The Burnout: Paradise Thread

You're right. Big Surf is originally an airport, and there are 2 (!) extensions to the south of the map. The interstate loop is twice as long in the beta :eek: I guess the airport DLC got repurposed for NFS MW 2012 instead.

latest

Imagine if we got this bad mutha :drool:

I wondered if they ever made a drivable model of that area. The game was in development for a while and that map isn't too far of the final version.

Oh, man. I remember the countless hours it took to unlock everything in the game, including the Diamond P12. Even after that, there was so much to do; cool glitches, doing the online challenges again, getting the entire lobby to compete for fastest times on each street. Good times.

It would look outstanding, and with a more improved damage system. Now that is a dream that I want to happen, but never will....
You know what though? Sometimes, these things are done for the better. Look at what EA did to the Need For Speed series; it's rotting in hell! I'd rather they leave Burnout alone and not ruin the legacy behind it.

You know what though? Sometimes, these things are done for the better. Look at what EA did to the Need For Speed series; it's rotting in hell! I'd rather they leave Burnout alone and not ruin the legacy behind it.

Very true. I can compare it to UBISoft and Atari ruining the Driver franchise, poor, poor Driver.

Looks like we have hope that a next gen Burnout game is possible. :D

I wonder if they're going old school in this game where it's not free roam but in a closed track setting or are they going Paradise style where its free roam.

I posted originally this on the NFS thread until I saw this thread.

Looks like we have hope that a next gen Burnout game is possible. :D

I wonder if they're going old school in this game where it's not free roam but in a closed track setting or are they going Paradise style where its free roam.

I posted originally this on the NFS thread until I saw this thread.

They can't call it Burnout though can they since EA owns the rights?

Yeah...I didnt notice that by now.

How about the "Shiny Red Car"? That title doesn't sound Burnout and it was supposed to be the title for the original Burnout game.

But they could make an almost-Burnout. EA has seemingly buried the IP, I doubt they care much in this situation.

This could answer your question...

So they're going old school Burnout style. I like it. :D

As anybody tried Dangerous Golf? I find it great though. It felt like Burnout's crash mode has been converted into a golf game.
Because that's pretty much what it is. I've seen it but I can't play it myself.

I've got to get DG myself after watching gameplay of it, and learning it was made by the guys from Criterion. The game itself really greatly resembles Burnout 3: Takedown, which I really liked a lot but that's not the reason I want to get it, but to support the guys that made it as well as the Burnout series. I'll get it for XBone hopefully in August.

Also a spiritual seccessor to "that racing game"? Count me in! :D

I've got to get DG myself after watching gameplay of it, and learning it was made by the guys from Criterion. The game itself really greatly resembles Burnout 3: Takedown, which I really liked a lot but that's not the reason I want to get it, but to support the guys that made it as well as the Burnout series. I'll get it for XBone hopefully in August.

Also a spiritual seccessor to "that racing game"? Count me in! :D
That's more like it. That's one of the reasons why I bought Dangerous Golf also to support the original Criterion crew and contribute in order for them to make a new Burnout game. :D

Back