Spyro Reignited Trilogy Discussion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTvsForza, Apr 3, 2018.

1. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

Account is one of the few followed by the official Crash Bandicoot one. Hype train is leaving the station finally!

3. rallymorten

rallymorten

Ah, I see the rest of GTP has decided to join the fun. What took you?

4. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

Well Spyro has been teased so often in the past and it's come to nothing hence my previous scepticism at least. Ever since the success of Crash last year it's looked much more promising and now it looks like there's a hype building campaign from Activision themselves (twitter accounts/eggs to gaming sites).

Wonder whether we'll get official news from PAX East which starts tomorrow. The 'well sourced' leak from Kotaku in February suggested a March announcement so it wouldn't be too far off, before properly showing the game at E3.

5. rallymorten

rallymorten

Regardless, I guess this is the place to post this sort of thing now.

In case you've played the original Spyro games, looked at the teaser above and thought "hang on, something seems familiar" but you can't quite put your finger on it, here's a spoiler:

..it doesn't really matter which one it is, the point should be clear.

Also the treasure hunt is up to 10 eggs as of the time of writing. Given that smarter people have apparently discovered that a total of 16 was ordered, well..

6. Huks

Huks Premium

Leaks abound! Courtesy of Amazon and a few other outlets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rallymorten

rallymorten

LKD has just confirmed it, so this is about as legit as it gets. Also apparently official announcement in about 6 hours, with PS4 release apparently on September 21.

I will say that the Sparx model looks a tad on the dopey side, but
    1. That's accurate to the original model so it's actually a positive
    2. Dat everything though. Remember that fanmade if-Spyro-was-made-today thing from a few years ago? That what this reminds me of.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    mthomas_95 and SPhilli911 like this.
  8. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I can't wait to relive 3 of my favorite games of all time.

9. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

Time to break out this old favourite

giphy(2).gif

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  10. rallymorten

rallymorten

11. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

*GASP* HeeeeeeEEEE'SSSS BAAACK! Yes, my wonderful, purple dragon is back! All of those gems, the gnorcs, and those dasterdly egg thieves are coming back! That's it, I'm getting a PS4 pro!

12. Nexus

Nexus Premium

If this is coming to PC, it'll be a day one purchase for me.

13. Lain

Lain Premium

Never played the originals back in the day, but those screens look really nice... i'll definitely give it a whirl, provided it eventually comes to PC or Switch

14. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

One of my my childhood favorites, some very good memories with these games. Flashbacks of the credits of the games flying through the levels. And the music. Or trying to 100% each game finding all collectibles. Can't wait to see a remake!

15. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

I love how Spyro looks like the earlier PS1/PS2 style like these two:
    [​IMG]

rather than this awful looking one...

[​IMG]

Sonygamer455 and Dylan like this.
  16. rallymorten

rallymorten

Let's talk about this new old Spyro design.

They've mixed it up a bit here and there (most notably the tail where it's no longer just a pointy thing with stripe texture) because the systems have more than enough power to do that now, but it's still unmistakably Spyro. Kind of like how he was slightly changed for both A Hero's Tail (most notably adding spikes on his back) and the Legend series (which was mostly just dialing back on the roundness his Hero's Tail design had) yet was distinctly Spyro.

Come to think of it, I see a little bit of every Spyro in this redesign.

Except for the Skylanders one. And I'd be lying if I said that was a negative thing.

ToyGTone likes this.
  17. rallymorten

rallymorten

Double-post for reasons of important.

I don't know where this originally came from, but someone's uploaded the leaked French version of the trailer to YouTube, and.. well, take a look for yourselves:

So yeah, I would put all of my money on the announcement + teaser officially dropping later today.

SPhilli911 and Dylan like this.
  18. Dylan

Dylan Premium

It's so beautiful! This will definetly be a day 1 purchase for me!

19. rallymorten

rallymorten

20. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

21. rallymorten

rallymorten

The Wait Begins Part II

20180405171017.jpg

Luckily for me, September 21 is a Friday where, if things continue the way they have so far, I'm off anyway. MANY HOURS IN WHICH TO PLAY SPYRO GAMES.

22. rallymorten

rallymorten

Here's a few extra goodies I would say qualifies for double-post worthiness:

First up, Toys for Bob have brought this piece on the PlayStation Blog (which was posted earlier but I'm bringing the original source here). It makes for an interesting read on its own, but they've gone ahead and sprinkled it with some humour and references. Not to the same extend as how NFS Payback tries to shoehorn itself into NFS canon, but just the right amount to lighten it up towards the end. It seems like they too really *are* passionate fans of all things talking, flying, firebreathing purple dragons.

Want more proof? In case you couldn't tell from the teaser, yes, that is Tom Kenny, and yes, he's returned to voice Spyro for all three games.

If all of this doesn't invoke confidence in the quality of the remake and go quite some way to redeeming TfB, I'm having trouble seeing just what can.

Snake55wildcat likes this.
  23. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I loved Spyro when I was a wee lad so I’m happy to see this happening.

Not sure how I’m going to pay for all the games coming out during that period though. :lol:

24. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Dunno if this was posted elsewhere, but Polygon has some screens with a slider to compare the original game with the remastered version. And damn am I impressed. It's going to be great to experience familiar levels (and each hub world) with a modern look.
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/5/17...ion-release-date-spyro-reignited-ps4-xbox-one

Article also mentions a "reimagined version of composer Stewart Copeland’s soundtrack" which I'm hoping isn't too far off from the originals. But Crash remakes also "reimagined" the music and that was well done.

Nexus and RandomCarGuy17 like this.
  25. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Those screenshot look amazing and wow, I'm glad they also are showing the later levels including Fricken tree tops. I grinned at the trailer when I saw the thief.

26. RisingStar

RisingStar

Couldn't be any more happy about this!

AJHG1000 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  27. Nexus

Nexus Premium

No PC or Switch version...that's strange, especially since the Crash trilogy is coming to those platforms. Hopefully those versions will be announced soon.

28. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Actually, it might possibly still come to the switch:

29. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I remembered playing the demo of the original from Crash Warped. And I think there was another Spyro demo hidden in Crash Bash that I loved playing.

30. rallymorten

rallymorten

Just in case anyone thought Toys for Bob got Kenny to reprise his role as Spyro and then decided that was good enough and hired b-list actors for the rest, think again: Gregg Berger is seemingly confirmed back as Hunter, Ripto and, presumably, all his minor roles too.

As for the rest of that IMDB list, I've yet to come across more "confirmation" on any of those.

Edit: I've only just discovered that, on April 5, Richard Tatum (aka the voice of Agent 9 and Bartholomew) confirmed his involvement as well, and with more roles this time. As for what those other roles are.. I mean, there's a grand total of 80 dragons to voice in the first game. It's pretty much a certainty both Gregg and Richard will do a few of those. Aside from that, though..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018