teamJDMT™| New O.P - It's the freshest/illest/dapper/oohkillem

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 4,317 comments
Drifting the shifter cart is pretty damn fun. :P

Is anyone else having abit of a problem finding a car and setup that really works for them?
Nope because I haven't got GT6 yet :lol:. It's going to be a lot more difficult to set up a car properly now, but that just adds another element to drifting in the game.

What do you guys think so far about the game as a whole and for it's drifting?

Nope because I haven't got GT6 yet :lol:. It's going to be a lot more difficult to set up a car properly now, but that just adds another element to drifting in the game.

What do you guys think so far about the game as a whole and for it's drifting?
I know, I see that you don't have it.
Jeez JR, poor form!

But I like it so far, the racing is pretty good and the drifting isn't bad it's still alot like GT5 but it seems the car will snap back alot more then they use to.

Just a note the RZ Supra is a beast now. 937HP then 70% power increase with NOS, so it can hit 500km/h on Route X.

Attachments

• City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
    City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg
    Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 10
I know, I see that you don't have it.
Jeez JR, poor form!

But I like it so far, the racing is pretty good and the drifting isn't bad it's still alot like GT5 but it seems the car will snap back alot more then they use to.

Just a note the RZ Supra is a beast now. 937HP then 70% power increase with NOS, so it can hit 500km/h on Route X.
I do feel dodgy that I'm still waiting to purchase :lol:. Are you normally good with photography or is GT6 looking far better than GT5 when taking photos? Also, whats it like drifting the mountain?

I do feel dodgy that I'm still waiting to purchase :lol:. Are you normally good with photography or is GT6 looking far better than GT5 when taking photos? Also, whats it like drifting the mountain?
I've been doing alot of photos in GT5 lately but GT6 makes you seem like a good photographer if you slightly know what you are doing.

Drifting the mountain was interesting, I did that probably 20-30 minutes after I had the game in my PS3 and along the top of the mountain it's super easy to link at a pretty decent speed, I could see quite a few tandems on it.

Well, i blew 110k on Z33, and well its not even full modded yet.. The cars alot different, and the cars are really grippy. Trying to strike a smooth balance between spins and snapback is kinda hard. Anyway took some pics as well.
11235275283_32c5dd2a8d_z.jpg
11235170525_158d33d1b8_z.jpg
11235169735_60627b5c4a_z.jpg
11235273113_f81f0ce6aa_z.jpg
11235272453_1c4c020de2_z.jpg
11235180754_0861c8638c_z.jpg
11235197486_0828709d25_z.jpg
11235180194_68d089563b_z.jpg
11235179924_e9f2054245_z.jpg
11235270903_26bf9c85f9_z.jpg
Those graphics are extremely nice.

I would love to join you guys if you'll have me! Currently I'm having trouble coming to grips (no pun intended) with the new physics system and the way cars drift, but I'm hoping to at least be drifting my favorite track by tonight.

Name:
Anthony
PSN: ACGreen86
Timezone: UTC -5 Eastern US
Drifting Experience: GT5 Drifter for 2 years
Previous Team/s: None
Favourite Car/s: RWD Skylines, '88 Supra 3.0

Got something to add?
I have been trying to find a group to drift with for almost a whole year. I have a lot to learn, but I hope you would consider me as a possibility. Either way I look forward to seeing you guys online.

I would love to join you guys if you'll have me! Currently I'm having trouble coming to grips (no pun intended) with the new physics system and the way cars drift, but I'm hoping to at least be drifting my favorite track by tonight.

Name: Anthony
PSN: ACGreen86
Timezone: UTC -5 Eastern US
Drifting Experience: GT5 Drifter for 2 years
Previous Team/s: None
Favourite Car/s: RWD Skylines, '88 Supra 3.0

Got something to add?
I have been trying to find a group to drift with for almost a whole year. I have a lot to learn, but I hope you would consider me as a possibility. Either way I look forward to seeing you guys online.

Hi Anthony, i'm not in any position to let you into the team. But i wish you good luck getting in, team leaders JR86 & FD3S should get back to you asap.

Also does anyone else think, GT6 sucks. Racing is great, drifting and everything else sucks.

Hi Anthony, i'm not in any position to let you into the team. But i wish you good luck getting in, team leaders JR86 & FD3S should get back to you asap.

Also does anyone else think, GT6 sucks. Racing is great, drifting and everything else sucks.

I still havent got the game UGH or fixed my PS3...
can't wait until i do though..

Honestly I don't see where you are coming from.

The drifting if not that much different, like yes the physics is completely different but its really nice.

Cars flow alot better now when drifting and there is a smaller margin for errors.

Could it possibly be your style? GT6 is more sensitive to steering input than in GT5 (I believe, still haven't got hands on just yet because I'm currently updating the game). I remember 1 or 2 nights ago you said your style is more aggressive with wheel use. May be why it's dodgier to drift on GT6 for you. Just a theory though, wouldn't be surprised if it were as bad as you actually say it is

Im finding it nice to drift atm but will play with setups for a while before im comfortable, the most honest and also annoying fact is why have tires screeching louder then engine noise.. imo the most off putting thing in this game...

Im finding it nice to drift atm but will play with setups for a while before im comfortable, the most honest and also annoying fact is why have tires screeching louder then engine noise.. imo the most off putting thing in this game...
That does got rather annoying but I do play with loud music at all times so it doesn't bother me too much.

Yh I may have to do the same thing, or just drift deaf.. lol its that annoying.

Realistically tires do sound like that when your coming in for an entry to corner (irl), but when you got a 3inch zorst and gate or a 6ltr v8 blearing in your ear, it gets drowned out.

Should be a option for engine sound aswell as the usual race sound effects. To get the right balance.

Yh I may have to do the same thing, or just drift deaf.. lol its that annoying.

Realistically tires do sound like that when your coming in for an entry to corner (irl), but when you got a 3inch zorst and gate or a 6ltr v8 blearing in your ear, it gets drowned out.

Should be a option for engine sound aswell as the usual race sound effects. To get the right balance.
It would be nice but they will probably just tone them down, eventually.

Well, finally got my controller working not 100% tho.

GT6's physics when it comes to recovering from a drift is completely messed up, ch's feel like rs's when counter steering.

I can't link any corners, so I guess I have to change my whole driving style.
Such fun....

Ok guys, just started using a fully upgraded AE86 to drift on Willow and it feels great. I love GT6 now

Just figured out why my drifting is f'n up so much.
GT6's steering sensitivity has been increased by heaps to support people on wheels a lot more.
Look's like I need to save some money to buy one.

Meanwhile this is my garage so far.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just figured out why my drifting is f'n up so much.
GT6's steering sensitivity has been increased by heaps to support people on wheels a lot more.
Look's like I need to save some money to buy one.
What sensitivity have you been set at?

I run on +7 and it's not too bad.

Could it possibly be your style? GT6 is more sensitive to steering input than in GT5 (I believe, still haven't got hands on just yet because I'm currently updating the game). I remember 1 or 2 nights ago you said your style is more aggressive with wheel use. May be why it's dodgier to drift on GT6 for you. Just a theory though, wouldn't be surprised if it were as bad as you actually say it is

I believe it is, but the sensitivity of steering is annoying. Anyone know how tweak the setups to eliminate the twitches.. Also am i the only one without the 15th anniversary edition?

Back