SEMA 2013 - People's choice award - Nov 5th

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 557 comments
I just got a reassuring message that we won't have to worry about that Baby Blue Vette ever again.

*uncorks the champagne*

RBRMark-ThompsonGetty.jpg
That's reassuring if true.

Wardez "took care of it". Now I want you all to start pooling your money so we can get him out of a jail... or at least a good lawyer.

Kidding. He told me that the Vette "didn't win". Didn't specify what it didn't win, though. But if it isn't winning, then it isn't in a future GT.

I just got a reassuring message that we won't have to worry about that Baby Blue Vette ever again.

*uncorks the champagne*

RBRMark-ThompsonGetty.jpg

Does that mean what I think it means?

Wardez "took care of it". Now I want you all to start pooling your money so we can get him out of a jail... or at least a good lawyer.

Kidding. He told me that the Vette "didn't win". Didn't specify what it didn't win, though. But if it isn't winning, then it isn't in a future GT.
#ThePeopleWinByNotWinning

I respect him for not announcing what did win. That's Jordans job :D

I uhh... checked my wallet. All I have is a 1980 quarter...

If any Corvette wins this thing is rigged. If a Rocket Bunny FRS wins, there is a god. And if the Liberty Walk Ferrari wins this will be the game of 2013.. However, I really hope that RWB is recognized by Kaz despite them being Porsche's.
Rocket Bunny FR-S FTW.

Okay, so the Corvette did win the Peoples Choice Award, but another car won overall.

I'll leave you guys to wait to find out what it is, or for Jordan to announce it. Clue: A later generation of the model is about to be introduced in the GT franchise for the first time.

What's the worst that'll happen? We're gonna die from it? If it wins the people's choice, it only wins that. Its not guaranteed it'll actually be in the game.

If it is, then avoid it at all costs (like some people do with the K cars).

Reliant K :P

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/hotnews/1967_chevrolet_nova_from_sema_show_2013/

There's no passing up a red muscle car, especially at the 2013 SEMA Show. That said, we couldn't hep but showcase this Glasurit Fire Red, 1967 Chevrolet Nova sitting in the Magnaflow exhuast booth. Owner Jimmy Shaw has always shared an affinitiy to the Nova; even owning a couple of them. However, this one couldn't just be a cruiser. It had to handle, stop and have the stance of some of our late-model favorites.

This Nova is not your run of the mill shoebox. Instead, it's sporting a plethora of one-off custom pieces and a powerplant to make any enthusiats envious. For power, this '67 relies on an LSX 376 fitted with custom valve covers and sheetmetal intake manifold. Of course, all that power runs through a TREMEC 6-speed transmission. To get this platfrom to hook and turn, Greening Auto Company (Car builder) applied a cure by adding in Detroit Speed and Engineering suspension on all four corners.
The Nova rolls on a set of large, custom GAC wheels while Baer brakes were added to get this thing to slow down and stop. Of course, that's not all either. Inside the cabin you'll a find a custom Paul Atkins interior and a variety of additional custom machined pieces including the steering wheel, shifter and pedals all. By far, this is one of the cleanest Novas we've seen in quite a while.

If what people said about PD's factor in choosing cars is true, yet again someone had a compelling story about their classic car.

The Nova was bought with the LS9 already in it as an abandoned project car. The images of them working on it seem pretty clean.

The Red Nova had a pretty interesting list of upgrades and a story as well, but I'm glad the Black one made it in, that looks better imo.

And we dodged a bullet with that Corvette, you guys. It has a "DUB" sticker in the rear window. Democracy at it's finest!

Back