Just needs some more power.

For the record, I have had this bike since I started the game pretty much and I just wish I could enter it in more races.

I'll never understand having one stroker, but they found the time to offer the slight differences between the MT09 pair and the Honda Barracuda, that's minimally different to one of the paint options for the basic model.Sure, the modelling effort required was much less, but how lazy can you get?!

VXR
I'll never understand having one stroker, but they found the time to offer the slight differences between the MT09 pair and the Honda Barracuda, that's minimally different to one of the paint options for the basic model.Sure, the modelling effort required was much less, but how lazy can you get?!

As lazy as the DLC, perhaps? :lol:

VXR
That was just heinous. I only want the RC213 and Brutale Dragster, yet they only do them in full packs. Idiots.

Yeah, me too. Oh, and slightly the Yamaha MT-07 because it would be cool to have the correct year for my real bike (even though my bike is a 655, not a 689).

Latest Posts

Back