suggestions for the next TT?

My point was that the GT and TT games are about racing up a qualifications ladder, in organized events, against (theoretically) similar machinery.

I wasn't saying in-game street racing is bad for people to do and leads to anti-social psychopathic behavior, I meant that that's not what these games are about.

My point was that the GT and TT games are about racing up a qualifications ladder, in organized events, against (theoretically) similar machinery.

actually i agree with this, but the front of my TT case has "the real riding simulator" not the real racing simulator. the games are calling themselves riding/driving simulators, why do they have to be limited to the race tracks?
i think it would add some excitement and variety that the series needs (both games). not as the main selling point like the before mentioned games, but as a extra feature.

like i said, i'm not a fan of the street race/fast&thefurious games of late, mainly because of the lack of realism, but also, the kind of image they set.
to me gran turismo, and to a lesser extent TT, will always be about racing, and settings/tuning despite what it says on the case :sly: but the races sometimes are just a little boring. on the other hand if the games turned into a drift everywhere, get away from the cops, win the other guys car and use the money for some 20in chrome monstrosity's for your "ride" i'd find something else pretty quick.
if this offends any NFS fans, or 20in chrome wheel fans i'm really sorry for the stereotyping, its just the way i feel.

even sticking to "organised events", road courses, without traffic, would still be a great addition, in my opinion.

Like WRC's Rallys? Hillclimb events? basically closed-off Public roads used for competition purposes?

By the By, wiht a thread like "Questionable Modifications," I don't think you'll have to worry about offending the DUBbers

Like WRC's Rallys? Hillclimb events? basically closed-off Public roads used for competition purposes?

yeah that too. imagine a race that has stages instead of laps. it personaly wouldn't bother me if they were real life or fictional roads but think of a high speed nevada course... or a tight twisting course in the rockies. a few minutes for each stage, multiplyed by 3 or 4 stages and it would still only take 10 or so minutes for a race, not too different from some of the races we have now.

the only problem i can think of is that with a lap race there is set scenery that goes past lap after lap, where as if your racing for 10+ minutes, the track is comparatively alot bigger. i imagine this shouldn't be a problem with the PS3 though

i know this is different to the closed off, official racing above, but i was also thinking of open roads with traffic wich in my opinion, would throw another angle at the game/games. Polyphony could use the same 3 or 4 stages i mentioned but with ripple strips and barriers removed, and use some of the bike and car graphics they already have to make traffic.
i am really not thinking of another NFS/burnout clone though. the original need for speed 1 (which was nothing like the newer ones in my opinion) had both race tracks and open road courses and i spent countless hours playing this, very few of wich on the closed race tracks.

maybe its a bad idea, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway, thats what this thread is for i guess. i also posted a similar thing in one of the GT5 ideas threads.

Record Races. Like the old English Rockers did back in the day. You'd pick a song out of the jukebox. As soon as the song started to play, you'd ride to a predetermined point (usually a roundabout) and back to the cafe, hopefully before the song ended. Of course this was unsanctioned street racing and very dangerous, but it could be part of a race challenge on a closed street course or a mission like on GT4.

Maybe PS4 will have enough memory for Targa Florio etc.
In my opinion the Project Gotham Racing had tracks done best so far. Closed circuits from real locations.

Hi all, new to the forum as of a few weeks ago and decided I'd post for once.

Record Races. Like the old English Rockers did back in the day. You'd pick a song out of the jukebox. As soon as the song started to play, you'd ride to a predetermined point (usually a roundabout) and back to the cafe, hopefully before the song ended. Of course this was unsanctioned street racing and very dangerous, but it could be part of a race challenge on a closed street course or a mission like on GT4.

That's not a bad idea, seeing as music is always in GT (and the TT) games, so they could find a way of using that besides background noise. You could pick a song, and see if you can race a certain course in the time it takes the song to play. Since songs vary in time, you'd be presenting yourself with a challenge by playing a shorter song....and if it's a good tune, you'll be doubly enjoying yourself. Then they could throw in some Rocker gear (more than what they had in TT) and some more Kaff (Cafe) Racers to make it more genuine.

You know, I always thought the inclusion of the 'Ring Nordschliefe was a monstrous track when it was placed in the GT series, but when it comes to bikes, the Isle of Man would be ridiculous (almost 40 miles of road for anyone who doesn't know) and I don't see why the PS3 couldn't handle a map of that size, with plenty of detail at that. That's something I'd like to see in TT2.

I'd also like to see little pet peeve things fixed, like rider's legs going through the bike's bodywork at times, and other subtle things like placing the foot far back on the peg when hanging off.

For big things, damage to make you race smart, and the inclusion of credits, days elapsed, and buying machines rather than just winning them and challenging for them (though I like the idea of challenging for some cars in GT, they should do that). Also, if you fall off your bike at 100mph, it's highly unlikely that you'd get up unharmed, and the damage to your bike would not let you finish a race. I know people might not agree with me, but I'd like to see that amount of realism in there. You dumped your bike, separated your shoulder, so you'll lose days if you happen to have a goal (i.e. beating the game in 200 days) and you'll have to pay to fix or replace your bike, take time to heal up, and have to wait til you're ok enough to race to start making money again. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy, but to me that'd be a good challenge and a hell of a lot of fun, and it would make you a much better (in-game) driver/rider, unless you wanted to be paying a lot to fix stuff.

TT2 should just be in GT5....then bikes vs cars....I tried it out @ e3 with the gthd demo...And I thought that it was the coolest thing:tup: ...I think the future of this game needs to be partnered with big brother GT...To be honest TT got a little boreing...

Oh and since the ps3 can handle it.... MORE OPPONENTS!

They should put in the Daytona road course and other places that host endurance races so that other endurance races besides Suzuka can be part of the track lineup for endurance races.

Wow, where'd you get that first high-res picture from? Very nice!

Anyways, some things I'd like to see in the next TT:

- Be able to switch rider position on-the-fly, instead of using the same position for every corner.
- A slow motion feature for the replays in Photo Mode.
- A rewind feature for replays.
- Make it easier to change bikes in Time Trial mode, rather than having to go all the way back to Garage to try a different bike.
- Display bikes in Garage when name is highlighted rather than having to click on it to view it.
- A clutch, similar to MX Unleashed. Which would also make it possible to wheelie bikes unable to power-wheelie.
- When doing a wheelie in "handlebar" view, have the rider look around the bike rather than looking straight up at the sky. Same with stoppies.
- Be able to control the strength of brakes right to the point that they lock up if you want them to.
- Random bugs hitting visor. And being able to whipe them off:sly:
- More realistic low speed physics
- Burnouts
- Online. Online. Online.
- At least 8 bikes on a track at the same time.
- Better A.I.
- Allow crash sequence to continue until rider and bike have come to rest.
Allow player to end crash sequence by pressing X after a second or two.
- Standing starts, at the start line for all racers.
- More tournaments, maybe even using a Moto GP style points system.
- A high speed test track.
- Drag strip.
- Way more modifications.
- NOS, turbos
- Have some kind of graphic on the Time Trials record times that tells you if the time was done with Failure Conditions on or off.
- Make replay file easier to convert to .mpg, .mov, etc. files.
- More Super Motards, and a SM track or two.
- More riding gear.
- And yes, More Bikes!

Some off the top of my head:
-- Kawasaki ZX-14
-- Aprilia Tuono
-- Ducati Monsters, 916, Multistrada, 749
-- MotoCzysz C1
-- Honda RC51
-- YZF R7
-- Benelli Tornado
-- Buell Ulysses
-- KTM 990 Adventure/Super Duke, Duke 640
-- Boss Hoss 350/502
-- Dodge Tomahawk
-- MTT Y2K
-- More Moto GP bikes
-- Less scooters
-- Concept bikes

Ehh, that should do it.:dopey:

I agree with everything you wrote.
Obviusly i want to see this 2007 year model bikes like:

Ducati 1098
Ducati%201098.jpg

Multistrada
2006-Ducati-Multistrada-620e.jpg

and the brand new supermotard, fantastic one.
Ducati-2006-Concept-Hypermotardd.jpg

MV F4 1000 R312
2007_MV_F41000R_3r.JPG

New R1, R6, Zr-6, ZR-10, CBR 600/1000, Triumph Daytona, Gixxer 600/750/1000, ecc

I like to have much more cutomizable options, like in Riding spirits 2 and more like GT series itself, many changable parts, mechanics and estethic.
Possibility to paint the bikes, something like Mr. aerograph lair 👍
More famous circuits:
Mugello, Assen, Brno, Donington and many more, also original.

Back