The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
So, I got my hands on the game today after having bought the DS3 + GT6 bundle (the game was basically free).

My initial impressions are exactly what I was expecting, after having followed the game's development prior and after its release. Overall, it's a mediocre and rather boring experience with missing features, terrible AI and framerate, as well a dreadful career mode.

The game has no lasting appeal, at all.

So, I got my hands on the game today after having bought the DS3 + GT6 bundle (the game was basically free).

My initial impressions are exactly what I was expecting, after having followed the game's development prior and after its release. Overall, it's a mediocre and rather boring experience with missing features, terrible AI and framerate, as well a dreadful career mode.

The box looks kinda cool though :lol:

Been doing a fair bit of reading on the GT6 boards for the past couple days seeing what people from all sides are thinking and saying and many cry they are not getting their promised monthly DLC, and others are saying the same but not crying about it....my thoughts on the promised monthly DLC....

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE SHUT THE *&^% UP ABOUT DLC UNTIL KAZ FINISHES THE GAME!?!

I'm sick of reading about people wanting DLC, how about demanding the game be finished and then start screaming about your precious DLC!?!

I'm sick of reading about people wanting DLC, how about demanding the game be finished and then start screaming about your precious DLC!?!

tumblr_mkvnfgvf081rt89d7o1_500.gif

Tried to email PD and let me tell you, it's no easy task. Had to go to their Japan website and go from there. Got a response surprisingly fast that said they were basically not open to suggestions. After that, I got another email with a survey asking if I would recommend using their site to anyone. I almost crapped my pants from laughing! I laid it on them pretty thick for the fiasco they call Gran Turismo 6, but wouldn't be at all surprised if they ignore that as well.
At this point, they better come up with something pretty impressive or I, like many others, will be saying goodbye to this franchise. I guess we wait and hope they produce a miracle

That's my copy of gt6 boxed up for a while. I may never purchase gt7 if this don't change (which it most likely won't).

Been doing a fair bit of reading on the GT6 boards for the past couple days seeing what people from all sides are thinking and saying and many cry they are not getting their promised monthly DLC, and others are saying the same but not crying about it....my thoughts on the promised monthly DLC....

Just don't then.

I've just realized that I spend more time on GT Planet moaning about Gran Turismo's various flaws, than I do actually playing the game. The sad thing is, I also enjoy it more than playing Gran Turismo 6. Am I just a miserable old git, or is GT6 really that bad a game? In all honesty, it's probably a bit of both! :lol:

Cool. Any idea when that might be?

If my name was Kazunori Yamauchi i would tell you "not long, very soon. maybe in the next update you will get everything i promised and MORE!".

But it isn't, so you're s&*^ out of luck i'm afraid ;)

Just don't then.

It's kind of hard to avoid when reading long posts and then buried in the post is "where's my monthly DLC Kaz promised me!?!...blah blah blah."

But seriously, it's not easy to avoid when it's all over the place....hence my outburst.

Funnily enough (this being the epic whining and crying thread) I think this is the first time it's been raised here. We got so caught up moaning about everything else we totally overlooked that one lol.

It is pretty easy to avoid something titled "The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread" though. What did you expect to find? Group hugs and lollipops?

If it were confined to this thread, that'd be great, but as @drivingmeinsane said, "it's all over the place". They seek out the group hugs and lollipops threads to spread their doom and gloom. About the only places where it's not extremely rife, is in the three "Suggestions" forums.

If it were confined to this thread, that'd be great, but as @drivingmeinsane said, "it's all over the place". They seek out the group hugs and lollipops threads to spread their doom and gloom. About the only places where it's not extremely rife, is in the three "Suggestions" forums.

So why not tell the people in those other threads about it, where you might have some actual effect? People in this thread are doing exactly what it says on the label. To complain about that is just obtuse.

"This can of peaches is full of peaches! I AM OUTRAGED!"

So why not tell the people in those other threads about it, where you might have some actual effect? People in this thread are doing exactly what it says on the label. To complain about that is just obtuse.

"This can of peaches is full of peaches! I AM OUTRAGED!"

I was just trying to explain to you that negative posts are expected here, but it's painful when they troll other threads. I'm trying to help you understand @drivingmeinsane's post. I'm not trying to change the behavior of posters in this thread.

When they spill out of here, then I regard them as fair game for receiving advice.

I was just trying to explain to you that negative posts are expected here, but it's painful when they troll other threads.

You think I don't know? It's pretty hard to miss.

But golly gee, thanks for the kindness, sir.

I'm trying to help you understand @drivingmeinsane's post.

His post that's in ENTIRELY the wrong place? This is not the complain about other threads thread, or the complain about GTP becoming a cesspool of whingers thread. It's the complain about GT6 thread, and I think I'm entirely justified in calling him on coming in here to whinge about the whingers.

Yeah, a lot of other threads get people complaining. There's a reason for that, there's a lot to complain about (how's that February update coming?), but a significant proportion of the time it's inappropriate. @drivingmeinsane could well have taken his issues up with those people, but instead he comes to the one thread that is GUARANTEED to have people complaining.

I understand full well what he's going through, but this is NOT the place to address it. Posting complaints about the complaints in here is about 3 inches from trolling. And ironically, is pretty much exactly what he's complaining about in the first place. He doesn't want negative Nancies coming into his positive threads. You think positive Percies are any more welcome here?

PD has apparently forgotten to take downforce into account for the PP system this time.

Another gripe:

Not enough LFAs, we're still missing LFA race cars PD, get to it before you fix anything else.

Went to my local game store (not Gamestop, nor GAME) today and found out that a used copy of standard Borderlands (2009) is more expensive than GT6.

I laughed, grabbed Borderlands and went back home to play it. Great game, going to pick up part 2 after I finish this one.

Went to my local game store (not Gamestop, nor GAME) today and found out that a used copy of standard Borderlands (2009) is more expensive than GT6.

I laughed, grabbed Borderlands and went back home to play it. Great game, going to pick up part 2 after I finish this one.
That makes GT6 a steal I guess.

It is pretty easy to avoid something titled "The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread" though. What did you expect to find? Group hugs and lollipops?

As GBO Possum has explained, and to confirm that GBO is indeed correct-i was not talking about this thread. if you read what i wrote above- i said "boards" meaning not just one section of the forum or one topic. and also as i stated, it's all over the place. i've gone from 1 topic to another, and then on to another section of these boards board, i read the same thing all over the frigging place, just sick of it!

It seems there's just no getting away from some people who think the only thing busted with GT6 is that there is no promised DLC.

I'm of the mindset that you get EXACTLY that which you ask for. if you demand quality and a good price, you will get it. if you demand someone steal your money with a smile you will get it.
If i was Kaz i would cream in my pants (sorry to be so crude) every time i read "where's my DLC you promised me?", then i'd make them wait until their heads exploded.

As GBO Possum has explained, and to confirm that GBO is indeed correct-i was not talking about this thread. if you read what i wrote above- i said "boards" meaning not just one section of the forum or 1 topic. and also as i stated, it's all over the place. i've gone from 1 topic to another and then on to a new thread and it's mentioned again and again and again.

It seems there's just no getting away from some people who think the only thing busted with GT6 is that there is no promised DLC.

I'm of the mindset that you get EXACTLY that which you ask for. if you demand quality and a good price, you will get it. if you demand someone steal your money with a smile you will get it.
If i was Kaz i would cream in my pants (sorry to be so crude) every time i read "where's my DLC you promised me?", then i'd make them wait until their heads exploded.

Again, why are you telling us about this here? Especially if you're not talking about this thread?

So if you were Kaz you'd be a spoiled, 12 year old boy? Interesting:lol:

You know the report function is very useful. You can use it, anonymously in fact, to report that threads are being dragged off topic. I've used it once or twice..it actually does work and the mods are real sticklers for protocol:cheers:

I understand full well what he's going through, but this is NOT the place to address it. Posting complaints about the complaints in here is about 3 inches from trolling. And ironically, is pretty much exactly what he's complaining about in the first place. He doesn't want negative Nancies coming into his positive threads. You think positive Percies are any more welcome here?

WHAT?

That's not what i was on about!

You know what!?, NMD, just ignore me ok. you are correct and i'm wrong. i should just leave now and then when going through a thread that's reached god knows how many pages i should stop reading every time i read "but Kaz promised!" to post that they should shut up already.

Edit, just saw your reply...

So what do i do....make a thread called what and complain about half the posters on these boards?

That thread would be lucky to last an hour before closed. the flaming i would get would be epic.

Never mind!

You know what!?, NMD, just ignore me ok. you are correct and i'm wrong. i should just leave now and then when going through a thread that's reached god knows how many pages i should stop reading every time i read "but Kaz promised!" to post that they should shut up already.
If Kaz did promise something and not deliver, why do you want people to shut up about it? What purpose does that serve?

So what do i do....make a thread called what and complain about half the posters on these boards? That thread would be lucky to last an hour before closed. the flaming i would get would be epic.
If you posted it in the GT6 Forum it would probably be closed because it is not a GT6 topic. We do however have an Opinions and Current Events thread and pretty much anything is fair game over there. Perhaps that's where you should voice your opinion:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/opinions-current-events.65/

Remember its the epic whining and crying thread not the bitching and arguing thread. Far too much mutual aggression prevalent and all of it unnecessary. Watch your tone with each other, we're all part of the same community and we all want the same thing eventually.

Last edited:
The box looks kinda cool though :lol:
Yeah, it is. Definitely keeping it!

Shame though that the game itself is such a borefest. I'll try my best to complete it, perhaps even get that Platinum trophy. With that said, there are things that I actually like and enjoy in Gran Turismo 6, but they don't make up for its issues and poor design decisions. Maybe it'll grow on me with each new update (whenever they may appear) - however, I won't be holding my breath.

Well this is the week we may or may not see some sort of update with GT6. I'd probably boot up GT6 to check out a new VGT car but I really hope it's more than just a VGT update.. I've already let my logon bonus drop back to 100%, I really want to get back into GT6 but every time I'd boot it up I'd tune some cars, run a few time trials and grind a bit of money and just quickly loose interest.. I'm seriously sad I'm feeling this way about the GT series :(

It saddens me... I've been on the forum al night long... Not even feel like driving... I hate this feeling... I miss my 'drive'... :crazy:

Even the monty python song, Always look on the bright side of life is trying to cheer me up about GT6 and lets hope its works.

Back