The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
VBR
Even if GT7 is the best game ever, most of us wouldn't recognise it as we've all become so jaded & cynical after being exposed to this thread for the past however long!

;)

There will still be those that will desperately try and cling to whatever remains of their shattered hopes and dreams for the franchise as they're clearly scared of the cold hard truth that they refuse to acknowledge.

They can hope GT7 will be something special and bring the franchise back to what it once was all they want. Many people that have moved on seen PD's true colours and won't be fooled for the second time if they screw up GT7 (which they likely going to do anyways).

If PD actually cared, you would see them communicating with the fanbase. PD had messed up so much during the PS3 generation, so it's mind boggling to me how some STILL gives PD free passes. Can't believe I was like that since GT5...

I wonder if PD will go for GT7 for a 20th anniversary & GT8 for a 25th anniversary, so 3 more years till 7 then another 5 for 8.
Or get GT7 out asap & do GT8 as the 20th AE, if there is to be another anniversary selling technique that is.

Standards in GT7.

All you need to know what is in store for GT.
On PSN one can find PS2 classics & PS1 classics to download. In GT7 the "PS2 classics" are included within the game.
I'd prefer to have an entire line-up of premium cars & premium tracks, a current-gen game having content that dates back to PS2 feels odd. On the other hand, if PD will keep standard cars just to increase car count why didn't they included all the tracks from GT3 & GT4 to increase track count?

Man, today was a real struggle. I was going to host a cars and coffee room but things did not go as planned thanks to the good ole' GT6 servers. When I opened the first room, half the lobby couldn't see each other. Then I decided to open a second room hoping the issues would be gone. But nope, same story. After an hour of trying, I finally gave up. It wasn't worth the hassle so I let someone else try to host.

They can hope GT7 will be something special and bring the franchise back to what it once was all they want. Many people that have moved on seen PD's true colours and won't be fooled for the second time if they screw up GT7 (which they likely going to do anyways).

If PD actually cared, you would see them communicating with the fanbase. PD had messed up so much during the PS3 generation, so it's mind boggling to me how some STILL gives PD free passes. Can't believe I was like that since GT5...

Technically it'll be the 3rd time as PD screwed us with GT5 then again with GT6. Some "fans" (term used extremely lightly) are incredibly delusional.

Man, today was a real struggle. I was going to host a cars and coffee room but things did not go as planned thanks to the good ole' GT6 servers. When I opened the first room, half the lobby couldn't see each other. Then I decided to open a second room hoping the issues would be gone. But nope, same story. After an hour of trying, I finally gave up. It wasn't worth the hassle so I let someone else try to host.

I had a similar problem - I host championship racing every Sunday afternoon and in the first room I couldn't see anyone else - 13 people in the room and there only appeared to be one!

Fortunately when a new room was formed visibility returned, but it left me thinking that with some modern games offering grids of 24 or maybe even 32 there will have to be a substantial overhaul of the servers before GT7 is released.

Last edited:
We haven't had an update since June, and after seeing all these news updates about Forza, PCars and whatnot, I'm starting to really wonder what the hell PD thinks this lack of communication is helping. I mean cutting off communication with your fanbase while other games come and take them away? I felt that I was one of the last remaining few people that had a lot of hope for PD, and kept an optimistic mindset when it came to updates, but it seems like PD would rather make a game, abandon their fanbase, then tease little petty trailers.

I tell you, if PD keeps this up, they might hit the biggest plummet I've ever lived to see in video game history (In my years of living of course) From being the top realistic racing game for Sony to being a joke to sim/arcade racers everywhere.

TBH, if it wasn't for GTPlanet and these racers creative minds on how to make the game fun online, I would have been scraped the game.

I do hope GT7 is off the walls amazing. and I do plan on buying it (provided it has good reviews and has better features than GT6) However, I have lost a good chunk of respect for PD for the way they've been treating the people who support them, but I guess they gotta stick to what gets them the most money right? I mean it's all about the money nowadays to these companies.

I do not understand the hate for this game :confused:

I probably played some 2hrs after a long time and it was so much fun. Hotlapping tsukuba, even before you know you are already in 10th lap. Lovely little track and very addictive too. Misson 5 in S license I think it was. Ford duel in green hell with day night transition. Took Fiat 500 abarth in rome in seasonal and also the awesome midfiled track in the seasonal. Did few laps at leman and brands hatch too with different time of day. I am in love with this game again :lol:

I probably played some 2hrs after a long time and it was so much fun. Hotlapping tsukuba, even before you know you are already in 10th lap. Lovely little track and very addictive too. Misson 5 in S license I think it was. Ford duel in green hell with day night transition. Took Fiat 500 abarth in rome in seasonal and also the awesome midfiled track in the seasonal. Did few laps at leman and brands hatch too with different time of day. I am in love with this game again :lol:
Wrong thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

FS7
On PSN one can find PS2 classics & PS1 classics to download. In GT7 the "PS2 classics" are included within the game.

That's actually a funny way to put it. They could say that in a way GT games are backwards compatible :lol:

It's really about comparing to the the previous iteration. GT5 had it's issues, sure, but it was good value for the money and very enduring. GT6, being the follow up, you'd think that there would be an incremental improvement at the very least.

Instead, there are GROSS imbalances left unchecked, a reduced feature set, and generally speaking, not a lot of value for the money in comparison. GT6 should have built off it's predecessor, but they've failed to uphold on the promise of a better iteration. As someone mentioned, this is the anniversary edition, so you can forgive the community for thinking it would be the best yet. That's what any other developer/publisher would have done.

Ahahahahaha a quarter year waiting for a single update. Meanwhile entire other games has gone forward.

I cant even bothered with GT6 anymore. Im forgot.

Quarter a year waiting - its now well over 18 months of waiting!

We haven't had an update since June, and after seeing all these news updates about Forza, PCars and whatnot, I'm starting to really wonder what the hell PD thinks this lack of communication is helping. I mean cutting off communication with your fanbase while other games come and take them away? I felt that I was one of the last remaining few people that had a lot of hope for PD, and kept an optimistic mindset when it came to updates, but it seems like PD would rather make a game, abandon their fanbase, then tease little petty trailers.

I tell you, if PD keeps this up, they might hit the biggest plummet I've ever lived to see in video game history (In my years of living of course) From being the top realistic racing game for Sony to being a joke to sim/arcade racers everywhere.

TBH, if it wasn't for GTPlanet and these racers creative minds on how to make the game fun online, I would have been scraped the game.

I do hope GT7 is off the walls amazing. and I do plan on buying it (provided it has good reviews and has better features than GT6) However, I have lost a good chunk of respect for PD for the way they've been treating the people who support them, but I guess they gotta stick to what gets them the most money right? I mean it's all about the money nowadays to these companies.

Don't be fooled by reviews, read the comments at the bottom of them to hear the "real" truth!

Quarter a year waiting - its now well over 18 months of waiting!
Nah. I just play fair and conclude we still not have any updates for around 3 months.

Don't be fooled by reviews, read the comments at the bottom of them to hear the "real" truth!
Comments look good, unless you mean GTP. Most are pretty casual though, not invested on it.

However, i was told that me and numerous others here has a quite sparse time on summer. Im quite looking forward for the updates.

It was none. And no teasers dont cut it.

Well, now i became more busier with college stuff, the interest in GT6 has become quite invested to not caring at all. In fact, the only reason i still play GT6 for short time is to keep my friends and community happy. For me it became very stale.

Time to move on. Ive got alot of things and games to do anyways nowadays.

Also my first long post on GT6 section for quite a time.

I do hope GT7 is off the walls amazing. and I do plan on buying it (provided it has good reviews and has better features than GT6)
Like Jimmy says watch out with those reviews, GT6 scored good with all the big review sites too as most people that review racing games over there don't know their ass from their elbow. As long as the eye candy is present they seem to look over all the major flaws when it comes to handing out their scores.

Better off looking for user reviews on sites like GTP :)

This is a random lobby i've joined...
(Sorry if i didn't censored anything at all)
My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-27 21-21-05.png

On the lobby screen, everything looks fine...it's (was 8 before someone leaved the track)...7 players on the track...so it's should be normal..right?

Now look at this following image...
My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-27 21-21-31.png

Why the HELL it's [1/6] on the Top left and 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 players on the right?

The number 8 guy is already on the track before (see the first image)...so it's shouldn't be on the bottom as 8...it should be 7...

Also...
I had some screenshots and a video of it but sadly most of them are gone thanks to my PC being un-bootable and had to reformatted by some workers...

I thought GT7 would have been out by now. I am now told by my son it will only be on ps4 when it is released.
What a bummer I only bought the ps3 for the blueray player and GT games. No way I am forking out again for another console after the GT6 game. I just cannot see GT7 being any different.
The rest of the gaming world has caught up with PD and overtaken them in the car game market.
What am I saying is it the end of an era???????? I must be getting old. Well I know I am I emailed Tesco with a complaint last week! sure sign. Time to get out the pipe and slippers.:lol::lol:

Great. We have waited two years for the course maker and we have a few months to play with it untill GT6 servers shut down.
Now I want an explanation what took so long, and why they were silent about it for 2 years!

Last edited:
Well with the official formal announcement of the course maker, it looks as though PD did next to 🤬 all to expand upon the one from GT5 apart from stick some extra fluff on it with control over where trackside scenery is placed.

Then they make it available as a tablet app. :grumpy:

GG Kaz.

Well with the official formal announcement of the course maker, it looks as though PD did next to 🤬 all to expand upon the one from GT5 apart from stick some extra fluff on it with control over where trackside scenery is placed.

Then they make it available as a tablet app. :grumpy:

GG Kaz.
I know right? I got slightly excited until I saw it wasn't really all that new apart from adding props you can't even see being placed on your track, and it STILL seems like you're only able to generate tracks... It just looks like a slightly updated version of GT5's CM, which killed my excitement with ease.

I swear if it is like that, 2 years for another half assed feature. :grumpy: :facepalm:

Back