The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
  • 575,428 views
Back to topic... hmmm I hate we get way not too many credits for buying more cars in career mode. Then another thing may be hmmmmmmmm....rewards.. I wished we had prize car for every event :(
 
Even with the controller sensitivity turned down to -2, I find the steering to be far too sensitive, especially when trying to counter steer a powerslide or drift. I said the exact same thing back on the 2013 Academy demo.

Used to be fine in GT5, why break it? There should be more options, like deadzone and linearity settings. GT6 is the only sim where I'm having this problem.
 
Whining: Canot redeam the freaking limited edition code, says it's invalid! T-T
 
Loving the review thread. Everything below an 8/10 score = Biased haters who know nothing of real sim games haha.

edit:
AI stil sucks
A-spec looks boring
Ugly PS2 cars stil included
Car sounds stil suck
8/10 because it's Gran Turismo
 
Rant: HUD settings way to hidden, hard to switch from Imperial do Metric!
 
Any Kind of Livery Editor? Stickers? or is it the exact same as gt5?
 
Any Kind of Livery Editor? Stickers? or is it the exact same as gt5?

no livery editor and they seems removed damage models. (no premium, standards anymore)

i own honda fit, rx-8, and lancer X, none of them had damage models (if you hit something, your cars just had scratch/dirty texture)

also no mechanical damage yet.
 
Kaz is the nicest liar out here.

I hate that I love the GT series. This is the first time I've purchased a game and felt guilty. I feel as though I've sold myself out lol.

I enjoy racing games. If there were something better out there I wouldn't have given this a second look
 
what did you expect? seriously this gt6 is based on gran turismo 5 so it was impossible to modify the damage model, the A.I or add the livery editor. i think that the new track creator is enough , so don't say alwais the same things. the only wrong thing its probably the car engines that they sound horrible : they could have been changed
 
what did you expect? seriously this gt6 is based on gran turismo 5 so it was impossible to modify the damage model, the A.I or add the livery editor. i think that the new track creator is enough , so don't say alwais the same things. the only wrong thing its probably the car engines that they sound horrible : they could have been changed

They could have done all that by skipping to PS4. I understand you guys love the GT series. I do but the competitor has a much better product offering mostly due to more GPU/CPU power. So. I'll wait until GT7.
 
what did you expect? seriously this gt6 is based on gran turismo 5 so it was impossible to modify the damage model, the A.I or add the livery editor. i think that the new track creator is enough , so don't say alwais the same things. the only wrong thing its probably the car engines that they sound horrible : they could have been changed

Wow, that's a first.
 
Tough decision because I always got all GT titles before on day one. (Including GT1.) But I won't we picking up GT6 anytime soon. I will wait for a price tag around 19$ That's what it worth.
 
I really miss the old gt days where you could make a qualify lap before each race. (because it mattered)
It felt like real competition and i think that the AI drivers were making similar lap times with the player if the cars were similar. (or is it my idea?)
Anyway, i feel there was a sense of competition that the newest gt's don't have.

Now the concept is this..
There's always a rolling start, you start last but the other drivers are so freakin' slow (even with similar pp cars) so you will pass them all, even the race leader, like they're standing still.

I mean, even if you are 5-6 seconds behind the leader when you start your last lap, you're still gonna win...

It feels like a time trial mission, not a race.
 
Last edited:
Can we agreed that GT series has stalled in terms of innovation over the last 2 series ?
No as they still innovate in their holy grail : the physics model + innovated in the lighting model, we can say that they are just sloppy and keep on dedicating all their time to half of the games aspects whilst neglecting the other half entirely.

And it was like that for GT5 also, lot's of people criticized them for it but they didn't wanna listen on account of all the fanboys out there and the fact their franchise will sell like hot cakes anyway.

They could have done all that by skipping to PS4. I understand you guys love the GT series. I do but the competitor has a much better product offering mostly due to more GPU/CPU power. So. I'll wait until GT7.
The xbox has more or less the same power as the ps3 and T10 delivered a far better and innovative racing game with FM4. I do also hope that PD will get their act together for GT7 tough; they practically blew it for a entire console generation (ps3)... :sick:
 
yes but with gt5 the work was done... they can't start again from 0 and build up a new game for ps3. the only thing that coud have been added was the livery editor. am i right? so to see something new and improved we should wait ps4 GT
 
I feel GT5 and 6 have come out of a lack of direct competition for GT as a series. Competition drives innovation and I still don't feel innovation in all the right areas has been made.

Concepts such as the moon driving and astronomy effects personify that to the fullest - Kaz can get away with things like that because no other racing/driving game even comes close on Playstation. He can just add these features and claim them to be big steps forward - compared to what? Shift 2 and Grid 2? Pffft.


The day that GT or Forza strides the gap between the two main consoles (I mean release across both platforms) - the biggest steps forward into making the ideal game of this genre will be seen. I guarantee that the best features from both games would be used (or at the very least, implemented similarly) to gain the top spot in driving/racing games.
 
No. I disagree. Gt5's was the worst, I thinkgt6 is 2nd best.
Saying GT6 has 2nd best menu music is like saying gonorrhea is the 2nd best STD.
GT music is always the first thing to be turned off in GT games.

Can we agreed that GT series has stalled in terms of innovation over the last 2 series ?
Yes.
 
The
I really miss the old gt days where you could make a qualify lap before each race. (because it mattered)
It felt like real competition and i think that the AI drivers were making similar lap times with the player if the cars where similar. (or is it my idea?)
Anyway, i feel there was a sense of competition that the newest gt's don't have.

Now the concept is this..
There's always a rolling start, you start last but the other drivers are so freakin' slow (even with similar pp cars) so you will pass them all, even the race leader, like they're standing still.

I mean, even if you are 5-6 seconds behind the leader when you start your last lap, you're still gonna win...

It feels like a time trial mission, not a race.

They should have implemented the qualifying section to races as makes more of a game then, And as for starting at the back is ridiculous really as qualifier laps be cool idea to have in game as can start at front or in middle the pack depening qualifying times of course ;):)
 
The


They should have implemented the qualifying section to races as makes more of a game then, And as for starting at the back is ridiculous really as qualifier laps be cool idea to have in game as can start at front or in middle the pack depening qualifying times of course ;):)
AI is slow so they had to make you start at the back and with a time disadvantage on the rabbit in front, if they would have given us qualifying so we would have started more to the front, the rabbit would be done for in the first lap.

That's why you have it online and not in career or arcade.
Sad really...
 
yes but with gt5 the work was done... they can't start again from 0 and build up a new game for ps3. the only thing that coud have been added was the livery editor. am i right? so to see something new and improved we should wait ps4 GT
Welcome to Gtplanet dear new user.
I won't be rude since you are new.
I just want to make sure you realize livery editor has nothing to do with hardware capabilities. We had livery editor in PS2 Need for Speed Underground.
 
Back