11414416853_3169f82a10_o.png

11414613265_91fbe1608c_o.png

updateHISTORY
11.29.13: Gallery creation.
12.06.13: 2 LATE.
12.09.13: Roadtrippin'.
12.10.13: Ghia baby.
12.17.13: 4REAL.

We took our little Mazda 2 Demio to Ronda for the release party, but it seems we were a bit late:

slipshots_2late_01.jpg

Update Info: Just something simple for now, as I've got some things to deal with out of town. But here we go...

Next time get there before the festivities are over with. :lol:

Looking forward to more. I do wonder why the cobblestone looks like it's covered in salt though...

s l i p S H O T S presents Roadtrippin'

_______________________________​

Update Info: Seeing the cover pop up in the list of modifications for the El Camino meant it jumped the line of cars that were waiting to be shot. It's had some slight work done and is now pumping out 520-ish horsepower, and - more terrifying to those skinny tires - about 650 lb-ft of torque. Stock comedy 2-speed still in there, too! Enjoy!

Love 'em. They're all awesomely toned with the color bursts through out, and the color on that El Camino is Lovely.

Lovely work there Slips. 👍
I prefer a crisper image with more contrast, but smooth warm tones like these are certainly a lovely sight. I like the transitions between yellow, red and magenta in the images. The colors really are the best part about these, but some excellent composition rounds the images off. I think my favorite images are the very first one and the last one. The first one because it's so simple. There's not much going on with the background, but the sun helps keep things interesting without detracting from the car too much.
The last one is just a great blend of soothing warm tones and crazy sideways action.

Awe. Some.

I've been waiting for some time for someone to shoot the El Camino with uhm... that thing on. And, MAN, I'm glad the first series of shots with it I saw were from you, SlipZ.

Loving the set.:drool:

s l i p S H O T S presents Ghia Baby

_______________________________​

Update Info: The XNR is a fantastic looking machine, and while Vermillion was certainly a striking shade, I thought it deserved a fresh coat of something more wild. In-Violet being the default colour of the Cuda AAR, it seemed like the perfect time to pre-emptively add that car to my collection :D.

Gallery Update: I've begun populating the first post, though I've run into a slight glitch with how the new board software deals with URL's around attachments. Anywho, expect the usual categories from my GT5 gallery to slowly start showing up. Enjoy!

@RetroGiant - Hope you're enjoying it so far ;)

@Terronium-12 - It's not salt, it's just leftover confetti and fireworks residue, honest!

@gtuned - Thanks - there's a lot of great old colours on the Elca actually, so I might have to pick up another one a few more 👍

@Apok - Always glad to get your detailed feedback :). I'll admit, the blown out low contrast look is probably a bit played out, which is why I got it out of the way now! ;).

@NBDESIGNZ, @zzz_pt, and @sparkytooth - Thank you all three :cheers:

@chromatic9 - Glad to see you around these parts. Those two are my favourites as well, but I couldn't pass up the sideways action...

@SMfan - Heh, I was so surprised to see it as an option, so I knew it needed to get a set ASAP before it spread like wildfire! I expect it to cultivate much the same sort of following the Lolvo wagon did in GT5.

@sems4arsenal - What gave it away? ;). I wanted something suitably scenic, and while it's not the best for actual racing, Matterhorn's backdrops work well without El Capitan around.

@anthaliscious - Isn't it? Nothing in GT5 looked quite like this; I imagine Matterhorn will prove supremely popular with Photomoders.

@The R!CE Guy - PD sure picked a great location, huh? Thanks!

Epic set Slip, seriously amazing shots. Some of the best I've seen yet in GT6. 👍

@SMfan - Heh, I was so surprised to see it as an option, so I knew it needed to get a set ASAP before it spread like wildfire! I expect it to cultivate much the same sort of following the Lolvo wagon did in GT5.

I can see it now..

"El Camino Bros"

yes.gif

Oh, you are sick you know that? That car/colour combination should be illegal! :P
Wild colour, but I'm glad you kept the brightness down. It keeps the images classy and calm(especially that last one), which is a really neat contrast with the car. I think this is why I like the first image the most. It shows off the cars styling well with the fin and the grille and the front lights... you know what it's an XNR ghia I don't need to go on. Excellent use of the bokeh. It keeps people focused on the car. There's already so much going on with it that there isn't enough time to think about no silly background!

The wheel picture shows off even more lovely bokeh. Nice simple image.

The picture with the steering wheel uses bokeh more extremely this time. I really liked it at first, but looking at it now there's not that much going on. Probably personal preference here, but like I said I liked the first image because there's so much going on with the car. There are so many details to look at and that goes for the wheel picture too. The interesting wheel design makes it great. So while I like the steering wheel picture, so much of it is blurred that I can't help but think it'd be a better image with more going on.

I get similar thoughts with the next image. This time the whole car is visible and as has been said before it's a fascinating design, but there's also a lot of road and dirt taking up image space. Maybe I'm just grumpy and don't like minimalism today? :lol:

The last image is excellent! It's like the previous one, but instead of the car being accompanied by gray road and brown dirt we get the cool mirrors with their calming symmetry and a bigger variety in colors. I really really like this one and did I say I like the first image the most? I actually like this one the most.
Or you know what, screw it I like both of them the most. :lol:

Nice to see you off to a flying start, been a while. I quite like your 2 Late shot and the RoadTrippin set is pretty nice also. I like the bright kind of sunshine haze look of them. Although it does blow out the whites a little. Still good though. 👍

Ghia Baby is pretty sweet. Nice compositions and the toning suits the car as some have said already. My favs are 3 & 5. 👍

This is what I call camera angles managed the efficient way, now I want to try this strange car into the photomode ;)
Totally agree with that. This "Giah baby" set is a guideline for composition 👍 the close shots especially are superb ! :cheers:

Looking good Slipz! It's nice to see some of the new cars we have to play with in GT6 - great first couple of updates! I'm really enjoying the warm, soft glowiness of the El Camino set - almost like light leaks onto film. I'm not even sure what the car in the other set is, apart from brilliant in that purple! Some nice, narrow depth of field stuff here - is it just me, or does GT6 have nicer bokeh than GT5? Aaah. As for me, I've been on holiday for the past week or so and will be stopping at the shop first thing tomorrow morning to pick up my copy of the game so I too can dive into all the new excitement! :)

Oh man, those are simply the best shots I've seen from this game. A real magazine quality and that's no exaggeration. I'm quite happy to keep taking shots that please me, but I'm man enough to admit I've got to up my game to feel I'm not cheating myself. Wow.

Always a pleasure to visit you gallery.
Graphic design + Photograph + Cars = Superb sets.

Liking you OP. I think I'll be doing something like that. My galleey will recieve it's first set tomorrow. :)

Great stuff Slipz - love the layout of your header post too. Wish I knew how to do that... I really like what you're doing with your editing. The subdued tones (with the exception of the first Ghia) and retro feel is cool - looks like you were able to fit your PS3 up to a Hasselblad 500C and make the magic happen. Your choice of first 3 cars to shoot cracks me up as well. Solid play. :cheers: Regarding the first Ghia shot, that purple would look amazing in any number of cars, starting with a 70's Vette. Great work as always brotha man.

Latest Posts

Back