Sony Reveals PlayStation 5 Console

So they don't want to make a profit, but just want (say) 75% market share of the console market and doesn't matter how much it costs them ?

Find that very hard to believe. Companies generally like to make money.

You have to understand that MS decided from day one way back 20 odd years ago that to enter the console market they had to be prepared to lose masses & masses & masses of money. And 20 years later their even more committed to the cause than they have ever been. The first Xbox was a complete loss leader, they didn't make a penny. The 360 was geared up to make money after a few years but then they shot themselves in the foot with RROD claims. We all know what's happened with XB1, yet they are still here, still trying. Sure they want to make money in the end, but the point is they have an extremely long end game & seemingly are prepared to continue throwing extreme amounts of money at it until in the end, total dominance. Im glad they are doing what they are otherwise we would have just one choice.

Last edited:
Well i for one, don't feel to support Ms, since they have such a strong back, better they stay just a competition to Sony.
Plus their hardware hasn't been all that great, with the 360 i had to buy 3 or 4 even cause of that rrod, plus i don't think it's a given at all that they have a stronger hardware even now.
Sony after all is a quality hardware producer since long.

And most importantly, for me they are pitifull as a game producer, maker compared to Sony.
Sony has way too many nice games and focus on that and also on single player more, which suits me.

Plus all the ******** of Ms pr...
Oups looks like i used a bad word hehe sorry then.

Well i for one, don't feel to support Ms, since they have such a strong back, better they stay just a competition to Sony.
Plus their hardware hasn't been all that great, with the 360 i had to buy 3 or 4 even cause of that rrod, plus i don't think it's a given at all that they have a stronger hardware even now.
Sony after all is a quality hardware producer since long.

And most importantly, for me they are pitifull as a game producer, maker compared to Sony.
Sony has way too many nice games and focus on that and also on single player more, which suits me.

Plus all the ******** of Ms pr...
Oups looks like i used a bad word hehe sorry then.

Hey Ripper,

While I do think the days of shoddy hardware is behind them I had a 360 RROD on me it was so disappointing but then again unsurprising considering how hot it ran. Don't get me wrong I prefer Xbox * but it wouldn't be good for either to completely dominate, healthy competition is the thing we need for us gamers :) But there again it's because of Sony's massive lead this gen that's pushed MS to come back fighting starting with the XB1X & back compatibility, improving old games frame rates & resolutions etc & this is set to continue into next gen with HDR applied to games that didn't have it & doubling of frame rates etc. I think the future is bright for both companies, hopefully PSVR V2 is coming, I'm surprised they didn't mention/reveal it the other day.

Edit: * at the moment !

Last edited:
If u squint...u can see the evolution.
1920px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg
20200611_183230.jpg

XSX launch title will be Halo Infinite, while biggest title on PS5 at start will be Spider-Man standalone add-on, so yeah, XSX launch lineup will be stronger. Forza 8 and GT7, most likely come next year, same with Horizon 2 and Fable.

Agreed. However I do feel that Forza will be a launch title. Its right in the typical release window for Forza as well and they stopped a release last year. I think it and Halo will spearhead the Xbox launch campaign.

Yeah. And as we've established, both companies will make losses on the hardware. So where do you think the profit is coming from? The games, the services etc. Which I have also explained in my reasoning.

Thats no relevation, its been that way for years. The point is if you loose so much on the consoles, you've got to make more out of the games, as I pointed out earlier but you've completely missed.

If your theory is correct, why not sell the SeriesX for $1 ? in an instant they'd achieve market share, job done. Right ?
No, of course not.

Thats no relevation, its been that way for years. The point is if you loose so much on the consoles, you've got to make more out of the games, as I pointed out earlier but you've completely missed.

If your theory is correct, why not sell the SeriesX for $1 ? in an instant they'd achieve market share, job done. Right ?
No, of course not.

I havent missed any of your points. You've reworded the points I'd already made. Of course they won't sell it for a dollar.

I'm done trying to show you reason as you seem to be refusing to take any of the points seriously.

Agreed. However I do feel that Forza will be a launch title. Its right in the typical release window for Forza as well and they stopped a release last year. I think it and Halo will spearhead the Xbox launch campaign.
AFAIK, they don't want to release more than one big exclusive at time, my guess is that Forza will be out Spring 2021

AFAIK, they don't want to release more than one big exclusive at time, my guess is that Forza will be out Spring 2021

Hopefully the July event will enlighten us .

I think if they do more than one big exclusive it will be Forza and Halo. Not everyone will be interested in one or other so it would be a good move to shift more cknsoles. But who knows, FM5 was an Xbox One launch title but Xbox 360 didn't get a Forza for nearly 18 months (did get project gotham racing though).

I would personally hope for a Forza launch title. Likewise I would hope GT7 to be a PS5 launch title but I think thats wishful thinking.

I hope both Sony and MS take a huge hit financially if needs be to keep the retail prices down, and make their money back on the selling of games and subscriptions to their online services, as I buy few games and don't subscribe. ;) :lol:

But seriously, I know there are many markets around the world, but the big three usually compared, $, € and £, then the usual will probably happen, the $ price will be replicated in €'s and £'s.

For example, how 500 of the various currency's compare,
$500 = €442 and £397
€500 = £450 and $566
£500 = €556 and $629

I know the US prices can be altered by taxes in various states at different levels, but when you just see the prices next to each other, if you are in Europe or the UK, you feel that you are getting ripped off. I dread to think what Canada and Australia/New Zealand will have to pay in comparison. :eek: I'm sure there may be places where they will pay way more compared to other countries for various reasons. No doubt around that type the effects of Brexit will start to kick in, and who knows how much in comparison to the US or Europe the UK price will be. :eek:

Whatever the prices of the consoles, I can't see the digital version(s) being within 70 of whatever currency ($, € and £), and maybe 100 -150 difference, even though the actual cost of a Blu-ray assembly may be nowhere near any of those values. Part of that with be the mark up, but also the encouragement to users to buy games digitally.

With regards to the size of the PS5, if the estimates are accurate, that is one big machine! I had on a few occasions the need to move the original PS3 to my mother's house over holidays, and that just about fit in the backpack. I'm not sure this PS5 would fit. :confused: Hopefully it will be lighter, even if it is physically taller. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I still feel FM8 will be a launch title. I see no reason why it can't launch alongside Halo. Both franchises can bring in two sides of buyers (even both), which can gain MS more sales for the new console.

Anyway, FM8 will hopefully still be a launch title, and I'm sure MS and T10 knows this too.

Nah, I still feel FM8 will be a launch title. I see no reason why it can't launch alongside Halo. Both franchises can bring in two sides of buyers (even both), which can gain MS more sales for the new console.

Anyway, FM8 will hopefully still be a launch title, and I'm sure MS and T10 knows this too.
First of all, MS dont need to sell XSX to XO and XOX owner, cause they can sell them same games and servises. Keep in mind, that all first party titles in 2020 and 2021 will be crossgen.

Second, we dont need another pathetic halfbaked launch title(I look at you - FM5).

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent missed any of your points. You've reworded the points I'd already made. Of course they won't sell it for a dollar.

I'm done trying to show you reason as you seem to be refusing to take any of the points seriously.

No I haven't reworded any points you've made. You've completely misunderstood what I've said, but as you're unable to grasp it I agree will leave it there.

Keep in mind, that all first party titles in 2020 and 2021 will be crossgen.
My point exactly. Like you've just said, ALL first parties will be cross gen from 2020 to 2021. So regardless, FM8 can still launch alongside Halo Infinite on XSX and even the XB1 if MS wanted it to.

Second, we dont need another pathetic halfbaked launch title(I look at you - FM5).
Guess what, if FM8 does launch this year (which I'm sure it will), it can potentially be cross gen and take almost all of what T10 has been building off of since FM5 for almost three years.

And no, I seriously doubt it will launch in the same state as FM5 back in 2013. THAT game was rushed out the door to make it for the launch window of the Xbox One, which looked to be built from the ground up. So glad we're off of the whole two year development time, because clearly that wasn't enough for T10 to finish anything.

So no, I don't think we will see this 'pathetic half baked' title you're thinking we will have for 2020, unless it was something really BIG T10 was making all this time, but I highly doubt that. Another can be COVID-19 that could delay the new game, but I hope it doesn't stop T10 from releasing it in time for the XSX launch window.

So sit back, relax, and be ready for when we eventually see FM8 at Xbox's event in July. Chris Esaki wouldn't have said we would have more news about the next Forza (which is already playable) in 2020 for nothin'. :sly:

You and I don't know what's going on with FM8. The devs haven't said a word about the new title yet, so let's be need to be patient, yeah?

Last edited:
First of all, MS dont need to sell XSX to XO and XOX owner, cause they can sell them same games and servises. Keep in mind, that all first party titles in 2020 and 2021 will be crossgen.

Its hardly gonna be half baked with a 3+ year development cycle as one of the lead microsoft studios. FM5, personally I found to be very enjoyable. Graphically arguably better than FM6. With the horror shown of the XBX launch build up they had to push it to be a launch title. Some content got dropped sure, but it was added for free.

GT7 I feel needs to be a launch title as well. But it won't be, we'd know, the trailer would have had it. I fear the worst in terms of that release.

Well, both of you drop my main point - Ms want to sell as many subscriptions as they can, and there isn't any reason to release 2 main titles at once. Best choice will be release first party title every 2-3 months and capitalize on current gen which will be dropped by Sony(look at how they make stand alone addon for PS4 PS5 exclusive).

Well, both of you drop my main point - Ms want to sell as many subscriptions as they can, and there isn't any reason to release 2 main titles at once. Best choice will be release first party title every 2-3 months and capitalize on current gen which will be dropped by Sony(look at how they make stand alone addon for PS4 PS5 exclusive).

Which is fine if 100% of people were interested in Halo or Forza or whatever they launch. The point we're making is theres enough fans across multiple genres to sell both. I couldn't given a toss about Halo, and I'm not the only one, likewise there are plenty of don't care about Forza. You have to have a launch lineup that will appeal to your whole fanbase.

The only games I can see that won't go toe to toe is GoW and Halo.

Last edited:
No. I think you're dropping our main points.

There is every reason to release both Halo and Forza together on the same console, since both target different audiences. If this were Halo and GOF, THAN it would make sense not to release both since they're both shooters as @MagpieRacer explained which it true.

Forza however, is a racing game. It would be such a smart strategy for MS to release both Halo and Forza on their new console if they want to 'sell as many subscriptions' as you put it. It's just a better strategy and that is a fact.

Price leak alert. Naturally it could be wrong and subject to change but Amazon listed the PS5 with a 20 November release and a €499 ($550, £450 or thereabouts) price tag, €399 for the digital version.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...on-5-price-and-release-date-leaked-by-amazon/

Meanwhile, unconfirmed leaks are suggesting the Xbox Series X will carry a $400 price tag with the rumoured Xbox Series S coming in at $200.

Price leak alert. Naturally it could be wrong and subject to change but Amazon listed the PS5 with a 20 November release and a €499 ($550, £450 or thereabouts) price tag, €399 for the digital version.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...on-5-price-and-release-date-leaked-by-amazon/

Meanwhile, unconfirmed leaks are suggesting the Xbox Series X will carry a $400 price tag with the rumoured Xbox Series S coming in at $200.
Considering how tight-lipped both MS and Sony have been up till now, I would take most leaks with a pinch of salt. And if they are coming from either company in some way, may be testing reaction to different prices. Whatever they may have planned has been affected by the global 'situation' atm, and there will probably be some scrabbling at both company's to work out what the economy will be like at release to maximise what they can charge without affecting expected sales. ;) They'll need to sell machines pretty steadily at the beginning to stimulate games sales and subscriptions, which is where they will claw back money they may lose on sales of the console (if indeed they do this time ;)).

If true, good that they are producing machines well in advance. :) It may be the first console to not have shortages when it was released. ;)

That said, the lack of PPE and social distancing could close, or at least slow that factory down if people get sick. :rolleyes:

I cannot fathom how that could be the PS5, it looks like a flat, square box. Even at that angle, you should see the curves. The right side should curve in, surely.

I cannot fathom how that could be the PS5, it looks like a flat, square box. Even at that angle, you should see the curves. The right side should curve in, surely.
A straight-on photo, without proper lighting will do that.

I think the allegedly big size, the logo position, the colour, etc. actually matches the official images.

Also, a better quality photo actually hints at some curvature towards the edges, I believe:

McOCkAP.jpg

Does kinda look real, the picture is poor quality and the lighting has made it look flat but you can see the curvature at the top right. Using Photoshop the colour sample gets darker as the case curves outwards creating a slight shadow.

PS5.jpg

I'm unsure why would anyone go to the trouble of faking a picture of a console we've seen and already have rough sizing of, we know its massive :lol:. Also it's almost certainly already in production so it's plausible.

Last edited:
Even if it isn't real, it's not a stretch that the size may be close to the actual size. It looks roughly PS3 sized. It's all relative. These aren't exactly the tallest people.

Back