So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
I remember pre-ordering GT5 a year before it's scheduled release date, which ended up being more like 2 years lol. It's not even worth listening to Kaz and his nonsense any more.

Shame it wasn't displayed on E3 but i'm sure we'll hear from PD soon enough , it's not like GT7 ceased to exist because we didn't see it yesterday. Maybe they'll organize their own event , Paris Games Week or Gamescom , let's see.

But i'm confident GT7 is gon be gud.

...Didn't Sony said "No" to Gamescom? :odd:

Hmm. Soooo then, is there any other motorsport-related happenings coming in next couple of weeks?

Keep yer eyeballs peeled at the Goodwood festival, boys and gals...

...Didn't Sony said "No" to Gamescom? :odd:

Hmm. Soooo then, is there any other motorsport-related happenings coming in next couple of weeks?

Keep yer eyeballs peeled at the Goodwood festival, boys and gals...
Why would they announce it at Goodwood? I would think it would be released at something bigger.

Watch a few weeks later, if there is no announcement.

There was no announcement yesterday and we're not whining here , you're the only one talking about that. If you're going to be on this thread try to contribute the conversation rather than judging other people.

There was no announcement yesterday and we're not whining here , you're the only one talking about that. If you're going to be on this thread try to contribute the conversation rather than judging other people.
Holy Tartar Sauce, Calm down man. I was staring an opinion, yeesh

To answer the headline: I expect to see a polished version of GT5 and GT6. It will still be a huge amount of "standard"-cars (hopefully not with PS2-graphics this time), too many Japanese road cars and horrible engine sounds.

Jokes aside, does anyone really think GT7 will be as popular as the previous versions? I mean, Assetto Corsa will be on the PS4 at the time GT7 is out. We already have Project Cars (a bit more arcade than GT, but still). What do GT7 have that the other two don't? Nothing important in my opinion. If I would like to test drive 50 different versions of the Honda Civic, sure GT7 would be perfect, but GT7 will be a game for GT-fans (like myself), not simmers on PS4 or the general public.

To answer the headline: I expect to see a polished version of GT5 and GT6. It will still be a huge amount of "standard"-cars (hopefully not with PS2-graphics this time), too many Japanese road cars and horrible engine sounds.

Jokes aside, does anyone really think GT7 will be as popular as the previous versions? I mean, Assetto Corsa will be on the PS4 at the time GT7 is out. We already have Project Cars (a bit more arcade than GT, but still). What do GT7 have that the other two don't? Nothing important in my opinion. If I would like to test drive 50 different versions of the Honda Civic, sure GT7 would be perfect, but GT7 will be a game for GT-fans (like myself), not simmers on PS4 or the general public.

I think some underestimate the number of GT fans , GT is still very popular. Also that would be a reason for Kaz to actually start working on something for once. :lol:

I expect they'll reveal the game officially either late this year or early next year depending on when they're ready to release the game. It'll also be revealed in similar fashion to the way GT6 was revealed. The reveal will most likely happen a few months after GT6's course maker is released.

That's solely my amateur speculation on the game.

Yes GT has a number of fans, how many will still be around for the next installment is another matter.
There are new and forthcoming driving games for GT to compete with, plus these games are evolving and people would like more variation. PD and Kaz do have good and unique ideas, VGT for example, but do not seem to know what to do with it.
For me, and from reading posts I'm not alone, there needs to be more ability to make each time of playing the game unique. Things like livery editor, design your own championships and events offline and online etc would keep a certain freshness every time you switched the game on and in a way making your own game. If GT were to do things like this it would go a long way to being a number one game.
Personally I want GT to be my first choice and a success, but GT6 was so disappointing and a let down that I've lost faith with them. Here's hoping GT7 is a massive step forward.

There was a period of only about 6 months between GT6 reveal and actual release right?

Might not see it until next years E3...

OK... back to waiting for CM.

There was a period of only about 6 months between GT6 reveal and actual release right?

Might not see it until next years E3...

OK... back to waiting for CM.
GT6 was revealed May of 2013 at Silverstone, game released early December 2013. Just over 6 months.

The decline of the game between GT4, GT5 and GT6 suggests not.
PS2 and PS3 GT games suggests so. Seriously though.

Then here we are with the PS4 and PS greater than great. We're entering uncharted territories. Oh yeah...

But think about it. PD couldn't even implement heat haze in using the PS3 when they were able to with the PS2. Yea, no time change in PS2 GT games, but PD were working on it for a console that could feature truly life-like visuals.

Clarify: it wasn't possible to implement heat haze in GT on the PS3. If anyone thinks they could have (theoretically speaking), what effect would that have had on the oh so terrible frame-rate problems? The texture issues? Aliasing? Overall visual quality of the games would have suffered.

You say Kaz lost his way, then fair enough (in your opinion). IMO, he did what he could do with what he was given. GT1 from '92 to '97 could not have been replicated with GT5 on the PS3. Limits. The PS4 on the other hand... what has been seen these past 19 months? What have developers shown and proven what the PS4 is capable of?

Last edited:
@gtracedriver1

And a Holiday 2016 release wouldn't be terrible. Patience, people. Three years for a game of this magnitude and purpose is nothing. GT5, GT6 aren't good enough? Improvements are expected, but you can't say these past GT games are simply campaign/single player/20 to 40 hour gameplay experiences. PATIENCE.

Unless they blame the sales numbers from GT6 on not enough time to hype properly, in which case they won't want to make the same mistake.

Maybe here and then a year of hype.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ts_2015_Gamescom_gala_to_Paris_Games_Week.php

The problem for GT6, it was not announcing the game a few months before its release but releasing the game after the PS4.

And frankly, stop believing that sales have been catastrophic. Given the situation, it's still a very beautiful figure.

So, If everything is fine, in 2016, we will have :

- Uncharted 4 - early 2016 -
- Ratchet & Clank - early 2016 -
- The Last Guardian - 2016 -
- Horizon - 2016 -
- Gran Turismo 7 - probably holiday 2016 -

I wonder if Sony will throw all their game next year :eek:

Last edited:
The problem for GT6, it was not announcing the game a few months before its release but releasing the game after the PS4.

And frankly, stop believing that sales have been catastrophic. Given the situation, it's still a very beautiful figure.

So, if all goes well, in 2016, we will have :

- Uncharted 4 - early 2016 -
- Ratchet & Clank - early 2016 -
- The Last Guardian - 2016 -
- Horizon - 2016 -
- Gran Turismo 7 - probably holiday 2016 -

I wonder if Sony will throw all their game next year: o

I don't and never will agree with you on that. You keep believing what you want on that. I don't care.

As for sales, PD have not added their sales for GT6 to http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html and YOU have failed to provide proof that the sales have been anything other than terrible.

PS2 and PS3 GT games suggests so. Seriously though.

Then here we are with the PS4 and PS greater than great. We're entering uncharted territories. Oh yeah...

But think about it. PD couldn't even implement heat haze in using the PS3 when they were able to with the PS2. Yea, no time change in PS2 GT games, but PD were working on it for a console that could feature truly life-like visuals.

Clarify: it wasn't possible to implement heat haze in GT on the PS3. If anyone thinks they could have (theoretically speaking), what effect would that have had on the oh so terrible frame-rate problems? The texture issues? Aliasing? Overall visual quality of the games would have suffered.

You say Kaz lost his way, then fair enough (in your opinion). IMO, he did what he could do with what he was given. GT1 from '92 to '97 could not have been replicated with GT5 on the PS3. Limits. The PS4 on the other hand... what has been seen these past 19 months? What have developers shown and proven what the PS4 is capable of?

When I say "game" what I mean is the one player GT mode and maybe Arcade mode. I don't mean anything else. GT6 has the best physics of the series for example but that doesn't make it the best game.

The sand box mechanism of GT1,GT2 and GT3 which gave complete freedom to race in any event you wanted after beating the licences are, to me, much better that what happened in GT4, GT5 and GT6. Each of which has been worse that what came before it in that sense.

Last edited:
I don't and never will agree with you on that. You keep believing what you want on that. I don't care.

As for sales, PD have not added their sales for GT6 to http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html and YOU have failed to provide proof that the sales have been anything other than terrible.

This site has not been updated since March 2013....

gif-enerve-pfff-img.gif

In short, let

In short, let

That's exactly the point being made. PD were very, very good at updating that information every six months or so in the past, not to mention supporting it with press releases giving sales figures and how impressive they were (and they were).

That all stopped with GT6, as such its a reasonable inference that this change of approach indicates that sales of GT6 are not as impressive as previous titles.

gif-enerve-pfff-img.gif

In short, let

Thank you for the insulting gif. When was GT6 released again? Oh yes 2013.

What part of if they update that page they would have to add GT6 sales to it don't you get?

Now YOU work out why they haven't added the sales.

Thank you for the insulting gif. When was GT6 release again? Oh yes 2013.

What part of if they update that page they would have to add GT6 sales to it don't you get?

Now YOU work out why they haven't added the sales.

More precisely: December 6th 2013 :dunce:

Back