The Assetto Corsa Photo Thread

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 8,989 comments
I'm trying my best to get handy with AC's Photomode. Ugh... All of these are shots straight from Photomode. No editing of any kind.

Porsche 959
9DluSYy.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette (C2)
dUbgsSU.jpg

Aston Martin DB5
HCtKcsn.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish V12
L11imzO.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan 610-4
syrbSWv.jpg

I'm trying my best to get handy with AC's Photomode. Ugh... All of these are shots straight from Photomode. No editing of any kind.

Porsche 959
9DluSYy.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette (C2)
dUbgsSU.jpg

Aston Martin DB5
HCtKcsn.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish V12
L11imzO.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan 610-4
syrbSWv.jpg

Are 959 and Aston on Race Department? How are they?

No. I don't believe they are on RD. I've spent much more time with the 959. I think it drives decently. I had friends over one night and we were just taking turns doing laps, so I haven't really put it through a good analysis test. I'm looking for a buddy for my F40 and hopefully he'll fit the mold.

I think I did a total of 2 laps with the Vanquish V12. I planned on driving more after I took that photo but my girl came over...the Vanquish is on TM10.

Hate to be the one to interupt the stream of photos but is there a way to take screenshots without Assetto Corsa destroying the quality on PC?

I get my shots through Steam. Go to Steam>Settings>In-Game and then set a key binding for your screen shots. Then just beneath that, choose "Save an uncompressed copy". That saves a second, full resolution copy of the shot in a separate folder that you can specify as well. If you're using AC's photo mode I think it saves in full resolution too (maybe) but maybe someone else can confirm/deny. 👍

@smuffyatfcp Are you saying that AC if 🤬 up the screenshot quality on PC because it saves them as a JPG and therefore it's using lossy compression?

If you hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard Windows takes a screen grab and places it in the Clipboard so you can paste it into a new file in Photoshop. Also, Microsoft gives you a free OneDrive account and when I press Print|Screen button it automatically saves me a screenshot in .PNG format in my OneDrive > Pictures > Screenshots folder.

Or are you talking about something different?

@smuffyatfcp Are you saying that AC if 🤬 up the screenshot quality on PC because it saves them as a JPG and therefore it's using lossy compression?

If you hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard Windows takes a screen grab and places it in the Clipboard so you can paste it into a new file in Photoshop. Also, Microsoft gives you a free OneDrive account and when I press Print|Screen button it automatically saves me a screenshot in .PNG format in my OneDrive > Pictures > Screenshots folder.

Or are you talking about something different?
Basically when using the assetto corsa photomode the image looks great in the camera mode. Once i 'take' the photo and its saved as a .jpg in the documents folder and i load it into either photoshop lightroom or gimp to edit as soon as the image is opened it looses all quality and looks to be compressed into oblivion. Probably because its saved as a .jpg but im wondering if there's a way to change the file type ac saves the photomode images as.

Haven't really played yet with the photomode, just getting started on liveries with the ND MX-5 and took a few snaps in the showroom

MX-5 Cup :

0ZNbKS7.jpg

rnPHCYJ.jpg

VV1NkvO.jpg

And a simple version for the road car :

9LIPxtr.jpg

(For those who don't get the reference, the éX-D stickers are from the éX-Driver anime series ;) )

Xbox One screens.

Great car models, right down to the tyre markings. It's a real shame there's no basic photomode to show off these guy's efforts on console.

IMG_1590.PNG

Edited in Snapseed in lieu of photomode controls.

IMG_1589.PNG

VXR
Great car models, right down to the tyre markings. It's a real shame there's no basic photomode to show off these guy's efforts on console.

Edited in Snapseed in lieu of photomode controls.

View attachment 618583
That's a really nice shot. You can really see that weight transfer onto the front left tire.

Kunos really did a great job with that car and the variations on the the E30. I swear, I could drive only the E30's and be completely happy, for at least a couple of months...It's just so versatile.

Back