The Burnout: Paradise Thread

Do I need to buy the Boost Specials Pack? I bought all DLCs in the past except for the Boost Specials.

Yes, you need to have pretty much all of the DLCs. If anyone has challenges/fun game ideas, please post them in this thread and we will probably do them!

Last edited:
I believe he means the Extreme Hot Rod with infinite boost.
I'm talking about the Hawker Mech. I didn't like the Extreme Hot Rod since it says that changing boost types is locked but for the Hawker Mech you can change any boost type you want.

Alright I'll buy the Boost Specials Pack even if the car I'll get in the DLC will be OP aside from the Extreme Hot Rod.

The Mech is OK (not OP), and the Extreme Hot Rod + the Nighthawk are banned unless they are required.

I actually find the Carbon Uberschall 8 to be OP as well. With the boost type now converted to Stunt boost, it makes it even more powerful with the Speed boost type now gone.

I actually find the Carbon Uberschall 8 to be OP as well. With the boost type now converted to Stunt boost, it makes it even more powerful with the Speed boost type now gone.

I think it's a bit slower than the normal Uberschall (considering the stats)... I don't know for certain.

Also I WOULD use the Carbon Uberschall as my main vehicle if the front fenders/headlights didn't fall off so easily...

By the way, PLEASE SEND ME FRIEND REQUESTS TO INF_Mike458 if you want to be added to the lobby when the event starts. I will not be available after Thursday, 11 PM EST until the lobby opening time, so please add me before that.

I need help. When I decided to play Paradise, my save game wasn't recognized and because of that a new save was made. Any solutions on how to make Paradise recognize my save?

I need help. When I decided to play Paradise, my save game wasn't recognized and because of that a new save was made. Any solutions on how to make Paradise recognize my save?

Is it from different versions of Paradise? Could it be from different users?

Is it from different versions of Paradise? Could it be from different users?
No I had my game updated to the latest version as usual but then this happened so what should I do?

When I mean versions, I mean like the Ultimate Box vs the standard game.
Oh that. I'm using the Ultimate Box version.

Looks like I won't be able to get my save back. Is it worth buying the Timesavers Pack?
If I remember correctly the Ultimate Box had the Party DLC, but didn't have the other DLC.
The Ultimate Box has updates up to the Cagney update where it featured new liveries for cars such as Hunter Oval Racing Champ, Carson GT Concept, etc. plus the two online exclusive cars that are boostless.

How would that work exactly? Road Rules?

Really anything that can be easily replicated. E.G. 'Do a double barrel roll in the Olympus', 'Perform a 500 yard drift round this corner', etc. Of course if it's a short road then Road Rules would work as well.

The issue is that with 8 people it might take a while to actually go through everyone. In retrospect I don't really know if it would work with so many people.

Not really. While you have the freedom to use boost whenever you like, Stunt boost produces the least amount of power of the 3 primary boost types.

I think it's a bit slower than the normal Uberschall (considering the stats)... I don't know for certain.

Carbon Uberschall has weaker stats than its regular version.

and yes, I would've mained it too if it weren't for the same reason you mentioned.

Also I just remembered some other challenges we did:

Crappy Car VS Extreme Hot Rods (basically bullet hell) - One person gets in a car with a speed rating of 1 (no Pioneer). Everyone else gets in an Extreme Hot Rod. The host then starts a Road Rage, and the person in the slow car will be on the Blue Team. Everyone else will get on the Red Team. Then, the crappy car will get a head start of 5-20 seconds (depending on the route and the length)... and then all hell breaks loose. If the crappy car crashes out and is Wrecked (Driveaways are OK and you can keep going) or ends up on its roof and fails to get back on its wheels before it respawns, OR gets taken down by the Extreme Hot Rods (which probably will happen in every attempt), then the Extreme Hot Rods win. If the crappy car gets to the finish line before the Extreme Hot Rods kill it, then the crappy car wins (which won't happen if we get 8 people, COME ON PEOPLE, SIGN UP!)

The "Don't Hit Anything" Race - Hunter Olympus Governors. It's a standard race except there are time penalties for hitting things!

You will get a:

5 second time penalty if you hit a wall,
10 second time penalty if you hit a traffic car

But you will lose 10 seconds off of your race time if you take someone down and add 20 seconds to the victim's race time.

After the race, the host will take a picture of the race finish time after everyone has finished and everyone will PSN message the host their time penalties. After calculations, fastest race time wins! (anyone who DNFs will not be scored)

Please, everyone be honest with their penalties as this will not work if people are not honest with them.

Showtime Racing - Very simple. A route is lined out. Everyone gets in a Hunter Vegas (because pancake cars FTW) and lines up at the said starting line. Then on "GO", everyone enters Showtime. First one to get to the finish line still in Showtime is the winner. If you fail to get to the finish line and your Showtime ends, then you are out of the race. If everyone fails to finish, then the person that has made it farthest on the route wins.

Most Wanted (untested, but an idea, based off of NFS Hot Pursuit's Most Wanted gamemode) (Only works with 8 players) - The lobby will be split up into two teams, Cops and Racers. Everyone will go into their chosen car based on their team (the Cops will go into the PCPD Ikusa or a PCPD Krieger Pioneer, while the Racers will go into the standard Ikusa GT, NOT THE SAMURAI EDITION or a Watson R Turbo Roadster).

The teams will be balanced 5v3 in favor of the cops.

A Most Wanted racer will be randomly selected, and their car must be painted GREEN (while all of the other Racer Cars will be orange). The Most Wanted racer must complete a pre-determined route while the cops chase them down. All of the other Racers must protect the Most Wanted from the cops. If any car crashes out (once again, Driveaways are OK and you can continue), then they are out and they must pull over.

The Racers will get a 3 second headstart before the cops start giving chase. The Racers win if they manage to get the Most Wanted to the finish line or if they manage to wreck all of the Cops. The Cops win if they manage to take down the Most Wanted OR if the Most Wanted crashes out and Wrecks. This should be done in a Race to ensure that both teams play fair and follow the route.

I might join. I just have to get my PS3 set up again (and hope that my controller will function).

Only thing is, I have the Island and Cops & Robbers. I have to see what else I have.

Back