The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
When they released the Tomahawk X, instead of a perfect lap of the nurburgring, or buyable for 1,000,000 credits, they should have made you do 3 laps of the nurburgring backwards with no mistakes, or buyable for 20,000,000 credits. The trial so only the best drivers could win it, and the cost, to keep the amount of players buying it to a minimum. The truly outrageous cars should use a system like this.

Also on the tomahawk X, If you read the description, it says something about there being a 7 month training program to learn how to drive it. Should have been implemented.

But then you would be denied the joy of being crashed into by every weiner that drives them in the online lobbys

r4x8h.png

I think we're not going to get any news on the next couple of months. The PS4 in the Buggati VGT trailer is there just to hide Forza 6 launch.

Last edited:
VBR

It's funny because it's true...maybe if there was less to whine about and more to praise. By the way, it's now the 18th of September. Still no update news. No course maker news.

The WORST community management and treatment ever. The only thing that could be worse is if they hire Donald Trump to be the community manager and he erects a fence around our PS3's :D

It's funny because it's true...maybe if there was less to whine about and more to praise. By the way, it's now the 18th of September. Still no update news. No course maker news.

The WORST community management and treatment ever. The only thing that could be worse is if they hire Donald Trump to be the community manager and he erects a fence around our PS3's :D
Nah. Donald Trump although bit bigoted at least has communication. Probably he will kindly saying "fans are crap" or some variation.

PD now is vague at best. Only unveiling and then what?

One day I'm going to reach that carrot PD's got dangling in front of my face

Do you want to though? I'm thinking that all there is left are the VGT's, which I will collect for some future time when I feel like reminiscing.

I don't expect any worthwhile additions or changes to the game. That makes me sad.

I think during past generations of consoles, PD got away with being painstakingly slow in updating their game, or releasing a new one for that matter (remember the years you had to wait before a new GT came out)? The competition has however caught up with them and they can't handle the requirements of modern day developing anymore.

Of course they will release a new game next year or so, but i would be very surprised it will be groundbreaking or innovative in any way.

I think during past generations of consoles, PD got away with being painstakingly slow in updating their game, or releasing a new one for that matter (remember the years you had to wait before a new GT came out)? The competition has however caught up with them and they can't handle the requirements of modern day developing anymore.

Of course they will release a new game next year or so, but i would be very surprised it will be groundbreaking or innovative in any way.
I expect that graphically, it'll be stunning. Almost DriveClub at 60 fps kind of thing. That's their forte' and they'll likely be the best looking game on PS4, for now at least. It remains to be seen if they'll achieve that level of success in the gameplay aspect of things, but I suspect that as long as it looks great and they pay lipservice to gameplay improvements, most GT fans will lap it up and it'll sell millions. Maybe not 10 million...but millions:sly:

I expect that graphically, it'll be stunning. Almost DriveClub at 60 fps kind of thing. That's their forte' and they'll likely be the best looking game on PS4, for now at least. It remains to be seen if they'll achieve that level of success in the gameplay aspect of things, but I suspect that as long as it looks great and they pay lipservice to gameplay improvements, most GT fans will lap it up and it'll sell millions. Maybe not 10 million...but millions:sly:
I fear the days of PD being the best in the game with their graphical standards are probably numbered too. Also there other devs have played catch up and produce graphically stunning games nowadays. Gameplay wise they better change the whole formula around, still to see if that would eventually happen (you know, listen to fan feedback and all), they haven't done so and always followed their own design philosophy this far.

Ugh, the one time I feel like playing GT in months, so I turn it on and get updating. For half an hour. And it's still only 20% done.

Who knows if I'll still feel like playing in a few hours when it finishes whatever the hell it's doing. I'll probably have gone back to playing a game that lets me play it, not the real update bar watching simulator. :rolleyes:

2 days later ill be back to college. So ill be much rarer to play PS, let alone post here.

Thanks Polyphony! Best summer ever from you! /s

Do you want to though? I'm thinking that all there is left are the VGT's, which I will collect for some future time when I feel like reminiscing.

I don't expect any worthwhile additions or changes to the game. That makes me sad.
With the long wait some of you guy's are enduring for the CM & the big break in any news, I think it's pretty bad form on PD's behalf to be teasing us for for another 2-3 weeks with these VGT cars, they should just release them, let us do our seasonal's to win them, then put em into the SY & move onto the next thing, instead of hanging it out like some slow cancerous death.

With the long wait some of you guy's are enduring for the CM & the big break in any news, I think it's pretty bad form on PD's behalf to be teasing us for for another 2-3 weeks with these VGT cars, they should just release them, let us do our seasonal's to win them, then put em into the SY & move onto the next thing, instead of hanging it out like some slow cancerous death.

I hate to admit, but I've finally given up on CM. GT6 has reached its peak, and PD is now likely hyper involved with GT7. The only thing left for GT6 is releasing the final VGTs. I still play GT6 a lot, but the extreme CM delay is unbelievably disappointing. Just give us SOMETHING.

I hate to admit, but I've finally given up on CM. GT6 has reached its peak, and PD is now likely hyper involved with GT7. The only thing left for GT6 is releasing the final VGTs. I still play GT6 a lot, but the extreme CM delay is unbelievably disappointing. Just give us SOMETHING.

Course maker was complete in 2010 when GT5 launched. When was this new course maker started? When Gt6 launched? They should have included it as is at the very least when GT6 launched.

There is little that it can do now to make up for the disappointment. Because really, who went into GT6 thinking that the GT5 features would be removed or pared back? Who does that? PD, that's who. It's truly disgraceful.

What will GT7 lack? online connectivity?

Course maker was complete in 2010 when GT5 launched. When was this new course maker started? When Gt6 launched? They should have included it as is at the very least when GT6 launched.

There is little that it can do now to make up for the disappointment. Because really, who went into GT6 thinking that the GT5 features would be removed or pared back? Who does that? PD, that's who. It's truly disgraceful.

What will GT7 lack? online connectivity?
Don't you have to pay for Online with the PS4? Unlike the PS3 which I can do Online for free...

Popped in Gt5 just now... did not play it in period... I bought my PS3 for GT6 (yeah mistake) and GT5 came with it.

Its a waaaaaaaaaaay better game.

Better music, better gameplay, better menus, endurance, waaaay beter B-Spec, modern F1 cars, the Ginetta G4 and of course AN EFFING COURSE MAKER.

The loading times aren't even that bad. (Which IMO was the main reason for Gt6).

The only real improvements to Gt6 was the adding of weather to some tracks (such as Monza No Chicane) and of course the new cars and tracks and a few visual tweaks.

GT5 just needed a 3.0 treatment with all the stuff from Gt6 worth a salt (Senna stuff, tracks, GTR-Nismo and Zytek), and left out the rest of the nonsense.

If you ask me it's been a diabolical way to celebrate an anniversary of a franchise, it's been a cock up from the start.
You know, I've never thought of that before, but reading your post kind of blew my mind. Now, I don't have nearly the frustrations with GT6 that many of you have because I have nothing to compare it to. GT6 is my first installment into computerized racing. But, comparing GT6 with past installments, even I can see that GT6 has been quite a let down in many, many ways. For this let down to happen under a banner of it's 15th Anniversary edition is even more embarrassing, in my eyes.

Ahahahahaha a quarter year waiting for a single update. Meanwhile entire other games has gone forward.

I cant even bothered with GT6 anymore. Im forgot.

Back