The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Well with the official formal announcement of the course maker,

It's neither of those things.

it looks as though PD did next to 🤬 all to expand upon the one from GT5 apart from stick some extra fluff on it with control over where trackside scenery is placed.

GT5: Algorithm-based generator with very little user control, limited to section amount, section width, section banking, and "complexity".
GT6: User-drawn shape of a track, possibly point-to-point, control of corner banking/width individually, width control, track-side object placement, control over curbing.

Yep, practically the same.

Then they make it available as a tablet app. :grumpy:

Fair game.

Oh yeah. Gonna say, why the app is for IPAD only?!

It feels like Apple paid PD for advertises their Ipad Pro XD Draw kerbs with force touches XD

It'll likely be on Android tablets too.

Except some of us don't have tablets and aren't willing to go and spend money even on a cheap one, especially since CM is 2 years late. So not fair game.

I meant fair game as in fair complaint. Since it was the only one.

Oh yeah. Gonna say, why the app is for IPAD only?!

That's a good question, since it isn't.

Well with the official formal announcement of the course maker, it looks as though PD did next to 🤬 all to expand upon the one from GT5 apart from stick some extra fluff on it with control over where trackside scenery is placed.

Then they make it available as a tablet app. :grumpy:

GG Kaz.
If it stays this way and they say "case closed, we delivered it": :lol:

To be really fair, the tablet is one of the way to make the course, not the only one. You can do it in game as far as i can tell.

Not to deviate from Whining and Crying. Just to straighten up a bit.

To be really fair, the tablet is one of the way to make the course, not the only one. You can do it in game as far as i can tell.
That would be the obvious thing to do, but why not announce and release the whole thing together then? (App version+ PS3 version). A simple message saying "we are also working on implementing an ingame version" is lacking, whilst it would have made a lot of people happy especially after 20 months sitting in the dark.

Either that's a bit of a PR blunder, or it just means it will be the app and that's it.

Not to deviate from Whining and Crying. Just to straighten up a bit.

We don't know. Any other dev you'd assume so, but it's totally believable that Polyphony would make it app only. They've made weird design decisions before.

I hope it's not true, because I don't want to have to emulate a tablet on my pc. I hope I get home this afternoon and find this is another case of Polyphonys total lack of communication biting them in the bum, and that I can make tracks on my ps3.

Go 🤬 yourself, Polyphony.

We finally get the Course Maker, and I've actually been excited for most of the day to play it, despite my sense that something has to end up not going right.

But instead of getting home, updating, and making some tracks, I get home, update, and wrestle with Bluestacks for half an hour before deciding that you really don't want me to play your game after all. 🤬 you if you think I'm going to jump through more of your hoops to play your half-assed game. 🤬 you if you think I'm dropping any more money on this.

Go 🤬 yourself, Polyphony. This is Grade A government certified top class state of the art horse:censored:.

We finally get the Course Maker, and I've actually been excited for most of the day to play it, despite my sense that something has to end up not going right.

But instead of getting home, updating, and making some tracks, I get home, update, and wrestle with Bluestacks for half an hour before deciding that you really don't want me to play your game after all. 🤬 you if you think I'm going to jump through more of your hoops to play your half-assed game. 🤬 you if you think I'm dropping any more money on this.

Go 🤬 yourself, Polyphony. This is Grade A government certified top class state of the art horse:censored:.
Wow. I am sure soon there will be some straight forward steps to make it work on PC.
However I think it was the best decision to release it on tablets, maybe on PC could have been better.
Why? Because the new course maker has functions that are not optimized for a controller, such as importing pictures, positioning stuff and stuff. I have not tried it out yet so I can't tell.
People spend countless hours to make mods to work on PC. I had skyrim mods myself and had to spend a lot of time to make them all work. A little bit of patience (if you think it is worth, otherwise no point) is required to make it available on PC. Then it should be ok.

I'm not even mad, disappointed or surprised. I don't think I could be more indifferent to the new Course Maker. Especially considering the need for a tablet, which is just pathetic. And laughable.

Possibly, I would've been interested if we were able to make point-to-point, up- and downhill touge courses though. Good thing I didn't hold my breath for that.

Wow. I am sure soon there will be some straight forward steps to make it work on PC.
However I think it was the best decision to release it on tablets, maybe on PC could have been better.
Why? Because the new course maker has functions that are not optimized for a controller, such as importing pictures, positioning stuff and stuff. I have not tried it out yet so I can't tell.
People spend countless hours to make mods to work on PC. I had skyrim mods myself and had to spend a lot of time to make them all work. A little bit of patience (if you think it is worth, otherwise no point) is required to make it available on PC. Then it should be ok.

It's not a mod. I've played mods, and I'm totally willing to spend time with them to get them to work. That's just part of the deal. But this is a part of the game, direct from the developer. I shouldn't be having to stuff around on different hardware altogether just to even get it working.

That's what I paid them to do.

I accept that sometimes things are a bit buggy, but this isn't buggy. This is working exactly as designed. And stopping me from using it. Hell, if they hadn't locked in onto tablets at least I could have had a go getting it to work on my phone.

Not optimized for a controller is a cop out. It's completely possible to make a course maker that works with a controller, and it's completely possible to map a controller so that it works with THAT course maker app. To try and claim otherwise is to have put absolutely no thought into how you might do so. It's not hard, and I see absolutely no impediment to it.

I don't give a rat's if there do turn out to be straightforward steps to make it work on PC. It's a PS3 game, it should :censored:ing well work on PS3. That should be the basic assumption for any software, it should work on the hardware it was sold for. Unless I was informed up front before purchase, I shouldn't require additional hardware to play it.

It's not a mod. I've played mods, and I'm totally willing to spend time with them to get them to work. That's just part of the deal. But this is a part of the game, direct from the developer. I shouldn't be having to stuff around on different hardware altogether just to even get it working.

That's what I paid them to do.

I accept that sometimes things are a bit buggy, but this isn't buggy. This is working exactly as designed. And stopping me from using it. Hell, if they hadn't locked in onto tablets at least I could have had a go getting it to work on my phone.

Not optimized for a controller is a cop out. It's completely possible to make a course maker that works with a controller, and it's completely possible to map a controller so that it works with THAT course maker app. To try and claim otherwise is to have put absolutely no thought into how you might do so. It's not hard, and I see absolutely no impediment to it.

I don't give a rat's if there do turn out to be straightforward steps to make it work on PC. It's a PS3 game, it should :censored:ing well work on PS3. That should be the basic assumption for any software, it should work on the hardware it was sold for. Unless I was informed up front before purchase, I shouldn't require additional hardware to play it.
Ok. It doesn't bother me that much, and I prefer it that way.

lol what planet does PD live on? They release a game on last gen consoles a week after the next gen consoles release then take 2 years to deliver a feature that was promised from the start and then make it so you need a tablet to actually use that feature? What?
PD probably lives in the planet where everyone is rich enough to have an IPad

Also

Imari gone mad WTH.

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much, and I prefer it that way.

Uh huh. You own a tablet.

Imari gone mad WTH.

Yeah, I'm :censored:ing mad. Because I don't have a tablet I'm a second class citizen. My game isn't as good as Joe GalaxyTab over here, even though I paid the same for it.

🤬 that.

I figure I better vent it here before my rage spews all over the rest of the forums where the elite with tablets are actually trying to enjoy themselves. Good for them, it's nice that somebody gets to play and it looks decent even if not exactly what we've all been waiting for.

But 🤬 this hardware segregation bull:censored:. I didn't buy a PS3 and GT6 so that I could fiddle with a tablet.

Uh huh. You own a tablet.

Yeah, I'm :censored:ing mad. Because I don't have a tablet I'm a second class citizen. My game isn't as good as Joe GalaxyTab over here, even though I paid the same for it.

🤬 that.

I figure I better vent it here before my rage spews all over the rest of the forums where the elite with tablets are actually trying to enjoy themselves. Good for them, it's nice that somebody gets to play and it looks decent even if not exactly what we've all been waiting for.

But 🤬 this hardware segregation bull:censored:. I didn't buy a PS3 and GT6 so that I could fiddle with a tablet.
Well it seems people with Android tablets can't access it too as it is not available yet.

Never seen @Imari like that :odd: He certainly has a point and I agree that it all should work on the PS3 without needing extra hardware. It's like selling GT6 only with a wheel and leave pad-users in the dust. Not the right way to go.

and.....it doesn't work on most tablets. You probably need an 10 inch.

I am sure PD will get a lot of backfire from this one.....again.....

Back