The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by HaylRayzor, May 15, 2013.

1. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

It's neither of those things.

GT5: Algorithm-based generator with very little user control, limited to section amount, section width, section banking, and "complexity".
    GT6: User-drawn shape of a track, possibly point-to-point, control of corner banking/width individually, width control, track-side object placement, control over curbing.

Yep, practically the same.

Fair game.

strela likes this.
  2. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Except some of us don't have tablets and aren't willing to go and spend money even on a cheap one, especially since CM is 2 years late. So not fair game.

3. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Redacted

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. AudiMan2011

It'll likely be on Android tablets too.

5. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

I meant fair game as in fair complaint. Since it was the only one.

That's a good question, since it isn't.

super_gt likes this.
  6. AudiMan2011

Okay. Misunderstood that part. My bad. :tup:

Jimmy_DA, Gerarghini and super_gt like this.
  7. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Yeah sorry. Some people got misleading on the main CM thread. Just come home so yeah.

8. Earth

Earth

Well my 2 cents is this seems like the course maker that should have shipped with GT5, not as an update to GT6 20 months after its release.

At least its done and finished now and they can focus more on GT7

TwinTurbo LM, JKgo and Imari like this.
  9. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

If it stays this way and they say "case closed, we delivered it": :lol:

super_gt likes this.
  10. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

To be really fair, the tablet is one of the way to make the course, not the only one. You can do it in game as far as i can tell.

Not to deviate from Whining and Crying. Just to straighten up a bit.

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  11. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

That would be the obvious thing to do, but why not announce and release the whole thing together then? (App version+ PS3 version). A simple message saying "we are also working on implementing an ingame version" is lacking, whilst it would have made a lot of people happy especially after 20 months sitting in the dark.

Either that's a bit of a PR blunder, or it just means it will be the app and that's it.

12. Imari

Imari

We don't know. Any other dev you'd assume so, but it's totally believable that Polyphony would make it app only. They've made weird design decisions before.

I hope it's not true, because I don't want to have to emulate a tablet on my pc. I hope I get home this afternoon and find this is another case of Polyphonys total lack of communication biting them in the bum, and that I can make tracks on my ps3.

Gerarghini, VBR, Shahar and 2 others like this.
  13. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Ho-lee :censored:, PD!

Only on tablets? Seriously? They must be trolling on purpose...

/rant

Seriously, why? I hope we can really use emulators for the CM app.

14. Imari

Imari

Go :censored: yourself, Polyphony.

We finally get the Course Maker, and I've actually been excited for most of the day to play it, despite my sense that something has to end up not going right.

But instead of getting home, updating, and making some tracks, I get home, update, and wrestle with Bluestacks for half an hour before deciding that you really don't want me to play your game after all. :censored: you if you think I'm going to jump through more of your hoops to play your half-assed game. :censored: you if you think I'm dropping any more money on this.

Go :censored: yourself, Polyphony. This is Grade A government certified top class state of the art horse:censored:.

15. TiZzla

TiZzla

lol what planet does PD live on? They release a game on last gen consoles a week after the next gen consoles release then take 2 years to deliver a feature that was promised from the start and then make it so you need a tablet to actually use that feature? What?

Gerarghini, Dreadmed, moh82sy and 9 others like this.
  16. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

Wow. I am sure soon there will be some straight forward steps to make it work on PC.
    However I think it was the best decision to release it on tablets, maybe on PC could have been better.
    Why? Because the new course maker has functions that are not optimized for a controller, such as importing pictures, positioning stuff and stuff. I have not tried it out yet so I can't tell.
    People spend countless hours to make mods to work on PC. I had skyrim mods myself and had to spend a lot of time to make them all work. A little bit of patience (if you think it is worth, otherwise no point) is required to make it available on PC. Then it should be ok.

17. Shahar

Shahar

Not a different planet, but a different time: The 90's.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  18. MXH

MXH Premium

I'm not even mad, disappointed or surprised. I don't think I could be more indifferent to the new Course Maker. Especially considering the need for a tablet, which is just pathetic. And laughable.

Possibly, I would've been interested if we were able to make point-to-point, up- and downhill touge courses though. Good thing I didn't hold my breath for that.

19. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

It is possible.

20. Imari

Imari

It's not a mod. I've played mods, and I'm totally willing to spend time with them to get them to work. That's just part of the deal. But this is a part of the game, direct from the developer. I shouldn't be having to stuff around on different hardware altogether just to even get it working.

That's what I paid them to do.

I accept that sometimes things are a bit buggy, but this isn't buggy. This is working exactly as designed. And stopping me from using it. Hell, if they hadn't locked in onto tablets at least I could have had a go getting it to work on my phone.

Not optimized for a controller is a cop out. It's completely possible to make a course maker that works with a controller, and it's completely possible to map a controller so that it works with THAT course maker app. To try and claim otherwise is to have put absolutely no thought into how you might do so. It's not hard, and I see absolutely no impediment to it.

I don't give a rat's if there do turn out to be straightforward steps to make it work on PC. It's a PS3 game, it should :censored:ing well work on PS3. That should be the basic assumption for any software, it should work on the hardware it was sold for. Unless I was informed up front before purchase, I shouldn't require additional hardware to play it.

Jimmy_DA, tori, Gerarghini and 15 others like this.
  21. HKS racer

HKS racer (Banned)

There weren't tablet in the 90's. They just love to troll their customers.

Jimmy_DA, Johnnypenso and TokoTurismo like this.
  22. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much, and I prefer it that way.

23. MXH

MXH Premium

How, when you've no control over the elevation?

:odd:

Johnnypenso likes this.
  24. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

Point to point is possible. No elevation though I think.

25. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

PD probably lives in the planet where everyone is rich enough to have an IPad

Also
    Imari gone mad WTH.

26. Imari

Imari

Uh huh. You own a tablet.

Yeah, I'm :censored:ing mad. Because I don't have a tablet I'm a second class citizen. My game isn't as good as Joe GalaxyTab over here, even though I paid the same for it.

:censored: that.

I figure I better vent it here before my rage spews all over the rest of the forums where the elite with tablets are actually trying to enjoy themselves. Good for them, it's nice that somebody gets to play and it looks decent even if not exactly what we've all been waiting for.

But :censored: this hardware segregation bull:censored:. I didn't buy a PS3 and GT6 so that I could fiddle with a tablet.

Jimmy_DA, CaptainTNT, tori and 12 others like this.
  27. MXH

MXH Premium

Rightfully so. PD really did pull a massive pile of horse:censored: with this one.

28. Shahar

Shahar

What would be PD's answer to the question " What if I don't own an Tablet? I guess it would be something like "The PC version is coming soon".

Gerarghini and Johnnypenso like this.
  29. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Well it seems people with Android tablets can't access it too as it is not available yet.

Imari likes this.
  30. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Never seen @Imari like that :odd: He certainly has a point and I agree that it all should work on the PS3 without needing extra hardware. It's like selling GT6 only with a wheel and leave pad-users in the dust. Not the right way to go.

and.....it doesn't work on most tablets. You probably need an 10 inch.

I am sure PD will get a lot of backfire from this one.....again.....