Tattoo&piercing

Here's the back tattoo!

22778372400395047503040.jpg

Wow, I like the water colour style tattoo's your girlfriend has Moglet.
Here's a pic of Marilyn all healed up!

For my next tattoo, I'm dead set on getting this in the same spot as Marilyn on my right arm. This time, I'll get it as a realistic portrait though.

I want to get it ASAP, but at the same time I'm trying to save up for a Cam on the Corvette..... Bah!

Mega bump

I'm getting Iron Maidens fear of the Dark album cover done up on my left bicep. 2-3 sessions and I was quoted at $250-$350 which I bought was pretty good for a whole bicep. I'll get pics up when it starts after I get back from vacation as I leave Friday.

null_zps02a1673f.jpg

Just getting the part right of the logo done.

Last edited:
LOL, if you didn't bump I would have ;)
Nice one, looking forward to the artwork 👍

Finished my right side:

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

And started on the left :sly:

Will continue after the summer, somewhere in September...

Well, my wife just got her first one last month so now I feel more compelled then ever to get one as well. Not looking to go extreme like Bladezzz :D, but I am working with an artist to do a full back piece that will wrap around my low mid section and across one of my shoulders. Still in the planning stages and working through the creative process right now. If it all turns out as expected, I will be very happy with it.

I was torn between doing some hardcore tribal bands and shoulder guards, etc. but decided on a completely original piece. Time will tell. Threads like this are an inspiration! 👍

LOL, if you didn't bump I would have ;)
Nice one, looking forward to the artwork 👍

Finished my right side:
*snip*
Will continue after the summer, somewhere in September...

Looks awesome man. I'll definitely get pictures up when I get it started, sometime after vacation as I said.

Love the tatts on you Bladezz 👍 The way how it's done is what I like the most. And that head with horns, what is that?! Looks so cool!
Anyway, are your tatts from the same artist? And would you mind to say by who? (PM)

👍

Mega bump

I'm getting Iron Maidens fear of the Dark album cover done up on my left bicep. 2-3 sessions and I was quoted at $250-$350 which I bought was pretty good for a whole bicep. I'll get pics up when it starts after I get back from vacation as I leave Friday.

null_zps02a1673f.jpg

Just getting the part right of the logo done.

That's so cool! Cover arts are so damn cool!!!! If I had to think of one I would put on my body, I know for sure it's going to be this one :D

Have fun on your vacation and don't forget to show the pics 👍

Last edited:
Well, my wife just got her first one last month so now I feel more compelled then ever to get one as well. Not looking to go extreme like Bladezzz :D, but I am working with an artist to do a full back piece that will wrap around my low mid section and across one of my shoulders. Still in the planning stages and working through the creative process right now. If it all turns out as expected, I will be very happy with it.

I was torn between doing some hardcore tribal bands and shoulder guards, etc. but decided on a completely original piece. Time will tell. Threads like this are an inspiration! 👍

Starting with a full backpiece usually means: You won't stop there LOL

Love the tatts on you Bladezz 👍 The way how it's done is what I like the most. And that head with horns, what is that?! Looks so cool!
Anyway, are your tatts from the same artist? And would you mind to say by who? (PM)

Tnx..!! If you search the net for Hannya, you'll find tons of them 👍

Artist is Tycho Veldhoen from Tattooing.nl in Amsterdam ;)
The only thing he didn't do is the owl on the right side of my chest, that one is done by Yushi Takei who's a frequent guest artist in the same shop.

Tycho is IMO one of the best in Holland, he can just about do anything from Japanese to realistic/portrets to mexicana or lettering and works so fast that he's mostly cheaper than others even though his hour price is quit high ;)

Last edited:
Just talked to the artist today. She is in transition of setting up a new shop. She said she's about a month out before she can start on it. Gives me plenty of time to really think the design through. :)

Called my shop yesterday to plan some 4 hour appointments :dopey:

19 October
2 November
16November

Should be enough to finish my arm, looking forward already :sly:

I'm still a minor unfortunatly, but as soon as I get economically independent I'm thinking an half sleve in colour, one in the inside of the bicept and one in the leg. No piercings whatsoever now and never

I'm still a minor unfortunatly, but as soon as I get economically independent I'm thinking an half sleve in colour, one in the inside of the bicept and one in the leg. No piercings whatsoever now and never

Make sure you are set on it. Once you get it, it's there for life. Also be careful why you show. Don't need to run the risk of not getting hired for a job since they don't like your tattoo.

I am excited and a bit nervous. I'm not really sure what to expect. This is my first tattoo. I'm not afraid just a bit nervous. Even though most of my family has them I'm still not really sure what to expect. I this normal?

I am excited and a bit nervous. I'm not really sure what to expect. This is my first tattoo. I'm not afraid just a bit nervous. Even though most of my family has them I'm still not really sure what to expect. I this normal?

Well, I am just talking about getting my first one and am nervous. It's, for the most part, for life. You want it be something that is an extension of you, at least that's what it is for me. I think that adds to the seriousness and finality of it all. :)

Well, I am just talking about getting my first one and am nervous. It's, for the most part, for life. You want it be something that is an extension of you, at least that's what it is for me. I think that adds to the seriousness and finality of it all. :)

I am very dead set on what I want. I'm not even sure why I'm nervous. I've seen it done in front of me and I don't think it will hurt all that bad (otherwise people wouldn't keep getting them). I think just because its a first time ordeal I'm not exactly sure what to expect. First time nerves for everything I guess.

I watched my wife get hers and it was nothing. I guess since I've seen her push two kids out, what's a little needle prick right? :scared: :D

I paid for my mother to get one on her foot about a week and a half ago and she screamed a bit, but understandably so. The foot is a bad spot to get one haha. Luckily mine is on my left bicep. I really hope it turns out good. When we went is when I planned mine out and I'll probably start sometime this week. I hope Monday since my mother is off from work as she wanted to go.

I do have a question though. My artist said 2-3 sessions for it...and I'm thinking closer to three. Should I wait about a month in between sessions so that each session fully heals or?

Also, if you've seen the piece I'm having done, my artist quoted me between $250-$350 (I'm leaning towards $350) for my outer bicep to be covered and it's decently complex as I want as much detail as possible...is this too cheap, fair/right on or rip off? I figured it would be mor elike $500 especially since this guy really liked the artowkr (one of the artists knew what it was immediatly)and he is really good. Insight?

Last edited:
You paid for your moms? How cool is that? 👍

Being a huge Maiden fan, can't wait to see the finished piece. It should turn out awesome!

You paid for your moms? How cool is that? 👍

Being a huge Maiden fan, can't wait to see the finished piece. It should turn out awesome!

It was actually a spur of the moment thing really. My girlfriend was over and they were talking about piercings and how I contemplated doing mine, then I thought, why not go to the tattoo parlor for the hell of it? :lol:

So we called, drove down, planned mine out (which the artists though was sick and knew what it was, and said they can't wait to do it because it will be fun to do). Next thing I know shes signing the release form and I told her I'd cover it. A few days prior we had gone to the local amusement park (one of the biggest on the East Coast is about 7 miles away from me, in a wooded area nonetheless :lol:) and she got some star pattern thing airbrushed on her foot. They took a picture of it, made a stamp and tattooed it on. It came out really good. Took the whole family out to dinner right after =P

I am a huge Maiden fan also, and always like that cover and for a few years now I've wanted that there. Can't wait...just hope it looks as good as the real image. That's my biggest fear right now.

👍

That's so cool! Cover arts are so damn cool!!!! If I had to think of one I would put on my body, I know for sure it's going to be this one :D

Have fun on your vacation and don't forget to show the pics 👍

Somehow I missed your post, but thanks! Vacation was great and I'm eager to get started sometime this week. I've only seen a few examples of this done on the internet so I'm psyched! I would love to see the And Justice cover done on you. My buddy wanted the entire Ride the Lightning cover done on his back.

I sawone guy get their self titled album cover done on his leg, and wow it turned out picture perfect, so well I thought it was shopped. But at least I'm not getting the mummy in chains, that seems to be a popular one.

One of the artists at my shop did this once.

64fbf_iron-maiden-eddie-mummy.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wanted a back piece, but every time I save the money something happens and out the window my tattoo money goes. Actually, I've given up trying to save for one.

XS
I've always wanted a back piece, but every time I save the money something happens and out the window my tattoo money goes. Actually, I've given up trying to save for one.

Make some kind of container and put money in there. Do not touch it no matter the circumstances. Give your self an emergency fund of about $500-$1,000 in case you need it that way you don't use up the money you are saving. Use that when you are in a pinch.

I appreciate the thought, but I had the money, then I got laid off. Since then I haven't been able to save.

XS
I appreciate the thought, but I had the money, then I got laid off. Since then I haven't been able to save.

Ah bummer man. Someday I hope you can get it. Any ideas as to what you wanted?

Got a blown out tattoo a couple of years ago...still haven't gotten around to fixing it/building off of it due to not really caring since it's so small. 1"x1" :lol: anybody have experience getting a blown out piece fixed?

Ah bummer man. Someday I hope you can get it. Any ideas as to what you wanted?
I know it's cliché, but I want a good/evil peice shaped as a yin yang. In the white part will be the archangel Raphael and in the black will be Lucifer, but in baphomet representation. The S of the yin yang will be their swords clashing in fire and lightening. It holds a special meaning to me as I used to do and be a lot of not so good things. Now I strive to make myself a better person. Raphael, the archangel of healing, represents my personal and spiritual healing. Lucifer represents my other side, which still exists, and their battle obviously represents my personal battle.

Wow that sounds fantastic. If you ever get it done i would love to see it.

Got mine rescheduled to Sunday as they wee busy today.

I'd love to see how Eddy turns out to be, Slashfan.

So far I have one tattoo on my arm, in honor of my daughter. The step to have another one is much smaller now as, like Pako said,
You want it be something that is an extension of you,
So for the next my thoughts are going in this biomechanical direction.
3D_Biomechanical_Tattoos__3_.jpg

But then looking at my heart, it being a bike engine.

Back