StepMania

hey everyone, yup setpmania... who is this great online drifter... anyways, back to subject.

There is no big clue behind it, other then PRACTICE !!!
For the heck of it, i got myself an M3 and went onto Fuji for drifting, and after 20 mins, i ended it with total 7th postion with 105** Points.

The settings of my M3 are completely untouched. Only changed i have made were max HP and Min weight possible and played with the gearing, but setup is completely stock!

Like mentioned above me, its all about the line of attack, the drift angle etc. Oh and the most imporant thing to get a long big pointer is the handbrake!

Chris (GTP_Chris)

Eh? StepMania is the subject, your going off subject!

damn it, you caught me :P well i know stepmania is the subject, so i was explaining that he doesnt have the be god of drifting, cause all that is required is practice.

I'm working on 1st position now at Fuji!

Chris

damn it, you caught me :P well i know stepmania is the subject, so i was explaining that he doesnt have the be god of drifting, cause all that is required is practice.

I'm working on 1st position now at Fuji!

Chris

What car and layout? (so I can push you to 2nd:dopey:)

Stepmania is an awesome drifter, good luck beating him.

I tried drifting. I'm pathetic.

stepmania is definately awesome at drifting. very smoothe and fluid. I also noticed with the ANGLE when getting too much you get very little points. I like drifting with lots of angle, and i make my own lines(usually very close to the grip/race lines), and i use N3 tires so i'm not getting as much wheel spin as the high rankers. i usually end up in the top 30 ranking on most of the cars i use. But i don't go for points. I just go for the lines that I personally would take, and just for the fun and joy of drifting. i love keeping the car sidways even on the straights when possible. :)👍

For those trying to top stepmania good luck and practice makes better! :sly:👍

haha nice try ;) Bmw M3 @ Fuji

Still stuck at 7th place...

Chris

Will try tonight...just got home.

EDIT : Hehe sorry but I just tried and got 4th :P I could probably get 1st if I try a bit more. Hum that means your now 8th place, one step further from your goal :) (in case you don't get this, it's a challenge)

EDIT 2 : 3rd now with 114**pts

Last edited:
I'm a bit sceptical about stepmania....yes he's got talent but to see where I'm coming from, go to his 599 drift at east suzuka and focus on the steering wheel.
I got both a controller (who doesn't) and a logitech wheel and I can't for the life of me get it to be that responsive.

Other than that, some of you are saying "yeah I saw him drifting once...." and so on......how can you? Is it in an online race or something? I'd love to do that if it can be done.

do i hear some Saudi drifting there? :P

haha i guess you can call it that, but all the Saudi drifting i've seen is in Toyota Camry etc (some type of rental car) with some extreme abuse of the e-brake. i'm talking more about Manji drift in a rwd the "propper" way ;)

-Robert

I'm a bit sceptical about stepmania....yes he's got talent but to see where I'm coming from, go to his 599 drift at east suzuka and focus on the steering wheel.
I got both a controller (who doesn't) and a logitech wheel and I can't for the life of me get it to be that responsive.

Other than that, some of you are saying "yeah I saw him drifting once...." and so on......how can you? Is it in an online race or something? I'd love to do that if it can be done.

I'm sure they mean drifting in an online race.

Perhaps he really is a bot set out by PD - but I think Stepmania is a real person. I'm not a drifter, but Stepmania is clearly the best-by-far and deserves a lot of credit. A flawed point system is a bad excuse as you're all being measured by the same yard stick.

Also, in response to an earlier post: Just because you can't be first / top, that doesn't mean you shouldn't take part. I get a lot of satisfaction out of breaking a certain point I deem to be my limit. I don't think I'll ever be as quick as the best time trialers, but I can get better and have fun competing with those around and just aboove me.

I wonder what type of wheel he is using. He's just too bloody quick 'manji'ing on 4th gear..He is not a human!!:sly:

He has too precise wheel angle to be using a controller. And his level of car control goes beyond the abilities of the controller.

He us a controller..watch the inside view...watch the wheel movements. If you watch very closely, he taps the wheel to correct sometimes....dpad user for sure. Can't do that with the wheel. Now don't get me wrong...he's really good, king of drifting for sure!

He has too precise wheel angle to be using a controller. And his level of car control goes beyond the abilities of the controller.

DO NOT doubt the ablilities of a pad user.... you should match up with rofajole the kids got a magic thumb i swear. Very well skilled with a controller he can drift with all of us wheel users any day any time.

On topic stepmania looks like he switches out from wheel to 6 axis depending on the track becuase if you watch some of the replays in dash view u can watch the wheel be smooth on some tracks and very un precise on others ;)

Who says Stepmania is one person? Could be a group of people (awesome drifters) sharing one account. Could also explain why some replays look like he's using pad and others a wheel. It can't be a bot by PD because Stepmania is a game (that I actually play). I highly doubt PD paid the company behind Stepmania just to name a bot after that game.

lol Stepmania being more than one person

EDIT: whoops pressed the post button early

Anyways yes the pad can drift with wheels all the time... aslong as you can drift :lol:

Shows you somethings, who needs a wheel to be King :embarrassed:

Well, i can't drift well at all on GT5 and i thought i was good on the NEED FOR SPEED games. Just shows me how real GT5 is.
As for Stepmania, he is really great. I think he must be a professional drifter. Bet he has secrets that he will never tell. I wish he would join GT PLANET.

DO NOT doubt the ablilities of a pad user.... you should match up with rofajole the kids got a magic thumb i swear. Very well skilled with a controller he can drift with all of us wheel users any day any time.

On topic stepmania looks like he switches out from wheel to 6 axis depending on the track becuase if you watch some of the replays in dash view u can watch the wheel be smooth on some tracks and very un precise on others ;)

HAHA thanks Asy, you still ain't gonna get away from losing to me. You are still my primary drifter to take out! lol jk

On topic, I also agree with Asy on this. Some, if not most, videos Stepmania's steering is not smooth at all giving me an idea he uses the controller. However, in some other instances he is extremely smooth.

Has anyone ever tried PM'ing him??

Last edited:
LOL i almost beat a few of stepmania's scores last night i was bored as hell and attempted noob trials aka drift trials. Only 340 points behind him in the s2k i know i can beat his time but my god d trials are so boring drifting by your self on n1's :S

its funny tho that everyone in this thread is drooling over stepmania. Insted they should be out trying to better them self and take him out ;)

LOL i almost beat a few of stepmania's scores last night i was bored as hell and attempted noob trials aka drift trials. Only 340 points behind him in the s2k i know i can beat his time but my god d trials are so boring drifting by your self on n1's :S

its funny tho that everyone in this thread is drooling over stepmania. Insted they should be out trying to better them self and take him out ;)

I can't disagree with that last statement. I have been practicing. If i could get in the top 100 i would be happy. Well now i have to go see if i can find one of your replays, or are you in the top 10?

stepmania does use a sterring wheel and he is one person but neko uses a game pad me i use logitech EX but he is an amazing drifter RESPECT

Back