Standard Tracks Retain, Renovate or Remove?

• Thread starter ak101
  • 53 comments
As with the dreadful standard cars in GT5, there are standard environments used for racing that lack attention to detail in camparison with the Premium tracks. Should they remain, remodel or exclude in GT6?

Last edited:
I still can't tell one from the other. More tracks is good. I'd be disappointed if the lack of standard cars or tracks hurt either game.

As with the dreadful standard cars in GT5, there are standard environments used for racing that lack attention to detail in camparison with the Premium tracks. Should they remain or exclude in GT6?

The Standard/Premium division of cars was more than enough. If this division applies to tracks, I will not buy GT6.

The Standard/Premium division of cars was more than enough. If this division applies to tracks, I will not buy GT6.

It already applied to tracks for GT5. Unless people are blind, some of the tracks in GT5 were very obviously outdated models. I always point to Trial Mountain as a shining example of that, but tracks like Laguna Seca also look awful dated graphically.

See some tracks I can't tell how bad they are cause most looked bad except Madrid, London, plus the two SSR stages, and Tokyo route 246

Standard tracks? I didn't know of these.

All tracks looks very similar when it comes to detail. Some others look fancier like Kart Space, Route X and the Nurburgring time change, but they are all basically the same.

Honestly, I don't really care about the detail on the tracks, other than the 2D trees, cows, sheep and the monkey which look terribly out of place. Besides those tiny detail, I can't really notice it when I'm racing or even cruising.

standard cars were bad, but tracks are diferent, abd i think its pretty obvious those will be improved, maybe not all of them,

Alright play GT4 and then come back to GT5 now you'll see those tiny details stand out even if you wear sun shades.

Some minor upgrades to those "standard" tracks would be fine with me, IF the game is released on the PS3.

If it's released on the PS4, I would prefer a full rebuild.

I just want time change and weather for the real-life circuits. The fictional ones are a meh for me.

No...i don´t want to see low quality and "mismatched" content again.

All tracks should be as Nürburgring, Spa, Route X, Daytona, Fuji, Susuka,Le Sarthe, BUT also all must include day/night cycles and weather as a standard function. Quite normal on every simulator in the market. (on PC at least)

Last edited:
No...i don´t want to see low quality and "mismatched" content again.

All tracks should be as Nürburgring, Spa, Route X, Daytona, Fuji, Susuka,Le Sarthe, BUT also all must include day/night cycles and weather as a standard function. Quite normal on every simulator in the market. (on PC at least)

So you are saying GT6 should not have laguna seca if PD decides their current version is subpar and don't have enough $$$ to go to the states and model it once again?

Of course "standard" (gt4) tracks have to stay. There's absolutely no way they will manage to remake all old tracks again.

Actually some might say even "premium tracks" have to be modified lots because in GT5 they are not a 100% representation of the real thing. For example youtube nordschleife: it's way off in some parts, and in general elevation changes are quite poorly done

Tracks in NFS Shift are better than in GT5 and the game was released before.. Stupid things like trees that arent flat and a crowd that isnt static and all look like cones really make racing feel more realistic, i mean 2D trees?
Standard tracks are really dissapointing, but i dont want PD to cut down the number of tracks though

So you are saying GT6 should not have laguna seca if PD decides their current version is subpar and don't have enough $$$ to go to the states and model it once again?

Of course "standard" (gt4) tracks have to stay. There's absolutely no way they will manage to remake all old tracks again.

Actually some might say even "premium tracks" have to be modified lots because in GT5 they are not a 100% representation of the real thing. For example youtube nordschleife: it's way off in some parts, and in general elevation changes are quite poorly done
Do you ever use the chase cam if you ever cruise around tracks? Do that for the Ring and remember to look back, rear view cam, whenever you think something doesn't look as it should. Hope you know what I mean.

I only play gt5 when there's new dlc, so I won't do it. Also I only use cockpit cam, which is how a comparison is made.

I only play gt5 when there's new dlc, so I won't do it. Also I only use cockpit cam, which is how a comparison is made.
By that logic, you can tell how good the physics are just by watching a replay. Love it.

You'll need different point-of-views and you said no. If you had a 360 degree view of the inside of the car, then what you said would make sense.

Will use chase cam when I can drive like that in real life.
Again, not a good job. In video games, perception is an S.O.B. to get right. Since you're only using one view to compare (and replays I suppose), it doesn't seem like you're being fair. If I only used chase cam and since you told me you only use the cockpit view, how can people who are observing these posts come to a conclusion if you're not being serious about it? Since I only use cockpit view for most driving and chase cam for the visuals, I've been able to tell the difference in elevation on most of the tracks.

Back