The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
What really bugs me is coming on gtp and checking the news page every couple days to find theres a new story and its about gt academy or something like that and not anything to do with the game, I think PD have clearly shown how little respect they have for customers and think we will just take what we're given and pay for it, Maybe 10 years ago bt not now, Well many still will

Well this is the week we may or may not see some sort of update with GT6. I'd probably boot up GT6 to check out a new VGT car but I really hope it's more than just a VGT update.. I've already let my logon bonus drop back to 100%, I really want to get back into GT6 but every time I'd boot it up I'd tune some cars, run a few time trials and grind a bit of money and just quickly loose interest.. I'm seriously sad I'm feeling this way about the GT series :(

prolly another blardy merc. :banghead: :nervous: :(

I think I just hit the wall on this one. The delay with the DLC is frustrating but would be forgivable were it not for these constant releases of sponsored content only for Asian/Japanese players. How many programmers got pulled off of the tracks that they have still failed to deliver to ALL of us in order to develop another special new car/seasonal event that 90% of GT players can't compete in?

I've been a GT fanatic ever since I first played the GT1 demo disc from a Playstation magazine. I guess I'd kind of hoped that my loyalty would be returned, but clearly for PD I'm just a second class citizen... $60 for the game based on PD's promises, nearly none of which have been kept. In the meantime, once again I have to watch while other players in other countries get to enjoy the game I thought that I had bought...

It's been 15 great years, but GT6 is definitely going to be the end of the line for me... :(

To me, 75% of PD's problems are caused by the lack of communication.

I'm huge gamer, as I am a motorsport fan, so I play a lot of games.

Battlefield series are among them, and today a developer went on writing about the work that has been done to correct the issues in BF4. He explains that there are things on the netcode that don't work and the team are working on to improve and correct it. Many players are very upset about BF4 and the netcode fiasco, almost at the same level that our community are very angry about delays, badly working multiplayer and so on.

The post is here

The results, in foruns and communities devoted to Battlefield, are very good: players are talking about the patch and the improvment of the game as a whole, the focus of the debates were shifted from "they destroyed BF4!" "Let's set EA to flames!", etc, to "Ok, so, now the game will be better, cool". Here, we are frustrating ourselves with lack of information and PD's apologists troops, the guys who were used to say "hey, don't criticize a game that isn't released yet", and now goes: "hey, PD will mend it. Eventually, some day. We hope".

So, why don't PD follow the example?

It's like they made the game for themselves.

If some of the developers write about and post it on the GT site, even in GTP, a status about patches, new features, difficulties that the team are facing right now, I will be pleased to see that they care, they are working, things could be better and will, because there are people in the helm looking to steer the HMS Sinking Turismo out of trouble.

Battlefield series are among them, and today a developer went on writing about the work that has been done to correct the issues in BF4. He explains that there are things on the netcode that don't work and the team are working on to improve and correct it. Many players are very upset about BF4 and the netcode fiasco, almost at the same level that our community are very angry about delays, badly working multiplayer and so on.

The post is here

That is exactly what GT6 needs. A simple, clear statement that they recognise that X, Y, and Z are issues. Rough details of which have fixes pending next patch, which are being worked on, and which are still having data gathered. And in GT6's case, a rough roadmap for the major features yet to come.

It wouldn't even be hard, and it would buy them a substantial amount of goodwill. Although at this point it'd probably have to be backed up fairly quickly with some actual patches, lest everyone fall back into cynicism again.

I think I just hit the wall on this one. The delay with the DLC is frustrating but would be forgivable were it not for these constant releases of sponsored content only for Asian/Japanese players. How many programmers got pulled off of the tracks that they have still failed to deliver to ALL of us in order to develop another special new car/seasonal event that 90% of GT players can't compete in?

I've been a GT fanatic ever since I first played the GT1 demo disc from a Playstation magazine. I guess I'd kind of hoped that my loyalty would be returned, but clearly for PD I'm just a second class citizen... $60 for the game based on PD's promises, nearly none of which have been kept. In the meantime, once again I have to watch while other players in other countries get to enjoy the game I thought that I had bought...

It's been 15 great years, but GT6 is definitely going to be the end of the line for me... :(

I'm on that boat too ... but I hate to admit it ... I'm searching for excuses every day now...

Yeah they are now busy with AUS/Asian GT events ... yes PS4 is now released that's why they are busy ....
I think this week their hands are free right?

PD's problems are caused by the lack of communication.

Yes but herein I find the problem as well... since we know they all communicate in Japanese ... they probably use a ChangeRequestDatabase which is fully in Japanese
I think at the end of the day ... when they deliver a new patch or update ... they take just some time to translate that summary into X different languages ... before releasing it ... so that's just another delay in the process ...
And go on to new issues to be solved ... in Japanese .. and don't take the time to communicate the requirements of a next release, be it a patch or update, with the outside world at all ... :guilty:

Last edited:
Just get over it and switch franchises already boys.
It's not like PD is your last hope or anything, like I said many times before there are other good racing games out there already and more coming from developers that aren't incompetent.

Would you have that much patience with any other flawed product you buy?

Just get over it and switch franchises already boys.
Too much of this. GT has been a love affair with many of us for 15 years. You don't just dump something after that amount of time without hoping for change. Whatever analysis you want to throw at the current situation, none of us would be here if not for the fact that we bought into Kaz' dream of the perfect driving and racing game... some faith is required, yes. I realise we're living in an age in which divorce is more common than relationship counselling but that is not a good thing.

"...yet hope remains while the company is true."

Too much of this. GT has been a love affair with many of us for 15 years. You don't just dump something after that amount of time without hoping for change. Whatever analysis you want to throw at the current situation, none of us would be here if not for the fact that we bought into Kaz' dream of the perfect driving and racing game... some faith is required, yes. I realise we're living in an age in which divorce is more common than relationship counselling but that is not a good thing.

It's a video game Vagabond, not a love affair :D

Would you have that much patience with any other flawed product you buy?

No, but this is Gran Turismo .... even if it would take a year ... I would wait and not give up on it .....

(... my other ultimate waiting game is MGS .... but it's flawless everytime ....)

Last edited:
Well i went through the same feelings with my former love back in 2011-2012. GT5 was already disappointing and lacking to me compared to what the GT series represented before that, so i too kept hoping and waiting for updates to fix things. But what do you know; there was no news from PD only those vague "coming in the future" statements once in a while. Each time I checked the GTP news page there was news about GT academy which i really don't care about.
So instead of waiting for something that was never gonna come, I dropped GT and haven't looked back since.

Best decision i could make to be honest, so that's why i can recommend the same to all those folks being let down with GT6 and PD in general, just the same as I was with GT5.

A car that can cook and clean. That would stir some emotion.
Woman = appliance? You might want to button your shirt up a bit more, this is 2014. :sly: Treat her well....

Would you use an Audi R8 to just do the school run and nip down to the shops? Or use a hand made Japanese sword to trim the hedge?

GT has been a love affair with many of us for 15 years. You don't just dump something after that amount of time without hoping for change.

Exactly right, Vagabond. A lot of us have a lot of bad things to say, but for any other franchise, I think we would've stayed silent and switched already. We've got a lot of love for GT, PD, and Kaz. I suppose many of us are just hoping to feel that that love is requited.

It probably sounds crazy to everybody on the outside of this crazy dynamic, but we're not bashing GT just to bash it, but out of hope for better days on the near horizon.

Fingers crossed, I suppose...

Well i went through the same feelings with my former love back in 2011-2012. GT5 was already disappointing and lacking to me compared to what the GT series represented before that, so i too kept hoping and waiting for updates to fix things. But what do you know; there was no news from PD only those vague "coming in the future" statements once in a while. Each time I checked the GTP news page there was news about GT academy which i really don't care about.
So instead of waiting for something that was never gonna come, I dropped GT and haven't looked back since.

Best decision i could make to be honest, so that's why i can recommend the same to all those folks being let down with GT6 and PD in general, just the same as I was with GT5.
You've dropped gt and haven't looked back since but yet your constantly trolling prowling the gt6 forums? Hmmm interesting.

You've dropped gt and haven't looked back since but yet your constantly trolling prowling the gt6 forums? Hmmm interesting.
Still interests me what's going on with the GT series seeing that i played it for over a decade. If you consider that trolling i guess you are in need of a reality check.

Good point!:)
It's another rough patch(no pun intended) in a 15 year relationship.
I can get over it because the positives outweigh the negatives for me at least.

Exactly right, Vagabond. A lot of us have a lot of bad things to say, but for any other franchise, I think we would've stayed silent and switched already. We've got a lot of love for GT, PD, and Kaz. I suppose many of us are just hoping to feel that that love is requited.

It probably sounds crazy to everybody on the outside of this crazy dynamic, but we're not bashing GT just to bash it, but out of hope for better days on the near horizon.

Fingers crossed, I suppose...
I get what you mean
Moaning because we care and know that PD has the ability to do better.So there's always some hope in me anyway.:)

The post is here

except that the BF (and BF:BC) have always had awful net code, pathetic hit detection and unacceptable packet loss + latency compensation and ridiculously low 'tickrate' frequency, i mean 10Hz rate for an FPS is just completely lame . i would not expect them to actually properly fix any of those issues in that link page. they did not for BF2, BF3 of BF:BC - one of the reasons i wont spend another cent with EA (or on Dice) - they are far too interested (distracted) in getting "the next big thing in AAA fps titles" out, regardless if it works or not. the latest BF4 is proof of that. as long as it looks pretty, and the lame-arse un-lock/reward systems work, they dont care. they broke BF3 with a so-called NetCode-Fix patch ... unplayable after that. shame really because the franchise has so much potential. another problem with EA/Dice is that they only do in-house beta testing, no international testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
except that the BF (and BF:BC) have always had awful net code, pathetic hit detection and unacceptable packet loss + latency compensation and ridiculously low 'tickrate' frequency, i mean 10Hz rate for an FPS is just completely lame . i would not expect them to actually properly fix any of those issues in that link page. they did not for BF2, BF3 of BF:BC - one of the reasons i wont spend another cent with EA (or on Dice) - they are far too interested (distracted) in getting "the next big thing in AAA fps titles" out, regardless if it works or not. the latest BF4 is proof of that. as long as it looks pretty, and the lame-arse un-lock/reward systems work, they dont care. they broke BF3 with a so-called NetCode-Fix patch ... unplayable after that. shame really because the franchise has so much potential. another problem with EA/Dice is that they only do in-house beta testing, no international testing.
Don't get me started on EA and BF. I've spent the last two days on forums, contacting support and just generally wasting my life because of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

If PD said update 1.05 will be release on <insert date> would you be wise to believe them?

I want to believe, but only a jackass trips on the same rock twice. And PD has tripped me up with release dates more than I care to mention. If I've learned anything from PD, it is that you cannot take their release dates at face value.

If PD said update 1.05 will be release on <insert date> would you be wise to believe them?

I want to believe, but only a jackass trips on the same rock twice. And PD has tripped me up with release dates more than I care to mention. If I've learned anything from PD, it is that you cannot take their release dates at face value.

PD are a bit like the boy that cried wolf now. They've shown so little regard for sticking to the things that they say, that even if they were to tell the truth it would be hard to believe them without reservation.

If PD were to say that there would be a major update next week and it would contain X, Y, and Z, I think even the most hardened GT fan would be taking it with a grain of salt at this point. I'm sure PD mean well, but the correlation between their intentions and what actually happens is pretty minimal.

I think this goes in the epic whining and crying thread.

Anyway, I feel like this game is just a slightly improved GT5. Yes, it has more cars, some new tracks, but I don't feel blown away with it like I did when GT2 came out. Where are some of the old tracks we loved so much like Midfield Raceway, Seattle Circuit, Tahiti Road, Red Rocks Valley, Grindelwald, Complex String... Also, they never seem to want to give us the ability to do any sort of legitimate hybriding (engine swapping, similar to what is in Forza for example).

I kind of got angry at the little 'demo' part at the beginning when it makes you buy the Honda Fit. I know how to play the game, don't need a tutorial, or to waste my money on a Honda Fit (did two races, sold it, bought a Honda CRX instead).

And where is this DLC they promised to do every two weeks? I keep hearing that repeated but never actually see it being done. I guess the alternative is Forza on Xbox, but I don't want to pay for online service and I don't want a new system when I'm already invested in PS3.

Oh and GT2 had a lot better soundtrack.

On the other hand, I did like that they included some more classic cars that are not Skylines. That '70s Camaro, the Cobra Dayton is back, the Nova... Could have done a few more but ehh.

Woman = appliance? You might want to button your shirt up a bit more, this is 2014. :sly: Treat her well....

Would you use an Audi R8 to just do the school run and nip down to the shops? Or use a hand made Japanese sword to trim the hedge?
No, the LFA does all that and much more, such as time travel.

Back on topic: At this point I'm surprised PD actually released GT6 on their planned release date.

Back