Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
Had it on about 30-60 minutes ago and didn't have it up. Must have literally only just been put up when you posted.

Edit: Damn just put Shift 2 back on to check as well.

A lot of people on the official EA forum are convinced that the patch was released several days ago, and are claiming all sorts of evidence as to what a big difference it has made etc etc.

What are your thoughts on this ? If you dont mind me asking.

Might be due to the FFB issues on the X360. I think it'd be possible that SMS/EA didn't realize that issue in time and are now not realising it to Europe before that issue is fixed...

The steering lag seem to be fixed on some but not all cars? the GT3RS and Lotus still stands out to be very weird.

Might be due to the FFB issues on the X360. I think it'd be possible that SMS/EA didn't realize that issue in time and are now not realising it to Europe before that issue is fixed...

The XBox has the 1.02 all over the world... the PS3 hasnt got it in Europe, so what does the xbox FFB has to do with the PS3 european patch?????

The XBox has the 1.02 all over the world... the PS3 hasnt got it in Europe, so what does the xbox FFB has to do with the PS3 european patch?????

Ah, okay, I just assumed the 360's patch wasn't out in Europe as well...

3:10 AM Australia Time, and its not up yet. But I suddenly found an amazing thing about v1.01. Because I wanted to make sure to check for available patch so I deleted v1.01 in Saved Data Utility, put on the disc, v1.01 patch popped up, downloaded and installed it. Ok, then I set my Steering lock to 540, the rest is about 0/50/0/50 ... and amazingly this v1.01 patch has no lag input as it was before! I just couldn't believe that because the lag was just there on my old v1.01 ... I don't know but perhaps they, EA, just 're-patched' the v1.01 I supposed.

I'm so happy with it now, just to let you guys know, so try it out, delete your old 1.01, and repatch it. I'm gonna testing the ffb and see how its going... will post the result soon.

Ok, I reattempted the career and after a few beginning races it's much better than the old v1.01 last few weeks, but there is still an issue with ffb. Its not being lost after the first race or restarting the race, but its much softer now, really soft ffb. You still can feel the grip, but its not strong enough to deliver the real feeling. Btw, I got someting to try when waiting for official 1.02.

3:10 AM Australia Time, and its not up yet. But I suddenly found an amazing thing about v1.01. Because I wanted to make sure to check for available patch so I deleted v1.01 in Saved Data Utility, put on the disc, v1.01 patch popped up, downloaded and installed it. Ok, then I set my Steering lock to 540, the rest is about 0/50/0/50 ... and amazingly this v1.01 patch has no lag input as it was before! I just couldn't believe that because the lag was just there on my old v1.01 ... I don't know but perhaps they, EA, just 're-patched' the v1.01 I supposed.

I'm so happy with it now, just to let you guys know, so try it out, delete your old 1.01, and repatch it. I'm gonna testing the ffb and see how its going... will post the result soon.

WARNING! DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE LE VERSION OF THE GAME.

I just did it and lost my LE events from the career mode (old vs. new, manufacturer showdown, etc.). Bummer - because they were my favorite events. Now I probably have to wait for the PSN store to get back up to get 'em back :ouch:

Besides, I don't notice any difference in terms of handling (at least not with a controller).

^ Sorry, my bad, its a mistake in spelling, delete your v1.01 in Game Data Utility. Make sure to recheck it by pressing triangle, information, if its size is about 35MB, so its the v1.01. Your saved game data is just about hundreds KBs to few MB.

^ Sorry, my bad, its a mistake in spelling, delete your v1.01 in Game Data Utility. Make sure to recheck it by pressing triangle, information, if its size is about 35MB, so its the v1.01. Your saved game data is just about hundreds KBs to few MB.

That's what I deleted, not my savegame. If you delete the gamedata, you lose the not just the patch 1.01 data, but also the LE DLC events (but strangely enough not the LE cars :ill: ).

That's what I deleted, not my savegame. If you delete the gamedata, you lose the not just the patch 1.01 data, but also the LE DLC events (but strangely enough not the LE cars :ill: ).

yes it was well know, if you delete it, you lost everything. It' like two weeks we are speaking about it:) How the hell you got the idea of delete the 1.01.
i lost it too, two weeks ago, and i don't think we'll recevie it back once online with th psn.

Well, I don't have that LE DLC installed, btw the handling turned out amazingly, significantly reduced input lag compare to my 'old' v1.01 last few weeks. It's not perfect, but acceptable, same as v1.01 on PC, the game is much enjoyable now. Hope this will be fixed on next patch.

I m starting to get seriously angry. Its not understandable at all that they leave all customers outside the US in total uncertainty whats holding up the patch that the players are eagerly awaiting.

First their customer service was great, now its getting on PD levels of frustration. A simple note in the news section the shift homepage would be all that they need to do, now they are just p*ssing everyone off. :grumpy: 👎

Well, I don't have that LE DLC installed, btw the handling turned out amazingly, significantly reduced input lag compare to my 'old' v1.01 last few weeks. It's not perfect, but acceptable, same as v1.01 on PC, the game is much enjoyable now. Hope this will be fixed on next patch.

I removed my 1.01 as well and reinstalled it but I don't notice any difference at all. Still very noticable input lag and very light FFB after the 1st race. I only got the game a few days ago though, don't know if it was even worse before that. :rolleyes:
Still enjoy the game even though this bug really ruins the otherwise good physics. Only thing that's impossible for me right now is drifting, really can't control the car like this.

About 1.02, it does suck that it somehow didn't make it to Europe yet but that's not even the main problem. Like FLX1981 said, there's no communication from EA or SMS about this patch problem at all. I can live with this input lag and crappy FFB for a while but I at least want to know why it's taking so long to get the patch live here in Europe while the US and all Xbox users already have it for a few days. Can't even find much about it on google, basically just here and some other site. Seems weird since Europe's pretty big and a lot of people probably have this game on the PS3. Really hope we'll get the patch this week though or at least a notice why it hasn't been released yet.

All I can say is...Amazing. Flat out, Un-tainted bliss.

The latest patch made driving in Shift 2 so much better (...) You really get a sense of how much has changed since the release of the game.

This. I've been playing for almost two hours (360 pad, Elite Hard) and I can't wait to continue tomorrow. The car goes just where I want it to go.

If I had to resume the patch in three words:

CONTROL. GRIP. FUN.

Found the solution for FFB dropping for x box users with fanatec wheels i posted a topic on the forums with the fix. Have fun and enjoy driving at it's best fellas.

So I'm in the US, Hawaii to be exact, and I'm not getting the update when I start the game. I'm currently running 1.01 on PS3 and I'm connected to the Internet. Anyone else in the US having problems getting the update?

I feel so bad for everyone in regions that have not yet recieved patch v1.02.

I'm a few days deep on v1.02 and I seriously can not pull my self away from this game.

My buddy came over today, he frequently uses a wheel and enjoys a one on one competitive lap battle (time trials/time attack) events on multiple games.

He played Shift 2 two days after its initial release, and was less then thrilled when he could barely get a near stock Sti around the track. His own personal car.

Today he stop by for a few hours and gave Shift 2 another shot, He could not believe the transformation Shift 2 has gone through. Having no problem making lap after lap with near perfect control.

4 hours, 3 tracks and 2 lap rocords later he was sold.

"Clearly this is not the same game".

magicaldog
EA or SONY should get their heads out of their asses and get to work so we can get this patch globaly !

Agreed, or just let us know what the hell the reason is why we havent had the update!!

Yeah they wanna force us to play GT5...:rolleyes::lol:

Not me, thats for sure and maybe not you but there are a lot of people dissapointed with the offline in GT5 and into its online features (Ill even bet 90% of the people that play GT5 do it online) and that during this period will search the web for news about the PSN and other racing games and they wouldnt want them to find out that theres a racing game out there alot better after a few fixes and that it is actually alot of fun in offline mode...
The kids might go... well lets try it until PSN is up then we go back to GT5... the problem is once they get acostumed to SHift sence of speed and crash physics, tons of tracks, car costumization, livery editor, etc, etc, etc... how the hell are they going back to GT5?

I really, really hope Im wrong but we will find out when the patch is up... if it is up before the PSN then Im wrong if not...

"To check update availability, go here and type BLES01066
http://ps3.brewology.com/psn/updater.php"

STILL only shows 1.01 here in Australia.

WTF ARE THEY DOING!!!!:grumpy:

Back