Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
I really think Im right... two cable guys just been in my house changing the modem and one of them starts admiring my gear (wheel, PS3) and asks me if I play GT5... bla, bla, bla... he them says Im lvl 39 but dont play anymore since PSN is down... hes obviously a casual gamer just like the vast majority that play GT5...

So the patch will be up after the PSN

Not me, thats for sure and maybe not you but there are a lot of people dissapointed with the offline in GT5 and into its online features (Ill even bet 90% of the people that play GT5 do it online) and that during this period will search the web for news about the PSN and other racing games and they wouldnt want them to find out that theres a racing game out there alot better after a few fixes and that it is actually alot of fun in offline mode...
The kids might go... well lets try it until PSN is up then we go back to GT5... the problem is once they get acostumed to SHift sence of speed and crash physics, tons of tracks, car costumization, livery editor, etc, etc, etc... how the hell are they going back to GT5?

I really, really hope Im wrong but we will find out when the patch is up... if it is up before the PSN then Im wrong if not...

PSN being down has got to be killing the GT5 racers! SU2 is fun even without online but I do miss AutoLog.

I cannot understand why patch 02 has not been release world-wide - doesn't make any sense. At least if you don't have the patch yet you should be happy to know SU2 gets even better. Same with the Legends Pack, I am waiting patiently. Even though I cannot have it yet I am glad it WILL be available in time.

I really think Im right... two cable guys just been in my house changing the modem and one of them starts admiring my gear (wheel, PS3) and asks me if I play GT5... bla, bla, bla... he them says Im lvl 39 but dont play anymore since PSN is down... hes obviously a casual gamer just like the vast majority that play GT5...

So the patch will be up after the PSN

I think the opposite... they must be frantically trying to get PSN up to keep as many GT5 users as possible. The longer it is down the more racers will try to find something else to fill the time - Shift 2 is the best option out there and once they get a taste...

I think the opposite... they must be frantically trying to get PSN up to keep as many GT5 users as possible. The longer it is down the more racers will try to find something else to fill the time - Shift 2 is the best option out there and once they get a taste...

Yes, exactly so imagine Shift with the patch.... I rest my case.

EDT: In case you dont know the game has only been patched in the USA

Yes, exactly so imagine Shift with the patch.... I rest my case.

EDT: In case you dont know the game has only been patched in the USA

Yes, I have the patch and it has made a huge difference in the force feedback. The racing experience is so much better.

But even without the patch, SU2 would win over a large number GT5 racers. Those who think the world revolves around the GT series will never know what their missing!

The reason its been released in the US and not Europe is because (as we all know) Americans can't drive and need as much help as possible.No but seriously Americans can't drive:)

KDW
The reason its been released in the US and not Europe is because (as we all know) Americans can't drive and need as much help as possible.No but seriously Americans can't drive:)

Well actually my experience is that the worst drivers are the ones from the middle east/N Africa !

I've seen some crazy **** that I did not think was possible to do in traffic and it has always been a BMW driver who happens to be an Arab !

A VERY dangerous combination (For other drivers)

KDW

Trolls cant drive either, your arms are too short and you lack dexterity.

Does it work like that though? They already have the money from GT5 users so i'd imagine they couldnt care less if people can play GT5 online or not.

For those PS3 users in Europe who have your PS3 on a custom firmware and already have 1.01 installed, just install the USA patch from ps3 brewology, then ftp the 1.02 patch contents from game/BLUS 30580 into the 1.01 patch folder /game/BLES 01066, it will update to 1.02

Delete the USA patch after but make sure you delete the correct one (look at install date)

The game is so much better. 👍

How can I download it if I dont know the code of the USA game?

EDIT: sorry Ive seen the code but how exactly can I do that... since its not up anymore :(

For those PS3 users in Europe who have your PS3 on a custom firmware and already have 1.01 installed, just install the USA patch from ps3 brewology, then ftp the 1.02 patch contents from game/BLUS 30580 into the 1.01 patch folder /game/BLES 01066, it will update to 1.02

Delete the USA patch after but make sure you delete the correct one (look at install date)

The game is so much better. 👍

Great news.

BLUS30580 is not available anymore through brewology (1.01 only).

Can you please share the .pkg on a free site for download ?

Thank you in advance.

I used BLUS30580 yesterday, patch 1.02 38MB

I've just checked again and it's gone - there's only patch 1.01 up, so it must have had a problem for them to remove it.

Sorry, I can't upload as I'm on my mobile phone.

That just goes to inforce my GT5 conspiracy theory... Im really pissed with Sony

Does it work like that though? They already have the money from GT5 users so i'd imagine they couldnt care less if people can play GT5 online or not.

Not really, if they are releasing DLCs and stuff...

@Whistle Snap : can you do it when you get home? please...

Last edited:
I used BLUS30580 yesterday, patch 1.02 38MB

I've just checked again and it's gone - there's only patch 1.01 up, so it must have had a problem for them to remove it.

Sorry, I can't upload as I'm on my mobile phone.

Yes, if you can do so, I would be so happy to play tonight :)

Thanks in advance.

Yes, if you can do so, I would be so happy to play tonight :)

Thanks in advance.

Even if he is so kind as to upload the file is there any way to install it from a pen? or do I have to link the PS3 to my laptop in any way?

EDIT: my PS3 just froze again on the ring... if I get an YLOD Im buying an Xbox and a Fanatec.

There is no way to install them for un-flashed firmware PS3, fortunately, I've got 2 PS3s for both purposes, online and backup, testing new games. Looking forward for some 1.02 links coz they already removed 1.02 from ps3brewology. Thanks in advanced.

There is no way to install them for un-flashed firmware PS3, fortunately, I've got 2 PS3s for both purposes, online and backup, testing new games. Looking forward for some 1.02 links coz they already removed 1.02 from ps3brewology. Thanks in advanced.

I really dont understand what unflashed firmware PS3 is unfortunatly :indiff:

Yeah, it isnt worth to flash your PS3 just for a patch coz you will not allowed to log in PSN for online, there are still solutions such as using a proxy server to send a faked signal to psn authentic server to get you on PSN, but its already patched by Sony. Btw, PSN is still down, flashing your PS3 if you have 2 PS3s, or just wanted to play offline.

This is what I was waiting for to get my copy of shift 2... grabbed on up off ebay for $32 new and never even bothered playing pre patch version.

This lovin it! Throwback to my old TOCA days!

Back