The Burnout: Paradise Thread

We should host a private GTP lobby on Paradise (PS3 please) anytime soon.
I could use a private lobby soon. I need to finish the remaining Freeburn events to unlock the Carbon Uberschall 8. Not to mention its boost now being a Stunt boost type.

If push comes to shove, I can host a lobby one weekend. Just not this weekend as I'm going to a motorsport festival.

I know where stuff is, the problem I have is when the car lurches into a wall, taps a corner just enough to trigger crash scenes, or when traffic is downright unavoidable, and many times for me it's all the above.

That said, barrel rolls five me grief too.I can't consistently hit them, and when I do I can't figure out what I did.

The stunt runs are pretty easy as long as you know the map like the back of your hand.

Barrel rolls aplenty!

(Also Watson R Turbo Roadster for Stunt Runs FTW... 0.25 billion scored with it)

Anyway... I would like to bring a couple of challenges that we (@AudiMan2011 , @rallymorten and I) have done in the past:

1. Epic Voyage: Basically an insanely long 15 checkpoint race. Shortest one we did was about 30 something miles, the longest we've done is 80 something. First to the finish wins, Extreme Hot Rod and GT Nighthawk are banned, traffic is on.

2. Road Trip: A race to certain landmarks and repair/paint shops... except that you must follow the rules of the road. Speeding (just keep pace with the AI traffic) will incur a one minute stop and go on the side of the road, collisions with the AI (aside from when they rear-end you at a red light) will incur a 2 minute penalty, any traffic infraction (going on the wrong side of the road, illegal overtakes, running red lights, etc.) will also incur a 2 minute penalty, and any murderizing of a bus will incur a 90000000000000000 century penalty (not really). First to complete all the landmarks and end up back at the starting point wins.

3. Titanic Takedown: One person is in a Hunter Olympus. Everyone else will choose a car with a speed rating of 4 or less (heavyweight cars like the Inferno Van, the Kreiger Pioneer, etc. are banned). The player in the Olympus must follow a set route set by the players and must get to the finish location before the other players can take the Olympus down. The player in the Olympus cannot fight back and instead must rely on evasive maneuvers to run away from the players. If the Olympus gets taken down before it reaches the finish line, then the people trying to take down the Olympus win. If the Olympus makes it to the finish, the Olympus wins. If the Olympus gets taken down, the player who is credited with the takedown will become the new Olympus. Rinse and repeat.

4. Olympus Stunt Run: Simple. Stunt Runs with Olympuses (not the Governor). No boost, anything goes. Highest score wins.

5. Extreme Hot Rod Suicide Racing: Using the figure 8 Stock Car track found just off the South Bay Expressway, have an equal amount of people line up so that they will go in opposite directions when the race begins. Once everyone is lined up, a countdown will start, followed by everyone setting off. Once everyone has overtaken each other (the people going in the opposite direction) (going past the start/finish line), everyone will spam their boost so that it will activate. Once you wreck/get taken down by someone, immediately go into Showtime and pause the game. This will make you a roadblock for people to dodge. Last car driving wins.

One more thing... don't sandbag (drive slowly to avoid wrecks)... it ruins the game.

There's more, but I can't think of them right now. Maybe we could have a lobby this weekend?

This is what I've always found funny about Burnout Paradise. No, it's not an "actual" Burnout, but if you see it as more of a spin-off or something not at all related to Burnout, it's a very good, fun game. Especially if you're doing all sort of stupid things online with friends. I'm looking at you, levitating 4X4 Takedown. Especially if someone's stupid enough to park underneath it :D

We definitely need to do some more Epic Voyage and Road Trip with more GTPers. And I shall use the An Capture Card to capture the confusion, perplexion, on-a-collision-course-with-a-truck-ness and 🤬-I've-ended-up-on-Hubbard-ness.

Also, that beta map looks absolutely amazing. Sadly, it'd seem, another case of developer optimism and then realising it's never really going to be possible. Still, would download that if it was a mod/dlc.

Played for an hour, 99% certain I'm either inept, incompetent, or just ******* stupid. All would be correct anyway. Y'all have fun, my copy's going back on the shelf until my voice returns.

I'd be up for this. I don't have the Big Surf Island DLC though, and whilst I should really get around to buying it, there's no saying I'll actually remember to do that before Saturday. That being said, add me on PSN (don't add GTP_Snorevette, add my old PSN account sovietmexican) and I'd be happy to come along.

Saturday it is?

If so, I'll get a sign-up sheet ready:

Burnout Paradise Signup Sheet:

Saturday, Time: TBD

Lobby 1 Participants

Host: @Mike458

Lobby 2 Particpants

Host: TBD

Burnout Paradise Signup Sheet:

Saturday, Time: TBD

Lobby 1 Participants

2. @Michelin

Lobby 2 Particpants

I wouldn't mind participating, but I have to update again even with the DLC, and try earning my sponsor cars back when I had them 2008-2009.

I'm thinking that 3 PM EST is a good time?

By the way, important notice:

You must have all of the DLC to make sure that this is the best experience possible. If you do not have all of the DLC, please do not sign up (or you can sign up, but you won't be able to participate in most of the challenges)

You must have all of the DLC to make sure that this is the best experience possible. If you do not have all of the DLC, please do not sign up (or you can sign up, but you won't be able to participate in most of the challenges)
I have them currently actually, just need to update to the current Cagney update that was updated in late 2009 or early 2010.

I have around half the DLC (Big Surf, Cops, and a few others) but do we really need to require DLC? This is a relatively old game by now and I'm not sure some people still have everything/bought all of them in the first place. I think a better idea would be to keep most of our shenanigans to non-DLC unless the vast majority has the DLCs needed.

And yeah, 3 PM Eastern sounds good.

I have around half the DLC (Big Surf, Cops, and a few others) but do we really need to require DLC? This is a relatively old game by now and I'm not sure some people still have everything/bought all of them in the first place. I think a better idea would be to keep most of our shenanigans to non-DLC unless the vast majority has the DLCs needed.

If I remember correctly, Burnout Paradise without DLC has the 350 challenges on the Vanilla game, but once the free Bike DLC launched it went to 500 challenges. While the Island Challenges are optional, but you don't get a special Annihilator Street Rod or Diamond P12

If I remember correctly, Burnout Paradise without DLC has the 350 challenges on the Vanilla game, but once the free Bike DLC launched it went to 500 challenges. While the Island Challenges are optional, but you don't get a special Annihilator Street Rod or Diamond P12

That is correct.

Well, some of the challenges (in fact, a lot of them) require DLCs. The Boost Specials and the Big Surf Island DLCs are the most important DLCs to have. The Cops and Robbers DLC would also be nice to have as well.

Give me money
need-a-small-loan-of-53-million-dollars-kanye-west-donald-trump.jpg

3 PM Eastern.. if Google is correct, that's about 9 PM (essentially 12 hours from now) in the Central Europesphere. Should be good for a few hours.

Lobby 1 Participants

2. @Michelin
3. @Ameer67
4. @rallymorten

Lobby 2 Particpants

Does all DLC mean the Toy Cars DLC as well? Because I'm only missing that DLC + Big Surf Island (which I think I'm going to buy anyway).

Do I need to buy the Boost Specials Pack? I bought all DLCs in the past except for the Boost Specials.

Back