The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
It wasnt a lazy answer. You were saying I said something that I didnt say. I still take his word instead of some weirdo with an animated pony as an avatar who thinks its cool to use a different coloured font than anybody elses word for it and I take his word instead of the websites calculation.

Don't attack the poster you should know that by now. If you want to jump on the Kaz dream train feel free to do so.

Man I just shake my head at people who turned on Kaz. That man brought Gran Turismo into your lives and you talk as if he's Kanye West: all talk, no substance.

It wasnt a lazy answer. You were saying I said something that I didnt say.
I was sure there was 1000 cars in GT5
And I've been arguing how that isn't the case even though Kaz is saying it is, because it's not. Funny, that.

I take his word instead of the websites calculation.
I do have to wonder which official word of PD that you choose to listen to on any one day. The one on PD's press release for GT6, that says every car in GT5 is coming back? The one on PD's website, that lists 1064 cars in the game and is missing all of the cars that they released as DLC (paid and free) after that first set (which would obviously count as "cars in GT5")? Or the one where Kaz said there will be 1200 cars in the game and 200 new ones, even though that's impossible with the first two facts are taken into account?

I wonder if the official words fight it out inside your mind whenever you go to post.

I have the new premium car count at 428 (136 brand new and 292 from GT5).

First, look here. This is PD's official car list for GT5. It stands at 1,064. GT6 is supposed to have 1,200 cars at launch. 1,200 - 1,064 = 136 brand new premiums.

We're not done yet.

Let's add the 136 new cars to the already existing premium car count from GT5's Master Car List. It shows 292 premiums (from GT5).

292 + 136 = 428.

Amazed at the talk about DLC.

The DLC for Forza 4 & GT5 were fantastic, Forza 4 had some of the best cars ever made as cheap little downloads & GT5 had the mother of all circuits in the form of Spa as DLC.

The content of core GT6 is going to be immense and the DLC will expand it. Don't want it? Don't download it.

And you're not even slightly suspicious they'll hold back content that should be included in the purchase price so they can "bless" us with it a month later at $5 a download?

You claim the core content will be immense but you don't know that. The current content list we have (admittedly incomplete) doesn't look immense to me.

GT5 was sold an an incomplete game. It never was made complete and never will be. I just want GT6 to be a complete game at release, without paying extra for things that should be included.

I never said I'm against dlc. Some dlc in some games has been fantastic. Some of it has been pure garbage simply to steal players' money. And some of it has been missing core content that should have been included in the first place.

Sony and PD are not above suspicion. They're in the business of making money, and everything they do has to be about making money. And some of it has been core content that should have been included at release, or at least given as free dlc since it should have been there to begin with.

In the end I'll decide if my money is part of the money they make. You decide for yourself.

I'm amazed at how some people attack those that ask simple questions...

And I've been arguing how that isn't the case even though Kaz is saying it is, because it's not. Funny, that.
See there you go again. I know I said that. This is what I am on about.

So because Kaz says so, GT5 only has 1000 cars when PD's website (which at this point is also a year and a half outdated in regards to what DLC has been released since) doesn't even agree with him? It's not 200 new cars to date. It's new cars including all of the DLC (paid and otherwise) that has already been released for GT5, just like the 7 new tracks figure includes the tracks that they have already released for GT5.
You are trying to say I said something I didnt say.

Dont be surprised if you dont get an answer from me. I'm done with you now.

And you're not even slightly suspicious they'll hold back content that should be included in the purchase price so they can "bless" us with it a month later at $5 a download?

This is probably my greatest, and really only concern for GT6. :indiff: Most ridiculous DLC tactic, I don't want another EA or CodeMasters.

It wasnt a lazy answer. You were saying I said something that I didnt say. I still take his word instead of some weirdo with an animated pony as an avatar who thinks its cool to use a different coloured font than anybody elses word for it and I take his word instead of the websites calculation.

And you're a person with a previous warning for abusive comments and you somehow feel doing so again is going to be overlooked?

See how that works when you're being attacked instead of the point you're attempting to drive home? It stifles actual conversation and makes you appear as if you have nothing better to say. Someone's choice of avatar and font or color is in no way indicative of anything other than a childish cheap shot.

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't reply.

We also need to figure out what's the deal with that Alpine A110. Hopefully we won't have another situation where we have a Standard/Premium duplicate, with the only difference being the model year.

Oooh don't worry. I doubt that'll happen (despite in GT5). ;)

Man I just shake my head at people who turned on Kaz. That man brought Gran Turismo into your lives and you talk as if he's Kanye West: all talk, no substance.

Gran Turismo 5 was an atrocity... some of the complaints I've seen in this thread are annoying because all we've seen is one trailer but I don't blame people for being cautious or pessimistic.

And you're a person with a previous warning for abusive comments and you somehow feel doing so again is going to be overlooked?

See how that works when you're being attacked instead of the point you're attempting to drive home? It stifles actual conversation and makes you appear as if you have nothing better to say. Someone's choice of avatar and font or color is in no way indicative of anything other than a childish cheap shot.

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't reply.
Yes I got a warning for abusive comments but to this day I dont know what abusive comments they were. That comment you quoted is abusive I agree but that person kept pushing until I finally cracked.The comment I got an infraction for wasnt even an abusive comment in the first place. I was speaking my mind in a non abusive manner in the comment I got an infraction for , but I took that infraction without questioning it anyway because it seems that you arent allowed to speak your mind on here if the moderator doesnt like you.

Yes I see how it works. What about the other non constructive commenters then? Must they shut up too?

Gran Turismo 5 was an atrocity... some of the complaints I've seen in this thread are annoying because all we've seen is one trailer but I don't blame people for being cautious or pessimistic.

No Duke Nukem Forever was an atrocity. GT5 was a jack of all trades master of none. It was far from terrible, but at the same time it was not as magic as GT4.

I just think people need to chill out and let Kaz show us what he can do with this sixth title. I don't develop games so I can't pretend Kaz doesn't know what he is doing.

We also need to figure out what's the deal with that Alpine A110.
It appears the Premium one featured in the Silverstone public demo is the "Alpine A110 1600S '68", while the standard one is according to the official GT5 car list, the "Alpine A110 1600S '73". I have not been able to find any exterior differences after a more or less prolonged Google search. Their engines should at the very least have different output/power curves, though.

I found out that Alpine didn't start manufacturing the "1600S" until year 1970, however. If the Premium one in GT6 really is a '68 model, it's either been labeled wrongly or it's a prototype model or something (worse scenario: a non-existing model).

I have not been able to find any exterior differences after a more or less prolonged Google search. Their engines should at the very least have different output/power curves, though.

Look at the "fog lights"
alpine_a110_01-640x360.jpg

5863793999_1c3600a8d5_o.jpg

And that's everything about it I think.

That comment you quoted is abusive I agree but that person kept pushing until I finally cracked.

You've been here long enough that this shouldn't have to be explained to you; there is no justifications. Breaking the AUP is breaking the AUP. If you think someone is violating those same rules in any way towards you, don't hesitate to report the post.

That also goes for the suggestion that one might receive infractions simply because a member of staff doesn't like them. If you feel you've been wrongly warned/infracted, send a PM to Famine or even Jordan.

I did not enjoy GT5. I felt too many things were copied from GT4. Of course the main thing being the standard cars.

If they make every car in GT6 to the same high quality, hell, I'll buy 2 copies of the game. I want new interesting tracks. I want cool rally tracks like GT2 and GT4 had. I want the old tracks back.

It really really sounds like the same "standard" cars are returning to GT6, if that is the case, I'm sorry but I have to pass on this one. This will be the first GT I don't buy. I just want to sit inside the damn cars.

Look at the "fog lights"

[image]
[image]

And that's everything about it I think.

Hm yes, I see now that I get to look at in-game images. I think they were an aftermarket option in the real life model (see the front bumper on the GT4 version? It's as if you could easily mount additional lights on it) that might or might not be present in photographs.

Still, if the GT6 version really is a '68 model, then it's not supposed to be a 1600S.

You've been here long enough that this shouldn't have to be explained to you; there is no justifications. Breaking the AUP is breaking the AUP. If you think someone is violating those same rules in any way towards you, don't hesitate to report the post.

That also goes for the suggestion that one might receive infractions simply because a member of staff doesn't like them. If you feel you've been wrongly warned/infracted, send a PM to Famine or even Jordan.
I apologise for that comment to Tornado and yes IU do think that infraction was given to me wrongly but for my attack on Tornado I do not deserve to have the infraction removed.

7 new tracks feels like a small number compared to three years... but they announce monthly DLCs, i.e. all the legacy tracks come via DLC. Good and bad at once.

By FAR, personally the most dissapointing outcome.

I was really looking forward for at least all the GT4 tracks to return, and held too much hope for Red Rock Valley remake. Like I said before, even if we'll get them through DLC, they won't be integrated to our A-Spec career, thus its usage being limited to free run and online. :(

This would also mean few to none events for Rally Cars if we're not going to have any more Rally tracks than GT5. Perhaps it'll depend on the course maker, but I'd really like some Rally tracks from GT3 and GT4 to return, including the El Capitan dirt part.

I did not enjoy GT5. I felt too many things were copied from GT4. Of course the main thing being the standard cars.

If they make every car in GT6 to the same high quality, hell, I'll buy 2 copies of the game. I want new interesting tracks. I want cool rally tracks like GT2 and GT4 had. I want the old tracks back.

It really really sounds like the same "standard" cars are returning to GT6, if that is the case, I'm sorry but I have to pass on this one. This will be the first GT I don't buy. I just want to sit inside the damn cars.

I agree. And for me, it kind of hurts to say no because a part of me DOES want GT6. But I'm sick of the blatant inconsistencies. As time goes on, and I find out that standards are updated to the point they have equal access to the game's features that premiums have, I might change my mind and buy it. But right now, it's a no. I don't feel excited about GT6 at all currently. I'm looking more forward to what Forza 5 will bring to the table.

I love how KY presented the new wheels and then said:

"In GT5, the selection of wheels was very limited. But in GT6, we are going to remove all those limits and make it so that you can have whatever wheel you like. So everyone will really have the freedom to customize their cars to look however they want to."

Then he proceeds swiftly to tracks lol. As if wheels are the central point of customizing our cars... :crazy:

I really doubt a livery editor will be in GT6.

Back