Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
I am on the xbox version (since they ruined the PS3 so badly) and whatever they did to the latest update has ruined this game for me!!! i am using the Fanatec GT2 wheel with clupsport pedals and there is now no weight to the wheel and the ffb has been toned down so its hard to feel what is happening to the car.... These guys who made this game are really coming across as amateurs:crazy:

o what is going on still no patch in uk using american account does not work getting so frustrated just want to use ps3 dfgt and shift 2 with out feeling on the edge all the time and the ffb kicking out lets hope we see it tommorrow

i read something about an old patch, not for shift, apparently it takes longer because of converting for our type of tvs and language issues in europe, hope so. no point in continueing career im learning tracks.

Since the v1.02 patch. I have for the first time attempted to complete the career mode.

Before the patch I would get so frustrated trying the career races/challenges, I refused to do them. Instead, I just focused on time trials in quick mode and AWD Gymkhana at the depot.

The only part of the career I had originally completed was the Time Attack series, a few D, C, B, and A races...and GT3. Only 19% completion...and I gave up on career.

I went back after v1.02 and started at the beginning re-doing my completed challenges and attempting new ones I had not tried before.

All I can say is...Amazing. Flat out, Un-tainted bliss. I have since completed more then half the career mode and can't wait to head back for more.

Going back and racing the Stock D and C vehicals was life changing. Haha. I spent alot of time on the slow cars and when I progressed up to the modified B and A cars I was driving them 100% better then before. My actions are more mathoticle and controlled.

The latest patch made driving in Shift 2 so much better, but once you go back and retrain yourself at the pace of the career. You really get a sense of how much has changed since the release of the game.

I suggest you all re-attempt the career when you get the patch.

I actually starting doing this last night. A night and day difference. I actually plan to keep going back until I progress every car to A class that I can. This will extend the life of the game big time if you use all the cars in the game. The fun part is tuning them to our liking. The cool part is settings can be per track. The great part is that this game is very deep, very fun, and now with the patch, the best console game available right now. It didn't take 5 years to make this game and with the time frame it did take, we got great results.

tribolik
Makes no sense - everygame Ive had patched it was at the same time (GT5, F1 2010, TDU2)

That mikes no sense but a vast left wing conspiracy to prop up the survival of GT5 does? Yeah ok.

Just got the game. Like it. But I tend to oversteer because counter-steering has force feed back. wtf?

So is it out in Europe or not? So that I hook up my PS3 to the internet....

That mikes no sense but a vast left wing conspiracy to prop up the survival of GT5 does? Yeah ok.

Are you stalking me??? kidding...

I really hope you are right but if the patch comes out the same day or one day after the PSN it will be very hard for anyone to convince me otherwise...

This weekend I got friends at my place and 2 wheels to play GT5... eck it updated to v1.09

Could I be more disappointed? At least I was among friends because GT5 is boring as hell.

Still no patch for Shift 2 around here..

To Sony the GT series is their biggest console seller exclusive game (millions bought PS2 just to play GT4)
GT5 strenghness is in the online mode but poor offline mode.
Shift on the other hand is the opposite... great offline but not that great online (from what I read here)
Shift 2 has great track and car selection, good AI, livery editor, full car costumization, good damage model, great sence of speed and excitment, much better fun factor overall... but with a few minor very important issues - imput lag and freezing problems (not to mencion FFB but wheel users arent that many I suppose)
Even with all the bugs, after playing Shift 2 Im never getting back to GT5 and definitly will not buy GT6 on release (if I buy it at all) and I assume that the people that try it after patch will have more chances of sticking with Shift 2 for the offline than come back to GT5 (not hard to figure that out when the game itself doesnt have much sence of speed and excitment.)
PSN is down so no online gaming
USA is less than 1/5 of GT suporters
Europe and the rest of the world is more than 4/5 (Europe alone is more than 2/3)
Patch 1 was release at the same time worldwide and people start to enjoy the game a lot more.
3 days after the patch 2 was released on the USA there is still no patch in Europe.

So I do the maths and I get conspiracy... I really hope Im being very silly and wrong and that the patch will be up before the PSN is but I dont think that is the case.

I hope they really get it right for PS3... I'm desperally needing it for the 1st time since I play this game.

I have almost no weight on FFB driving SLS AMG around Spa :( because I have almost no weight of FFB. Works over rumble strips though :(

strtgng
Who cares about Kate, what was her sister wearing??? :)

I'll give you that mate, "she were bang tidy". :) gotta love 'celebrity juice'

I reckon we won't see 1.02 on EU PS3's until end of the week.

There's no conspiracy theory, or anything exciting like that, just plain bad luck and IT bureaucracy.

KDW
Yay the update is finaly up in the uk....
Had it on about 30-60 minutes ago and didn't have it up. Must have literally only just been put up when you posted.

Edit: Damn just put Shift 2 back on to check as well.

Back